FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Child parking slots part 2

Child parking slots part 2

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ugby 123 OP   Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Looks like questions still being asked on it and can't be answered there so have started another.

Please keep to debating and not getting personal, as it sours the thread.

Go.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

oh noooooooo, I've ran out of popcorn!!!

copied & pasted from previous thread.

Pure economics. Nothing other than business. Families call the shots. They eat, wear clothes, buy baby goods, school uniforms, in house entertainment the lot.......

Families are money.

Get the kids on board whilst young. Keep their loyalty and they return with the next batch of sprogs.

this is very true, why do you think they sell everything in family size multipacks

"Looks like questions still being asked on it and can't be answered there so have started another.

Please keep to debating and not getting personal, as it sours the thread.

Go."

ooooo thread stealer!!

Can we have nigger car parking spaces, larger supermarkets and knock down a few schools & hospitals to make way for them. Ta.

* BIGGER... I meant BIGGER!

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

oh good - thanks ruggers

so...in response to chelsea chris...being a parent is indeed a choice!

you can choose not to have children like many career women do and you can choose to have children like many of Jeremy Kyle's guests do

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"* BIGGER... I meant BIGGER! "

" you can choose to have children like many of Jeremy Kyle's guests do "

Huh?

That's a paradox. If one could choose to have children one wouldn't be appearing on Jeremy Kyle's show.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Wishy .........ffs...... hahahahaaaaaaaaa....

Forum Mod

O o O oo

FGS Wishy , step away from the keyboard !!

"* BIGGER... I meant BIGGER!

"

The feckin 'N' is next to the frickin 'B' on the keyboard!!!!

Pmsl. I read your first post and thought wtf???? Thanks for the clarification

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Haahaahaahaa Haahaahaahaa Haahaahaahaa...

i welcome the larger spaces and if all car parking spots were larger i think it would be great.

I wouldn't have a problem if the spaces were furthest away from the store either

King's Crustacean

Please....... Im choking....

The first one to say 'if only' simply shows their lack of imagination....

Loving this thread.

Do what I do as I don't drive.

Get the bus to my local CO-OP, choose my delivery slot, do my shopping & get it delivered to my door for free.

May have to pay a little extra for some of my shopping, but no hassle, no parking worries & no arguments with other drivers.

And you meet some right 'Nutters on the Bus' lol

Problem Solved.

By *uirkygirlCouple  over a year ago

Quirkyville

I park in kiddy spaces when I have my friends baby because its easier to get all of his stuff out of the car... I also park in any bloody space I want at 3am in the morning cos no one else is there!

Thank bejesus that in Scotland you don't have to pay those horrid carpark companies if they issue you a ticket!

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"Please....... Im choking....

The first one to say 'if only' simply shows their lack of imagination...."

I peed my pants...

FGS Wishy , step away from the keyboard !! "

I'm off back to the garden where I've been drinking beer all day. It's much safer. Only got a few wasps to contend with!

King's Crustacean

"Loving this thread.

Get the bus to my local CO-OP, choose my delivery slot, do my shopping & get it delivered to my door for free.

May have to pay a little extra for some of my shopping, but no hassle, no parking worries & no arguments with other drivers.

Problem Solved.

"

Pardon me asking but is that a parent and kiddy delivery slot you are taking ?

"Loving this thread.

Problem Solved.

Pardon me asking but is that a parent and kiddy delivery slot you are taking ?"

I don't ask & I don't care lol

King's Crustacean

I'm off back to the garden where I've been drinking beer all day. It's much safer. Only got a few wasps to contend with! "

Hope you manage wasps better than B's

King's Crustacean

"Loving this thread.

Problem Solved.

"

Oh now that attitude is what got this country into the mess it's in!

If you take that slot it might be needed by someone else!

Doh ..

"Loving this thread.

Problem Solved.

Oh now that attitude is what got this country into the mess it's in!

If you take that slot it might be needed by someone else!

Doh .."

Then they should get there early before all the best slots have gone then.

I'm off back to the garden where I've been drinking beer all day. It's much safer. Only got a few wasps to contend with!

Hope you manage wasps better than B's"

oooo you're slick!!

sorry. slack. oops

Excuse me people this is my first and last post on the "PARKING IN THE WRONG PLACE IN THE SUPERMARKET". Come on folks 200 posts I'm shaking my head!

