FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Social Distancing v Isolation

Social Distancing v Isolation

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Fed up reading in Newspapers and seeing on TV people going out for exercise, shopping etc and then claiming that time in isolation is not good for their mental health..

You are not in isolation. You are social distancing... isolation is not being able to go out your front door for 7.5 weeks, being unable to see your kids..

Rant over..

Celebrities making themselves look stupid in all of this.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I feel sorry for the celebs in isolation in their big houses with swimming pools and surrounded by nice stuff. It breaks my heart...

Yea celebrities need to stop saying were all in the boat

Were not, were in the same storm but in different boats

I don’t think it’s fair to compare situations. Mental health can be affected in any circumstance.

If you were to stub your toe, it doesn’t stop hurting because someone somewhere else has broken their leg.

I think ‘being kind’ should be extended to EVERYONE, and people should be free from judgement of others.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I don’t think it’s fair to compare situations. Mental health can be affected in any circumstance.

If you were to stub your toe, it doesn’t stop hurting because someone somewhere else has broken their leg.

I think ‘being kind’ should be extended to EVERYONE, and people should be free from judgement of others.

"

Well said.

"I don’t think it’s fair to compare situations. Mental health can be affected in any circumstance.

"

Absolutely!

You never know someone's situation, just because they have a pool or they are rich does not mean they are happy and free of mental health issues.

Anyone can suffer with that

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

Absolutely!

You never know someone's situation, just because they have a pool or they are rich does not mean they are happy and free of mental health issues.

Anyone can suffer with that "

Easier to do it in comfort though

Absolutely!

Easier to do it in comfort though"

How is any kind of mental health problem raised to cope with in 'comfort'?

It's the celebs at home on tv that grate my piss. Don't give a shite about your life at home, fuck off.

By *oxychicWoman  over a year ago

Nottinghamshire

"

Well said

By *oxychicWoman  over a year ago

Nottinghamshire

Absolutely!

What utter rubbish having mental health issues wether u got comfort or not dont make it easier

"

No I think its fair to compare situations. As I said before, were all in the same storm but were not all in the boat

Absolutely!

I'd love to sit in my jaccuzi and drink champers, whilst contemplating which doc to speak to, on Skype, about my mental issues.... I get what you're saying!

No I think its fair to compare situations. As I said before, were all in the same storm but were not all in the boat"

Some people dinghies and some super yachts!

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Suffering isn't a competition.

No I think its fair to compare situations. As I said before, were all in the same storm but were not all in the boat

Some people dinghies and some super yachts! "

Exactly.

To be fair, I'm coping just fine in this situation. But I know I would be a lot better if I had loads of land to keep me busy and not having to worry about paying next months rent.

I'd like to be able to sit at home and think, oh you know what, I'm going to order £1000 worth of gym equipment to my house or I'm going into my huge back yard and I'm going sort all them s out etc

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

No I think its fair to compare situations. As I said before, were all in the same storm but were not all in the boat"

Absolutely. I'm not saying that no celebrities have mental health issues or aren't affected by this, but how many are worried about being able to pay the bills this month? How many are having to make the choice between when to eat themselves and when to feed their kids because they don't have enough food? How many are desperate to get back to work to earn money, but petrified of having to use busy public transport to get there? How many have absolutely no outside space and a small home so are literally looking at the same four walls every day? I'm guessing that not many celebrities will be experiencing these types of worries on top of the missing people, not being allowed out etc that are affecting us all.

Absolutely. I'm not saying that no celebrities have mental health issues or aren't affected by this, but how many are worried about being able to pay the bills this month? How many are having to make the choice between when to eat themselves and when to feed their kids because they don't have enough food? How many are desperate to get back to work to earn money, but petrified of having to use busy public transport to get there? How many have absolutely no outside space and a small home so are literally looking at the same four walls every day? I'm guessing that not many celebrities will be experiencing these types of worries on top of the missing people, not being allowed out etc that are affecting us all. "

Absolutely. I'm not saying that no celebrities have mental health issues or aren't affected by this, but how many are worried about being able to pay the bills this month? How many are having to make the choice between when to eat themselves and when to feed their kids because they don't have enough food? How many are desperate to get back to work to earn money, but petrified of having to use busy public transport to get there? How many have absolutely no outside space and a small home so are literally looking at the same four walls every day? I'm guessing that not many celebrities will be experiencing these types of worries on top of the missing people, not being allowed out etc that are affecting us all. "

Exactly this

I’m shielded medically so I am in isolation BUT I’m safe and well I would never moan

barnstaple

Absolutely!

How is any kind of mental health problem raised to cope with in 'comfort'? "

Try having mental health issues on benefits living in poverty.

Absolutely!

Try having mental health issues on benefits living in poverty."

How do you know I don't???

barnstaple

Absolutely!

How do you know I don't??? "

I've worked in this field both in NHS and private hospitals for mental health

My mum IS in isolation and is not allowed for at least 12 weeks. She's been told not to even put her bin out. She has every right to have a bloody moan;she's alone, elderly and can't see anyone.

Absolutely!

Try having mental health issues on benefits living in poverty."

That's the one - I live amongst them and help when I can...

