FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Emotionally drained

Emotionally drained

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Never been a fan of Ricky Gervais, but took the plunge yesterday and binge watched series 1 of Afterlife. I am done, I need recuperation time before watching series 2.

The most funny, poignant emotional bit of writing and directing I have seen for a long long time. Bravo Mr Gervais you my friend are simply brilliant

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

You better get extra tissues for season 2 then . It's even better and even sadder !!

God don’t know if we will have enough tissues for the two of us

"You better get extra tissues for season 2 then . It's even better and even sadder !!"
you were right we both sobbed

By *oxic1998Woman  over a year ago

Belfast

Binged watched it over the last couple of days......brilliant

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I agree, I started back at season 1 and I went straight into season 2 and I've loved every minute of it.

He really is fantastic. Now I've restarted Derek

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

He's someone I can't usually watch either but I may give it a try...

"I agree, I started back at season 1 and I went straight into season 2 and I've loved every minute of it.

He really is fantastic. Now I've restarted Derek"

you get such a mix of emotions watching it that it wears you out. Need to give Derek a go now

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Series one was bluntly funny .... series two is so full of pathos ........ fuck me .... even I cried.....

He's just like me really..... .

By episode three of series two, I was willing him to do it.

I thoroughly enjoyed both series! I love dark humour, had me in stitches and then sobbing my eyes out two seconds later. It's one of the best things I've seen in a while.

C enjoyed series 2, I found it less enjoyable than series 1.

Series 1 was a rollercoaster laugh out loud once minute, crying the next. I found series 2 kind of exaggerated all the characters to try and get more emotional impact out of the same story with the result that it lost its realism and became less relatable on many fronts. Subtlety was replaced with in your face.

Mr

The kids meal in the cafe series 1 was my favourite bit..classic

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

I think as a guy and a comedian he’s brilliant to some and a pain in the backside / full of himself to others. I have bounced between both opinions.

However after life is written to show a different aspect to a middle aged white guy that we normally see on TV. He has more depth, able to show respect, fun and love to his partner, doesn’t patronise her and recognises her strengths and knows how lucky he was to find her.

The scene when he’s filming her at the wedding got to me, he’s looking through the viewer at his love, she knows and her look tells him she’s aware she’s loved. More please I’m fed up of pretty people give me real people expressing real feelings on screen, I know they’re acting but it’s bloody good acting

"I think as a guy and a comedian he’s brilliant to some and a pain in the backside / full of himself to others. I have bounced between both opinions.

However after life is written to show a different aspect to a middle aged white guy that we normally see on TV. He has more depth, able to show respect, fun and love to his partner, doesn’t patronise her and recognises her strengths and knows how lucky he was to find her.

The scene when he’s filming her at the wedding got to me, he’s looking through the viewer at his love, she knows and her look tells him she’s aware she’s loved. More please I’m fed up of pretty people give me real people expressing real feelings on screen, I know they’re acting but it’s bloody good acting "

By *etite_delightWoman  over a year ago

BunnyLand

Apparently he is offered £5M by netflix for him to do series 3. Guess that settles how successful he is with Afterlife

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I find him to be the exact opposite of up his own arse.....

By *ickyRoosterMan  over a year ago

Uppendown

Fantastic TV. Love (most of) the characters. Great exchanges between 'Tony' and Daphne, Anne and Emma. How can a script brilliantly delivered have me belly laughing and crying within the same 30 seconds. Agreed OP. Emotionally draining. But well worth it.

I never watched the office. The previews put me off. So I wasn't going to watch the afterlife until the preview with Annette crosbie - glad I did.

» Add a new message to this topic