FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Honesty

Honesty

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atricia Parnel OP   Woman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Does it make a difference on whether you would return a large overpayment of change to you, in a big retail shop or a small family business shop...

Just pondering

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

No matter the size of the shop I always returned over change given. It’s rare I use money now though

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"No matter the size of the shop I always returned over change given. It’s rare I use money now though "

This

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

No on the rare occasion it has happened I always gave it back. As I know the sales assistant will be held accountable at the end of day when their till is counted up and they can get in serious trouble for it. So I always hand back if it happens.

Never had it happen so not sure but I guess it would be down to the size of the business as you say and also how far away I was from the shop when I noticed.

100% chance - small business and I noticed just after walking out the door.

0% chance- big chain store and I'm well away with no immediate plans to return that way.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

No difference

If I found a large bag of cash I guarantee one thing.

I would put it through the letter box of someone I knew who need it.

"If I found a large bag of cash I guarantee one thing.

"

You have my address right?

I always let them know including when items have been delivered that shouldn’t have been, which is more likely. Interestingly in the latter case I’ve always been told to keep it rather than return the said item.

Never pay with cash

Give it back. The person on the till has to pay it back otherwise. I know they probably should have been more careful but mistakes happen.

I've had to pay money back at work if I've had money left on the table and I'd been short changed, I had to make up the difference. Also had an old tenner hidden in the middle of a pile for a bill, and I had to put that in too.

People go to work to earn money and it's a kick in the fanny and in the gut when you realise you've been done over

P

It's just good karma to be honest.... I feel so guilty if I only notice after I've left.... I've even driven back to return things. Ive had things in my food delivery before that I didn't order or pay for, and I can't even use it, I normally put it aside if it's non perishable and pop into donation boxes when I'm next there, cause they don't let you return it either .... I have a real dilemma with perishable goods though, cause I hate wasting food aswell.... This is my life..... I've considered that I'm probably on the spectrum, my son has ASD, so probs not a far fetched idea that I may be too lol

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Does it make a difference on whether you would return a large overpayment of change to you, in a big retail shop or a small family business shop...

Just pondering "

Morally no difference at all. The same rule should apply. It would be less difficult to feel a connection to a large store than it would to a small local business I guess but morally ....... no difference.

I always return it as the till wont balance and the staff member may lose their job.

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

As I run a business, I would hate it if that happened to me so therefore when it has happened (a couple of times) I give it back.

The size of the business has no impact because if a large business closes a local shop or whatever it affects local people.

"If I found a large bag of cash I guarantee one thing.

You have my address right? "

who are you?

"Does it make a difference on whether you would return a large overpayment of change to you, in a big retail shop or a small family business shop...

Just pondering "

I would and I have. A few years ago one of the banks paid around $18m AUD to my business bank account. I let them know straight away and since then have had a great relationship with the bank!

» Add a new message to this topic