FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Im Shy

Im Shy

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ittle_brat_evie!! OP   Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Ok, i know no a lot of you will agree with this but i am lol

when people ask for my number i explain to them that i prefer to text initially as i get very shy on the phone

this has caused my genuinness (is that a word???) to be called ito question.

I'm not fussed, i know i am genuine, but is it really that much of a deal breaker not talking on the phone? i am not saying i never do it, it just takes time for me to feel comfortable with it

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I hate talking on the phone and it always feels un-natural and stilted to me. Texting is so much easier, and I've met several guys who are happy with that.

I also hate camming and chatting online so people probably think I'm a right fraud.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm exactly the same hon, have to really pluck up the courage to speak on the phone.. although once I do, I'm usually fine. Still get nervous though

evesham

best part of it is i work in a call centre haha

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I wouldnt ring someone first, they have to ring me usually. But then im fine but by the time it comes to the phone call stage i usually know we have stuff in common.

What surprises people about me(when im sober) is that im coy and can blush really easily

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"best part of it is i work in a call centre haha"

I used to too! Perhaps we're just tired of it when we get home.

By *ursevampsWoman  over a year ago

bucks

i pefer to talk through messages no expectations to say somethin gright then gives time to think what i gunna say and make it good on phone you c=get brain freeze lol

At least you have the number! I just binned a potential meet because he refused to grace me with his!

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Can't be doing with texters.

I phone or they phone.

Texting is sooooooo annoying.

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

It is a deal-breaker for me.

My thinking is if someone cant have a quick conversation with me on the phone, how are they going to have that nervous first conversation with me when we meet face to face?

Lesson-learned from once just chatting with someone by text before we met, and when we did he was so nervous he couldnt string a sentence together....

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

i can understand what you mean,but i prefer a phone call,you dont get the tone of the conversation in a txt,i can be quite funny in real life but it doesnt always come across in txt or msg,

I couldnt imagine meeting someone i hadnt spoken to on the phone. What if they had a joe pascale voice

evesham

i do speak on the phone once i feel comfortable and brave enough lol

Yeah I hate talking on the phone too, especially for the first time with a stranger. I am however, quite comfortable when meeting new people as you can use body language, eye contact etc.

Just the phone like someone else said, seems stilted.

"i do speak on the phone once i feel comfortable and brave enough lol"

Nah couldnt be arsed with that.

Maybe a couple of texts to confirm phone numbers and then 'Are you free if I call now?, but thats about it....

By *harax1985Man  over a year ago

Edlington

Urgh, I hate talking on the phone. I wouldn't refuse to, and I can tell how that would make people suspicious, but still..makes me uneasy.

I worked in a call center too, funnily enough, but I was tech support *for the phones*, so if they could call to tell me there was a problem, chances are there wasn't much of a problem!

Mind you, once im on the phone i never shut up lol. A friend of mine rang once and all of a sudden he said pause, i said whats up he said weve been on the phone 20 minutes and ive not said anything yet lol

I bet youre all crap at phone sex!

evesham

"i do speak on the phone once i feel comfortable and brave enough lol

Maybe a couple of texts to confirm phone numbers and then 'Are you free if I call now?, but thats about it...."

god you're so demanding!!!

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Mind you, once im on the phone i never shut up lol. A friend of mine rang once and all of a sudden he said pause, i said whats up he said weve been on the phone 20 minutes and ive not said anything yet lol"
Now that i can believe

"i do speak on the phone once i feel comfortable and brave enough lol

Maybe a couple of texts to confirm phone numbers and then 'Are you free if I call now?, but thats about it....

god you're so demanding!!! "

Too bloody right!

"Mind you, once im on the phone i never shut up lol. A friend of mine rang once and all of a sudden he said pause, i said whats up he said weve been on the phone 20 minutes and ive not said anything yet lolNow that i can believe "

Hark whose talking, not only can i not get a word in edgeways i have to decipher everything you say

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Mind you, once im on the phone i never shut up lol. A friend of mine rang once and all of a sudden he said pause, i said whats up he said weve been on the phone 20 minutes and ive not said anything yet lolNow that i can believe

Hark whose talking, not only can i not get a word in edgeways i have to decipher everything you say "

cheeky bint!

"At least you have the number! I just binned a potential meet because he refused to grace me with his! "

You can have mine

I talk all day either face to face or on the phone when driving.

I still get nervous when talking to someone from here for the first time. It's good though as it shows I care.

I like to communicate by text though.

"Ok, i know no a lot of you will agree with this but i am lol

when people ask for my number i explain to them that i prefer to text initially as i get very shy on the phone

this has caused my genuinness (is that a word???) to be called ito question.

