FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Why do people block without saying why

Why do people block without saying why

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I was chatting with a couple, friend request sent and accepted and chatting away. On the last message, I tried replying but was informed I couldn’t because I had been blocked. I understand it happens but why do people do it without saying anything

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Because we can

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Because they can and they do. Often no explanation given / required.

Chin up Op. Don't let it affect you

I think sometimes it’s just easier especially if they bombard you with messages

By *h86Man  over a year ago

Glos

Makes me wonder about the person who blocked you, whether it was actually a genuine couple. Or whether they had suddenly decided that you weren't for them, but blocking you instead of saying so after chatting seems a but callous

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I far rather they just said then blocking. Might have overdone it as was nervous but I would have respected their decision if I wasn’t for them

By *adDad13Man  over a year ago

Stockport

I suspect there's a lot of people asking that question. I do! Same happened to me the other day.

Plenty more good people on here so move on to the next chat and don't let it big you as hard as that is!

By *h86Man  over a year ago

Glos

"I far rather they just said then blocking. Might have overdone it as was nervous but I would have respected their decision if I wasn’t for them"

Sadly you'll probably never find out why, but don't let it get to you, chin up and remember there is plenty more out there for you!

I’m not saying

But your blocked

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

I only block when people get on my tits. I get that I'm an acquired taste but gees some people here a judgey

"I was chatting with a couple, friend request sent and accepted and chatting away. On the last message, I tried replying but was informed I couldn’t because I had been blocked. I understand it happens but why do people do it without saying anything "
hi mate. most people are fake time wasters or lesser.then u dont worry good people exist

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I've never told someone why I'm blocking them x

A couple was it?.

Was the guy just wanting to wank over your pics.

Don't worry about it, move on

Take care

Sadly alot give abuse if I suddenly decide its not right. Its easier to block then. I know not everyone does but it cant take the chance xx

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I don't get the problem.

So they are supposed to say what ?

IM GOING TO BLOCK YOU NOW

and then block you ????? weird.

The end result is the same.

Saying something and then blocking someone is downright weird. Weird. Wuh.

By *ruebameMan  over a year ago

from the womb and tryout to get back

"I don't get the problem.

So they are supposed to say what ?

IM GOING TO BLOCK YOU NOW

and then block you ????? weird.

The end result is the same.

Saying something and then blocking someone is downright weird. Weird. Wuh."

Granny and her words of wisdom

By *icks and SucksCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

We (as stated in our profile text) will block people who contact us that we know we wouldn’t play with. This saves both us and them time and effort or pleasantries.

Also those who we haven’t blocked at that first hurdle who suddenly think they can start sending demanding messages or send three or four messages to our one reply. Bombarding folk is not cool!

Everyone has preferences, although we don’t have specific “types” per say based on ethnicity or beards or hair or height etc (you get the point). Simply put not one of us here or anywhere in the world is a “YES” for everyone out there.

By *ndrew CareyMan  over a year ago

Peterborough, Cambridgeshire & Lincolnshire

"I was chatting with a couple, friend request sent and accepted and chatting away. On the last message, I tried replying but was informed I couldn’t because I had been blocked. I understand it happens but why do people do it without saying anything "

The mysteries of Fab, blocking, hiding profiles, etc.

Just shrug my shoulders and move on

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

We do that sometimes when somebody becomes persistent in their messaging. It's rare but occasionally easier than explaining.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I've been blocked by people that I've not even spoken to, diligaf

I tend to get that but don't take it personally....best thing to do is just shrug it off and move on

I block people without telling them first if they keep messaging and im not interested in meeting or chatting, if i have met them and never want to meet them again, if they have sent me a message that put me off them in anyway, if they have said something on the forums that makes me think ewwwww etc. Its usually easier than asking them to stop messaging me.

By *ollycouple71Couple  over a year ago

manchester

"Because we can "

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Blocking is just another filter.

When we were meeting we'd browse ourselves rather than wait for incoming contact.

When we found profiles we'd never be interested in we'd block them. It just meant they wouldn't come up in future searches and we'd never get an unsolicited message from them. It was just a tool.

If after chatting to someone via messages and getting seriously put off - we'd do the same. If it just fizzled out conversation wise we wouldn't.

The only other blocks we've ever applied have been down to abusive messages or identifying someone via the forums who we'd rather never engage with or have viewing our profile.

It's just a permanent filter.

A

By *quaman87Man  over a year ago

ramsey

just had the same thing happen weird lol

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

Not nice. Don’t let it get to you. The moment you overthink Fab it’s time to leave.

I block anyone that says thanks but no thanks. I don’t want to embarrass them again in the future by messaging them again.

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

Maybe the couple felt the conversation was not going anywhere that they wanted to go . Were you sending 3 word messages perhaps ?

This is a mans world

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

"I far rather they just said then blocking. Might have overdone it as was nervous but I would have respected their decision if I wasn’t for them"
I am sure you would have respected their decision still it’s done and dusted now unless they use the forums and see this and decide to unblock you explain their reasons and then block you again.Don’t beat yourself up about it just move on.

Because its allowed

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chesterfield

I’ve also had this. Assumed it was because I took too long to reply but who knows?

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Sorry OP but most of the "couples " that contact me are blatantly just the Male half or a random Male.

Cos some are ignorant. Some maybe have been chatting behind partners back maybe.

I get blocked a lot when sending my face pic.

Must be fugly

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Happens a lot. Just block them back and move on. If I email someone and it's deleted without reply, same thing...block and move on.

» Add a new message to this topic