FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Online relationship

Online relationship

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ogue78 OP   Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

So a long long time ago there were penpals, then came the birth of the internet and penpals pretty much ceased to exist, so I ask you Fabbers..

Online relationships..

Can such a thing exist?

Maybe you're currently in one?

Is it possible to maintain one?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have had a twitter penpal for about 3 yrs. Sometimes it is just a 'good morning', other times we write more or exchange pictures. Perfectly possible.

I (her) have made friends on here that are just that 'friends', we have kept in touch regularly for over 5 years.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

its possible for many people but not me. I like to meet in person at least once

By *ornyhappyCouple  over a year ago

perth

I've a group of friends I 'met' about 15 yrs ago on a weight watchers forum, they live all over the UK. We have only met face to face a few times, but we chat online all the time, & I count them amongst my closest friends.

K

"its possible for many people but not me. I like to meet in person at least once"

I believe you do relate to someone you met differently.. There is always that memory to go back to. Saying that I am online friends with some ladies I chatted on pregnancy forum a decade ago. And we never met. It's not close friendships but we do look out for each other.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"its possible for many people but not me. I like to meet in person at least once

I believe you do relate to someone you met differently.. There is always that memory to go back to. Saying that I am online friends with some ladies I chatted on pregnancy forum a decade ago. And we never met. It's not close friendships but we do look out for each other. "

Its easier to read someone face to face and I'm always aware that on line people can be very different. I know that lots of people have on line friends though

I have a great relationship with my phone and PC. It satisfies all my needs. Cannot be happier!

"its possible for many people but not me. I like to meet in person at least once

I believe you do relate to someone you met differently.. There is always that memory to go back to. Saying that I am online friends with some ladies I chatted on pregnancy forum a decade ago. And we never met. It's not close friendships but we do look out for each other.

Its easier to read someone face to face and I'm always aware that on line people can be very different. I know that lots of people have on line friends though "

The motivations for the friendship can be important yes. If its just a shared love of something just to chat about then its easier to accept on online thing as is there is no reason to be a different person or lie as its a never going to meet thing, if that makes sense.

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

I chat to a a guy from here pretty often. He isn't in the country so will probably never meet him. But I do like to catch up with him.

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I think it's perfectly possible but the exact dynamic may dictate whether it can be sustained or not - I have many friends I have met on-line, both from here and other, music related, forums and some of those people mean as much to me as my "real life" friends.

Whether a sex based relationship could be maintained without actually meeting I'm not so sure - there would come a time when the physical need to consummate it would be strong I would have thought

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Its easier to read someone face to face and I'm always aware that on line people can be very different. I know that lots of people have on line friends though

The motivations for the friendship can be important yes. If its just a shared love of something just to chat about then its easier to accept on online thing as is there is no reason to be a different person or lie as its a never going to meet thing, if that makes sense. "

Yes, it makes absolute sense. I've been a member of a few forums in my time and got to know several people's on line persona very well. I did meet one of them in real life and she was quite similar but too often it was revealed that the others were not all they seemed. I'm extremely wary now

By *ogue78 OP   Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Was just curious on people's interaction.

I personally have a "friend" I speak with in another country and we speak at least 4 times a week. We may meet one day soon...

» Add a new message to this topic