FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > advice from any ex soldiers please

advice from any ex soldiers please

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

hey guys n gals

could you help some of us fabsters that wish to send packages out to serving soldiers

we want some great idea for what to pop in them so if you could let us know what you loved to recieve whilst you was there or even something you wish had been sent as you missed it badly just let us know here so we can send some seriously kick arse packages out to our boys n girls out there

cheers

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

actually just thought what do we put um in?

gonna go begging at a local shoe shop for shoe boxes i think unless anyone else can suggest something else

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Google;

what to send troops in care packages, MOD.

Big list of what to send and not send. also a biggy, the size of the box or it won't be free to send...

"Google;

what to send troops in care packages, MOD.

Big list of what to send and not send. also a biggy, the size of the box or it won't be free to send...

"

ooo fabulous thankyou

oh ffs that was the page i was already on looking to see where to send them if only i had scrolled down

Just typed showboxes into amazon and they have some great deals. I just ordered 25 of them for £7

Ex soldiers? Errrrr and the others! Lots of Bootnecks plus flyboys out there.

F you need ideas google..........give2thetroops ......its a dor org if you struggle.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

When my nephew was out there last year with 42 cdo RM it was shoebox size basically....

Wine gums

Mintoes

Hard shell chewing gum

Haribos

Puzzle Books

Rolled up Lads mags...Zoo etc.

Noodles

Smints

Dried Apples, Mangos, Cranberries etc.

By *ittle miss flirtWoman  over a year ago

Merthyr Tydfil

They need to be under 2 kilo to have free postage, no chocolate as its too hot over there....toiletries, sweets, biscuits, books, etc

I have a friend in Afghan at the mo so i send one a week over....

Google....support our soldiers, they have reps all over the country that collect parcels.

"Ex soldiers? Errrrr and the others! Lots of Bootnecks plus flyboys out there.

F you need ideas google..........give2thetroops ......its a dor org if you struggle.

"

oh for goodness sake and i thought i was doing good saying guys and gals jeeeze knew i'd cock up somehow

ok ok anyone who has served in any or our services at any time could you help please

i know there are sites full of suggestions but i'm thinking outside the box i'm sure there are things that aren't on these sites that will put a huge grin on the recipients face when they open it

"Just typed showboxes into amazon and they have some great deals. I just ordered 25 of them for £7 "

ooo fantastic, i'll go guilt trip shoe shops first but if no joy amazon ere i come

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

I would just get mine from shoe shops for nothing....when you tell them what they are for they are only too happy to help,

Merthyr Tydfil

You are not allowed to put certain things in when you dont know who you are actually sending them too....religion etc....

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

So to get free postage up to 2kgs it has to go to a named soldier?

And if it goes via the website address for 'random' distibution then UK postage has to be paid?

Am I reading that correctly?

If you're thinking of putting naughty stuff in I wouldn't bother. It's probably hard enough being out there without a "look what fun you could've been having" item pissing them off!!

Babywipes, decent razors, toothpaste, deodorant.

Sweets, crips, cake. Those prefilled plastic cups of hot chocolate. Noodles. Sauces, things like the Branston flavoured chutneys/pickles - anything for flavour.

Daft things from places like the pound shop.

A note of caution however. Please bear in mind that, around Christmas, your kindly meant parcel will join thousands trying to reach theatre so avoid this time as it may block things from home from getting through in time.

Merthyr Tydfil

All parcels get free postage under 2kgs.

Go to save our soldier and find a rep in your area, they send the parcels on your behalf. They can not give out the names of soldiers etc. Put a little card of support in the parcel.

You can only send direct to a soldier of you have their name, rank, reg, bfpo number etc.

"

A note of caution however. Please bear in mind that, around Christmas, your kindly meant parcel will join thousands trying to reach theatre so avoid this time as it may block things from home from getting through in time."

Very good point, so now would be a good time to send as I would guess there is a lot sent round crimble and the slopes off the rest of the year so be a great time to do now

"All parcels get free postage under 2kgs.

Go to save our soldier and find a rep in your area, they send the parcels on your behalf. They can not give out the names of soldiers etc. Put a little card of support in the parcel.

You can only send direct to a soldier of you have their name, rank, reg, bfpo number etc."

Thanks, so if there is no local drop-off point you can send it to Support Our Soldiers UK address, but you have to pay UK postage.

They can then send it on free of postage charge, up to 2kgs...

Haribo, haribo, custard creams oh and the odd deck of cards used to be a treat.

Its great to see people supporting the lads and lasses of all 3 services (although the RAF Regt would only like stuff from the men on this site!!).

Anonumous picture of a woman playing with herself would have created a stir im sure especially with a cheeky message on the back!!

Thanks to all who send.

Perhaps some contact details for chit chat on a social website .... chats online are very theraputic x

paperback book,toilet items ie toothbrush/paste,soap,certain sweets ,depends on time of year cos of weather.cards, comb/brush. we did 1 at xmas (shoebox appeal)and we got a list of girl of what to send, no more than 2kg, but we got quite abit in box,i know what its like to get things from home, nice that someone is thinking of you.

As a been there seen it worn the rotten t shirts hard sweets are the best and if you can some somthing nice like a letter saying what's going on at home as if to a loved one it makes you feel like your wanted

Merthyr Tydfil

I pop the local paper in too, i know it takes 2 wks to get there but he likes to read what been going on back home...

"

Anonumous picture of a woman playing with herself would have created a stir im sure especially with a cheeky message on the back!!

Thanks to all who send."

