FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Please contact your doctor if you have signs of cancer

Please contact your doctor if you have signs of cancer

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

On the BBC news this morning they had an item about the above and to not be put off calling your doctor because you are afraid of getting the virus if you need to go to hospital. I sat there with tears pouring down my face. Why ? because for the last two months I have had symptoms and finally plucked up the courage to call the doctor. She did an urgent referral and yesterday I went to the hospital for a scan. Now waiting for the results. Feel so much better for making that call. I'm doing something positive rather than sat here worrying. The hospital was all set up for distancing, lots of hand sanitizer, and appointments are well spaced out. In fact, I was the only person in the waiting room. So please, if you have symptoms, don't put it off. Be brave

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I hope you dont have to wait for results long and well done for being brave and facing it x

Best of luck to you OP, the worry must have been eating you up inside.

Sending you hugs well done for making the call. Heard the health professionals say same here in Ireland that people aren't getting in touch with their doctors out of fear but other health problems still occurring.

Please God you will get good results and have nothing to worry about.xx

By *isaB45Woman  over a year ago

Fabville

Massive hugs, OP xx

It's a scary time, but as you say, do seek help.

Being in the midst of a global pandemic does not exclude other illnesses.

Wishing you well xxx

"On the BBC news this morning they had an item about the above and to not be put off calling your doctor because you are afraid of getting the virus if you need to go to hospital. I sat there with tears pouring down my face. Why ? because for the last two months I have had symptoms and finally plucked up the courage to call the doctor. She did an urgent referral and yesterday I went to the hospital for a scan. Now waiting for the results. Feel so much better for making that call. I'm doing something positive rather than sat here worrying. The hospital was all set up for distancing, lots of hand sanitizer, and appointments are well spaced out. In fact, I was the only person in the waiting room. So please, if you have symptoms, don't put it off. Be brave "

Hope you're ok, and your mind is put at ease.Xx

Well done for being brave, hope it’s good news for you

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

Well done for taking that step. I hope you don’t have to wait long for the results and I hope for the best outcome for you x

It’s good advice OP

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Well done for taking the first step and I hope your results come back soom and are good news xxxx

That's the best advice I've seen on here in a long time

Best wishes.

By *dam1971Man  over a year ago

Bedford

Hope the results are ok, but you’re very brave to do the right thing.

I was in A&E 2 weeks ago and the waiting room was empty

Well done and this is a good message to inform people. I do hope your results are okay and nothing to worry about.

By *urvySub87Woman  over a year ago

Near Wellingborough

Best of luck, hope you receive good news

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Good luck OP with the results xx

It’s right though don’t let tell tale symptoms put you off calling your doctor, they are still doing other services. Don’t wait, have that talk

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

That must have been awful, weighing up your symptoms and need for treatment against catching the virus from the doctors or hospital.

It's great that you have taken that step and I wish the best of outcomes for you.

It's a great post and really good to highlight this xx

By *ighland gentlemanMan  over a year ago

Ardgay

Urgent cancer referrals from GPs are down by more than half.

For various reasons folk are just not reporting symptoms so will be discovered later with poorer prognosis.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"On the BBC news this morning they had an item about the above and to not be put off calling your doctor because you are afraid of getting the virus if you need to go to hospital. I sat there with tears pouring down my face. Why ? because for the last two months I have had symptoms and finally plucked up the courage to call the doctor. She did an urgent referral and yesterday I went to the hospital for a scan. Now waiting for the results. Feel so much better for making that call. I'm doing something positive rather than sat here worrying. The hospital was all set up for distancing, lots of hand sanitizer, and appointments are well spaced out. In fact, I was the only person in the waiting room. So please, if you have symptoms, don't put it off. Be brave "

Bless you and good luck x great post

Yes it is very important. I wish you well with the results of your test and hope for the best for you.

Thank you everyone reading your messages set me off crying, yet again. What a mess eh lol just hope the thread helps others. Take care x

chelmsford

"Thank you everyone reading your messages set me off crying, yet again. What a mess eh lol just hope the thread helps others. Take care x"

Oh bless you, lovely. I'm sure the thread has helped many. X

By *aurimauriMan  over a year ago

minster Ramsgate

I have done the same. Had a rapid growth on my arm which burst, and kept bleeding. It waited 2 weeks before calling GP. I didn't want to trouble the over burdened hospital. 3 days later, I went to the hospital last tuesdsy just to get assessed. Within 30mins of seeing the Doctor I was having an operation.

