FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Useless or not?

Useless or not?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I like to give off the impression that I am a strong, independent single lady that doesn’t need a man!!

It is somewhat true until the car doesn’t start, I need a spider removed, there is a leaking tap or a fence needs putting up.

So ladies do you think you are completely independent in these stereotypical areas or are you like me completely useless? And men do you like that women need you at times for these or do you even find you need a woman for things that are stereotypically “Womens” jobs?

This is just for fun please don’t turn it into a war on the sexes or think that I’m against anyone!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Women who are part time grease monkeys, builders and kill creepy crawlers on sight are hot as

By *lowersandcarsCouple  over a year ago

Aylesbury

We’re firmly a pink job blue job kinda couple - works perfectly for us

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

There are certain things I'm not physically strong enough or tall enough to do and others I don't have the skills for. It's a rare person who can do everything themselves so I freely admit that I'm not independent

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I’m a strong independent woman

But I ring dad if the car doesn’t start or ring Jim next door if there’s a critter

By *llaboutthewifeCouple  over a year ago

Cardiff

I wouldn't trust myself with a drill, need mans muscle sometimes but ready to give most things a go.

Jo x

I’m not independent at all. I rely on my friends for loads, like they do for me. That’s the beauty of having friends! I need help with lots of stuff but I fix my own car myself where I can.

I have girl friends who help put up furniture and stuff with me but I have more girl friends than guy friends so it’s easier to ask them. Sometimes if I need to move something heavy it’d be handy to have a guy around though

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Everyone likes to think they are independent to some extent but I know men who have no idea how to change a tyre and women who can't cook and need their other half to do that.

It's not always stereotypical.

I'm happy when needed for the "heavy lifting" but the lines between what have traditionally been male and female roles are blurring and that can only be a good thing.

Depends what the problem is. Spiders I deal with myself, I'm pretty good with DIY and fixing stuff. Anything I really can't do, I call my brother.

"Women who are part time grease monkeys, builders and kill creepy crawlers on sight are hot as "

I killed a spider earlier with my bare foot

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

"Women who are part time grease monkeys, builders and kill creepy crawlers on sight are hot as

I killed a spider earlier with my bare foot "

Medal of valour action

By *inkyInkedBiWoman  over a year ago

I’ve had to get used to doing ‘blue jobs’ as my mates call it, I’ve put a new table together, I sort the bins, last week I sorted leaking gutter pipe in the garden and currently have wood sorted to fix garden bench.

I’m a strong ass woman because I have to be

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I defy most stereotypes. I have strengths, I have weaknesses. Some are culturally labelled "masculine", some "feminine". Idgaf.

No one's useless. Just different.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I do everything myself and have done for some years.

Tuesday I spend under the bath ( really ) with one arm outstretched trying to fix leaking plumbing. I did it but it took me a long time.

I am not strong enough to move the bath and re plumb it.

I'd have needed about three other women with me strength wise...... I wouldn't have needed men for any reason what so ever.

I'd have let them help if they wanted but anyone'll do.

There's definitely a need for others but no need for gender specificity.

( P.S. this is a post power tool response - only ever really needed men for brawn... )

By *etite_delightWoman  over a year ago

BunnyLand

[Removed by poster at 10/05/20 15:29:41]

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I don't do mains electrics.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

it balances out , we need women to look in the same cupboard / drawer as we just did and see the keys, screwdriver etc...

There is something hot about a woman who can take a motorbike to bits and rebuild it though or weld things... Ooft

By *rMrsBrightsideCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle

I think because I've never had to do a lot of these jobs myself I have never learnt how to but i like to think I could if it was necessary. I'm not one to ask for outside help. There's a tutorial for everything on YouTube these days!

I'm fine with spider removal though

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

I have been known to refuse the offer of help to change a tyre at the roadside from a man, and I'm perfectly capable of servicing my own car.

Having renovated two houses I think I've got the DIY bit under control too.

And although I'm perfectly capable of getting rid of creepy crawlies, it does make me shudder, so any assistance is appreciated.

Manchester (she/her)

"I think because I've never had to do a lot of these jobs myself I have never learnt how to but i like to think I could if it was necessary. I'm not one to ask for outside help. There's a tutorial for everything on YouTube these days!

I'm fine with spider removal though "

Yes. If you don't know, you ask someone, Google it, give it a go.

