FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Arrogance and Sarcasm

Arrogance and Sarcasm

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Reading some of the comments and replies on the forums from arrogant, sarcastic and condescending individuals is really showing the horrible side to Fab.

What possesses someone with their fanny as a profile picture to ridicule someone's grammar! Knowing the difference between "their" & "There" isnt a major turn on btw.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yeh it is...

"Yeh it is..."

About as attractive and funny as you I'd say

"Yeh it is...

About as attractive and funny as you I'd say "

What were saying about sarcasm?

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

Maybe not to you, but to some it might be.

Personally, I don't tend to engage with people that don't have a decent grasp on the English language as I don't feel that we'd be compatible - if that causes you to think that I'm arrogant and condescending then that's your opinion, and you're perfectly entitled to it

"Yeh it is...

What were saying about sarcasm?"

That was a retort! No sarcasm whatsoever.

"Maybe not to you, but to some it might be.

Personally, I don't tend to engage with people that don't have a decent grasp on the English language as I don't feel that we'd be compatible - if that causes you to think that I'm arrogant and condescending then that's your opinion, and you're perfectly entitled to it "

Not at all.. Everyone can make their own mind and opinion. But would you feel that because you are not compatible you should then ridicule that person on a public forum? That's the point I'm making what makes a person feel the need to do that to someone who could be dyslexic or have other life issues.

Being an arsehole is a life choice not all people can help it if they are crap at spelling. This is a site for swingers ffs and its overrun with people obsessed with gammer!

"Yeh it is...

Thanks. Im gorgeous I know... xxx

Personally, I don't tend to engage with people that don't have a decent grasp on the English language as I don't feel that we'd be compatible - if that causes you to think that I'm arrogant and condescending then that's your opinion, and you're perfectly entitled to it

Not at all.. Everyone can make their own mind and opinion. But would you feel that because you are not compatible you should then ridicule that person on a public forum? That's the point I'm making what makes a person feel the need to do that to someone who could be dyslexic or have other life issues.

Being an arsehole is a life choice not all people can help it if they are crap at spelling. This is a site for swingers ffs and its overrun with people obsessed with gammer! "

*Grammar

[Removed by poster at 05/05/20 01:10:58]

"Reading some of the comments and replies on the forums from arrogant, sarcastic and condescending individuals is really showing the horrible side to Fab.

What possesses someone with their fanny as a profile picture to ridicule someone's grammar! Knowing the difference between "their" & "There" isnt a major turn on btw. "

Well said.

Being an arsehole is a life choice not all people can help it if they are crap at spelling. This is a site for swingers ffs and its overrun with people obsessed with gammer!

*Grammar"

Being an arsehole is a life choice not all people can help it if they are crap at spelling. This is a site for swingers ffs and its overrun with people obsessed with gammer! "

Grammar.

Sorry couldn't resist. I guess it was a typo anyway

"Yeh it is...

This is the really horrible side to public forums. No need at all for this

Grammar

The difference between - knowing your “shit” and knowing you’re shit.

"[Removed by poster before being seen by the grammar police at 05/05/20 01:10:58]"

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

"Someone with their fanny as a profile picture" ....

So judgemental is ok then OP?

Yeh but sometimes some punters on here set themselves right up so what can you do?! Seriously?... Fuckin hell I love this site sometimes and I love all of you xxx

"Yeh it is...

What were saying about sarcasm?

That was a retort! No sarcasm whatsoever. "

Oh. It's nice to see someone on the forums not being horrible.

Was there a particular thread where someone has ridiculed another for their lack of grammar or are you talking in general?

""Someone with their fanny as a profile picture" ....

So judgemental is ok then OP?"

Some might say, condescending.

By *amesoflondonMan  over a year ago

London

"Yeh it is...

This is the really horrible side to public forums. No need at all for this "

Agreed here. Please have you gotten a white dress and a hat for your Mum handy for when this insanity is over? ??Xx

Was there a particular thread where someone has ridiculed another for their lack of grammar or are you talking in general?"

General throughout. You got to ask yourself why people are actually on fab.

By *uicy jonesMan  over a year ago

near a big hill in s/ shropshire NOT in

Why can't people just be nice and get on with eachother , sarcasm is part of any forums , I'm guilty of it , but it's meant as light humour , not derogatory or condescending,,,, just try and put a little light hearted humour in to theses sad times , people have took offence and I've apologised for that , but wasn't meant to offend , I know people are stressed out and easier offended lately and for that reason I've not really posted in the forums as I'm worried my comments would be taken the wrong way !!!!! there's more to worry about than silly none important comments ,,,, I have lost my auntie and a very good friend to the virus in the last 2 weeks and now my 18 year old nephew is poorly with it to !!!! Really does put things in to prospective !!!! Sorry for my rant !!!

