FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Gardening

Gardening

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uicy jones OP   Man  over a year ago

near a big hill in s/ shropshire NOT in

Who's become a garden expert during the lockdown?, I wouldn't say I'm an expert but I think I've got one of the best gardens in the village at the moment, 4 1/2 hours in the garden today cutting the grass etc and doing a few little jobs ,,

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

It’s like Titmarsh has been round mine now

"It’s like Titmarsh has been round mine now "
hahaha yes same here , would of preferred it if been kim Wilde

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

"It’s like Titmarsh has been round mine now hahaha yes same here , would of preferred it if been kim Wilde "

What was the other one called with the red hair? Charlie something

"It’s like Titmarsh has been round mine now hahaha yes same here , would of preferred it if been kim Wilde

What was the other one called with the red hair? Charlie something "

dimmock , and she never wore bras lol

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You know you’re becoming an expert when you say I’ve mowed the lawn instead of cutting the grass

"You know you’re becoming an expert when you say I’ve mowed the lawn instead of cutting the grass "
just going to put mowing the lawn , but thought it sounded a bit too posh

By *r MoriartyMan  over a year ago

The Land that time forgot (Norfolk)

My hydrangeas are looking rather splendid this year.

"My hydrangeas are looking rather splendid this year."
is that a metaphor? , or are they actually looking splendid lol

"My hydrangeas are looking rather splendid this year. is that a metaphor? , or are they actually looking splendid lol "

Jamie’s fun fact:

If you put a penny in the soil on one side, the petals will turn blue from the alkali, and in the other will still be pink

"My hydrangeas are looking rather splendid this year. is that a metaphor? , or are they actually looking splendid lol

Jamie’s fun fact:

If you put a penny in the soil on one side, the petals will turn blue from the alkali, and in the other will still be pink

"

just get myself some hydrangeas when I'm able to and I will try that Thank you

By *r MoriartyMan  over a year ago

The Land that time forgot (Norfolk)

"My hydrangeas are looking rather splendid this year. is that a metaphor? , or are they actually looking splendid lol

Jamie’s fun fact:

"

No way am I handling cash at the minute, I might be dead before I get to see them go blue.

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

"It’s like Titmarsh has been round mine now hahaha yes same here , would of preferred it if been kim Wilde

What was the other one called with the red hair? Charlie something dimmock , and she never wore bras lol "

Her parents died in the Tsunami, very sad

By *oss and SuzieCouple  over a year ago

Porthmadog

One good thing about the current lockdown, instead of being in Spain we're seeing the amazing display of rhodedendrons and azaleas in our garden. We're slowly recovering a show garden planted by a mate of the head gardener of Bodnant in the 50s.

Far from an expect but it's looking better than it's looked in years. Still more to do but will wait until the autumn when I can get someone to give me a hand x

By *hortarseWoman  over a year ago

Norfolk

"Who's become a garden expert during the lockdown?, I wouldn't say I'm an expert but I think I've got one of the best gardens in the village at the moment, 4 1/2 hours in the garden today cutting the grass etc and doing a few little jobs ,, "

You can come do my garden. It might get a bit wet

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

Our garden is crap. Just don't have the time to tend to it. One day when we retire we will have a lovely garden that we can enjoy.

Gardening is so therapeutic, I've a wildlife pond so ive managed to tidy it up abit and even mowed my lawn yesterday then sat watching all the baby house sparrows come down to feed

By *tephanjMan  over a year ago

Kettering

I have tried growing stuff but only thing that's worked is some radishes

My lady garden always looks amazing....

(But so too are my little seedlings...ready to plant out next week)

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

T is already a garden expert & has a nursery business. I can kill a plant just by looking at it

J x

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Not an expert but loving being out in my garden. It's south facing so gets the sun all day. Mow the grass, fill the bird feeders and water plants. Then on sun lounger for a cool drink and a good book.

