FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > I want to speak to the manager

I want to speak to the manager

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Have you ever said this? Did it get you what you wanted?

Has it been said to you? Did you get your manager? Did you manager defend you?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *etite_delightWoman  over a year ago

BunnyLand

"Have you ever said this? Did it get you what you wanted?

Has it been said to you? Did you get your manager? Did you manager defend you?"

No

Sometimes

Yes

No

Yes

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Literally the worst kind of people.

Often seen frequenting the local Wetherspoons trying anything to get their meal for free or a free

drink.

You mean Karen’s ?

"Literally the worst kind of people.

Often seen frequenting the local Wetherspoons trying anything to get their meal for free or a free

drink.

"

Or appearing on local news websites showing their best ‘compo face’..

By *abonWoman  over a year ago

L’boro/Ashby & Cheltenham

I said it to Renault when their mechanic told me it would be fine if the water in my radiator looked like chicken korma and then my engine blew up on the Severn Bridge. Got a new engine.

By *dinMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

Am a stroppy bugger when I ask to speak to the manager so always get my own way lol

By *essie.Woman  over a year ago

Serendipity

Yes fairly often. In New York I got 75% off all our meals. It’s good to do on the phone too.

"Am a stroppy bugger when I ask to speak to the manager so always get my own way lol"

That's nothing to be proud of, it puts the person you're stropping at in an awkward position and makes them feel uncomfortable.

If that was a m_mber of your family, would you pat someone on the back for speaking to them all stroppy or would you want to knock them the fuck out for speaking to a m_mber of your family like shit?

Think about that next time eh?

P

Yes

Usually

Yes

Sometimes (sometimes I was the manager)

Yes

I've had it demanded of me a fair bit. I walk away and tell them I'll come back when they ask properly and stop talking to me like something they've just trodden in.

I've also had it asked of me many times, of course when I'm asked politely I'll get it sorted asap. Loads of times it's been people telling my manager I'm the dogs bollocks and they should be proud to have me.

P

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

Yes i complained in Asda. As a nightshift worker i complained that there were only 2 self scan tills opened at 7.30am and the queues were huge. I was overcharged and stood at the customer service desk only to be told it opened at 8. I asked to see the manager and said as a 24hr shop i would expect all customers to be treated the same at any time and offered the same services. He gave me 2 x 50p off smiley face stickers.

Yes. If there’s a need to I do. I don’t get stroppy though. That will get you nowhere. I won’t accept something if it’s not what I paid for or if it’s cold etc.

"You mean Karen’s ?"

Yes! " I don't work here lady." I'm guessing that's the type of thread you're referring to. Unless the term Karen was around before those started.

By *oneyBear100Couple  over a year ago

Gatwick area

I've spoke to the manager in restaurants on a number of occasions. Sometimes to compliment a m_mber of staff for being amazing and going the extra mile. Also if something wasn't good enough quality/service but then try and avoid making it about an individual. You never know what's inside the head of a waiter/waitress and if they are just having a shit day so why try and make it more miserable?

Yes, only use it as a last resort if I sense the person is simply waffling or they are incompetent.

It works almost all the time, although sometimes you may have to go beyond the first manager.

Hasn't happened to me. I dont think its an issue if you dealt with the customer with some common courtesy. Emotional intelligence is the key here.

I have never requested a manager, it seems a bit obnoxious to me, sort of thing that happens in films

Asked to speak to the manager of a curry house that significantly overcharged me and the waiter felt that was so unreasonable he tried to stab me... That wasn't a success it has to be said

By *isaAndNicoleTransTV/TS  over a year ago

Southport / Ellesmere Port

I've asked to speak to a manager loads of times. It gives the manager something to do instead of sitting on their arse all day

"I have never requested a manager, it seems a bit obnoxious to me, sort of thing that happens in films "

I don’t think it is. That’s what they’re for. If something goes wrong in my company I expect to be the one who has to sort it out and I will do. If things aren’t as they’re supposed to be why accept it? I wouldn’t.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Not really I just politely point out what’s wrong and that usually sorts the situation.

Only once, at a hairdressers, as I phoned to check it was ok to wash my daughters hair prior to her having a cut, as she can sometimes get agitated from water on her neck. Back then she wasn’t aggressive, she would just have shouted and got up and not sat back down.

I’d been there loads of times so wanted to try her there. I explained this to them and was told “we don’t do her kind” when I said I didn’t want her hair washing, so asked to speak to the manager.

The manager was so apologetic. I was calm, running wards with irate patients/relatives makes you that way, and having dealt with so much crap over my daughter it was water off a ducks back, I simply asked her to be sure her staff were taught how to speak to people regarding the disabled in a polite and inoffensive manner. She apologised as she’d heard was said, offered a free cut, but I declined, as I didn’t want to my daughter in that environment.