So what's being judgemental about that comment? Its about perspective and context! We are on here for a reason. For us that reason is a long way from ridiculing people.

Some might say, condescending."

You really didn't need that misplaced comma there Jim...

Was there a particular thread where someone has ridiculed another for their lack of grammar or are you talking in general?

General throughout. You got to ask yourself why people are actually on fab. "

*Fab.

You really didn't need that misplaced comma there Jim... "

Soz.

"Why can't people just be nice and get on with eachother , sarcasm is part of any forums , I'm guilty of it , but it's meant as light humour , not derogatory or condescending,,,, just try and put a little light hearted humour in to theses sad times , people have took offence and I've apologised for that , but wasn't meant to offend , I know people are stressed out and easier offended lately and for that reason I've not really posted in the forums as I'm worried my comments would be taken the wrong way !!!!! there's more to worry about than silly none important comments ,,,, I have lost my auntie and a very good friend to the virus in the last 2 weeks and now my 18 year old nephew is poorly with it to !!!! Really does put things in to prospective !!!! Sorry for my rant !!! "

Im only on here for a laugh x

By *ig1gaz1Man  over a year ago

bradford

Personally, I don't tend to engage with people that don't have a decent grasp on the English language as I don't feel that we'd be compatible - if that causes you to think that I'm arrogant and condescending then that's your opinion, and you're perfectly entitled to it "

Sorry to say, As much as you for thinking that people need an english grammer to be compatable.

Theres plenty of people out there that can speak clear english, But cannot put it into words.

Weather its to do with spelling or being able to use commas or full stops.

You really didn't need that misplaced comma there Jim...

Soz."

Lucky I dont get my red pen out lad...

I kind of agree with what your saying. Sometimes people can’t spell or express themselves as good as others and they do get jumped on at time’s. However if you explain and stick to your guns you will be ok. The majority of this forum are good eggs and can see a genuine post, x

Sorry to say, As much as you for thinking that people need an english grammer to be compatable.

Theres plenty of people out there that can speak clear english, But cannot put it into words.

Weather its to do with spelling or being able to use commas or full stops. "

*whether

"Why can't people just be nice and get on with eachother , sarcasm is part of any forums , I'm guilty of it , but it's meant as light humour , not derogatory or condescending,,,, just try and put a little light hearted humour in to theses sad times , people have took offence and I've apologised for that , but wasn't meant to offend , I know people are stressed out and easier offended lately and for that reason I've not really posted in the forums as I'm worried my comments would be taken the wrong way !!!!! there's more to worry about than silly none important comments ,,,, I have lost my auntie and a very good friend to the virus in the last 2 weeks and now my 18 year old nephew is poorly with it to !!!! Really does put things in to prospective !!!! Sorry for my rant !!!

Im only on here for a laugh x "

I was also , but lately you have to watch what you're writing and what you are replying to and how you are replying !!! I tend to select carefully what I post now to

By *amesoflondonMan  over a year ago

London

Dear OP,

I'm (not) sorry to say that I have fabbed far too many pics of yours. That there were so many to choose from... many.

Hope that this places' wallys don't get you down in here tonight. X

"Why can't people just be nice and get on with eachother , sarcasm is part of any forums , I'm guilty of it , but it's meant as light humour , not derogatory or condescending,,,, just try and put a little light hearted humour in to theses sad times , people have took offence and I've apologised for that , but wasn't meant to offend , I know people are stressed out and easier offended lately and for that reason I've not really posted in the forums as I'm worried my comments would be taken the wrong way !!!!! there's more to worry about than silly none important comments ,,,, I have lost my auntie and a very good friend to the virus in the last 2 weeks and now my 18 year old nephew is poorly with it to !!!! Really does put things in to prospective !!!! Sorry for my rant !!!

Im only on here for a laugh x I was also , but lately you have to watch what you're writing and what you are replying to and how you are replying !!! I tend to select carefully what I post now to "

Do you though?!...

It’s certainly a way for people to express their personalities - if that doesn’t float your boat, then I guess that meet/friendship is not going to happen.

By *artinbobMan  over a year ago

Leicester

"Reading some of the comments and replies on the forums from arrogant, sarcastic and condescending individuals is really showing the horrible side to Fab.

What possesses someone with their fanny as a profile picture to ridicule someone's grammar! Knowing the difference between "their" & "There" isnt a major turn on btw. "

The spelling and grammar police annoy me and I’ve had this a few times on here. They don’t know the full narrative of a person like if someone is dyslexic like I am. But that’s not a reflection on my intelligence at all. Gets my back up loads

What possesses someone with their fanny as a profile picture to ridicule someone's grammar! Knowing the difference between "their" & "There" isnt a major turn on btw.