Not an expert by any means but I was proud to be dominated for the RHS school gardener of the year award a few years back. I'm loving having the time and weather to work on my garden. I've lots or fruit and a bit of veg growing. I've also made some planters from some reclaimed decking. Very happy with it all.

By *urves and KinksCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

Curves here.....

Gardening is definitely saving my sanity at the moment. Just taken on an allotment so lots of mini-projects to keep busy. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who's struggling with being stuck at home at the moment

My garden is looking lovely I am very impressed by it. Needs a bit more colour though, it is very green.

"Who's become a garden expert during the lockdown?, I wouldn't say I'm an expert but I think I've got one of the best gardens in the village at the moment, 4 1/2 hours in the garden today cutting the grass etc and doing a few little jobs ,,

You can come do my garden. It might get a bit wet "

now which garden are we talking about ?

"Gardening is so therapeutic, I've a wildlife pond so ive managed to tidy it up abit and even mowed my lawn yesterday then sat watching all the baby house sparrows come down to feed "
that happened to my after I mowed it also

"My lady garden always looks amazing....

(But so too are my little seedlings...ready to plant out next week)"

ohhhhhhhhh rrrrrrrr misses

By *hortarseWoman  over a year ago

Norfolk

"Who's become a garden expert during the lockdown?, I wouldn't say I'm an expert but I think I've got one of the best gardens in the village at the moment, 4 1/2 hours in the garden today cutting the grass etc and doing a few little jobs ,,

You can come do my garden. It might get a bit wet now which garden are we talking about ? "

The back garden

"I have tried growing stuff but only thing that's worked is some radishes "
lol want to get some colour in mine

You can come do my garden. It might get a bit wet now which garden are we talking about ?

The back garden "

Will that get your other garden wet

"T is already a garden expert & has a nursery business. I can kill a plant just by looking at it

J x"

I was the same lol

"Not an expert but loving being out in my garden. It's south facing so gets the sun all day. Mow the grass, fill the bird feeders and water plants. Then on sun lounger for a cool drink and a good book."
that's the best way apart from today

"Not an expert by any means but I was proud to be dominated for the RHS school gardener of the year award a few years back. I'm loving having the time and weather to work on my garden. I've lots or fruit and a bit of veg growing. I've also made some planters from some reclaimed decking. Very happy with it all."
well done you you definitely up there though and not been spelling police but I'm guessing you meant nominated lol

"Curves here.....

Gardening is definitely saving my sanity at the moment. Just taken on an allotment so lots of mini-projects to keep busy. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who's struggling with being stuck at home at the moment "

very true curves , you can loose yourself in the garden for hours

"My garden is looking lovely I am very impressed by it. Needs a bit more colour though, it is very green. "
bit like mine , for all the planters ready to today , just need some flowers to go in them

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

My garden is looking the best it has ever done in 8 years of living here! My peonies are opening up and I have 5 aliums that are going to look amazing if they survive my son's football that is.

I should get 100's of strawberries in a few month's

"My garden is looking the best it has ever done in 8 years of living here! My peonies are opening up and I have 5 aliums that are going to look amazing if they survive my son's football that is.

I should get 100's of strawberries in a few month's "

you lost me at peonies lol

Coventry

"My garden is looking the best it has ever done in 8 years of living here! My peonies are opening up and I have 5 aliums that are going to look amazing if they survive my son's football that is.

I should get 100's of strawberries in a few month's "

Allium's are so beautiful, I'm jealous!! I have mini allium's, AKA chive flowers How's your veg patch doing? X

Coventry

"Curves here.....

Gardening is definitely saving my sanity at the moment. Just taken on an allotment so lots of mini-projects to keep busy. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who's struggling with being stuck at home at the moment very true curves , you can loose yourself in the garden for hours "

I definitely do that lol. Remember being a kid, and only coming home when it gets dark? Yeah, that's how plotlife is!!

"Curves here.....

