FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Key worker

Key worker

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ad ste OP   Man  over a year ago

Southport

Ok so in the mayhem of all this I have been given the label of key worker along with many others for me personally it is not a title I like as Ido not possess any particular skill un like real key workers eg nurses doctor fire peeps the only skill I have is being able to work 15 hours a day not really a key skill at the end of the day the only thing that has changed for me is a massive drop in my income for my business and on the personal side I carnt see my son as I am at hi risk of getting it and he has his problems as well just having a little rant on hear what is your thoughts hope your all well and safe

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Respect.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

If you're a key worker whatever it is you're doing is important. It's likely that we couldn't function well without it.

Sorry you can't see your son Ste. It's horrible isn't it.

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

I am sorry that you can't see your son. I appreciate just how difficult that is, especially on top of everything else.

I am thankful for anyone who is out working and not for just medical staff.

Respect to you..Belle x

Southport

"If you're a key worker whatever it is you're doing is important. It's likely that we couldn't function well without it.

Sorry you can't see your son Ste. It's horrible isn't it. "

I am a self employed same day courier I move anything from a single vile of blood to industrial plant parts and lots of random stuff in between this hasn't changed since covid-19 I am just doing what I do nothing special to is associated gratitude that comes with the lable key worker I never needed this before I don't need it now this should be saved for those that are real key workers this is just my personal feelings about me and my situation I mean no disrespect to any one else no matter there situation

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

I know how you feel OP. At first I was a little bitter about it as I'm working much harder for no extra money while most other people get to stay home and some don't even have to do any work. Though of course there are those who aren't getting any financial support which is awful. Also as time has gone on I've seen the effect the isolation is having on some people, especially those who live alone. In a strange way I'm now glad to still be working as I still get some social interaction.

I'm really sorry to read about your son. I'm struggling not being able to see my mum too, especially as she's working in ITU. Sending lots hugs. It seems we've reached the peak so while life won't be returning to normal for a long time, hopefully we will start seeing some restrictions lifted in a few weeks. Maybe then you can go and visit your son and keep a 2m distance or speak through a window/glass door? I know it's not the same but it's something .

Liverpool

"If you're a key worker whatever it is you're doing is important. It's likely that we couldn't function well without it.

Sorry you can't see your son Ste. It's horrible isn't it.

I am a self employed same day courier I move anything from a single vile of blood to industrial plant parts and lots of random stuff in between this hasn't changed since covid-19 I am just doing what I do nothing special to is associated gratitude that comes with the lable key worker I never needed this before I don't need it now this should be saved for those that are real key workers this is just my personal feelings about me and my situation I mean no disrespect to any one else no matter there situation "

As a healthcare worker I entirely disagree. You're putting yourself at risk and and sacrificing being able to see your son in order to keep working to enable the health service to keep running. You deserve that gratitude in buckets just as much.

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

I’m a key worker but not in the emergency services either, but the products we supply to the NHS, those making ppe and food manufacturing operations etc makes us a vital link, it’s not all about looking after the patients it’s about each of us stepping up in our roles to aid and assist the vital services, we all play our part

Southport

"I know how you feel OP. At first I was a little bitter about it as I'm working much harder for no extra money while most other people get to stay home and some don't even have to do any work. Though of course there are those who aren't getting any financial support which is awful. Also as time has gone on I've seen the effect the isolation is having on some people, especially those who live alone. In a strange way I'm now glad to still be working as I still get some social interaction.

I'm really sorry to read about your son. I'm struggling not being able to see my mum too, especially as she's working in ITU. Sending lots hugs. It seems we've reached the peak so while life won't be returning to normal for a long time, hopefully we will start seeing some restrictions lifted in a few weeks. Maybe then you can go and visit your son and keep a 2m distance or speak through a window/glass door? I know it's not the same but it's something ."

We talk on the phone and I will drop him off his fave food at the door due to his problems he is not talkative in the first place just makes it extra hard

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Im classed as a key worker according to my company, but i don't agree that my company is as important as the NHS or supermarkets.

Southport

"I’m a key worker but not in the emergency services either, but the products we supply to the NHS, those making ppe and food manufacturing operations etc makes us a vital link, it’s not all about looking after the patients it’s about each of us stepping up in our roles to aid and assist the vital services, we all play our part "

I agree we all need to play our own roles at this time from the NHS to peeps at home respect to all

I cant see people I care about due to my work.

was difficult at first for maybe a day then I just focused on what I have to do.