No problem sending those

But knowing my luck my parcel would go to the Pastor

Just another small point - it's not all blokes out there

There's not a lot of time to be girly but it's nice to have something to remind you you weren't always covered in dust!

"Just another small point - it's not all blokes out there

There's not a lot of time to be girly but it's nice to have something to remind you you weren't always covered in dust! "

Already thought of that, I was going to get stuff for a girlie one too...

There's not a lot of time to be girly but it's nice to have something to remind you you weren't always covered in dust!

Already thought of that, I was going to get stuff for a girlie one too..."

Nice one people often forget us

Nice one people often forget us "

me too i've been thinking of some great girlie stuff to pop in like face packs

"hey guys n gals

could you help some of us fabsters that wish to send packages out to serving soldiers

we want some great idea for what to pop in them so if you could let us know what you loved to recieve whilst you was there or even something you wish had been sent as you missed it badly just let us know here so we can send some seriously kick arse packages out to our boys n girls out there

cheers

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

I served for 10 years in the Scots guards and took part in the Falklands war, we got food parcels and letters looking for pen pals. it is great to receive them. Chocolate is always a favorite item.

Google the MOD and you can get a list of all the BFPO numbers to send to and if they are in a war zone its usually free to send them. hope this Helps

"hey guys n gals

cheers

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I served for 10 years in the Scots guards and took part in the Falklands war, we got food parcels and letters looking for pen pals. it is great to receive them. Chocolate is always a favorite item.

Google the MOD and you can get a list of all the BFPO numbers to send to and if they are in a war zone its usually free to send them. hope this Helps"

cheers hun all advice gratefully recieved

Nice one people often forget us

me too i've been thinking of some great girlie stuff to pop in like face packs "

Awesome, trust me they will be very gladly received :D :D

Last night I ordered a few head massagers off Amazon to use in the shower with shampoo, they were only cheap and thought they might find someone nice to use it on them to relax

I wondered about tampons.. they get given them for free? or would they be a good idea too?

i'm thinking with the girlie ones we should make it obvious on the box its girlie or some poor lad is gonna feel very put out if he gets a box full of tampons, feminax, impulse and face packs

"i'm thinking with the girlie ones we should make it obvious on the box its girlie or some poor lad is gonna feel very put out if he gets a box full of tampons, feminax, impulse and face packs "

When I was on the sire last night, I was reading some of the letters sent back from soldiers, and they all pretty much said that everything gets shared out amongst each other, so I didn't think it would matter if the parcel was mixed.

Merthyr Tydfil

Some of them dont actually have showers, they just have shower bags...check out the official sites for the wanted and needed items...support our soldiers and the MOD sites give lists....No to chocs...it melts in the heat and on average the boxes take up to 2 wks to get there.

On a similar topic, there is a charity called Troop Aid that provides grab bags for injured personnel when they first arrive at the QE in Brum - most will arrive with literally what they were brought in with, no toiletries, no spare underwear, pyjamas, mp3 player, books etc.

Troop Aid provide them with a bag of bits to get them through the hours/days it will take for family to get through, assuming they have family to come to their bedside.

If anyone is interested they do have a good website.

Oh wow that's a great idea I'll check that site out thankyou, I'm trying to rope all my clients in too to all this

Urgh! I mentioned this at work yesterday, and asked for other ideas, and our wanky, arse of an IT guy says...

" As far as I'm concerned, I already pay enough taxes, I'm not giving them any more, they wanted that job they can get on with it"

I know he's entitled to think what he wants but I thought he could've kept that one to himself

He proper put a downer on me mood lol!

"Urgh! I mentioned this at work yesterday, and asked for other ideas, and our wanky, arse of an IT guy says...

" As far as I'm concerned, I already pay enough taxes, I'm not giving them any more, they wanted that job they can get on with it"

I know he's entitled to think what he wants but I thought he could've kept that one to himself

He proper put a downer on me mood lol!"

envy me thinks of the fact even the guys no scratch the the women in the forces have more balls than he does thats why they choose the job and he didn't

I was out in afghanistan in 2009 on a summer tour herrick 10.... Don't know wether you watched the news back then but we were all over the tele an operation called panthers claw!! My point is all the parcels get sent to the main camp "Bastion" so I suggest you find the BFPO for the "FOBS" out in afghan they are forward operating bases. When I was there we didn't receive any mail and I got all of mine when I went back to bastion in the middle of my tour for R n R...... Its a nightmare!

"Urgh! I mentioned this at work yesterday, and asked for other ideas, and our wanky, arse of an IT guy says...

He proper put a downer on me mood lol!

envy me thinks of the fact even the guys no scratch the the women in the forces have more balls than he does thats why they choose the job and he didn't

"

Nobody would want him in their tank anyway... his breath is so bad it stinks up our office

By *ucky_LadsCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Kidderminster+ surrounding areas.

"I was out in afghanistan in 2009 on a summer tour herrick 10.... Don't know wether you watched the news back then but we were all over the tele an operation called panthers claw!! My point is all the parcels get sent to the main camp "Bastion" so I suggest you find the BFPO for the "FOBS" out in afghan they are forward operating bases. When I was there we didn't receive any mail and I got all of mine when I went back to bastion in the middle of my tour for R n R...... Its a nightmare! "

being as you had first hand experience of tour out there am wondering if you can answer please?,years back when i was in TA i used to take with my 48 hour rations some kendalls mint cake which i used to pass round the unit when out tabbing,are they ok and appreciated in the parcels to send out?,i did send parcels during first iraq conflict along with other sweets,mag's,toothpaste/brushes,and razors.

» Add a new message to this topic