By *ottielayWoman  over a year ago

by the bay

I like spiders so don’t kill them

All the other stuff I’ll pay for a professional and they’re usually men to be fair

Never had a female mechanic or plumber

Manchester (she/her)

Spiders amuse me for the most part. I have a healthy respect for the deadly ones, but I catch and release them too.

By *rPeachyMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Can't stand those hairy bastard spiders that turn up in the house, I'd gladly let any woman remove it on my behalf

By *educedWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

I can turn my hands to most things except packing away my pop up tent.

Local garage if car won’t start . I don’t mind spiders . I’d fix my own fence if I had one

When I first became single again I did short courses at college on home maintenence, basic car maintenence and horticulture... Set me up reasonably well.

By *lirtyfun!!Woman  over a year ago

Epsom

I'd say I'm fairly independent and I tend to avoid asking for help. In the last week I've built multiple items of flat pack furniture (including some which claimed to be two person jobs...) and secured a net of lights to the wall. I now have a super pretty, very girly bedroom

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

Prefer a woman that’s independent to be honest, however we all have certain jobs that we can’t get our heads around. It’s the only thing I really miss about not being in a relationship currently, to turn around to a partner and say ‘make it work !!!.’

I actually enjoy being able to change a tyre or work a washing machine, cook a decent meal and change a nappy. All of the above I don’t think my Father could.

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

I am fortunate the the women in my circle of friends seem to be able to cope quite well,

Being retired and owning an estate car solicits panic phone calls such as "I am at Ikea and have bought this chair and it won't go in my car" can you help.

Another popular call is "Can you take my old washing machine/Fridge/freezer to the tip" And then the usual call " Can you take my friend I to the Airport"

Life is never boring.

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I can do pretty much do all diy, but I enjoy his company and he likes fixing stuff for me, any excuse to pop over

By *irewolffMan  over a year ago

Dublin

Totally capable. I am good at DIY, hung heavy trellis in garden on my own, did the whole garden on my own, hung stuff around the house on my own. Painted the house. Owned my own tools, the shed was my domain.

Sure its nice to have MrD around to do the really serious DIY shit like plumb an electric shower. But I do remind him, I was very capable before I met him.

I can cook very well, won a baking comp in work years ago too, I wear sexy lingerie and have beat breast cancer. I kick ass...in general!!!

MsD

Like it that a woman finds me useful, and missing a woman doing my ironing,wearing wrinkled clothes now is ok but will need a little lady to do my ironing after lockdown

By *ewrocksWoman  over a year ago

button moon

I learnt basic car maintenance long before I could drive. Dont remove spiders as not scared of them, put my own fence up and new tap cos thw old one dripping was driving me mental. Only adult in the house so I do it, or I have to pay someone else.

Creatures don’t bother me. I’ll pick spiders up with my bare hands. I’ve never lived with a man so I’ve always put together my own furniture. Can do some things car related but very basic, probably just air in the tyres and putting water or oil in myself.

By *rMrsBrightsideCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle

"I can turn my hands to most things except packing away my pop up tent.

"

I have to do this job as hubby can't! They are a nightmare though to get back in the bag x

By *elle xWoman  over a year ago

Doire Theas

I’m a strong independent woman I don’t like to told I can’t do something . Sometimes the internet can be your best friend for learning how to do something still don’t like spiders but Iv learned not to squeal when I see one

By *orraine999Woman  over a year ago

Somewhere

Since my divorce ten years ago I’ve had to do quite a few things I’ve never done before. Replacing a kitchen faucet, a new hot water heater, replace privacy fence after the last hurricane and change the oil in my car. I did what I had to do and learned quite a lot along the way.

I like that I’m required for stuff at home and for my mum and even my wife’s friends.

I like having my back scratched and only a woman can make a bed so it’s so cosy and neat.

I don’t think either sex relies on the other for any one thing and both could manage without but it’s those certain things we do for each other that can be so lovely when somebody does it because they love you.

By *rPeachyMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"I’m a strong independent woman I don’t like to told I can’t do something . Sometimes the internet can be your best friend for learning how to do something still don’t like spiders but Iv learned not to squeal when I see one "

Anything to do with cars or DIY there's always some lad has put a video on YouTube how to do it. Never failed me yet!

By *.L.0460.Woman  over a year ago

Bognor Regis

I'll have a go at most things..gonna have to learn to do alot more for myself from now on, having just split from my husband of 20yrs!!

