FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Forum running club week 18

Forum running club week 18

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ikeC81 OP   Man  over a year ago

harrow

This morning done my first ever 7km. Just over 45 mins (45.13).

Not bad for a hot morning and actually the fact I wasn’t going flat out and keeping a decent pace was good

On an earlier thread someone asked me what got me in to running

Well I used to do 2.25km in gym as part of a 45 min work out. 15 mins on treadmill, 15 on bike, 15 on rowing machine then last year I had a health issue and I was advised not to get back on bike or rowing machine. Then after 9 months decided enough was enough

I started running was struggling at 2/3 km as hadn’t done anything outside for 9 months and had put weight back on. Then i was hovering around the 3.5km / 4km mark and a mate suggested park run and completed it with nearly dying in 31.30 in December.

Since December I am now up to 5km at least every other day with a longer run on a Sunday - which was 7km. Feels good. Aiming sometime this year to do a 10km. Probably had another 0.5km in tank this morning as well. So whilst I know I am a little of a 10km I am sure I will get there in next couple of months!!!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *abonWoman  over a year ago

L’boro/Ashby & Cheltenham

Good for you! I’m on my 3rd summer of dabbling in running. Because if the kids, I can’t get out regularly enough to actually make much progress, so I do a 3-4K route when I can. Usually get a bit faster with fewer - even no - walking bits, but can’t seem to get past that...inspiring what you’ve done...

harrow

"Good for you! I’m on my 3rd summer of dabbling in running. Because if the kids, I can’t get out regularly enough to actually make much progress, so I do a 3-4K route when I can. Usually get a bit faster with fewer - even no - walking bits, but can’t seem to get past that...inspiring what you’ve done..."

For me it was my mate that abused me around a 5km in mid December through mud and puddles!!!!!

Now I just take my music and get in to a routine. I am not the best runner or quickest but it helps my mental health and I can fade away in to my own little world

harrow

Well well today thought I would push the running as it’s a little bit cooler. Anyway a good 29.17 for a 5km this morning a good mid to quickish time for me. It was nice to run a decent time. The course was a bit easier than I am used to but it’s good to get the Km in my legs!!!!

By *irewolffMan  over a year ago

Dublin

I love running. Stopped running every day in the gym before lockdown so took a bit of time before I got it back up to a decent level.

I am in bed contemplating a run or not actually. Went for a run yesterday after lunch. Try & go every day.

MsD

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I’m keeping the distance low at the moment, did a 10km loop on Sunday during the week it’s 4-5 km. I’m mixing it up with turbo training and some S&C work too. I’ll start doing hill repeats soon

I'm around 25 minutes for 5k and that includes the last 2.5km all up bloody hill on my route, but I've been running for years although not so much in the last few months. Keep going op, the health benefits are amazing although we're all prone with annoying musclular niggles.

harrow

"I'm around 25 minutes for 5k and that includes the last 2.5km all up bloody hill on my route, but I've been running for years although not so much in the last few months. Keep going op, the health benefits are amazing although we're all prone with annoying musclular niggles."

I got a calf roller for those niggles!!! That helps. My quickest is a 28.20 (that’s at parkrun) for a 5km so today’s pace was decent enough. Felt proper good getting out even though it was a lot cooler than usual

harrow

[Removed by poster at 28/04/20 08:22:15]

Do you incorporate intervals or fartlek into your training OP?

Fartlek is good training once you're properly in to running, but I found I was prone to niggles with it, so don't do it now.

"Fartlek is good training once you're properly in to running, but I found I was prone to niggles with it, so don't do it now. "

Where did you get niggles, calf?

harrow

"Do you incorporate intervals or fartlek into your training OP? "

Nope not at the moment!!!! Need to get an app that does intervals properly

Mapmyrun isn’t the best for interval training

"Do you incorporate intervals or fartlek into your training OP?

Nope not at the moment!!!! Need to get an app that does intervals properly

Mapmyrun isn’t the best for interval training "

Loads of stuff online, you don’t need an app

"Fartlek is good training once you're properly in to running, but I found I was prone to niggles with it, so don't do it now.

Where did you get niggles, calf? "

Yeah my calves mainly, but also my right upper thigh which was quite odd. Very rare I do it now.

"Fartlek is good training once you're properly in to running, but I found I was prone to niggles with it, so don't do it now.

Yeah my calves mainly, but also my right upper thigh which was quite odd. Very rare I do it now. "

I suffered with dodgy calf’s for ages so I switched from support to neutral trainers that sorted it right out

Yeah my calves mainly, but also my right upper thigh which was quite odd. Very rare I do it now.

I suffered with dodgy calf’s for ages so I switched from support to neutral trainers that sorted it right out "

I don't suffer with normal running, it's the interval/Fartlek stuff that gets me, I may do it every now and then but not for long.

By *mileandwave2017Man  over a year ago

hockley

Well done on the 7km Mike. The 10km will come do another 7km when comfortable and then go to 8 then 9 and before you know it youll hit 10. I love a running and covid is giving me the time to do it, im currently on 91miles for april 3 days left nine miles to go. Thats only 5km a day.

harrow

I am a 121km for the month that includes some walking as well as I tend to do run one day, walk another!!!!

harrow

Well a slow run for 5km in 30.33 was good this morning. After a long run and a quicker run. Overall 17km for the week in avg of 6.10 a km - I can’t complain about that.

Keeping fit ok lockdown

"Well a slow run for 5km in 30.33 was good this morning. After a long run and a quicker run. Overall 17km for the week in avg of 6.10 a km - I can’t complain about that.

Keeping fit ok lockdown "

How are your legs feeling after your run?

harrow

Tired this morning actually - but will do a walk tomorrow and then 48 hours rest till my long slow run on Sunday

They will get stronger and less fatigued but you’re being sensible with plenty of rest a few stretches will help today also

harrow

I have a muscle roller to roll on - I can do that later this evening before bed

That’s the one thing I miss from gym is stretch and flex session as it was helping recovery

"I have a muscle roller to roll on - I can do that later this evening before bed

That’s the one thing I miss from gym is stretch and flex session as it was helping recovery "

I love running it’s very therapeutic for the mind more than anything. I live in the countryside so the views are just unbelievable. Me and my dog (jack russell) who’s like lightening go everyday for a 5 mile run..infact I’m off now. Enjoy guys

Just ran my first ever 10km. 59 mins and 1 second. Proud of that!

By *ophisticatsCouple  over a year ago

Southampton

We run together first thing on a Saturday morning around The Common in Southampton. This morning was chilly and sunny. We did our fastest time yet of 39.40... So dead chuffed! It’s great being with each other for pace... So glad we started running!

By *ophisticatsCouple  over a year ago

Southampton

Meant to say for 5k!

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

I jog. I don’t describe it as running lol. I’ve had some cracking runs (my daily lockdown exercise). I’ve combined it with yoga last thing at night on YouTube. I feel great despite the current madness that around us.

» Add a new message to this topic