The spelling and grammar police annoy me and I’ve had this a few times on here. They don’t know the full narrative of a person like if someone is dyslexic like I am. But that’s not a reflection on my intelligence at all. Gets my back up loads "

I haven't got any GCSEs...

*whether"

Why feel the need to correct?

Just to clarify this isn't about something we have experienced but witnessed.

But taking into consideration why we are all on this site..Why would anyone want to ridicule or be an arsehole unless that's all you have in your locker. Again if you are on here for the right reasons which is to attract other people. Then knowing the difference between light hearted banter and being horrible is something you need to learn more than "Grammar"

Just be nice to people and have a laugh this is supposed to be fun x

"Just to clarify this isn't about something we have experienced but witnessed.

But taking into consideration why we are all on this site..Why would anyone want to ridicule or be an arsehole unless that's all you have in your locker. Again if you are on here for the right reasons which is to attract other people. Then knowing the difference between light hearted banter and being horrible is something you need to learn more than "Grammar"

Just be nice to people and have a laugh this is supposed to be fun x"

By *ovestrapMan  over a year ago

London

Unfortunately, this is the bad side to Fab (Internet) people feel they can say and wmdo what they like over the Internet.

The amount of people who think their opinion is the most important than everyone else is amazing.

Everyone has their opinion. Some agree with their opinion some dont.

But some feel they need to shove I'd down everyone else's throats as they know better.

Trolls that's what they are. People are horrible on the Internet as they sit bhinde the screen saying whatever they line.

Would you say that if the person was standing in front of you? Likely not. Then why say it over the net?

Not because you would be too scared of what this person migh do. But because you would not. So why do it on the net. If not to be a troll.

Some very rude people on here.

By *ankie303Woman  over a year ago

Weirdsville South Coast Dorset

Was there a particular thread where someone has ridiculed another for their lack of grammar or are you talking in general?"

Green arrow, apparently anyone having a bit of banter is a cunt according to the op.

General throughout. You got to ask yourself why people are actually on fab. "

I don’t understand the significance of what a profile picture is of, in your original post.

Why does it matter if someone has their fanny as a profile pic on a swingers site?

By *ovestrapMan  over a year ago

London

Human nature I'm afraid, people need to feel they are better that others, some do it by being an asshole to others. Hidden away.

Some people like to feel superior and better than others. There’s a high percentage off people that are dyslexic or on the spectrum whom are highly intelligent, Shakespeare, Darwin, Picasso, Hawkins.

Does being nice to people include people with a fanny pic for an avatar?

bradford

"The spelling and grammar police annoy me and I’ve had this a few times on here. They don’t know the full narrative of a person like if someone is dyslexic like I am. But that’s not a reflection on my intelligence at all. Gets my back up loads "

Im a member on other forum its not allowed there.

As theres no need for it.

Does being nice to people include people with a fanny pic for an avatar?"

No no no. You can not show your foof ever ever. Unless your highly intelligent and completely knowledgable

"Dear OP,

I'm (not) sorry to say that I have fabbed far too many pics of yours. That there were so many to choose from... many.

Hope that this places' wallys don't get you down in here tonight. X"

Glad you enjoyed the pics! That is what Fab is all about at the end of the day

Leicester

So if you judge someone for not knowing the difference between there n their you could be making a judgement that’s maybe not true. I get judged for that but I’m dyslexic but that’s not my intelligence level. I have a degree and can hold conversation at a very high level. I talk to doctors and such like on a very highly compatible level and no body would know I’m dyslexic. People judge written word too quickly and make massive assumptions that could be wrong. Obviously not always wrong as some will just be unintelligent but not everyone.

*whether

Why feel the need to correct? "

Im just trying to help...

Leicester

The spelling and grammar police annoy me and I’ve had this a few times on here. They don’t know the full narrative of a person like if someone is dyslexic like I am. But that’s not a reflection on my intelligence at all. Gets my back up loads

I haven't got any GCSEs..."

And I wouldn’t judge you for not having GCSEs. But would you judge me for my failings on their n there many would assume I was unintelligent when in reality that’s so not true.

And I wouldn’t judge you for not having GCSEs. But would you judge me for my failings on their n there many would assume I was unintelligent when in reality that’s so not true. "

Would you judge someone for having a fanny pic as their profile pic on here?

So if you judge someone for not knowing the difference between there n their you could be making a judgement that’s maybe not true. I get judged for that but I’m dyslexic but that’s not my intelligence level. I have a degree and can hold conversation at a very high level. I talk to doctors and such like on a very highly compatible level and no body would know I’m dyslexic. People judge written word too quickly and make massive assumptions that could be wrong. Obviously not always wrong as some will just be unintelligent but not everyone. "

My sister has a PHD , yet surprisingly her university “ helped” her with her dyslexia. But on here if you can’t spell your an outcast.