Only time I’ve done that. I usually smile and say nothing x Viv x

Yes to all...now what was the question

"I have never requested a manager, it seems a bit obnoxious to me, sort of thing that happens in films

I don’t think it is. That’s what they’re for. If something goes wrong in my company I expect to be the one who has to sort it out and I will do. If things aren’t as they’re supposed to be why accept it? I wouldn’t. "

Exactly this. Also staff don't always have the authority to do things and need a manager's authorisation. I've also stepped in to protect my staff without being asked because of them being treated unfairly by m_mbers of the public. If someone wants to get snotty, they can get snotty with me, the staff aren't paid enough to deal with that.

The manager of dogging spot is erect Jim

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Unfortunately yes have had to do it, a hotel on holiday so many issues that we had no choice,the icing on the cake was coming home to find our room flooded from flat above toilet leaking.

And the hotel STILL wouldn't move is despite the room stinking to high heaven.

Didn't even get an apology!

By *emma HoldenTV/TS  over a year ago

Ramsey

In my old job I was the manager. If a customer didn't like what I said or my decision whilst serving them & demanded to see the manager, I would ask them to wait while I got him, then go out the back for 5 minutes & make a brew or some other job & leave them stood. Then go back out & introduce myself to them as the manager & watch their face drop when they realise they it wasn't their day to get a different answer!

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Yes twice, once in airport security and the other in a supermarket - both times the manager took my point of view on board and saw sense

"In my old job I was the manager. If a customer didn't like what I said or my decision whilst serving them & demanded to see the manager, I would ask them to wait while I got him, then go out the back for 5 minutes & make a brew or some other job & leave them stood. Then go back out & introduce myself to them as the manager & watch their face drop when they realise they it wasn't their day to get a different answer! "

Hahaha this! I'm a manager and do the exact same, only if they are being a Karen mind.

I love it when we have some twats at work arguing with a few people at the same time and when they ask "Can I speak to the manager?!" then reply is "I am the manager!"

"I love it when we have some twats at work arguing with a few people at the same time and when they ask "Can I speak to the manager?!" then reply is "I am the manager!" "

Yes!! The look they give & I give back is priceless x

"I love it when we have some twats at work arguing with a few people at the same time and when they ask "Can I speak to the manager?!" then reply is "I am the manager!" "

I used to love it when people would ask to speak to the nurse in charge, and I could tell them they were. Shuts them down instantly x Viv x

By *ob Carpe DiemMan  over a year ago

Torquay

No but emailed the head of HM Courts and Tribunals, copied my MP and the Brighton probate registry, boy did they jump through hoops to get my dad's probate sorted

By *emma HoldenTV/TS  over a year ago

Ramsey

"I love it when we have some twats at work arguing with a few people at the same time and when they ask "Can I speak to the manager?!" then reply is "I am the manager!"

Yes!! The look they give & I give back is priceless x"

When the public behaves like the complete tossers they can be, grasping these precious little moments is priceless cos they don't happen all that often lol.

Watching them over the past few weeks has only cemented my lack of faith in some people's common sense & ability to function without being told in minute detail what to do by someone else.

"I love it when we have some twats at work arguing with a few people at the same time and when they ask "Can I speak to the manager?!" then reply is "I am the manager!"

Yes!! The look they give & I give back is priceless x

When the public behaves like the complete tossers they can be, grasping these precious little moments is priceless cos they don't happen all that often lol.

Watching them over the past few weeks has only cemented my lack of faith in some people's common sense & ability to function without being told in minute detail what to do by someone else. "

Oh yes! See we have the same mind set, clearly from having to deal with idiots on a daily basis. X

When fobbed off yes I have, did it work, yes it did

Can it be a leader? Or does it have to be a manager?

I'm shocked at some of the comments here.

What is the issue with asking to speak to a manager?

Asking to speak to someone in charge does not make someone obnoxious!

People who ring my work only ask to speak to a manager to get a different response to the one I or my colleagues have given them.

99.9% of the time, the manager just tells them exactly the same thing as they’ve already been told.

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

On the rare occasions I have felt it necessary to speak to a manager, yes I got the result I should have had in the first place.

I get awkward clients wanting my manager, when the legislation says they can't have what they want. Yes, they can complain to my manager, it won't change anything though.

By *U1966Man  over a year ago

Devon

Had someone shout it at me while we fixing his car with lads working on to get it fixed. Told him he was and we would gladly push his car into the road outside and go to the pub

Never mind that OP where did you get them boxers??

