FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Clubs and Parties

Clubs and Parties

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

In a now closed thread some members were discussing costs relating to club entry and some parties.

Most parties are free occasionally a voluntary contribution to wear and tear or other costs is invited.

Some people see parties as a way of increasing personal revenue.

Something that should be considered when visiting the latter ie parties that require payment for entry is that unlike clubs most are breaking many laws.

I am no legal eagle by any means and would more likely be found in the dock than on the bench in any court of law but I do know that clubs have to fullfill many legal requirements that cost a lot of money.

Breaching health and safety is a sure fired way of getting shut down and fire regulations are strictly enforced on clubs, jacuzzi cleanliness is regularly checked by most councils, shower temperatures, drinking water tempertures and so on are tested not just for how hot or cold they are but also for the presence of bacteria.

The numbers present in relation to the number of fire extinghishers and fire exits are monitored.

Legal documentation in the form of membership is usually in place to prevent use of information gained in clubs being used in the media.

And above all Public Liability policies are paid for, fall down the stairs at your favourite club through no fault of your own preventing you from working for 6 months and you should be covered by insurance.

Most of the above is rarely available to you at a party where you have had to pay admission, yet many such venues charge similar prices to clubs.

Private parties where no entry fee is mandatory are a totally different matter of course and about the only regulation you might fall foul of is laws regarding noise, perhaps public indeceny if things spill out onto the lawn or neighbours lawn

Not saying you shouldn't attend whichever party or venue you like but just a thought in defence of those who charge at clubs and those who don't have mandatory entry fees for parties.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

" fire regulations are strictly enforced on clubs"

Hmmm, now there's a thought. I could do a fire safety survey and actually get paid for visiting a club. Win

I'm saying nowt... some clubs should pay people to go.. But wadda I know lol..

Agree with the OP 100% but

While people are soft enough to pay for a "private" party people will keep charging.

By *ouvakMan  over a year ago

clacton on sea

i'd never considered the health and safty aspect of holding a party at home, but then again i hold BBQ's with 50/60 people at home and thats a party too i suppose, but i do have a fire bucket and extingusher to hand and the garden hose for anyone who gets a little to randy lol

" i do have a fire bucket and extingusher to hand and the garden hose for anyone who gets a little to randy lol "
your cooking can't be that bad?

[Removed by poster at 30/09/09 10:36:25]

By *ouvakMan  over a year ago

clacton on sea

" i do have a fire bucket and extingusher to hand and the garden hose for anyone who gets a little to randy lol your cooking can't be that bad? "

hey i'll have you know i'm a prety mean cook ( i eat all my own cooking too ) lol

» Add a new message to this topic