As I said earlier you can usually tell by someone’s tone and pattern of speech if they are “ intelligent “ as such. If someone was to write for instance. Hi ow are u, I’d assume they are not for me. It’s all about context

Does being nice to people include people with a fanny pic for an avatar?

No no no. You can not show your foof ever ever. Unless your highly intelligent and completely knowledgable "

We have plenty of fanny pics! Feel free to have a look lol!!

Again, as we have already said. The comment regarding the profile picture was about perspective and context to why we are all here! and the fact that people forget that. It's not to worry about how people spell or to make people feel like crap.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

Didn't you just ridicule someone on a public forum? Also used sarcasm.

By *ddictedToLoveMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham

People don’t use the Oxford comma anymore. Even Oxford doesn’t use it

So if you judge someone for not knowing the difference between there n their you could be making a judgement that’s maybe not true. I get judged for that but I’m dyslexic but that’s not my intelligence level. I have a degree and can hold conversation at a very high level. I talk to doctors and such like on a very highly compatible level and no body would know I’m dyslexic. People judge written word too quickly and make massive assumptions that could be wrong. Obviously not always wrong as some will just be unintelligent but not everyone.

My sister has a PHD , yet surprisingly her university “ helped” her with her dyslexia. But on here if you can’t spell your an outcast.

As I said earlier you can usually tell by someone’s tone and pattern of speech if they are “ intelligent “ as such. If someone was to write for instance. Hi ow are u, I’d assume they are not for me. It’s all about context "

I dunno, it's a thread about sarcasm and bad spelling so I sort of reserve the right to be a twunt on it sort of thing. ( ps. I hope its going well with you and your friend. And I mean that as well xx)

Didn't you just ridicule someone on a public forum? Also used sarcasm. "

It wasn't sarcasm, it was a retort.

Leicester

And I wouldn’t judge you for not having GCSEs. But would you judge me for my failings on their n there many would assume I was unintelligent when in reality that’s so not true.

Would you judge someone for having a fanny pic as their profile pic on here?"

No I don’t make judgements based only on pictures unless they’re outside of what I generally go for in either a female or male. But there’s no right n wrong to that judgement. I either like or don’t like

bradford

"As I said earlier you can usually tell by someone’s tone and pattern of speech if they are “ intelligent “ as such. If someone was to write for instance. Hi ow are u, I’d assume they are not for me. It’s all about context "

I must admit I hate text speak .

As I just dont see the need for it.

However ive asked them to not to use it and try from there.

Leicester

As I said earlier you can usually tell by someone’s tone and pattern of speech if they are “ intelligent “ as such. If someone was to write for instance. Hi ow are u, I’d assume they are not for me. It’s all about context "

It was a bit different when I did my degree. But when I set out on my masters it was set out that there would be flexibility in my marking based around my dyslexia

"As I said earlier you can usually tell by someone’s tone and pattern of speech if they are “ intelligent “ as such. If someone was to write for instance. Hi ow are u, I’d assume they are not for me. It’s all about context

I must admit I hate text speak .

As I just dont see the need for it.

However ive asked them to not to use it and try from there."

If someone spoke to me with text speak I know we wouldn’t be compatible, it’s lazy. However spelling and grammar is different.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

Didn't you just ridicule someone on a public forum? Also used sarcasm.

It wasn't sarcasm, it was a retort."

Ah I see, if it's a retort it's OK to be an arsehole. Glad you cleared that up as I was obviously making the mistake thinking that the op was being a huge hypocrite.

As I said earlier you can usually tell by someone’s tone and pattern of speech if they are “ intelligent “ as such. If someone was to write for instance. Hi ow are u, I’d assume they are not for me. It’s all about context

It was a bit different when I did my degree. But when I set out on my masters it was set out that there would be flexibility in my marking based around my dyslexia "

There is so much out there now even down to coloured screens and papers. As white is hard to write on for some spectrum users.

Leicester

It was a bit different when I did my degree. But when I set out on my masters it was set out that there would be flexibility in my marking based around my dyslexia

There is so much out there now even down to coloured screens and papers. As white is hard to write on for some spectrum users. "

It’s totally changed from when I was at school so many advances have been made with the increasing research that’s been carried out

I tend to find those who are like this tend to be really insecure about who they are and do this when they feel someone or something is better than them and makes them defensive and aggressive. Shame people feel like that, we're all perfect,flawed and unique and no need to put yourself in competition with other people based on what they have or look like.

Its like keeping up with the Jones from across the street in here at times

There is so much out there now even down to coloured screens and papers. As white is hard to write on for some spectrum users.

It’s totally changed from when I was at school so many advances have been made with the increasing research that’s been carried out"

It’s so much better understood now. I have dyslexia and I love that it’s becoming so much better accepted.