I'm telling everyone. Just make the call and let the professionals decide.

chelmsford

"I have done the same. Had a rapid growth on my arm which burst, and kept bleeding. It waited 2 weeks before calling GP. I didn't want to trouble the over burdened hospital. 3 days later, I went to the hospital last tuesdsy just to get assessed. Within 30mins of seeing the Doctor I was having an operation.

"

Good advice again is everything ok now?

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"I have done the same. Had a rapid growth on my arm which burst, and kept bleeding. It waited 2 weeks before calling GP. I didn't want to trouble the over burdened hospital. 3 days later, I went to the hospital last tuesdsy just to get assessed. Within 30mins of seeing the Doctor I was having an operation.

"

Hope all ok now

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

Good for you to finally have it checked out. My dad went for a simple dental check up, ended up being diagnosed with cancer. Very brave of you, and I hope it all turns out well of you xx

chelmsford

"Good for you to finally have it checked out. My dad went for a simple dental check up, ended up being diagnosed with cancer. Very brave of you, and I hope it all turns out well of you xx"

So sorry to hear that x

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Best of luck with it all OP.

By *aurimauriMan  over a year ago

minster Ramsgate

I'm just waiting for results.

But everyone needs to know not to hang back, if they are concerned about something, call the GP.

The system works

chelmsford

"I'm just waiting for results.

But everyone needs to know not to hang back, if they are concerned about something, call the GP.

The system works"

I wish you luck with your results

Good luck OP

Bumping, not because I want the attention, but because this a very important subject and was on GMB Lorraine this morning. Thank you

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple  over a year ago

kent

[Removed by poster at 04/05/20 10:02:40]

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple  over a year ago

kent

We have been in and out of hospital more times than I can count during lockdown. The procedures in place are rigorous. For the most part I had to wait in the car while Ailsa went in alone, and although being separated was distressing, we understood the reasons why. Cancer related diagnosis and treatment pathways are open, nobody should be put off from contacting their doctor because of covid. So please don’t hesitate.

Sending all the hugs in the world OP Xx

"We have been in and out of hospital more times than I can count during lockdown. The procedures in place are rigorous. For the most part I had to wait in the car while Ailsa went in alone, and although being separated was distressing, we understood the reasons why. Cancer related diagnosis and treatment pathways are open, nobody should be put off from contacting their doctor because of covid. So please don’t hesitate.

Sending all the hugs in the world OP Xx"

Thank you hugs and all the very best to you too

By *ingle Beds LassWoman  over a year ago

Bedfordshire

Slightly different story here... my friends dad was 'diagnosed'with asbestososis but needs a biopsy to confirm diagnosis and sadly as asbestososis is terminal there would be no treatment offered, just palliative care. So far, he has had 3 biopsy appointments cancelled and next appointment date us end of July. My friend and her kids who all live with her dad, are in limbo. Not knowing where he is with the illness, if he has weeks or months to live. His health has rapidly deteriorated and still nothing. When shit does happen, they are told to call an ambulance, ask to be taken to a specific hospital as they have his notes?!?!?! but the ambulance wont take them there as it crosses county lines, but the closest hospital they will take him to, is over a county line... ?!?!? It's a disgrace the way he has and is being treated. Hospitals should be operating as usual with no non patients allowed access unless the patient requires a carers help and all covid cases should be sent to the covid hospitals. Pardon me for being cold, but its not only covid folk suffering and dying.

Sorry for bringing your thread down

By *ulfilthmentMan  over a year ago

Just around the corner

"Slightly different story here... my friends dad was 'diagnosed'with asbestososis but needs a biopsy to confirm diagnosis and sadly as asbestososis is terminal there would be no treatment offered, just palliative care. So far, he has had 3 biopsy appointments cancelled and next appointment date us end of July. My friend and her kids who all live with her dad, are in limbo. Not knowing where he is with the illness, if he has weeks or months to live. His health has rapidly deteriorated and still nothing. When shit does happen, they are told to call an ambulance, ask to be taken to a specific hospital as they have his notes?!?!?! but the ambulance wont take them there as it crosses county lines, but the closest hospital they will take him to, is over a county line... ?!?!? It's a disgrace the way he has and is being treated. Hospitals should be operating as usual with no non patients allowed access unless the patient requires a carers help and all covid cases should be sent to the covid hospitals. Pardon me for being cold, but its not only covid folk suffering and dying.

Sorry for bringing your thread down"

I’m not doubting your friend’s version of events but I thought that if you’ve been instructed to attend a specific hospital in an emergency, the ambulance crew are obliged to take you there - it’s not their job to second guess the advice you’ve been given. There’s clearly a medical need otherwise they wouldn’t have been told to do it. It’s no comfort but I would tell them to raise a complaint against the ambulance trust about this.

» Add a new message to this topic