FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Anyone here know anything about....

Anyone here know anything about....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Washing machines?

Mines playing up and just wanted some advice on wether its worth getting a guy out to fix it or bin it and get a new one

Must be some washer fixing people on a site this big

just to clarify im not asking for anyone to come and fix it just a bit of advice

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

depends how old it is and whats wrong with it.

yeah i agree with rachel , a lot of the time its the control circuit board which is faulty and as these are quite expensive its often better to buy a new machine . Hope this helps

its about 3 year old so i think its clocking on a bit now as my washers dont usually last that long lol

Its a washer dryer

The dryer dont cool down any more tho it still drys when its finished the clothes are still steaming as the cool down cycle seams to have bust and it washes everything on boil wash

so wether you wash or wash and dry everything comes out steaming hot

best get a new one im afraid , the call out charge is about£ 50 ans if nothing gets done thats money wasted !

check to see if its got a hot and cold hose or just a cold one. if its got a hot and cold make sure the cold one is running,can you hear water running into the powder draw at the start of the wash if not it could be a valve easy fix. sometimes modern machines will not complete the cycles or will skip parts of a cycle if the tempertures are wrong, failing that if its the control board itll probally be a new machine.

it has got hot and cold, both are on, it was working fine a couple of days ago then i just noticed every time i opened the door a cloud of steam came out, well hard to miss really nearly got 3rd degree burns from it lol

you can hear it filling i couldnt say if it just hot or both but both the taps are on and it sounds the same, dont sound like its filling with any less force than it was

Im guessing you have already took the manual out and went through the trouble shooting procedures.

As everyone says its that expensve to call someone out and repair costs are that ridicilous.

It can be cheaper buying a new machine altogether.

"it has got hot and cold, both are on, it was working fine a couple of days ago then i just noticed every time i opened the door a cloud of steam came out, well hard to miss really nearly got 3rd degree burns from it lol

you can hear it filling i couldnt say if it just hot or both but both the taps are on and it sounds the same, dont sound like its filling with any less force than it was"

I'd phone the manufacturers and let them know anyway, whether you are repairing or not. Sounds a serious fail if the clothes and water are so hot.

might not be pumping out completely, hard to say really. there should be a cap on the front to drain the pump and check for blockages, normally behind a plastic panel. put towels on the floor before removing it and make sure machine is cold.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"its about 3 year old so i think its clocking on a bit now as my washers dont usually last that long lol

Its a washer dryer

The dryer dont cool down any more tho it still drys when its finished the clothes are still steaming as the cool down cycle seams to have bust and it washes everything on boil wash

so wether you wash or wash and dry everything comes out steaming hot "

3 years? I have had 3 washing machines in 27 years !

That won't help your problem though sorry, but if the temp is too hot, then I am shooting for the thermostat.

» Add a new message to this topic