FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Fitness trackers/smart watches

Fitness trackers/smart watches

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So I’m talking fitbit/garmins or a Samsung/Apple smart watch .

Do you have one?

Are they useful?

What would you recommend?

Smart watches are more expensive and their secondary use is fitness tracking, so I imagine a Fitbit is better (exercise wise) than an Apple Watch?

Cheers!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *he Mac LassWoman  over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

I have a Fitbit Inspire which is the cheaper end of the range. Does everything I need it to do including link to my phone to notify me of calls and messages. I've had a Fitbit for years now and I do find it really motivating. I don't think I would upgrade to a more expensive version.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have a Garmin forerunner 35. When I first got it, I was obsessed with tracking everything I done. I'm not quite as obsessed these days but I've never git it off and I do enjoy tracking dog walks, gym sessions and cycle runs.

"So I’m talking fitbit/garmins or a Samsung/Apple smart watch .

Do you have one?

Are they useful?

Smart watches are more expensive and their secondary use is fitness tracking, so I imagine a Fitbit is better (exercise wise) than an Apple Watch?

Cheers! "

I have the Polar V8p0 and I absolutely love it. It tracks all sports very accurately including swimming, it also connects to strava as well as it's own tracking platform which is an app or online, it comes with a separate HR monitor for accurate readings

"So I’m talking fitbit/garmins or a Samsung/Apple smart watch .

Do you have one?

Are they useful?

Cheers!

I have the Polar V8p0 and I absolutely love it. It tracks all sports very accurately including swimming, it also connects to strava as well as it's own tracking platform which is an app or online, it comes with a separate HR monitor for accurate readings

"

Meant to say V800***

By *irewolffMan  over a year ago

Dublin

I got a Fitbit Charge at Xmas. Love it. Find it very easy to use and looks nice too.

MsD

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Got a free Samsung Active with my phone.

I occasionally look at the notifications when it vibrates to save pulling my phone from my pocket and it's interesting looking at the sleep tracker....but I don't do anything exciting with it.

A

I have a £30 Honor Band and that works just fine for my needs.

I got the Apple Watch 5 for Christmas but I don’t see what amazing functions it has. Maybe I’m using it wrong. I’d suggest something much cheaper

I have an Apple Watch series 5, works a treat, swimming, cycling, running and gym workouts.

By *kyblue1878Couple  over a year ago

Southport

Garmin forerunner 920XT that we both have for triathlon but you can use it for individual disciplines. Synchs with Strava and the Garmin connect app. Bulletproof, bought it secondhand and used it everyday for the last 2 years. Pick them up cheap secondhand online.

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Garmin fenix 3

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Had a couple of fitbits, nice at first but they look like cheap plastic shit and after a year or two the idea stops working , or they break.

I think I’ll wait for the RFID implant tbh , wearable tech peaked already but is a flawed idea and RFID will be mainstream within 1-2 years because of COVID-19

I use my Apple Watch for running and working out. It’s not cellular so can’t call from it but can download my playlists onto it and it tracks everything and updates it to your phone when you get back. I love that I can now go running, listen to my music And track my fitness without having to take my phone with me. Feels like running naked

By *ichaelsmyMan  over a year ago

douglas

the first question would be how active are you and how active are you wanting to be?

I've had a fitbit charge 3, for a few years. they are ok if you want the cheaper end of the market to see what exercise you are doing and sleep etc. I mean they do the job.

I've had a couple of the straps and things break, but they changed the design for the newer ones so they seem to last better.

the battery life is pretty good as well.

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I have a Fitbit Blaze that I am really happy with.

Quality metal face that you can swap into different straps. I have a metal strap and use it as my every day watch.

Can get apps for your phone that do everything for a fraction of the price . Highly recommend before spending fortunes possibly unnecessarily

Ah, just the thread I need.

What would be good for less than £50 and link up to Strava? What makes one better than another?

By *urious couple22Couple  over a year ago

Derby

I use a Samsung Galaxy Watch Bluetooth 46mm -  for every day use and when im training I use the samsung gear fit 2.

it's great for swimming tracks your laps and times steps everything seems very accurate on the gear although the galaxy I'm inbetween how accurate that actually is.

don't get one.

you'll be forever checking blood pressure etc.

people existed perfectly without this crap its just another product invited to take money from fools.

and look how many there are

Yes I use a tracker. I track my steps on my samsung mobile

I have one. Garmon Vivoactive 3. Absolutely love it, especially for swimming.

I had the FitBit Blaze before and I loved that too however it couldn’t be used for swimming so I upgraded!

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"don't get one.

people existed perfectly without this crap its just another product invited to take money from fools.

and look how many there are"

I'm happy to be a fool

Mine does not measure blood pressure

However it does measure resting heart rate and sleep

My resting heart rate is absolutely a direct correlation to my health respiration and well being which I effectively use to coordinate my rest nutrients and training intensity and duration

My sleep tracker is beyond belief an amazing psychological and analytical tool

Why

I go by deep sleep

I can have what I perceive to be a shit night awake all night

Feel shit and unsure

Yet if I see 2.5 plus deep rested sleep I become calm and reasured

However if I do notice a poor deep sleep and a suspect heart I'll ease off

That and every walk ride and gym is mapped and logged

And I can train effectively to heart rate

So I'm exceptionally happy to be foolish to keep tangible tabs upon my improving fitness

"don't get one.

and look how many there are

I'm happy to be a fool

Mine does not measure blood pressure

However it does measure resting heart rate and sleep

My resting heart rate is absolutely a direct correlation to my health respiration and well being which I effectively use to coordinate my rest nutrients and training intensity and duration

My sleep tracker is beyond belief an amazing psychological and analytical tool

Why

I go by deep sleep

I can have what I perceive to be a shit night awake all night

Feel shit and unsure

Yet if I see 2.5 plus deep rested sleep I become calm and reasured

However if I do notice a poor deep sleep and a suspect heart I'll ease off

That and every walk ride and gym is mapped and logged

And I can train effectively to heart rate

So I'm exceptionally happy to be foolish to keep tangible tabs upon my improving fitness

"

This... I use my heart rate monitor when running to help me improve my speed and distance without pushing my body too much which leads to injury.

I use the watch (Polar V800) for my swimming training as it gives a SWOLF score to show your strokes per distance to make sure you are getting the most out of every stroke (regardless of which stroke you do - freestyle, fly, backstroke or breaststroke). It also give you a full overview of your training session on speed, distance, time and averages of each stroke which is brilliant for tracking ready for competitions.

I am happy to be a fool and spending my money on a whatcha that has helped me improve my fitness

» Add a new message to this topic