FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Injuries but with a different aspect

Injuries but with a different aspect

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So today I'm in quite a bit of discomfort..hard day climbing trees yesterday with chainsaw..lots of overhead pressure on a shoulder that now has only one tendon. I lost the other in an event I ran in the mountains..took a tumile with a heavy pack and BANG!one snapped tendon. Still managed to finish event, though painful..anywayes I digress..what I'm thinking is yes I now have a permanent issue that needs care but I don t regret it..how thexciting injury came about and I wouldn't t change it. My friend spent all his life walking the mountains, then one day he went over, busting his ankle in a way I'm not about to explain but basically he lost the ability to raise his foot as he walked for the rest of his life. Did he regret it?..nope, because of all those wonderful places he d been and enjoyed..did he stop walking in the mountains because of the discomfort? Nope.

So the nitty gritty...do you have an injury you don't really regret in the sense that it occurred during a great experience..I know sounds weird but sometimes shit happens as a consequence of pushing boundaries we enjoy pushing..ballet dancers, skydivers, mountain lovers etc..

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"So today I'm in quite a bit of discomfort..hard day climbing trees yesterday with chainsaw..lots of overhead pressure on a shoulder that now has only one tendon. I lost the other in an event I ran in the mountains..took a tumile with a heavy pack and BANG!one snapped tendon. Still managed to finish event, though painful..anywayes I digress..what I'm thinking is yes I now have a permanent issue that needs care but I don t regret it..how thexciting injury came about and I wouldn't t change it. My friend spent all his life walking the mountains, then one day he went over, busting his ankle in a way I'm not about to explain but basically he lost the ability to raise his foot as he walked for the rest of his life. Did he regret it?..nope, because of all those wonderful places he d been and enjoyed..did he stop walking in the mountains because of the discomfort? Nope.

So the nitty gritty...do you have an injury you don't really regret in the sense that it occurred during a great experience..I know sounds weird but sometimes shit happens as a consequence of pushing boundaries we enjoy pushing..ballet dancers, skydivers, mountain lovers etc.. "

Love this thread and sentiment

I'm a mountain and sea lover

Yet despite my little incidents I'm fortunate enough not to have anything major snapped or broken

Yes you are right if I had there would be zero regret

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

» Add a new message to this topic