FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Why do we?

Why do we?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Why do a certain sector (me included) of this forum engage in the same old arguments time after time? Nobody ever changed their mind but merely get more entrenched in their views. So why do we come back day after day and churn over the same stuff?

It’s a bit mad really isn’t it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"Why do a certain sector (me included) of this forum engage in the same old arguments time after time? Nobody ever changed their mind but merely get more entrenched in their views. So why do we come back day after day and churn over the same stuff?

It’s a bit mad really isn’t it? "

Yes

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

No it isn't

chelmsford

"No it isn't "

Oh yes it is!

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"Why do a certain sector (me included) of this forum engage in the same old arguments time after time? Nobody ever changed their mind but merely get more entrenched in their views. So why do we come back day after day and churn over the same stuff?

This

"No it isn't

Oh yes it is! "

You’ve both hit the nail on the head! It’s like a weird, online pantomime!

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

"No it isn't

Oh yes it is! "

Panto season already.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

For me it helps with study

By *eeBee67Man  over a year ago

Masked and Distant

To provide the readers with a balanced perspective. To reassure them tin foil hats are not PPE.

By *omplexchiqueTV/TS  over a year ago

Sale

Maybe madness is a bit strong, ..... the human hard wired instinct to bond with likeminded individuals or attempt to convert others with opposing opinions is part of our survival dna. There is also the human fear response (even more hard wired into our character) which attempts to alleviate our fear or at least reduce it to levels we can tolerate in the face of threatening unknowns or uncertainty.

By *onglegs888Couple  over a year ago

Birmingham

I believe Einstein covered this in his definition of insanity lol

chelmsford

"No it isn't

Oh yes it is!

You’ve both hit the nail on the head! It’s like a weird, online pantomime! "

It passes the time

By *ik MMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

This will be the last thread I contribute to in the Virus, or Politics section. The amount of hate on these forums is something to behold...but it’s all in the name of negativity and government bashing so it’s fine. If the intention is to turn these forums into an echo chamber then someone is doing a great job.

Prior to CV19 I only really used the forums for the meets events and parties section and found these added massively to my experience here. If we ever return to anything like real life I will rejoin those threads. Not having access to them would make my Fab existence pretty pointless.

Have fun and play nice folks

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Oh no its not..

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Oh no its not.. "

Bollocks..

Too late..

Just like with Fab, people are seeking people they can connect with.... and just like a status update with a "Hi, I'm here", so too is posting the same content, as a way to attract attention to a view or cause.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

But did you not realise we are all mad people?

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

And why do people keep starting threads complaining about repetitive threads

And why do people keep starting threads complaining about repetitive threads "

I refer the honourable to the post above yours

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I've changed my mind about certain things through reading the forums. There are some things though, that I won't ever change my mind about.

I think it's a shame this is becoming like the politics forum, a few people arguing the same points in an increasingly unpleasant way.

I love a good debate and discussion but like the politics forum this is becoming a subsection of the forum I increasingly dont bother with. The constant point scoring is tiresome to say the least

Because married men playing away need to be slated....

Because people who have bareback sex need to be burned at the cross....

Because men that have sex with other men , need to tell the world they are not gay....

Because People need to let you know how offensive the terms bbc or qos is but bbw is perfectly fine.....

Because MEN constantly need a tutorial of how to compose a profile, send a message, and put pictures up....

chelmsford

"I think it's a shame this is becoming like the politics forum, a few people arguing the same points in an increasingly unpleasant way.

I love a good debate and discussion but like the politics forum this is becoming a subsection of the forum I increasingly dont bother with. The constant point scoring is tiresome to say the least "

politics seeps into a lot of the forums, unfortunately

"I think it's a shame this is becoming like the politics forum, a few people arguing the same points in an increasingly unpleasant way.

I love a good debate and discussion but like the politics forum this is becoming a subsection of the forum I increasingly dont bother with. The constant point scoring is tiresome to say the least

politics seeps into a lot of the forums, unfortunately "

Politics is inextricably linked to the virus, so there's no getting out of it in this forum.

chelmsford

politics seeps into a lot of the forums, unfortunately

Politics is inextricably linked to the virus, so there's no getting out of it in this forum. "

Not all of the threads

» Add a new message to this topic