FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Free banking

Free banking

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *G Lana OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Gosport

The next chief bank regulator thinks that we should all pay for our banking in the belief that this will ease the charges for those going overdrawn.

Does anyone believe this or do you think, as I do, that the banks would just use this as an excuse to make far greater profits from retail banking.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

The banks are robbing me blind on my savings interest ... why shouldn't they rob me blind for running an in-credit bank account that I *have* to have?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don't think banking has ever been free. Savers have always had lower interest rates than what they should have been. The bankers telling us now that that they will have to charge us is a joke. Nothing but greed.

By *uckscouple2007Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

might be senile but seem to recall many high stree banks back in the 80's or early 90's flirting with charges (e.g. £10 a month fee) but soon stopped when some broke ranks pm had to prevent account holders switching banks in droves

By *uckscouple2007Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

"might be senile but seem to recall many high stree banks back in the 80's or early 90's flirting with charges (e.g. £10 a month fee) but soon stopped when some broke ranks pm had to prevent account holders switching banks in droves "

^so

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Free personal banking is largely an illusion....you will pay for it one way or another in the long run.

We get nothing in this country for free, there's always a pocket being lined in a 6 degrees of separation kinda way.

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

i dont know

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

"We get nothing in this country for free, there's always a pocket being lined in a 6 degrees of separation kinda way. "

Stuff that, one seperation and alimony is enough thank you.

"The banks are robbing me blind on my savings interest ... why shouldn't they rob me blind for running an in-credit bank account that I *have* to have?"

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

[Removed by poster at 26/05/12 20:55:03]

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

All the more reason for credit unions, etc, that aren't run for profit - as long as they don't also levy similar charges.

Nationwide Building Society used to be great - paying interest on your current account credit balance, as well as letting you use your card abroad for free. Eventually even they got greedy, and whilst non-profit, they're almost identical to the other leeches.

As it stands, if the Regulator sees something wrong with the overdraft charges, then they should directly address that, rather than impose a universal charging system for everyone else, inc those who may never actually go overdrawn.

We have too many 'regulators' who just seem to work in the interest of the few, such as the Gas, Telecoms, Electricity lot, who've helped prop up obscene profits.

I hope that if there remains free banking with select organisations, that everyone moves to them, and ceases business with the rest.

» Add a new message to this topic