FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Being Active

Being Active

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

How are you managing to keep active and keep your kids active during lockdown? I'm lucky enough to have a garden with trampoline etc. A friend of mine was saying the only really exercise she and her kids gets is when they head for a walk.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Walking and running outside. I'm doing no impact strength workouts inside because I live above an NHS worker who I know does shifts, so I'm trying not to be a dick.

If I couldn't go out for exercise I'd do some sort of aerobic exercise in the parking lot.

By *urls and DressesWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere near here

We go for a daily walk of around 3 miles, Joe Wicks at 9am, yoga in the afternoon and we’re lucky enough to have a large garden and play on the trampoline or football.

And for me, I’m also still working

Manchester (she/her)

If I had kids, and impact wasn't a problem, I'd be doing lots of silly dancing (thinking primary school and younger)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Walks, trampoline, wii fit (but never Joe fkin wicks

We have time in the garden in the afternoon, difficult motivating my 7 year old.

Don't have young kids but me, I do yoga, kettlecise and jog. All on different days.

Tomorrow is my jog day

I've never been so active, I'm renovating a house and working on averaging ten hours a day on it!

By *azzi2010Man  over a year ago

Leytonstone

The kids trampoline, joe wickes and occasionally shred with my wife. I cycle or run every day, although occasionally I break up concrete in my garden with a pick axe.

I run 28372837 miles day

By *andomfodCouple  over a year ago

walsall

Still at work myself, but trying to put together a bit of fitness gear at home. As much as I'd like some weights, I'm not paying the prices they're going for, so I've been hitting the push ups, pull ups and squats at home.

B

"Walking and running outside. I'm doing no impact strength workouts inside because I live above an NHS worker who I know does shifts, so I'm trying not to be a dick.

If I couldn't go out for exercise I'd do some sort of aerobic exercise in the parking lot."

Sounds like your keeping active.

Manchester (she/her)

"Walking and running outside. I'm doing no impact strength workouts inside because I live above an NHS worker who I know does shifts, so I'm trying not to be a dick.

If I couldn't go out for exercise I'd do some sort of aerobic exercise in the parking lot.

Sounds like your keeping active."

It's a mental health/ insomnia thing for me.

By *hunkyThighsMan  over a year ago

Gloucester

Was on joe wicks but got a bit bored. Now just make my own exercises up and do similar timings to joe wicks. As I’ve had a sporting background I’ve had loads of training do on me so got a good idea what to do.

By *ud and BryanCouple  over a year ago

Boston, Lincolnshire

We go for daily walks either in the woods or on the river bank - we're lucky enough to have both within a few yards of our house.

"We go for a daily walk of around 3 miles, Joe Wicks at 9am, yoga in the afternoon and we’re lucky enough to have a large garden and play on the trampoline or football.

And for me, I’m also still working"

I don't do Joe Wicks. Headache

I'm at work and admittedly terribly unfit but I've been trying to exercise on my days off. We are lucky enough to have. A treadmill, rebounder and weights set. Plus doing exercise classes.

I don't..I'm a fat blob

Run most days, if not it’s on the turbo trainer, sometimes both

By *ulfilthmentMan  over a year ago

Just around the corner

Running (may my knees forgive me), and some low impact aerobic workouts indoors when the weather’s poor.

My body seems to be enjoying it so far.

I’m still working so I’m cycling in the evening trying to do 140 miles a week

Walking zumba and hula hoop... occasionally I get my kids to accompany me on a walk. We spend a lot of time in the garden when the weather isn't so shit.

"Walking zumba and hula hoop... occasionally I get my kids to accompany me on a walk. We spend a lot of time in the garden when the weather isn't so shit. "

Haven't done hula hooping in years.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Been doing long wheelchair adventures, around 8-10km, along unmade country lanes, farm tracks etc. The combination of the exercise, challenge and peace and quiet has been lovely. I also bought a basketball post and hoop so I can get back to practising basketball. We've spent lots of time in the garden, our 3yo runs round like a nutter while we're working, no encouragement needed. Our 17yo has been going out skateboarding once a day and for walks.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

I am always active. I have a very physical job and also 2 dogs i walk miles daily. I hate being bored and always on the go.

"How are you managing to keep active and keep your kids active during lockdown? I'm lucky enough to have a garden with trampoline etc. A friend of mine was saying the only really exercise she and her kids gets is when they head for a walk."

Can still work and l train early before work as l find it's the best time to train as l'm fresh from a nights sleep ,so am lucky that my normal routine wasn't affected.

» Add a new message to this topic