King's Crustacean

"Excuse me people this is my first and last post on the "PARKING IN THE WRONG PLACE IN THE SUPERMARKET". Come on folks 200 posts I'm shaking my head! "

I guess all the reading fair hurts your sweet li'l head.

Hope you manage wasps better than B's"

Wasps better than Bees, this forum is the funniest I have ever read. All over car parking spaces, brilliant

King's Crustacean

"sorry. slack. oops "

If we take the s of slack ........ and replace it with a wasp .....

cut n paste from previous

I think you are missing something Chris....it is up to the parent to look after their child, not anyone else...and if a parent can't keep hold of a child while walking on any road then I question whhat else they have no common sense in.

I AGREE its basic parental responsibility to monitor for yourself your own childs safty in all matters....what your missing is you as a driver are responsible for the decisions you make behind the wheel both legally and morally.

Is it illegal nope deffo not.

is it morrally wrong...deffo yes because..

if you reversed from a parents parking spot and ran a child over....you would no doubt be horrified and feel ADDITIONAL guilt when the parent challenged you as to where you were parked. this additional guilt means its morally wrong.... or are you going to tell me you wud not feel guilt ?

I wont contribute further and give the trolls what they want other than to say im glad my kids dont live locally to some off the posters.

i dont care where people park long as the disabled spaces are for disabled people!!!!!

King's Crustacean

"i dont care where people park long as the disabled spaces are for disabled people!!!!!"

I could park my bike really close to you jaqs......

By *waymanMan  over a year ago

newcastle

Here's a question that hopefully won;t attract the degree of ad hominem that made the last thread such fun.

If people with kids need bigger spaces to get kids in and out of their cars, why are cars with sliding doors so unpopular? It's as if people need more space to get their kids in and out of the car when they go to the supermarket but not when they go to the car dealership...

Oh, and as a bonus question, if, as a poster asserted in the last thread, mums deserve more civility (I think that's whingeospeak for 'special status') does that include Rose West should she ever have nipped out to the shops with the kids to do her weekly shop? Is this state of advanced civility to apply to all mums?

evesham

all of my guilt would come from the fact i had hit a child, not from where i was parked.

If the parent wanted to pass on some of their guilt from not looking after their child properly ad letting it run around a carpark by having a go at me for parking in a space with a picture painted on it i would let them rant at me but feel no more guilt

King's Crustacean

"all of my guilt would come from the fact i had hit a child, not from where i was parked.

If the parent wanted to pass on some of their guilt from not looking after their child properly ad letting it run around a carpark by having a go at me for parking in a space with a picture painted on it i would let them rant at me but feel no more guilt"

Krect.

Quirkyville

I nearly hit a wee dude in my car park at home checked mirrors about 3 times before reversing out as I was slowly moving the car I spotted a little shit bag of a kid sneaking up behind the car while his parental stood and watched had I have hit him I.would have laid all the blame on his parental who were still stood just casually shouting over at him! Should have got out answer slapped his mum for being a twat

"i dont care where people park long as the disabled spaces are for disabled people!!!!!

I could park my bike really close to you jaqs...... "

anytime x

so, if the parent/child space were to be put right at the back of the carpark where there is far less passing vehicles so the child is in less danger of being knocked over. would they still get used by parents with kids because they are designated for them, or would they then use the "normal" spaces closer to the front doors ???

"Here's a question that hopefully won;t attract the degree of ad hominem that made the last thread such fun.

If people with kids need bigger spaces to get kids in and out of their cars, why are cars with sliding doors so unpopular? It's as if people need more space to get their kids in and out of the car when they go to the supermarket but not when they go to the car dealership...

Oh, and as a bonus question, if, as a poster asserted in the last thread, mums deserve more civility (I think that's whingeospeak for 'special status') does that include Rose West should she ever have nipped out to the shops with the kids to do her weekly shop? Is this state of advanced civility to apply to all mums?"

A safety factor with regards sliding doors on some cars that only have the one sliding door.

By *arnaclebillMan  over a year ago

Robin Hood County

Tut tut I should think so Lol

"so, if the parent/child space were to be put right at the back of the carpark where there is far less passing vehicles so the child is in less danger of being knocked over. would they still get used by parents with kids because they are designated for them, or would they then use the "normal" spaces closer to the front doors ???"

Oooo thats a good idea

King's Crustacean

"so, if the parent/child space were to be put right at the back of the carpark where there is far less passing vehicles so the child is in less danger of being knocked over. would they still get used by parents with kids because they are designated for them, or would they then use the "normal" spaces closer to the front doors ???"