"I'm shocked at some of the comments here.

What is the issue with asking to speak to a manager?

Asking to speak to someone in charge does not make someone obnoxious!"

We only are referring to the ones who aren't nice. You can spot the ones who do it all the time from a mile! You should always give feedback or speak up if not happy. It's just some people think they gave the right to talk to you like shit x

By *eeks-R-UsCouple  over a year ago

Livingston

Used to be a store manager so dealt with this a fair bit. Many Karens but thankfully some genuinely lovely people too. Got friendly with the regulars and it made some days go from sucky to brilliant when they came in even just to say hi.

What’s a Karen? Seen it mentioned, so curious x Viv x

"What’s a Karen? Seen it mentioned, so curious x Viv x"

She’s the stereotype of the moaning customer..

Put ‘Karen Starter Pack’ into any popular search engine and you’ll see

"Am a stroppy bugger when I ask to speak to the manager so always get my own way lol

That's nothing to be proud of, it puts the person you're stropping at in an awkward position and makes them feel uncomfortable.

If that was a m_mber of your family, would you pat someone on the back for speaking to them all stroppy or would you want to knock them the fuck out for speaking to a m_mber of your family like shit?

Think about that next time eh?

P"

Only if there's something wrong that the person who's dealing with can't solve.

Plus I never get stroppy about it because that gets you nowhere if you have a genuine reason to complain

"Only if there's something wrong that the person who's dealing with can't solve.

Plus I never get stroppy about it because that gets you nowhere if you have a genuine reason to complain"

If someone starts with attitude they always get the full on defensive from me; start things the right way and I’ll be a lot more willing to help out

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Personally I've never had to speak to a manager and I've always managed to sort my issues either with the person I'm speaking to or when it has been a call centre, by calling back (and usually speaking to someone different) once I've gathered more information.

I've had a lot of people ask to speak to managers while in work. 99.9% of the time they get the exact same answer I've given. The only times they haven't was back when I worked in retail as a teenager and had managers younger than I am now who would literally break company policy just for an easy life. It was frustrating but at least it's not on my back if it comes back to bite them.

In my current job I've had it from people expecting unreasonable priority over other patients with no medical need, people complaining we won't breech our confidentiality or safeguarding policies or people literally complaining when they have to be treated different due to their medical problems meaning that the usual way would be incredibly dangerous. Yes people genuinely demand the right to risk significant harm or death if it's more convenient.

Since we've had this pandemic I've probably had the most people demanding to speak to a manager over our current policies to prevent the spread of the virus. We've even received formal complaints. 99% of people have been great and if anything are glad we have put the measures in place that we have to reduce the risk to both them and ourselves but again, others believe they should have the right to do exactly as they wish, even if that puts many other people at risk.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Am a stroppy bugger when I ask to speak to the manager so always get my own way lol"

That would be less about the customer having any skill set for the situation and more about the manager being well trained in dealing with unpleasant people.

Sometimes giving an unreasonable person their own way is far less hassle and time consuming. Doesn't make them right , just unpleasant and disposable.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"In my old job I was the manager. If a customer didn't like what I said or my decision whilst serving them & demanded to see the manager, I would ask them to wait while I got him, then go out the back for 5 minutes & make a brew or some other job & leave them stood. Then go back out & introduce myself to them as the manager & watch their face drop when they realise they it wasn't their day to get a different answer! "

Christ .....

By *hatYorkLadMan  over a year ago

York

I've never said it in life outside of work, but quite often when dealing with service desks in garages when you know they're fobbing you off it's the only way to get a straight answer or get a job moving.

Now I understand why you are not a manager now!

By *mberWoman  over a year ago

Preston

I worked in a petrol station many moons ago. One day there was a lunchtime rush queue.

A man filled his car up with fuel, came into the shop, ignored the queue, threw £20 at me and demanded a receipt.

I was very polite and told him, he'd have to wait...queue, polite, waiting, fairness, customers etc.

He started swearing at me. I remained very professional.

The manager was watching from her office. He demanded to see her.

She came out, he continued being a complete idiot.

She just looked at him and said the following

"Two options...queue or fuck off, you're a cunt"

He left his £20 and stormed off.

Ironically, if he'd just waited in the queue I'd have served everyone in the time it took!

"What’s a Karen? Seen it mentioned, so curious x Viv x

She’s the stereotype of the moaning customer..

Put ‘Karen Starter Pack’ into any popular search engine and you’ll see "

Thank you xx

Let’s go one further

Who’s taken to social media to vent your frustrations at a company and ended your post with RANT OVER!

» Add a new message to this topic