Schools are in a much better position to support students with SPLD. There’s still a lot of misconceptions around it though, but hopefully in time those will get squashed

And no, you’re right, it doesn’t affect intelligence. Dyslexia can affect anyone

By *aidForSharingWoman  over a year ago

Lancashire

What has a fanny pic got to do with grammar? Are you suggesting that someone who shows their genitalia has no right to comment on grammar? I fail to see the link

Well good morning too you all

Leicester

It’s totally changed from when I was at school so many advances have been made with the increasing research that’s been carried out

It’s so much better understood now. I have dyslexia and I love that it’s becoming so much better accepted.

Schools are in a much better position to support students with SPLD. There’s still a lot of misconceptions around it though, but hopefully in time those will get squashed

And no, you’re right, it doesn’t affect intelligence. Dyslexia can affect anyone "

I’m with you on all that sister as I said before people pull people for spelling and grammar without knowing the full narrative of a person. Add that too the misconceptions of it and boom rule them out as not being intelligent.

Well good morning

To be honest I dont think knowing the difference between "weather" and "whether" or "there" and "their" is too much to ask is it? I haven't even got any GCSEs and I know the difference like...

"Well good morning "

Good morning

What has a fanny pic got to do with grammar? Are you suggesting that someone who shows their genitalia has no right to comment on grammar? I fail to see the link "

Three times we have clarified the "fanny" comment lol..

Its was to bring perspective to the reason why we are all on this site. If you are posting pictures like such, which we also do, then is grammar really so important or something that you are thinking about so much you need to attack on it. Perspective and context needed.

Not everyone is able to extend patience to others for whatever reason whose grammar/spelling/ communication is not easily understood. They may just avoid those posts.

Most People want clear communication first and foremost and

to be understood well things must be clear.

That's the majority.

Those who have trouble in that area should not demand to be understood unless others are somehow made aware of their difficulties.

That is because the majority do not have those issues.

I'm not being rude but even s Capital D for Dyslexia or LD for learning difficulties may be appropriate with a first post on an OPs thread or their first post on a thread. Off to the side of their words.

Then it might instill some patience in certain individuals and both parties may learn a thing or two.

People may not like the idea of singling themselves out but I see no other established way around it.

To arrive on the forums automatically thinking I may encounter a dyslexic etc is not what I imagine MOST people think when entering the forums.

BUT if people (generally) tried to treat ALL others with respect then fewer toes would get trodden on.

Leicester

"To be honest I dont think knowing the difference between "weather" and "whether" or "there" and "their" is too much to ask is it? I haven't even got any GCSEs and I know the difference like..."

What even if it comes down to a recognised learning disability like dyslexia?? Dyslexia isn’t linked to lack of intelligence. I’ve already stated I have dyslexia. I have GCSEs. I have a degree. I was studying for a masters. I work for the nhs as a nurse. Me not knowing the difference between there n their doesn’t impact on my excellent patient care. I have an IQ that puts me in the top 1% of the entire planet. But you’ll judge me on my ability to get the spelling n grammar right. It doesn’t matter how many times I get told certain things it just doesn’t sink in. But hey guess I’m just lazy with a poor memory. Which btw is sarcasm against myself. And also not true as I have an eidetic memory

"To be honest I dont think knowing the difference between "weather" and "whether" or "there" and "their" is too much to ask is it? I haven't even got any GCSEs and I know the difference like..."

Good for you here’s or hers a gold star! Stick it in your blazer upon your very high horse sir.

bradford

So theres a 4 year difference between me and yourself.

There was plenty of differences between what you and I was taught at school.

so because I spelt one word wrong its picky In my eyes.

yet I struggle like hell with commas and full stops as i have to use a program for them.

As I was never taught them.

and to be honest I cant be bothered to learn them when I excel at other things instead.

Oh and one of the school exams I was 3 points away from an o level.

"To be honest I dont think knowing the difference between "weather" and "whether" or "there" and "their" is too much to ask is it? I haven't even got any GCSEs and I know the difference like...

Good for you here’s or hers a gold star! Stick it in your blazer upon your very high horse sir. "

Oh sorry *on. Bit of a typo there their they’re!!

At last a light hearted happy thread!!!!!

T

"Not everyone is able to extend patience to others for whatever reason whose grammar/spelling/ communication is not easily understood. They may just avoid those posts.

That's the majority.

Those who have trouble in that area should not demand to be understood unless others are somehow made aware of their difficulties.

I'm not being rude but even s Capital D for Dyslexia or LD for learning difficulties may be appropriate with a first post on an OPs thread or their first post on a thread. Off to the side of their words.

Then it might instill some patience in certain individuals and both parties may learn a thing or two.

People may not like the idea of singling themselves out but I see no other established way around it.

