FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Does anybody understand the cloud & storing deleting photos.

Does anybody understand the cloud & storing deleting photos.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ex-a-frolics OP   Couple  over a year ago

Brizzle

I have photos in my phone that I want to delete, but only from that device. When I go to delete it says this photo will be deleted from all devices. Is there a workaround for this, so the photos stay on my laptop & my other phone?

TIA??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *egasus NobMan  over a year ago

Merton

Guessing you are on iPhone and Mac

Brizzle

Yes sorry should have said, for example there’s a photo tab called recents (why I don’t know as it contains everything). If I delete a photo from there it deletes from everything. Surely there must be a way of deleting but storing in other places?

By *he Mac LassWoman  over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

I've had this issue with iCloud. Best I could do was hide the pictures so they didn't show but the 'hidden folder' is visible anyway. Uff. I'd be interested in another workaround though.

Brizzle

It’s ok when the phones in your hands, but when you’re trying to show others pics there’s always someone leaning over your shoulder (obviously not in the current climate), there doesn’t seem to be an easy way of segregating family photos & others that aren’t suitable??

By *nnocentimesMan  over a year ago

over there by that tree

"It’s ok when the phones in your hands, but when you’re trying to show others pics there’s always someone leaning over your shoulder (obviously not in the current climate), there doesn’t seem to be an easy way of segregating family photos & others that aren’t suitable??"

I use box.... just store naughty pics there. then delete from the phone.

Brizzle

"It’s ok when the phones in your hands, but when you’re trying to show others pics there’s always someone leaning over your shoulder (obviously not in the current climate), there doesn’t seem to be an easy way of segregating family photos & others that aren’t suitable??

I use box.... just store naughty pics there. then delete from the phone. "

Presumably that’s a 3rd party storage app?

By *uper SaiyanMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

Because its apple it is likely linked to your apple account. So what happens in one area of the account, the system then updates other areas. You most likely have the iCloud on you phone settings on and would have to switch that off before doing anything (do a test before deleting anything).

Other thing you can do is move them to a different cloud (e.g. dropbox) or make a secure folder on your phone and put all the good photos and videos in there

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"It’s ok when the phones in your hands, but when you’re trying to show others pics there’s always someone leaning over your shoulder (obviously not in the current climate), there doesn’t seem to be an easy way of segregating family photos & others that aren’t suitable??

I use box.... just store naughty pics there. then delete from the phone. "

I do this, it requires a passcode to access it. Nice and private

By *egasus NobMan  over a year ago

Merton

Not sure you can delete some pictures and keep the rest while still using icloud. Don't think that is how Cloud system/storage work I could be wrong.

If you mean to separate your iPhone pictures from your Mac if I remember right can be done on the system preference, icloud, photo setting on Mac. And on iphone the Setting, Photos bar.

before doing anything back up.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No one really understands the cloud, thats why we dont use it.

» Add a new message to this topic