They would use the other ones miss

"i dont care where people park long as the disabled spaces are for disabled people!!!!!

I could park my bike really close to you jaqs...... "

Grammy I got a 2 places u can park a bike x shall we bring fat people spaces in too? Far end of carpark but huge to match out lardish ways?

GOOD POINT so I will comment....as its not sheer stupidity.....the act of walking from the far side of a car park...the the main door wud mean running the gauntlet off moving cars as you passed thro the car park....therefore an argument of danger can be made.

"so, if the parent/child space were to be put right at the back of the carpark where there is far less passing vehicles so the child is in less danger of being knocked over. would they still get used by parents with kids because they are designated for them, or would they then use the "normal" spaces closer to the front doors ???

Oooo thats a good idea "

Ah no, cos then they would have to cross a busy road on a car park with their parents. Tooooo risky...

King's Crustacean

If people with children need bigger spaces to get the kids out of the car may I suggest that they are banned from using the mars bar n crisps aisle......

By *arnaclebillMan  over a year ago

Robin Hood County

"i dont care where people park long as the disabled spaces are for disabled people!!!!!"

In my local "Morrisons" if all the disabled spaces are taken then it is acceptable to park in Parent + child space

King's Crustacean

In my local "Morrisons" if all the disabled spaces are taken then it is acceptable to park in Parent + child space "

And then I guess they progress to MY space....... typical!

"so, if the parent/child space were to be put right at the back of the carpark where there is far less passing vehicles so the child is in less danger of being knocked over. would they still get used by parents with kids because they are designated for them, or would they then use the "normal" spaces closer to the front doors ???

GOOD POINT so I will comment....as its not sheer stupidity.....the act of walking from the far side of a car park...the the main door wud mean running the gauntlet off moving cars as you passed thro the car park....therefore an argument of danger can be made."

but in our local supermarkets, they do all have a footpath, in some cases a number of footpaths along ALL the parking spaces, they all go to a pedestrian crossing to the front doors therefore eliminating the need to cross any dangerous parts of the road

"If people with children need bigger spaces to get the kids out of the car may I suggest that they are banned from using the mars bar n crisps aisle......"

why?

King's Crustacean

Grammy I got a 2 places u can park a bike x shall we bring fat people spaces in too? Far end of carpark but huge to match out lardish ways? "

Yes! LardyArse spaces INSIDE the supermarket and reinforced trollies to carry the doughnuts n !

GOOD POINT so I will comment....as its not sheer stupidity.....the act of walking from the far side of a car park...the the main door wud mean running the gauntlet off moving cars as you passed thro the car park....therefore an argument of danger can be made.

but in our local supermarkets, they do all have a footpath, in some cases a number of footpaths along ALL the parking spaces, they all go to a pedestrian crossing to the front doors therefore eliminating the need to cross any dangerous parts of the road"

I agree the newer ones do, but by no means all off them

King's Crustacean

Oooo thats a good idea

Ah no, cos then they would have to cross a busy road on a car park with their parents. Tooooo risky..."

mmmmmmmmm no. They could stick to the pavemented areas that are for people and not walk on the car park.

Grammy I got a 2 places u can park a bike x shall we bring fat people spaces in too? Far end of carpark but huge to match out lardish ways?

Yes! LardyArse spaces INSIDE the supermarket and reinforced trollies to carry the doughnuts n !"

Even better, btw I meant granny not Grammy, u r amazing but ur not getting an award from me, just the cheeks of my arse to park ur bike

King's Crustacean

I can see where the inflator goes from here.

Abuse is the last refuge off the witless. Oscar wilde

"I can see where the inflator goes from here."

U have to push it in hard as its a bit tight

King's Crustacean

Hands up all the abusive people !

Oh okay ...it's a swingers site. Hands up everyone....

King's Crustacean

"I can see where the inflator goes from here.

U have to push it in hard as its a bit tight "

It looks screw in to me ....

Oooo thats a good idea

Ah no, cos then they would have to cross a busy road on a car park with their parents. Tooooo risky...

mmmmmmmmm no. They could stick to the pavemented areas that are for people and not walk on the car park."

Or better still get a transporter belt like they used to have on 'The Tomorrow People' and then they wouldnt have to walk at all.

Always wanted one of those as well

King's Crustacean

Oooo thats a good idea

mmmmmmmmm no. They could stick to the pavemented areas that are for people and not walk on the car park.

