FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Most unreasonable thing your employer asked you to do

Most unreasonable thing your employer asked you to do

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Okay, I’ll start.

I miscarried on my wedding day. I was working in a private nursery. Before I got married, I was moved out the baby room with no warning or notice. Manager wouldn’t move me back in, said there was no way I’d ever go back in that room.

I needed surgery for my miscarriage. My manager put me on the rota to work the next day. Fuck that.

Oh, and she put me in the rota to work in the baby room. I questioned it, and she said that it’s clearly what I wanted. Erm nope.

She was genuinely shocked when I didn’t go back the next day. Or the week after. Or ever.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

My friend was forced a six hour shift, she found out her dad had killed himself during the shift and they wouldn’t let her leave as ‘what are you going to do, undead him?’

She left

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

That is bloody shocking and I can't compare with it.

Though my former boss gave me a massive bashing for not completing my work. I was hospitalised with a bleed when carrying my eldest.

She actually blocked me on Facebook while I was still on sick leave, and told staff about how I was seeing a therapist, told parents I had miscarried etc.

I’m wondering why on Earth I never fucking went to SSSC about her, Jesus Christ

"That is bloody shocking and I can't compare with it.

Though my former boss gave me a massive bashing for not completing my work. I was hospitalised with a bleed when carrying my eldest. "

Jesus Christ

By *ovestrapMan  over a year ago

London

It amazes me how stupid employers pretend to be.

I though we got past "them and us" years ago. But some people go power hungry when put in the managers position. How very said that people you spend so much time with don't take steps to help you.

A lot of pretend caring going on..

Some people play the plausible deniablity. Or they age really that stupid.

La la land

"She actually blocked me on Facebook while I was still on sick leave, and told staff about how I was seeing a therapist, told parents I had miscarried etc.

I’m wondering why on Earth I never fucking went to SSSC about her, Jesus Christ "

What an absolute cow

London

"She actually blocked me on Facebook while I was still on sick leave, and told staff about how I was seeing a therapist, told parents I had miscarried etc.

I’m wondering why on Earth I never fucking went to SSSC about her, Jesus Christ "

I hope you reported her for sharing your personal details even if they were false. And then reported her to HR for acting like a child.

I hope you reported her for sharing your personal details even if they were false. And then reported her to HR for acting like a child. "

I stupidly didn’t, I was majorly depressed so was just glad to know I was never going back

London

"My friend was forced a six hour shift, she found out her dad had killed himself during the shift and they wouldn’t let her leave as ‘what are you going to do, undead him?’

She left"

Cunts like these have know sympathy for others. But waite till they go through something and all of a sudden they know all the rules and laws of employmet.

It's called selective memory.

Cunt yes they are cunts.

They should be. Taken to court..

London

I hope you reported her for sharing your personal details even if they were false. And then reported her to HR for acting like a child.

I stupidly didn’t, I was majorly depressed so was just glad to know I was never going back"

That's a shame. Hope you got through it OK..

You can still make a complaint. Teach them a lesson.

Now days you have social media.. Name and shame them I say..

Wish I had done that. When I went through my tribunal.

La la land

I stupidly didn’t, I was majorly depressed so was just glad to know I was never going back"

It's not stupid, you just had bigger things to deal with at that moment in time. And I think they know it and take advantage

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I stupidly didn’t, I was majorly depressed so was just glad to know I was never going back

It's not stupid, you just had bigger things to deal with at that moment in time. And I think they know it and take advantage"

London

It's not stupid, you just had bigger things to deal with at that moment in time. And I think they know it and take advantage"

Yeah spot on here. Taking advantage of your loyal workforce. Is the way to go. What a bunch of plonkers.

"My friend was forced a six hour shift, she found out her dad had killed himself during the shift and they wouldn’t let her leave as ‘what are you going to do, undead him?’

She left"

They are lucky she didnt Dead them

To turn up for work

By *ob Carpe DiemMan  over a year ago

Torquay

Retired they can't touch me

Exchange my time for money while making him rich, it took me 25 years to work out I was on the wrong end of that deal

That's terrible behaviour from her. Unbelievable.

You shouldn't have left and taught her a lesson.

Hopefully she wont repeat it.

That's absolutely disgusting but sadly it doesn't surprise me.

When I was pregnant my little one wasn't doing very well and wasn't growing properly and I was still working. I was meant to be on light duties already but they didn't care. When I told my manager and supervisor about her not growing and that I was vulnerable I was put onto the heaviest stock section with no help. I went on maternity leave a few days later.

"Okay, I’ll start.

I miscarried on my wedding day. I was working in a private nursery. Before I got married, I was moved out the baby room with no warning or notice. Manager wouldn’t move me back in, said there was no way I’d ever go back in that room.

I needed surgery for my miscarriage. My manager put me on the rota to work the next day. Fuck that.

Oh, and she put me in the rota to work in the baby room. I questioned it, and she said that it’s clearly what I wanted. Erm nope.

She was genuinely shocked when I didn’t go back the next day. Or the week after. Or ever. "

All depends where you work I guess!

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

That's bloody awful!

Doesn't quite compare but I had a job that made me carry on working with a kidney infection, made me lift heavy boxes all day when I told them I couldn't after a procedure on my cervix but there wasn't anyone else to help me and my boss in that job made a point of telling me she technically didn't have to give me a day off for my grandad's funeral but the policy said she could use her discretion. She let me have it off but I thought it was a bit of a dick move to make a point of saying she could have denied me the day off like I was supposed to be grateful. She also made me take time owing to attend a hospital appointment.

"Okay, I’ll start.

She was genuinely shocked when I didn’t go back the next day. Or the week after. Or ever. "

Well it’s depends on where you work!!

I got ran off the road in a postie van once. Wrote the van off and burst my head open. While sat there waiting on an ambulance, I rang my boss and the first thing he asked me was if I finished my delivery or if he'd need to send anyone out to finish it for me!

» Add a new message to this topic