To arrive on the forums automatically thinking I may encounter a dyslexic etc is not what I imagine MOST people think when entering the forums.

BUT if people (generally) tried to treat ALL others with respect then fewer toes would get trodden on.

"

That's the word "respect"

We can all have a laugh, joke and banter..leave the nastiness out of it.

Leicester

"At last a light hearted happy thread!!!!!

T"

Haha it’s always going to be an emotive subject but it keeps cropping up more n more

"Not everyone is able to extend patience to others for whatever reason whose grammar/spelling/ communication is not easily understood. They may just avoid those posts.

That's the majority.

"

Clear communication doesn't have to be perfect just understandable.

Part of the problem is with those who jump on errors because they disagree with a Thread or post.

Or because they love trouble more than communication.

With some it is just foolish heating but I think it's best to earn that right first.

We are all in a learning process be humble enough to make adjustments.

Always brings out the keyboard warriors unfortunately

Leicester

That's the majority.

That's the word "respect"

We can all have a laugh, joke and banter..leave the nastiness out of it. "

Respect is a two way street though and to have respect you also need to acknowledge everyone is different and not to judge someone of there inability to get spelling n grammar right without knowing someone’s narrative. I will also get frustrated when someone slags someone off for spelling n grammar as they make that judgement without knowing if someone had a recognised learning disability. Yes it’s a hidden disability but I’d rather someone assume in the first instance I’m dyslexic rather than making the false assumption I’m thick/lazy/unintelligent

That's the majority.

Clear communication doesn't have to be perfect just understandable.

Part of the problem is with those who jump on errors because they disagree with a Thread or post.

Or because they love trouble more than communication.

With some it is just foolish heating but I think it's best to earn that right first.

We are all in a learning process be humble enough to make adjustments."

foolish jesting..etc

"Always brings out the keyboard warriors unfortunately "
Truth is truth.

Are you for peace or are you for war? Or do we take your comment in jest? If in jest save it!

Here the adults are talking.

bradford

"

"

I dont see the need for a label either. as much as I dont find it appropiate either.

Its about time people excepted other peoples faults at face value and ride above it.

Than be picky with it and have to post about it.

or they should read the rules better as its wrote in there about it.

"

I dont see the need for a label either. as much as I dont find it appropiate either.

Its about time people excepted other peoples faults at face value and ride above it.

Than be picky with it and have to post about it.

or they should read the rules better as its wrote in there about it."

I've learnt something today...I'll read the rules.

I would like to know what is in there on this subject.

Thanks for the pointer.

Leicester

"Always brings out the keyboard warriors unfortunately Truth is truth.

Are you for peace or are you for war? Or do we take your comment in jest? If in jest save it!

Here the adults are talking."

I did wonder if it was a for or against remark for keyboard warriors remark. I don’t think anyone here is a keyboard warrior. But we do have polar opposite opinions on this topic. Or different understandings of what’s what

bradford

https://www.fabswingers.com/content/forum-rules

Forum Rules

In summary: If you treat other people with respect, you can't go far wrong.

Don't be nasty

Don't be personal

No nit-picking please

peoples spelling and commas and full stops can be classed as any one of the above.

Leicester

"https://www.fabswingers.com/content/forum-rules

Forum Rules

Don't be nasty

Don't be personal

No nit-picking please

peoples spelling and commas and full stops can be classed as any one of the above."

Thanks for this. Basically there’s no reason to point out people’s failings in a public forum which I think is what the thread was saying in a roundabout way as a response to people being nasty over it

Forum Rules

Don't be nasty

Don't be personal

No nit-picking please

peoples spelling and commas and full stops can be classed as any one of the above.

Thanks for this. Basically there’s no reason to point out people’s failings in a public forum which I think is what the thread was saying in a roundabout way as a response to people being nasty over it "

Yes I agree. The op was saying the exact same thing. Geeeez

I did wonder if it was a for or against remark for keyboard warriors remark. I don’t think anyone here is a keyboard warrior. But we do have polar opposite opinions on this topic. Or different understandings of what’s what "

Only way to learn is dialogue.

Forum Rules

Don't be nasty

Don't be personal

No nit-picking please

Thanks for this. Basically there’s no reason to point out people’s failings in a public forum which I think is what the thread was saying in a roundabout way as a response to people being nasty over it

Yes I agree. The op was saying the exact same thing. Geeeez "

Leicester

I did wonder if it was a for or against remark for keyboard warriors remark. I don’t think anyone here is a keyboard warrior. But we do have polar opposite opinions on this topic. Or different understandings of what’s what Only way to learn is dialogue. "

True story. I don’t think this topic is done with yet. I think it will keep coming up till people accept difference. But that’s possibly being too idealistic

Leicester

Forum Rules

Don't be nasty

Don't be personal

No nit-picking please

Yes I agree. The op was saying the exact same thing. Geeeez "

I did wonder if it was a for or against remark for keyboard warriors remark. I don’t think anyone here is a keyboard warrior. But we do have polar opposite opinions on this topic. Or different understandings of what’s what Only way to learn is dialogue.