Gardening is definitely saving my sanity at the moment. Just taken on an allotment so lots of mini-projects to keep busy. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who's struggling with being stuck at home at the moment very true curves , you can loose yourself in the garden for hours

I definitely do that lol. Remember being a kid, and only coming home when it gets dark? Yeah, that's how plotlife is!! "

gosh yes , the good old days ,,, down the park with your mates , now I want to be 11 again lol

Coventry

"Curves here.....

Gardening is definitely saving my sanity at the moment. Just taken on an allotment so lots of mini-projects to keep busy. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who's struggling with being stuck at home at the moment very true curves , you can loose yourself in the garden for hours

I definitely do that lol. Remember being a kid, and only coming home when it gets dark? Yeah, that's how plotlife is!! gosh yes , the good old days ,,, down the park with your mates , now I want to be 11 again lol "

Riding your BMX with a wham bar in your back pocket

By *emma HoldenTV/TS  over a year ago

Ramsey

I've spent most of the weekend in the garden, doing the pots with new plants & it's looking quite good, considering I don't really know what I'm doing. Cut the grass today & strimmed. I don't have a lawn. It's a random collection of green plants the masquerades as grass. Enjoyed myself lots, happier inside, got some sun & the chaffinches in next doors roof have had babies cos you can hear them when Mum & Dad come home with food. It's been OK.

"Curves here.....

I definitely do that lol. Remember being a kid, and only coming home when it gets dark? Yeah, that's how plotlife is!! gosh yes , the good old days ,,, down the park with your mates , now I want to be 11 again lol

Riding your BMX with a wham bar in your back pocket "

hell do you know me ? I had a super tuff burner bmx , blue frame and yellow plastic 5 spoke wheels

By *icklowhornMan  over a year ago

Dublin Wicklow

4 1/2 hours !

Try 2 months at it. I’m now a professional landscaper/ tree surgeon/ painter / Cctv installation expert as well a teacher/ college lecturer

Good man lockdown has had its uses

I’m now a professional Piss head

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Allium's are so beautiful, I'm jealous!! I have mini allium's, AKA chive flowers How's your veg patch doing? X"

Really well. I am saving coffee grounds and egg shells to keep slugs away, trying to be more friendly x

Big tub of salt

"Not an expert by any means but I was proud to be dominated for the RHS school gardener of the year award a few years back. I'm loving having the time and weather to work on my garden. I've lots or fruit and a bit of veg growing. I've also made some planters from some reclaimed decking. Very happy with it all. well done you you definitely up there though and not been spelling police but I'm guessing you meant nominated lol "

Now why would it autocorrect nominated to dominated hmmm?

Coventry

Allium's are so beautiful, I'm jealous!! I have mini allium's, AKA chive flowers How's your veg patch doing? X

Really well. I am saving coffee grounds and egg shells to keep slugs away, trying to be more friendly x"

I'm re-cycling bramble branch lengths and laying them like little fences around my delicate stuff, seems to be helping so far

By *heLaserGuyMan  over a year ago

Coventry

Really well. I am saving coffee grounds and egg shells to keep slugs away, trying to be more friendly x

I'm re-cycling bramble branch lengths and laying them like little fences around my delicate stuff, seems to be helping so far "

Where abouts are your plots? I've two on coundon green allotments

The same as many on here, I've found the time to get on top of my own instead of other people's gardens for a change. Front and back looking the best it has for years

By *eralt80Man  over a year ago

cork

Hello all, I don’t have an allotment but have a few raised beds in the garden. Mainly fruit this year with strawberries, blackcurrants, gooseberrries, apples and a few more. Peas, carrots and beetroots just starting to sprout.

By *essie.Woman  over a year ago

Serendipity

My potato plants are looking great. Planted shallots and a couple of gooseberry bushes. Got loads of tiny geranium plants that I’ve potted on. I’ve got carried away with pruning everything. It’s looking the best it has in ages.

By *oss and SuzieCouple  over a year ago

Porthmadog

Going to trim the bush in the front garden and tidy up round the back today.

By *abat40xWoman  over a year ago

North Lincolnshire

Someone come do my garden please

» Add a new message to this topic