Liverpool

"I know how you feel OP. At first I was a little bitter about it as I'm working much harder for no extra money while most other people get to stay home and some don't even have to do any work. Though of course there are those who aren't getting any financial support which is awful. Also as time has gone on I've seen the effect the isolation is having on some people, especially those who live alone. In a strange way I'm now glad to still be working as I still get some social interaction.

I'm really sorry to read about your son. I'm struggling not being able to see my mum too, especially as she's working in ITU. Sending lots hugs. It seems we've reached the peak so while life won't be returning to normal for a long time, hopefully we will start seeing some restrictions lifted in a few weeks. Maybe then you can go and visit your son and keep a 2m distance or speak through a window/glass door? I know it's not the same but it's something .

We talk on the phone and I will drop him off his fave food at the door due to his problems he is not talkative in the first place just makes it extra hard "

That must be really hard. I'm so sorry you're going through that.

Southport

We talk on the phone and I will drop him off his fave food at the door due to his problems he is not talkative in the first place just makes it extra hard

That must be really hard. I'm so sorry you're going through that."

Thank you

Thea's thing are sent to test us to see what we are maid of my small problems pale in comparison to what is going on for so many others

Liverpool

Thank you

Thea's thing are sent to test us to see what we are maid of my small problems pale in comparison to what is going on for so many others "

Pain isn't a competition and you're still allowed to hurt. Glad you're staying strong through but it's okay not to be.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Thank you

Thea's thing are sent to test us to see what we are maid of my small problems pale in comparison to what is going on for so many others

Pain isn't a competition and you're still allowed to hurt. Glad you're staying strong through but it's okay not to be."

Southport

Thank you

Pain isn't a competition and you're still allowed to hurt. Glad you're staying strong through but it's okay not to be."

Couldn't agree more it is a stronger man women that can cry than one that can't

Liverpool

Thank you

Pain isn't a competition and you're still allowed to hurt. Glad you're staying strong through but it's okay not to be.

Couldn't agree more it is a stronger man women that can cry than one that can't"

I'm really sorry to read about your son. I'm struggling not being able to see my mum too, especially as she's working in ITU. Sending lots hugs. It seems we've reached the peak so while life won't be returning to normal for a long time, hopefully we will start seeing some restrictions lifted in a few weeks. Maybe then you can go and visit your son and keep a 2m distance or speak through a window/glass door? I know it's not the same but it's something ."

I have days where i am the same ,working full time from home, working many extra hours to get through stuff that takes longer at home, for no extra pay and i still have the solo isolation getting to me on top of that,while watching my social media fill up with people clinking glasses in a hot tub in the garden in the sun,

But then i remind myself i still have a wage, the work is keeping me busy and therefore sane, and i am not out there putting myself at risk like many others still working

Its only natural when we all are coming from it from different angles to have different niggles and different things to be thankful for and its just about keeping that balanced in our heads

I saw a really good poem online about how we might all be in the same storm but not necessarily in the same boat that demonstrated it really well

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

I am a key worker caring for elderly people with dementia but not able to see my own elderly mother who lives alone. This i am finding hard.

Found the post ...

WE ARE NOT IN THE SAME BOAT ...

I heard that we are all in the same boat, but it's not like that. We are sailing in the same storm, but not in the same boat. Your ship could be shipwrecked and mine might not be. Or vice versa.

For some, quarantine is optimal. A moment of reflection, of re-connection, easy in flip flops, with a cocktail or coffee. For others, this is a desperate financial & family crisis.

For some that live alone they're facing endless loneliness. While for others it is peace, rest & time with their mother, father, sons & daughters.

Some are bringing in extra money with endless overtime, Others are working more hours for less money due to pay cuts or loss in sales. Others no longer have a job.

Some families of 4 will receive £5000 per month from the stimulus while other families of 4 will see £0 for the duration of it.

Some were concerned about getting a certain chocolate for Easter while others were concerned if there would be enough bread, milk and eggs for the weekend.

Some want to go back to work because they don't qualify for unemployment and are running out of money. Others want to kill those who break the quarantine and are seen outside.