Or better still get a transporter belt like they used to have on 'The Tomorrow People' and then they wouldnt have to walk at all.

Always wanted one of those as well "

You can have a quickie on the travelator at the airport....

Are there child parking spaces at the airport ?

I need to know

It looks screw in to me ...."

Shit that's where I'm going wrong!!!!!

"Can we have nigger car parking spaces, "

King's Crustacean

It looks screw in to me ....

Shit that's where I'm going wrong!!!!! "

Please...... Turkey Twizzlers keep coming to mind....

King's Crustacean

"Can we have nigger car parking spaces, "

Read all of it. Don't just cherry pick. it was a genuine mistake.

"

I need to know"

Only for the small 2-seater planes

King's Crustacean

"

I need to know

Only for the small 2-seater planes"

Are they bi planes....... snigger

King's Crustacean

thank god for s's

"

I need to know

Only for the small 2-seater planes

Are they bi planes....... snigger"

Only in the heat of the moment

evesham

"Abuse is the last refuge off the witless. Oscar wilde"

who is being abusive?

I think Tesco's online should ask if the person placing the order has children and if so they should get a later slot cos there's plenty of parking for them in store which leaves the best delivery slots available for those who can't park nearer the store.

I know, thank me later.

King's Crustacean

Must have been you Evesham....

"Abuse is the last refuge off the witless. Oscar wilde

who is being abusive?"

not me .... honest miss

King's Crustacean

"I think Tesco's online should ask if the person placing the order has children and if so they should get a later slot cos there's plenty of parking for them in store which leaves the best delivery slots available for those who can't park nearer the store.

I know, thank me later. "

Pure genius......

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"Abuse is the last refuge off the witless. Oscar wilde"

A bus is the first refuge of the carless - Blondecaz

A bus is the first refuge of the carless - Blondecaz"

oh I say, that's very clever.

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

oh I say, that's very clever. "

Why thank you Wishy....you managed that without a spelling mistake

King's Crustacean

oh I say, that's very clever. "

The garden is the only refuge for the futterbingered.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"cut n paste from previous

I think you are missing something Chris....it is up to the parent to look after their child, not anyone else...and if a parent can't keep hold of a child while walking on any road then I question whhat else they have no common sense in.

I AGREE its basic parental responsibility to monitor for yourself your own childs safty in all matters....what your missing is you as a driver are responsible for the decisions you make behind the wheel both legally and morally.

Is it illegal nope deffo not.

is it morrally wrong...deffo yes because..

if you reversed from a parents parking spot and ran a child over....you would no doubt be horrified and feel ADDITIONAL guilt when the parent challenged you as to where you were parked. this additional guilt means its morally wrong.... or are you going to tell me you wud not feel guilt ?

I wont contribute further and give the trolls what they want other than to say im glad my kids dont live locally to some off the posters."

There would be no guilt off me being in a parent and toddler car parking space no, as I don't use them....but I would be wary of any parent who's child had just been run over to want to argue about a parking space rather than be more interested in their child.

If god forbid I ran anyone over I would be mortified, but it is irrelevant which car parking space I was using at the time.

Maybe it is time for you to bow out if you think a debate is trolling, everyone can have a view, just like you.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

""Or better still get a transporter belt like they used to have on 'The Tomorrow People' and then they wouldnt have to walk at all.

Always wanted one of those as well "

I still want one... Jaunting instead of long flights and no parking problems. They didn't take luggage or shopping with them though...

""Or better still get a transporter belt like they used to have on 'The Tomorrow People' and then they wouldnt have to walk at all.

Always wanted one of those as well

I still want one... Jaunting instead of long flights and no parking problems. They didn't take luggage or shopping with them though..."

They obviously did their shopping online to avoid child parking issues

King's Crustacean

(Car Parking Space Closed - Got Too Big )

By *els_BellsWoman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

I cant stand those who park in a parent and toddler space because one, being a fattie its hard enough for me to squeeze in and out my car as it is but to open the door fully to strap my toddler in needs the door fully open. Yep my fault for having a fat ass before anyone starts! I'm not bothered where the parent and child spaces are so long as safety is paramount. My toddler is well and truly clamped to my hand when crossing over, or he wears a jacket with a hood, so I can grab it if he tries to run off.