True story. I don’t think this topic is done with yet. I think it will keep coming up till people accept difference. But that’s possibly being too idealistic "

The remark was directed at anyone on this forum, just pointing out that there are a few keyboard worriers on this site, I apologise for not making that clear it is 0430

I did wonder if it was a for or against remark for keyboard warriors remark. I don’t think anyone here is a keyboard warrior. But we do have polar opposite opinions on this topic. Or different understandings of what’s what Only way to learn is dialogue.

True story. I don’t think this topic is done with yet. I think it will keep coming up till people accept difference. But that’s possibly being too idealistic

The remark was directed at anyone on this forum, just pointing out that there are a few keyboard worriers on this site, I apologise for not making that clear it is 0430 "

Made I typo yet again, the comment wasn’t* direct at anyone on here

I hear you and you have a point. Unfortunately, people see others as they see themselves. In my opinion which is based on my experiences, those people who adopt sarcasm has something to do with their own insecurity, latent anger and social awkwardness. Being humorous and light hearted is completely different to being sarcastic!

You won't see my fanny in my profile.

But sarcasm is my 3rd language.

"You won't see my fanny in my profile.

But sarcasm is my 3rd language.

"

What is your first?

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

I think there is a difference between someone saying that a person would need to have a good grasp on grammar for them to interact with them and those that ridicule others. Sometimes they are general comments not aimed at anyone in particular and occasionally not. I do feel there is a difference though.

There isn’t ever anything attractive about people embarrassing others.

I like your username OP

I liken it to any family where the grandparents are allowed to say what they like. They may advise or scold, criticise and correct, they usually get the best lines to define the moment.

"I think there is a difference between someone saying that a person would need to have a good grasp on grammar for them to interact with them and those that ridicule others. Sometimes they are general comments not aimed at anyone in particular and occasionally not. I do feel there is a difference though.

I like your username OP "

Good morning Babs! I like her chest better!

"I think there is a difference between someone saying that a person would need to have a good grasp on grammar for them to interact with them and those that ridicule others. Sometimes they are general comments not aimed at anyone in particular and occasionally not. I do feel there is a difference though.

I like your username OP

Good morning Babs! I like her chest better! "

Good morning lovely me too!

By *endydick.CumbersnatchMan  over a year ago

You do know that Yoda has been trying to hit on you for years now, don't you?

I like your username OP

Good morning lovely me too! "

Oh no! Do I have to compete with you now? Okay I loose!

I like your username OP

Oh no! Do I have to compete with you now? Okay I loose! "

I do so enjoy breasts. That just gives us something to mutually appreciate I think

I like your username OP

I do so enjoy breasts. That just gives us something to mutually appreciate I think "

It all depends on who is carrying them.

I like your username OP

I do so enjoy breasts. That just gives us something to mutually appreciate I think

It all depends on who is carrying them. "

Well yes, there is that

I like your username OP

It all depends on who is carrying them.

Well yes, there is that "

And what will be better is if she had a working brain! It is getting a bit hot in here!

"Yeh it is...

Do you not see your own irony in that put down

I like sarcasm.

I frequent many forums of different kinds and many differing social circles and work environments. Fab is by far the most appealing place for arrogance and rudeness in women

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

There's so many variables on this though.

I'm a sarcastic twat most of the time , but never in an offensive way .

Also I know certain forumites I can get away with a bit more because they know I'm only joking .

So I guess it depends on many variables .

Someone could look at a reply in a thread where MightyDong has sarcastically replied to BigBaps ( not real names btw ) and someone could think it's quite rude .

But they may know each other really well and know that it's not taken to seriously.

Just a thought

By *affeine DuskMan  over a year ago

Caerphilly

Good thread, enjoyed it.

"I frequent many forums of different kinds and many differing social circles and work environments. Fab is by far the most appealing place for arrogance and rudeness in people, in my opinion "

By *affeine DuskMan  over a year ago

Caerphilly

"I frequent many forums of different kinds and many differing social circles and work environments. Fab is by far the most appealing place for arrogance and rudeness in people, in my opinion

"

Good edit.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Yeh it is...

What were saying about sarcasm?"

I thought that and grinned when I read it.

King's Crustacean

I find 'fanny' comical. If someone said fanny to me ordinarily i'd look like this

[Removed by poster at 05/05/20 10:01:49]

Yes there are few of them here.

