FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Weight loss

Weight loss

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iguyyy OP   Man  over a year ago

whitstable

Hey all! I’d really love to shed some extra lbs that have appeared due to excess baking and just in general eating while being stuck indoors 24/7 has anyone got any advice on diets, or how to stop eating excess food haha! Sounds silly I know but I get very bored and I eat a little treat while watching some tv haha

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oneyjule65Couple  over a year ago

Halifax

"Hey all! I’d really love to shed some extra lbs that have appeared due to excess baking and just in general eating while being stuck indoors 24/7 has anyone got any advice on diets, or how to stop eating excess food haha! Sounds silly I know but I get very bored and I eat a little treat while watching some tv haha"

Watch less TV....?...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Hey all! I’d really love to shed some extra lbs that have appeared due to excess baking and just in general eating while being stuck indoors 24/7 has anyone got any advice on diets, or how to stop eating excess food haha! Sounds silly I know but I get very bored and I eat a little treat while watching some tv haha

Watch less TV....?..."

Lol x

Having a penis reduction surgery would shed a few grams off!

By *eWillMakeYouSquirtCouple  over a year ago

leicester

Keto hard at the start but it gets easier

By *ickie1880Man  over a year ago

Kent

OP, i hear you! I have used the lockdown as a time to do something about it. I am currently sort of cheating and following a very low calorie diet plan thats supplied via meal replacement packs through the post. It was hard to start with, but had gotten easier. With the addition of a 30-40 walk each day, ive dropped 18lb in about 6 weeks.

Eat less move more. Might sound like an over simplification but it works

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

"Eat less move more. Might sound like an over simplification but it works"

Agreed

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I am the same, I have put on a stone in 7 weeks ffs. Ive kept up with my daily squats and lunges and an hours walk but that does not cancel out the boredom eating

I am waiting for gov to set a date so I have a target to adhere to, then its small portions and often to get back to normal, at least my food bill will drop back down again

Calorie counting and exercise is the key. Very simple.

I use My fitness Pal app. It’s free and easy to use.

It will tell you how many calories you should be eating to hit a target weight you set. You can enter pretty much any food and it will tell you how many calories you have had. It will also deduct calories for any exercise you have done

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chesterfield

It’s easier to eat better than to move more. I’m a bugger for snacking at night and I pile the weight on.

Also look at portion sizes.

I started Keto 2 weeks ago and nearly 1 stone down already,I always do Keto this time of the year to get me beach ready lol

I'd say make the most out of your walks and resist the temptation to eat!

I lost 8lbs just before lockdown then gained it all back within a few weeks as isolation messed with my whole routine! I've lost 5lbs over the last couple of weeks from eating less and moving more. It really is that simple but it takes some strength at the moment since we are all stuck at home with nothing to do.

the temptation to overeat*

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

"I'd say make the most out of your walks and resist the temptation to eat!

I lost 8lbs just before lockdown then gained it all back within a few weeks as isolation messed with my whole routine! I've lost 5lbs over the last couple of weeks from eating less and moving more. It really is that simple but it takes some strength at the moment since we are all stuck at home with nothing to do. "

Hello stranger!

By *ublinGirl92Woman  over a year ago

Hell

Track your food. Like write a food diary. Seems like mindless eating is your problem and that nips it in the bud.

Also if you don't buy or bake the food you can't eat it.

Maybe follow YouTube fitness videos instead of baking to cure your boredom.

No need for a huge diet change, just make some small sustainable changes.

"I'd say make the most out of your walks and resist the temptation to eat!

I lost 8lbs just before lockdown then gained it all back within a few weeks as isolation messed with my whole routine! I've lost 5lbs over the last couple of weeks from eating less and moving more. It really is that simple but it takes some strength at the moment since we are all stuck at home with nothing to do.

Hello stranger!"

Hello!! It's good to see you again!

You need to change your attitude towards food. I put on weight in March when lockdown started, but luckily it’s coming off again. All my flat mate said to me was I’m not a dog so why am I treating food like treats?

When i got rid of the idea that high calorie food are treats and started thinking of it as an option, I stopped thinking that I was missing out by not having it. They’re not going anywhere I can have them when I want. But I can also have a healthier option when I want.

"Eat less move more. Might sound like an over simplification but it works"

This works here. Never been on any special diets when I needed to lose some. Plus water before meals.

By *rMrsBrightsideCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle

I've done the opposite and lost weight! I realy didn't want to put on weight during lockdown so I've been mostly good. Not being able to go out for nice lunches or meals has helped. If only I could cut back on the alcohol

"You need to change your attitude towards food. I put on weight in March when lockdown started, but luckily it’s coming off again. All my flat mate said to me was I’m not a dog so why am I treating food like treats?

When i got rid of the idea that high calorie food are treats and started thinking of it as an option, I stopped thinking that I was missing out by not having it. They’re not going anywhere I can have them when I want. But I can also have a healthier option when I want. "

So this. Especially if food is treated like a comfort thing. Which always was a problem for me and must admit returned bit now with the challenges of lockdown. I know its temporary and I have ability to change it. So when I need a treat and I am feeling strong.. what i do is treat myself to a new recipe. A healthy one!

Stop baking! If you don't want to eat it, don't make it. All those little treats add up.

Get rid of all the crap in your kitchen cupboards, and replace it with healthier stuff ie no sugar, low carbs.

Keep a food diary for a few days, so you know how much you are really rating, as opposed to how much you like to think you are eating.

Your weight will drop off!

This is hubbies top tip for weight loss...

"get diagnosed with bowel cancer. I lost four stone in 6 months. Cancer, putting the die in diet"

That last bit he had printed on a t shirt that he wore to his first oncology appointment. No sense of humour doctors....

Eat less, move more.

Absolutely this would work, it's based on the fundamental science that our universe is governed by!

However......what that doesn't consider is the willpower and self-motivation required to maintain that approach. If it was that easy, nobody would be overweight.

You need to find a food and exercise combo that you can maintain, and dare I say enjoy. Then it really is easy!

Personally, Low Carb High Fat works really well for me. Don't count calories, eat when I'm hungry and all the meals are nutritious and filling. My sweet tooth has all but disappeared, and the weight is dropping off.

C

You have to be in a calorie deficit for a long time and do more cardio and weight train, in this time include diet breaks and refeed days.

By *kyblue1878Couple  over a year ago

Southport

Regular exercise. You're allowed an hour, you can do a 10km run in that time or a 15-20 miles bike ride. You can still do press ups, sit ups, squats indoors whatever time of the day. Get a routine and stick to it and you'll probably get away with eating what you like.

"Regular exercise. You're allowed an hour, you can do a 10km run in that time or a 15-20 miles bike ride. You can still do press ups, sit ups, squats indoors whatever time of the day. Get a routine and stick to it and you'll probably get away with eating what you like."

Sorry but have to disagree with this advice. You can't outrun a bad diet.

"OP, i hear you! I have used the lockdown as a time to do something about it. I am currently sort of cheating and following a very low calorie diet plan thats supplied via meal replacement packs through the post. It was hard to start with, but had gotten easier. With the addition of a 30-40 walk each day, ive dropped 18lb in about 6 weeks. "

What is that plan and where can I get it please?

I've lost weight as I'm still working but all my snack options are closed!I consider that a clue......

» Add a new message to this topic