FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Once upon a time in Hollywood

Once upon a time in Hollywood

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just wasted 2 hours 45 minutes of my life watching this movie absolutely rubbish am I wrong or am I right ? X

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"Just wasted 2 hours 45 minutes of my life watching this movie absolutely rubbish am I wrong or am I right ? X"

The end was okay , ish

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

The dog brandy was the best in the film lol

By *ulahlollipopWoman  over a year ago

Reading/London

"Just wasted 2 hours 45 minutes of my life watching this movie absolutely rubbish am I wrong or am I right ? X"

Agreed- total disappointment for me. But then I’ve never really been into either vintage Hollywood or spaghetti westerns so I think it’s probably a personal taste thing

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yep, bit of a disappointment and a long one at that!

By *heEpicureanMan  over a year ago

Brecon

I enjoyed it but I am a bit of a Tarantino fan boy, it’s a slow burner but the cinematography was awesome and I liked the story/twist on what we all expected to come.

By *B69Woman  over a year ago

Wiltshire

I’m glad you said that, I thought it was just me, didn’t get all the hype for it

"I enjoyed it but I am a bit of a Tarantino fan boy, it’s a slow burner but the cinematography was awesome and I liked the story/twist on what we all expected to come."

Despite being a Tarantino fanboy too, I was advised by a fellow fanboy to not get too hyped for it. I still am yet to watch it.

I watched inglorious bastards, django and h8ful eight in cinema and loved them. Really loved django. I watched h8ful eight on a blisteringly cold night. Felt like I was in the movie!

By *ockle77Man  over a year ago

mids

I enjoyed it , it was a twist on factual events , the Manson , Tate murders etc

Went to the movies without knowing the whole story before hand and had a great time.

Then again it was at some hipster cinema in Berlin drinking beer and having a good time. Might have contributed

lol i went to cinema i walked out, i love Brad and leonardo couldn't watch that crap

Worth it for Margot Robbie

I liked it. So much so, I watched it more than once. I find Tarantino films stand up well to that, you pick up little nuances on further watching.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"I enjoyed it but I am a bit of a Tarantino fan boy, it’s a slow burner but the cinematography was awesome and I liked the story/twist on what we all expected to come.

Despite being a Tarantino fanboy too, I was advised by a fellow fanboy to not get too hyped for it. I still am yet to watch it.

I watched inglorious bastards, django and h8ful eight in cinema and loved them. Really loved django. I watched h8ful eight on a blisteringly cold night. Felt like I was in the movie! "

Django and Inglorious bastards are in completely a different league to this.

Other than the references to the actual people and events there is nothing, the plot is poor and in the most part quite boring , the acting is nothing special, the characters are not that interesting. Can’t say I noticed the cinematography or sound and we watched on decent kit

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Usual modern Tarantino, too long, too self indulgent. Gratuitous feet shots from a guy clearly with a foot fetish, if it was anyone else in Hollywood was exploiting their female actors to perv on their body parts me too would get them.

That said, Brad Pitt was excellent.

But there just wasn't enough story. And it pales compared to his early work.

this was the poorest Tarantino film not good

By *eralt80Man  over a year ago

cork

It wasn’t great at, Tarantino lost his mojo along time ago.

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"I enjoyed it but I am a bit of a Tarantino fan boy, it’s a slow burner but the cinematography was awesome and I liked the story/twist on what we all expected to come."

I agree with this, I really enjoyed it.

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

It's a film for film geeks, like Tarantino, and for those who work in the industry. It has limited appeal beyond them. I enjoyed it but it's obviously not aimed at a wide audience. None of his films are, really.

Pulp Fiction is still his best work - especially the car cleaning scene.

I quite liked it...enjoyed watching it on the big screen which also helped I think....

» Add a new message to this topic