Only thing I need a man to grab, lift, hold & fill is me. Anything else I can do myself

Oh my goodness sorry I disappeared I was “helping” the mechanic!!!

Some very interesting responses xx

"I like that I’m required for stuff at home and for my mum and even my wife’s friends.

I like having my back scratched and only a woman can make a bed so it’s so cosy and neat.

I don’t think either sex relies on the other for any one thing and both could manage without but it’s those certain things we do for each other that can be so lovely when somebody does it because they love you."

Love this

"We’re firmly a pink job blue job kinda couple - works perfectly for us "

Also love the terms pink and blue jobs. But I think many jobs have become purple now!!

I'm totally self sufficient in everything domestic except sex. Although I have been told to go and fuck myself on many occasions..

I can't do everything and don't pretend I can but I don't think one man can do it all either. I am independent, raised to be like that and not wait or depend on a man to be happy.

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm totally self sufficient in everything domestic except sex. Although I have been told to go and fuck myself on many occasions.."

*fist bump*

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

I grew up on a farm so pretty much did anything a boy would have done. Sometimes I'm not physically strong enough to lift something, and I will sulk if I have to ask for help.

I'm very much I'll give anything a go, so will pull apart machinery to fix it. Think a lot of it comes down to confidence

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

I cant think of anything I cannot do

I would like a lady as a soul mate companion to share amazing stuff with

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Definitely an independent one, left home at 17 and just got on with it.

Even when in a relationship I did the blue jobs, fixing, building, sorting spiders, fixing the lads toys / bikes, built the furniture, paying the bills, plus the cooking. They did the washing up and ironing

I will try most things, but will not mess with gas or electrical fittings, except plugs.

If I get stuck on anything I refer to the manual or troubleshoot with the aid of books or the web or will phone a male friend for an opinion.

I might not always have the brute strength to complete something, but I will give it a go and normally find the strength from somewhere or a work around, no matter the amount of bruised body parts I accumulate

I'm a single mum of a 17 yr old, I have no man around and do not tend to call on any for help. I catch spiders in my hand and put them out, I fix things and mow my own lawn. I work 4 days a week and do everything as my teen is a lazy mare. I would find it hard having a man around full time to be honest.

By *r MoriartyMan  over a year ago

The Land that time forgot (Norfolk)

I like my women like I like my waffles

"I like my women like I like my waffles"

Bird’s eye potato

"I would find it hard having a man around full time to be honest.

"

That made me chuckle.

"I like to give off the impression that I am a strong, independent single lady that doesn’t need a man!!

It is somewhat true until the car doesn’t start, I need a spider removed, there is a leaking tap or a fence needs putting up.

So ladies do you think you are completely independent in these stereotypical areas or are you like me completely useless? And men do you like that women need you at times for these or do you even find you need a woman for things that are stereotypically “Womens” jobs?

This is just for fun please don’t turn it into a war on the sexes or think that I’m against anyone!! "

I think I its good that a woman needs a man fir certain things like that. Just as men need a woman for certain tasks too.

I don't do any form of DIY, I get crazy hayfever so don't even cut the grass. I did help around the house a lot though. Washing, hoovering etc.

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

I like to think I am independent, but I do need and want Mr to help me with quite a few things.

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

I’m not going to lie, I prefer a man to do these things and for me to watch

"I like my women like I like my waffles

Bird’s eye potato"

I was thinking sweet and holey

Bird’s eye potato

I was thinking sweet and holey"

Our tastes are aligned my friend

Bird’s eye potato

I was thinking sweet and holey"

I was thinking hot and delicious.

Bird’s eye potato

I was thinking hot and delicious. "

I think you know your waffles

Bird’s eye potato

I was thinking hot and delicious.

I think you know your waffles"

I dont like them to give me too much to chew.

Han here-twice as useless with most things unlike Chewie, she’s awesome

I'm rubbish at DIY, when I got my first flat, I bought a drill, thinking, 'yes, I can do it'.. Nah, just ended up with little holes everywhere.

I do all the gardening, which I love, but I'd say my strengths certainly lie in the kitchen.

I don't have no problem in asking for help if I need it, but most of the time, I just give it a go and hope for the best.

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I’m very independent and totally self sufficient. YouTube videos are ace!

Over the last few weeks I’ve painted, wall papered, put a fence up, mended a towel rail, changed the smoke alarm battery, organised a street party, made the bunting and strung it up.... I’ll have a go at most things

The AA look after my car!

» Add a new message to this topic