But for those ignorant and self obsessed people who think, 'I'll park where I want, cos in my day and age I struggled with a pram and shopping etc etc!" Imagine if it was you struggling to get your little one in and out of the car because some idiot had parked over the lines of the space next to you or some business type person had taken a toddler space up to go get their lunch and a nice wine for tea.

I am not saying it is a right for those who have kids to have special spaces near the entrance, what I'm saying is bigger spaces are needed especially for those who have children who need strapping in. In my day, seatbelts in the back were not compulsary so there was no need for parent and child spaces. However, if back then, for those against parent and toddler spaces, how would you feel if an able bodied person jumped out of their car from a space for a parent and child and it was the last roomy space left???!

I would never park in a disabled space, nor a parent and child space if I didnt have my son with me. And yes, I'd prefer not to take him shopping but needs must.

Try thinking of others instead of being so self absorbed!

King's Crustacean

I think they'd like to think of others but they are

1) too ignorant

2) self obsessed

3) idiots

4) just after a nice wine

5) self absorbed

to care.

I really do think that your kind ways will sway them tho .... well said.

"I think they'd like to think of others but they are

1) too ignorant

2) self obsessed

3) idiots

4) just after a nice wine

5) self absorbed

to care.

I really do think that your kind ways will sway them tho .... well said.

"

Apologies, but are you being sarcastic?

No matter what I say to those who park in parent and child spaces or even disabled spaces wont give a knats ass as they are that hard faced in doing so. I just think people should consider others at ALL times not when they feel like

"Can we have nigger car parking spaces,

Read all of it. Don't just cherry pick. it was a genuine mistake."

Im more thinking why should they get preference?! Why not a general-minority spaces!

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Rushden

I park in Parent & Toddler spaces. I will continue to do so! I do not see whay they are necessary even on H&S grounds.

No matter where you park, kids, once outside the car can run off. No matter where you park, you have to walk to the store. If you can't control your kids in that short period of time from the car park to the door, perhaps you should try paying more attention rather than texting or chatting on that phone!

You want kids? Take the rough with the smooth.. Stop trying to make yourselves a special case and whinging because you can't get your own way.. It is not bad manners, it is merely exercising my right to thwart discrimination against those who either choose not to have kids or choose not to take them shopping!

Quirkyville

And the debate.continues! Anyone for a gangbang ?

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

"And the debate.continues! Anyone for a gangbang ? "
might as well this is getting tedious

evesham

Read all of it. Don't just cherry pick. it was a genuine mistake. Im more thinking why should they get preference?! Why not a general-minority spaces! "

Jeez it was a spelling mistake, like granny said, read the while thread instead of trying to stir shut

evesham

Haha lots of spelling mistakes in a post trying to make someone aware of spelling mistakes!!!!

"I park in Parent & Toddler spaces. I will continue to do so! I do not see whay they are necessary even on H&S grounds.

No matter where you park, kids, once outside the car can run off. No matter where you park, you have to walk to the store. If you can't control your kids in that short period of time from the car park to the door, perhaps you should try paying more attention rather than texting or chatting on that phone!

You want kids? Take the rough with the smooth.. Stop trying to make yourselves a special case and whinging because you can't get your own way.. It is not bad manners, it is merely exercising my right to thwart discrimination against those who either choose not to have kids or choose not to take them shopping!

"

So, would you park in a disabled space? (I'm presuming you are able bodied)

If you haf kids aged under 5 would you feel the same or dont you give a rats ass about denting others cars?

If there arent any parent and child spaces left, I park as far away as possible, im not arsed if its closer to the store Im more bothered about knocking someone elses car, but after reading some of the responses on here, more fool me!

I prefer to do my grocery shopping late at night in order to avoid the critters and ankle biters.

That's life some without kids will park in baby/toddler parking spots, some will park in disabled ones, some will park on double yellows and you will get those who do non of the above. Its a all really down to respect, consideration and how selfish someone is. What ever we do its not something that is going to stop though.

Quirkyville

Gangbang all by myself then? Some.of Yup lot should get together and debate on tv!!!

parent & child spaces are a relatively new thing in car parks, i never had the use of them when shopping with my kids when they were younger and never had any problems at all AND they grew up normal... so why is it suddenly an issue now??

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

why should children receive any kind of special treatment.

in fact why don't we go back to the days,when we sent children up chimneys.

thus negating,any need for parent child spaces.as the parents could do the shopping,whilst the children are at work,problem solved.

as for myself,i'll be getting a spray tan,prior to our next shopping trip,and parking in one of wishy's spaces.