Nice thread everyone with or without mansions

Absolutely!

Really?

Absolutely!

I've worked in this field both in NHS and private hospitals for mental health"

Yet seemingly have little knowledge of it. Poverty can exacerbate mental health but they suggestion wealth can eliminate it or reduces it is completely wrong

I feel sorry for everyone...its a challenging time and something none of us have ever had to deal with.

barnstaple

Absolutely!

Yet seemingly have little knowledge of it. Poverty can exacerbate mental health but they suggestion wealth can eliminate it or reduces it is completely wrong"

They are your words not mine

Absolutely!

Yet seemingly have little knowledge of it. Poverty can exacerbate mental health but they suggestion wealth can eliminate it or reduces it is completely wrong

They are your words not mine"

So you are saying wealth eliminate mental health?

barnstaple

Absolutely!

So you are saying wealth eliminate mental health?"

I didn't say that

Absolutely!

I didn't say that"

You implied it, you also implied I have no idea how it feels to live with mental health problems when you know absolutely nothing about me.

Maybe just think about how your words can be taken before you type or how they can hurt someone else

I wish we could stop sniping at each other. Threads about rich versus poor and the validity of mental health cannot possibly be compared and have a kind outcome on here, it seems.

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple  over a year ago

kent

I have a few thoughts about this. A person’s personal circumstances do not predict or predicate the degree to which they might suffer from mental health issues. The idea that wealthy people suffer less, or poor people suffer more, might seem obvious, but it isn’t the truth. Not then when it comes to mental health. Mental distress is not a comparable condition, it has no respect for wealth or family, fame or status. I suffered severe mental and emotional abuse at the hands of others, so much so that it pushed me to brink of suicide. Twice. Would it have been easier if I was rich? No. No amount of money would have changed anything, or lessoned the scars, trigger and vulnerabilities I have been left with. My personal circumstances don’t affect anything. What does matter is the kindness, compassion, respect, patience, understanding, and - in my case - the forgiveness of others. This has real value, and makes a much bigger difference than money ever could.

barnstaple

Absolutely!

I didn't say that

You implied it, you also implied I have no idea how it feels to live with mental health problems when you know absolutely nothing about me.

Maybe just think about how your words can be taken before you type or how they can hurt someone else"

I didn't imply it, you choose to take it that way. I said nothing about you.

Absolutely!

I didn't say that"

No but you very clearly implied it an earlier post when you said "easier to do it in comfort" and defended that comment with "try living in poverty".

So it's a recurring theme across multiple posts and interpreted the same by a number of posters.

Maybe you could clarify what you meajtbin those comments because arguing "I didn't say that" is nothing but semantics. If I misunderstand I'll be the first to apologise once I understand what it was you meant.

barnstaple

Absolutely!

I didn't say that

No but you very clearly implied it an earlier post when you said "easier to do it in comfort" and defended that comment with "try living in poverty".

So it's a recurring theme across multiple posts and interpreted the same by a number of posters.

Maybe you could clarify what you meajtbin those comments because arguing "I didn't say that" is nothing but semantics. If I misunderstand I'll be the first to apologise once I understand what it was you meant. "

I'm not arguing anything. I stated my experience in the field.

Absolutely!

I didn't say that

Maybe you could clarify what you meajtbin those comments because arguing "I didn't say that" is nothing but semantics. If I misunderstand I'll be the first to apologise once I understand what it was you meant.

I'm not arguing anything. I stated my experience in the field. "

And can you clarify what that is?

barnstaple

Absolutely!

I didn't say that

And can you clarify what that is? "

I've worked in NHS in-patient facilities at Springfield Hospital in Tooting and, The Bethlam. I've also worked at The Priory in Putney. I've worked for years with people living with long term conditions. All whilst battling mental health issues sometimes severe.

How about you ?

Absolutely!

I didn't say that

I've worked in NHS in-patient facilities at Springfield Hospital in Tooting and, The Bethlam. I've also worked at The Priory in Putney. I've worked for years with people living with long term conditions. All whilst battling mental health issues sometimes severe.

How about you ?"

Personally I'm not going to post my CV on a swingers forum...

I didnt ask what you have done. I asked you to explain or clarify your comments about mental health and wealth, they've clearly caused confusion, you keep ascertaining that you didn't say something that people have perceived you have to have said but seem to be completely opposed to explaining what was meant

barnstaple

Absolutely!

I didn't say that

How about you ?

Personally I'm not going to post my CV on a swingers forum...

I didnt ask what you have done. I asked you to explain or clarify your comments about mental health and wealth, they've clearly caused confusion, you keep ascertaining that you didn't say something that people have perceived you have to have said but seem to be completely opposed to explaining what was meant"

You asked me to clarify my experience...

"

Nicely put

By *eoeclipseWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

I think good Charlotte said it best:

https://youtu.be/y-jC3H_8Dk4

As for social distancing....turns out I'm a pro & this is quite normal for us, schools being off is like the summer holidays.

"I wish we could stop sniping at each other. Threads about rich versus poor and the validity of mental health cannot possibly be compared and have a kind outcome on here, it seems."

» Add a new message to this topic