Thus

King's Crustacean

You really didn't need that misplaced comma there Jim... "

Hmmmmmmm ... I'd for for - You didn't really need rather than , 'You really didn't need. To be precise I find the use of the emphatic really to be superfluous to requirement.

You're communicating on a forum in text, it's not like you are having a face to face discussion with someone.

We generally give people the benefit of the doubt because we don't known the context when they've said it.

Why are people judging at all.

If someone wants to put fanny pics, that's their choice, you may not like it but that's also your choice

Some people may be dyslexic, or may never have learnt the difference between their/there etc.

I presume no one will be setting grammar exams before they decide whether or not they sleep with someone

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

If this was on a certain popular subreddit, my response would be ESH.

King's Crustacean

I hear you and you have a point. Unfortunately, people see others as they see themselves. In my opinion which is based on my experiences, those people who adopt sarcasm has something to do with their own insecurity, latent anger and social awkwardness. Being humorous and light hearted is completely different to being sarcastic! "

I totally disagree.

"If this was on a certain popular subreddit, my response would be ESH."

I love that subreddit, ever so much

By *nnocentimesMan  over a year ago

over there by that tree

"If this was on a certain popular subreddit, my response would be ESH.

I love that subreddit, ever so much"

I bet you subscribe to ButtSharpie too

"If this was on a certain popular subreddit, my response would be ESH.

I love that subreddit, ever so much

I bet you subscribe to ButtSharpie too "

No idea what that is pal

Some might say, condescending."

King's Crustacean

"I frequent many forums of different kinds and many differing social circles and work environments. Fab is by far the most appealing place for arrogance and rudeness in women"

appealing ? appalling ?

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"I frequent many forums of different kinds and many differing social circles and work environments. Fab is by far the most appealing place for arrogance and rudeness in women

appealing ? appalling ?"

To be fair accidentally it could be either

To be certain it is appealing to some

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Poor manners , etiquettes and other things like grammar seem to have a marmite response. In some ways they reinforce a class system, inequalities in education and are used to divide us.

In Africa I say “bring me the ashtray”, “get me the cook”, “fix your international card mac_ine” people don’t want victorian bollox they don’t understand they want to be given clear instruction and they want what counts - custom, happy customers, good tips. Try that here in the UK, you’re a cunt.

But grammar nazis can be fun , sometimes, if it offends you just think of it as “there” little mental health issue and lack of emotional intelligence / social skills

I hear you and you have a point. Unfortunately, people see others as they see themselves. In my opinion which is based on my experiences, those people who adopt sarcasm has something to do with their own insecurity, latent anger and social awkwardness. Being humorous and light hearted is completely different to being sarcastic!

I totally disagree."

Well you would say that wouldn't you...

"To be honest I dont think knowing the difference between "weather" and "whether" or "there" and "their" is too much to ask is it? I haven't even got any GCSEs and I know the difference like...

Good for you here’s or hers a gold star! Stick it in your blazer upon your very high horse sir. "

Thanks Cass, I never usually win anything! Just off for a gallop. Fancy coming?

It’s always been that way, and sadly some individuals thinks they run the whole thing with their attitude and low manner, but on the positive side there are lots of good eggs still in here xx

Just for the record everyone, take everything I said on here last night with a big pinch of salt please. I'd had a few cans and I'd got the devil in me for a bit of mischief... xx

By *urocougarCouple  over a year ago

watton

Opinions are like arseholes everyone has one I like to say it like I see it

I try not to get involved with the petty shit that goes on in here some people need to get a life

The swinging world has changed a lot since the internet came about and most of it not for the good of the lifestyle

We go back to the days of letter writing

To meet new couples most in here wouldn’t even be here if we still did that lol

Just my opinion of course

By *dquestCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough

*Grammar"

Enough of all this. Who wants to come round and help me sort out my 28yr old black babe. Salma Hayek look a like. Any offers.

"Enough of all this. Who wants to come round and help me sort out my 28yr old black babe. Salma Hayek look a like. Any offers.

"

What are we going to do to her?

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

Ohhh you get allsorts of folk on here with different personalities. It's what keeps this place interesting. It would be dull if we all had the same attitudes and opinions.

Good question... I thought to begin with we could play I spy moving on to some board games I have in the loft. You did not think we were going to @@@@@@ did you. That would be against the rules lol.

I remember starting a thread on a similar subject "snarky and negative comments" awhile back.

On reflection I realised that whilst sometimes it's easy to pick up on an unkind comment; very often it's my interpretation and discourse that can cause the upset.

We all come on here in different moods or emotional states and sometimes read too much into things? And ultimately most comments are made by strangers so why worry?

Let's be honest "Ha ha you look good" as a response to a posted picture, could mean wow you're hot or,... I'm laughing at your flabby love handles and tiny penis ...depends how secure you felt?

» Add a new message to this topic