Some are home spending 2-3 hours/day helping their child with online schooling while others are spending 2-3 hours/day to educate their children on top of a 10-12 hour workday.

Some have experienced the near death of the virus, some have already lost someone from it and some are not sure if their loved ones are going to make it. Others don't believe this is a big deal.

Some have faith and expect miracles during this 2020. Others say the worst is yet to come.

So, friends, we are not in the same boat. We are going through a time when our perceptions and needs are completely different.

Each of us will emerge, in our own way, from this storm. It is very important to see beyond what is seen at first glance. Not just looking, actually seeing.

We are all on different ships during this storm experiencing a very different journey so don't judge others by what's happening in your boat, we are all just fighting our way through the storm.

Good luck to you all and we'll see you in the calm

Edit: obviously i only expected for a few friends to see this , i had no idea it would resonate with so many people, so for those that want to know, i adapted and added to a poem by unknown author to suit the current climate and hopefully bring some of you a sense of calm.

Southport

"Found the post ...

WE ARE NOT IN THE SAME BOAT ...

I heard that we are all in the same boat, but it's not like that. We are sailing in the same storm, but not in the same boat. Your ship could be shipwrecked and mine might not be. Or vice versa.

For some, quarantine is optimal. A moment of reflection, of re-connection, easy in flip flops, with a cocktail or coffee. For others, this is a desperate financial & family crisis.

For some that live alone they're facing endless loneliness. While for others it is peace, rest & time with their mother, father, sons & daughters.

Some are bringing in extra money with endless overtime, Others are working more hours for less money due to pay cuts or loss in sales. Others no longer have a job.

Some families of 4 will receive £5000 per month from the stimulus while other families of 4 will see £0 for the duration of it.

Some were concerned about getting a certain chocolate for Easter while others were concerned if there would be enough bread, milk and eggs for the weekend.

Some want to go back to work because they don't qualify for unemployment and are running out of money. Others want to kill those who break the quarantine and are seen outside.

Some are home spending 2-3 hours/day helping their child with online schooling while others are spending 2-3 hours/day to educate their children on top of a 10-12 hour workday.

Some have experienced the near death of the virus, some have already lost someone from it and some are not sure if their loved ones are going to make it. Others don't believe this is a big deal.

Some have faith and expect miracles during this 2020. Others say the worst is yet to come.

So, friends, we are not in the same boat. We are going through a time when our perceptions and needs are completely different.

Each of us will emerge, in our own way, from this storm. It is very important to see beyond what is seen at first glance. Not just looking, actually seeing.

We are all on different ships during this storm experiencing a very different journey so don't judge others by what's happening in your boat, we are all just fighting our way through the storm.

Good luck to you all and we'll see you in the calm

Edit: obviously i only expected for a few friends to see this , i had no idea it would resonate with so many people, so for those that want to know, i adapted and added to a poem by unknown author to suit the current climate and hopefully bring some of you a sense of calm."

I hope you don't mind IV copy and paste this to a few WhatsApp friends it may help give the a bit of peace thank you xx

Sorry to hear that, it must be hard not seeing your son.

If you're considered a key worker then what you're doing is important, and you are one of the people helping keep the country going

This may be unpopular view but everyone is a key worker the shop assistants just to name one group must be pissed off at all the nurses doctors etc( who do do a marvellous job) getting all the attention.

On a personal note I do miss my son and in particular my first grandchild 3-weeks old I haven't been able to see which is hard.

But I'm not the only one just shit for every one

Southport

"This may be unpopular view but everyone is a key worker the shop assistants just to name one group must be pissed off at all the nurses doctors etc( who do do a marvellous job) getting all the attention.

On a personal note I do miss my son and in particular my first grandchild 3-weeks old I haven't been able to see which is hard.

But I'm not the only one just shit for every one"

Controversial but true on different levels for different ppl the only answer for me is to share the love and understanding no matter the circumstances

"I hope you don't mind IV copy and paste this to a few WhatsApp friends it may help give the a bit of peace thank you xx "

Share away, i didn't write it just saw it online and shared

Southport

"I hope you don't mind IV copy and paste this to a few WhatsApp friends it may help give the a bit of peace thank you xx

Share away, i didn't write it just saw it online and shared "

My sun surprised me and said I brought him a little peace so thank you for the effort ??

» Add a new message to this topic