FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > 56 up

56 up

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ittle_brat_evie!! OP   Woman  over a year ago

evesham

am realy enjoying this programme, seeing the children grow up and the different fashions lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Quite a lot more is going on than the fashions.

I've followed this for years, and it is shaping up to be quite a social document.

I believe another version was started a few years ago as well.

what does appear to be a bit of a shame is way in which the people taking part have become a little more media savvy: Last week makes the case with a chap only appearing on the show, after I believe missing two seven year interludes, to promote his music - which happened to be realy rather rubbish.

However, the show has been criticised from the start for being to obviously led by comparing class devissions.

I believe that to one of its strong points.

Programmes or projects like this are a good thing on many levels. A great piece of social documentary.

as you were!

By *ittle_brat_evie!! OP   Woman  over a year ago

evesham

but really i guess the whole thing about people becomming more media savvygoes in line with te social experiment....People are more aware of how to use the media to their benefit these days, look at all the z list celebs and 'it' girls

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Michael Apted has said that it is a big regret that they didn't feature more girls and black people. I think the class divisions that were prevalent 50 years ago have really helped shaped this narrative though. Very interesting looking at Nick and Suzy!

I do wish they would allow it more time as 3 episodes to cover 13 participants just isn't enough.

I can't wait to see how Bruce has developed, especially after seeing Neil last week. I wonder if their friendship has survived? They were an odd pair sitting in mother's kitchen 14 years ago.

» Add a new message to this topic