I'm not fussed, i know i am genuine, but is it really that much of a deal breaker not talking on the phone? i am not saying i never do it, it just takes time for me to feel comfortable with it"

I honestly thought i must be the only one tht felt like this - in a chat room i can chat all night, can text banter and email/msn but ring me or ask me to ring and i crumple and become a bimbo - lose all my faculties - bizzarre

Forum Mod

If someone that I want to meet wants a chat on the phone then im happy to talk to them,its nice to get a real feeling for how someone comes across while talking to me rather than via messages on here

Ive had some people that I can talk to as if ive known them for years which is a total pleasure and others that have been a struggle to talk to,for me its better to find that out sooner rather than later

Nah I also like to text, it allows me to answer in my own time, and being put on the spot over the phone can make me nervous; I'm also shy in clubs though. I would never walk over to someone and outright speak to them, I like to smile and show them I'm interested first.

I'm a listener, thats not to say I dont have my thoughts and dont say anything; more that I like to let people talk; you can learn a lot from listening to someone

I prefer to text too, I am not a fan either of chatting on the phone; I have done it with a couple of lovely members on here but in the past, I have had guys ring me during the day knowing I was at work, they didn't understand why I couldn't chat to them and I just found it very off putting. Also some wanted to chat in the evening but I don't live alone, yes I suppose I could nip outside into the garden but I just prefer to text as that way I don't have to make excuses to my son as to who that is and what is going on.

And now that my son is using my old mobile that I used for swinging, I cannot phone or text as I am not giving anyone my IPhone number

I come across even more abrupt on the phone than in person, hence I prefer not to speak over the phone unless I have to.

"

I have had guys ring me during the day knowing I was at work, they didn't understand why I couldn't chat to them and I just found it very off putting. Also some wanted to chat in the evening but I don't live alone,

"

I just arrange a time that we are both free to talk.

And if they called when I had asked them not to, then that would be enough for a bye-bye from me....

By *heekychezzaWoman  over a year ago

warrington

"I couldnt imagine meeting someone i hadnt spoken to on the phone. What if they had a joe pascale voice"

I learned that lesson the hard way

"I bet youre all crap at phone sex! "

Oh you would love me on the phone I sound like a dead posh perv

im just crap at sex. crap at bjs, phone sex dont do cam or text think i will give up while im ahead

im just crap at sex. crap at bjs, phone sex dont do cam or text think i will give up while im ahead

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

I have a bit of a phone phobia and don't even really like chatting to family and friends on it, let alone people I don't know.

Always end up getting tongue tied and sounding like an idiot.

Much prefer to meet and chat face to face.

"It is a deal-breaker for me.

My thinking is if someone cant have a quick conversation with me on the phone, how are they going to have that nervous first conversation with me when we meet face to face?

Lesson-learned from once just chatting with someone by text before we met, and when we did he was so nervous he couldnt string a sentence together...."

You are so right there

some guys will just do it as a way to get your telephone number, be carefull who you do as to be fair only takes one person out of 20 good guys for you to regret giving it out !

"some guys will just do it as a way to get your telephone number, be carefull who you do as to be fair only takes one person out of 20 good guys for you to regret giving it out !"

The beauty of having a seperate 'perv phone' with disposable SIM cards

Lost my voice Saturday night, could talk but painfully, and volume was not a possibility, so kept to a minimum had a great night with several lovely people in the club... therefore I think I should either work on my chat up lines or just not talk at all

"Lost my voice Saturday night, could talk but painfully, and volume was not a possibility, so kept to a minimum had a great night with several lovely people in the club... therefore I think I should either work on my chat up lines or just not talk at all "

with me you dont need a chat up line.

your great body does all the chat for you already

By *habsMan  over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

"some guys will just do it as a way to get your telephone number, be carefull who you do as to be fair only takes one person out of 20 good guys for you to regret giving it out !

The beauty of having a seperate 'perv phone' with disposable SIM cards "

Always have a play phone

As for the phone, whilst I'd like to speak on the phone, a lot of women don't want to, or and many that do prefer to take my number then ring from witheld numbers... then wonder I can't/don't contact them. lol.

Not that many I can contact these days for a chat.

By *kyblue2681Woman  over a year ago

manchester

I work in a call centre also so totally agree the last think i wanna do is talk over the phone but i get why people like it

I prefer text as then i don't feel embarrassed about talking about certain things such as sexting as phone sex is not my thing im terrible at it

I do like to speak to someone on the phone but enjoy texting equally, I'm quite shy at first and texting can be a good way to break the ice.

Sabrina hates phoning or being called to the phone to speak - always has so we don't do it !

If folk don't like it , their loss

» Add a new message to this topic