FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Near Death Experience

Near Death Experience

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone had a near death experience

When I was 19 I jumped from balcony to balcony in spain on the 20th floor and slipped just because I couldnt be bothered to enter the next room via the door

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Anyone had a near death experience

When I was 19 I jumped from balcony to balcony in spain on the 20th floor and slipped just because I couldnt be bothered to enter the next room via the door "

By *dam1971Man  over a year ago

Bedford

One or two on the motorbike. I’m not proud of them

Parasialing gone wrong in Jamaica when I was 17, hit the water at 30mph, dragged under and nearly drowned. Also smacked my leg off coral on the way in. Rescue boat was sent out to me.

"Parasialing gone wrong in Jamaica when I was 17, hit the water at 30mph, dragged under and nearly drowned. Also smacked my leg off coral on the way in. Rescue boat was sent out to me."

Parasailing*

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

"One or two on the motorbike. I’m not proud of them "

This when I was younger and more reckless with my speed especially.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"Parasialing gone wrong in Jamaica when I was 17, hit the water at 30mph, dragged under and nearly drowned. Also smacked my leg off coral on the way in. Rescue boat was sent out to me.

Parasailing*"

That sounds scary. Did it out you off parasailing ?

I had a real bad experience with Uber in Nigeria , but a year later was using it again.

By *ineapple_PrincessWoman  over a year ago

in the waves

When I was 7 I was swimming in a lake at a family bbq with all my cousins. Everyone was messing on a floating raft and decided to try and flip it. Well when the raft flipped it cracked me on the head. I remember sinking in the murky water and thinking I was dying. My oldest brother was there and luckily found me and dragged me out.

I have dreams about it quite regularly still.

My most recent one was when I was doing a capsize drill in a canoe and my foot ended up tangled in elastic trapping me under water.

I was wearing a buoyancy aid that pushed me up against the capsized canoe so I couldn't dive to free myself, but couldn't bring my head above water level so I couldn't breath.

Luckily, after wedging my paddle between cords and flailing my trapped leg, I ended up free only to drag that canoe a few hundred metres back to shore.

Reading back, it sounds worse than it was. It was over pretty quick so I was unlikely to drown. It was towards the end of a week of paddling. I just wanted to get back, shower and have a hot chocolate.

By *assy69Man  over a year ago

West Sussex and Wales

"Anyone had a near death experience

When I was 19 I jumped from balcony to balcony in spain on the 20th floor and slipped just because I couldnt be bothered to enter the next room via the door "

Have had a couple over the years, thankfully they don’t haunt me

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

It wasn't quite near death but I had pneumonia when I was 20 and was borderline septic so I now know precisely what they mean when they list feeling like you're going to die as a symptom of sepsis. I was coughing up hard lumps and blood and just breathing was exhausting. Unfortunately it's permanently affected my heart so I now have an arrhythmia.

[Removed by poster at 06/05/20 14:18:12]

"Parasialing gone wrong in Jamaica when I was 17, hit the water at 30mph, dragged under and nearly drowned. Also smacked my leg off coral on the way in. Rescue boat was sent out to me.

Parasailing*

That sounds scary. Did it out you off parasailing ?

I had a real bad experience with Uber in Nigeria , but a year later was using it again.

"

I went to do it again in October but was quoted a shocking price.

So I would yes, just on a calm day, as wind is what caused the accident

By *orenzoVonMatterhornMan  over a year ago

Lincoln

When I was probably about five I ended up falling in to a local river from a small pier. I still remember the pier, and then waking up in a police station... not sure what happened in between or how the family friend who was looking after me handled it

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Fell out of a hole while exploring the Rock of Gibraltar landed in a tree after my mate followed me out holding onto my arm. If he hadn’t have grabbed me and directed me into a tree I would not be here.

Gentleman on the Seafront in Gran Canaria took a liking to my trainers and tried to stab me up for them. We ended up falling off the wall onto the beach where we had a wrestle until the law turned up and beat the shit out of him even asking if I wanted a go.

I survived scepticemia when i was 18. I almost bled out & ended up needing an emergancy D&C & recussitated. I was in a coma & spent 2 weeks in intensive care,

And at 26 I survived carbon monoxide poisoning from faulty gas heating.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

[Removed by poster at 06/05/20 14:23:18]

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Getting caught by a rip tide in Italy aged 17 and sucked under. My friend was a stronger swimmer and raised the alarm, rescued used by coastguard.

Had such an effect I didn’t venture back into the sea until this year. I made my guide aware of my fear and he was just great. I’m glad I did it, as was an amazing experience and got my lad his natural turtle photo

Two quite large car crashes were pretty close calls, no I wasn’t driving

I did die on the table for a few seconds apparently but can’t say I’d have noticed

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

Cut out of a car by firefighters at the age of 20. I had a broken left arm in two places and my left wrist. 18 hours on a spinal bed, 43 stitches and staples in my head. Ruptured my interior ligaments in my right knee. Required 18 stitches in my back. Needed surgery to remove glass from my face. Lots more cuts and bruises from the accident.

Lucky. Very.

My ex had his hands wrapped around my throat squeezing tightly. Thought I wasn't gonna come back from that but welcomed it at the time, I'd had enough. He let go coz he knew that's what I wanted, and chose to let me live in hell for a while longer trying to convince me to take my own life instead... clean hands then eh.

P

Once or twice, possibly thrice.....

By *ny1localMan  over a year ago

READING

In hospital with pneumonia for 4 month, a serious car accident and also involved in a bad fire that gave me 30% burns..makes me laugh when someone tells me "you were lucky "...thank f**k I'm not unlucky.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

"My ex had his hands wrapped around my throat squeezing tightly. Thought I wasn't gonna come back from that but welcomed it at the time, I'd had enough. He let go coz he knew that's what I wanted, and chose to let me live in hell for a while longer trying to convince me to take my own life instead... clean hands then eh.

P

"

What a fucker.

Not personally but hubby has had a few in his previous job (prison officer). He said he'd rather go through them all again since his diagnosis

"My ex had his hands wrapped around my throat squeezing tightly. Thought I wasn't gonna come back from that but welcomed it at the time, I'd had enough. He let go coz he knew that's what I wanted, and chose to let me live in hell for a while longer trying to convince me to take my own life instead... clean hands then eh.

P

"

Dirty useless cunt of a man!!!

T

I got hit by a car, milliseconds later and I’d have taken full impact

By *hatYorkLadMan  over a year ago

York

Getting a lift in a friends car when I was at college, it was stupidly powerful for an 18 year old to be driving and he drove it like he stole it everywhere. We crested a hill with a sharp downhill bend with the wheels off the ground and lost control of the car, it spun 360 degrees when the tyres hit the road and we nearly hit a tree with a load of flowers tied to it from a previous accident. I thought we were going to die and I was shaking for hours afterwards, luckily nobody got hurt. Never got in a car with him again after that.

» Add a new message to this topic