I don't know if it has been mentioned previously, but kids also have pester power. Get the kids in with mum and they can throw tantrums till they get what they want..........

"I cant stand those who park in a parent and toddler space because one, being a fattie its hard enough for me to squeeze in and out my car as it is but to open the door fully to strap my toddler in needs the door fully open. Yep my fault for having a fat ass before anyone starts! I'm not bothered where the parent and child spaces are so long as safety is paramount. My toddler is well and truly clamped to my hand when crossing over, or he wears a jacket with a hood, so I can grab it if he tries to run off.

But for those ignorant and self obsessed people who think, 'I'll park where I want, cos in my day and age I struggled with a pram and shopping etc etc!" Imagine if it was you struggling to get your little one in and out of the car because some idiot had parked over the lines of the space next to you or some business type person had taken a toddler space up to go get their lunch and a nice wine for tea.

I am not saying it is a right for those who have kids to have special spaces near the entrance, what I'm saying is bigger spaces are needed especially for those who have children who need strapping in. In my day, seatbelts in the back were not compulsary so there was no need for parent and child spaces. However, if back then, for those against parent and toddler spaces, how would you feel if an able bodied person jumped out of their car from a space for a parent and child and it was the last roomy space left???!

I would never park in a disabled space, nor a parent and child space if I didnt have my son with me. And yes, I'd prefer not to take him shopping but needs must.

Try thinking of others instead of being so self absorbed! "

I think your wasting your breathe though as some on here are just to ill mannered and ignorant and think that they can do as they please....

I will let someone know my views if they park in those spaces without kids.. but I find its best to comment when you haven't got kids with you, as via language is normally to bad and if someone swore in front of my kids it could get rather heated...

Best one so far was my 5 year old commenting on why that man was selfish.. as I'd commented... I told her why and she said oh...

Later in the shop we saw him again.. and my daughter told him he was selfish for parking in parent and child... And he went crimson as all the people looked at him.... Shows he knew it wasn't really on.

Cali

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

having read this thread

I have come to the conclusion that my block list is going to grow

as a lot of the replies are so selfish and if that is how they are in real life i would not want to play with them

"parent & child spaces are a relatively new thing in car parks, i never had the use of them when shopping with my kids when they were younger and never had any problems at all AND they grew up normal... so why is it suddenly an issue now??

"

Exactly

These parking spaces are nothing more than a modern privilege. Jeeeeezzz, I remember having to walk 2 mile into town with my parents every weekend, crossing main roads, so we could do our weekly shop.

I also remember having to walk back carrying fairly heavy shopping bags. I whinged once or twice, but I'm still here. Some people are banging on about the luxury of arriving in a vehicle, but struggling to get out of it and/or having to walk a few extra yards if their precious parent and child spaces are full!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So because a supermarket has decided to create spaces for a specific purpose all parent who choose to use this are in the wrong? I think maybe a little jealousy that it wasnt available back in the day perhaps and its why some are bitter about the changes so much so they are against it.

the original thread was about people who park in them without having children being present. think it says a lot about those individuals who go against the grain just to stick two fingers up at a polite and formal request by a supermarket chain just so they can park closer to the store.

I would use the wider spaces even if they were located further away and think spaces in general should be wider.

I predict a time when people will 'join' a particular store and their membership will include access to favoured parking bays closer to the store.

I'm surprised noone has said that what is the big deal with car seats.. or the fact that more people can afford cars now etc.

Out of my 6 kids I only had parent and child parking available to me for the last one. I could only drive after my 2nd from last one was a year old ...

To be honest I don't really as I've said before think that these spaces are needed... But do find it disgusting that people could park in them with such disregard for the reason they are there...

But guess some people just think rules don't apply to them.

Cali

"But do find it disgusting that people could park in them with such disregard for the reason they are there..."

Why? There is always at least one M & T space available whenever I've gone to the supermarket and the other spaces are not occupied for long as people come and go. Christmas times are busy sure but one just needs to be more organised at especially busy times of the year. I don't see it as a big deal and most of the outrage expressed on this and the other thread has been a lot of people getting pissed off on the behalf of others.

So wishy people need to be more organised to avoid busy times of shopping just so you can park in a mother and toddler space? Lol

"So wishy people need to be more organised to avoid busy times of shopping just so you can park in a mother and toddler space? Lol"

No, so THEY can.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"having read this thread

I have come to the conclusion that my block list is going to grow

as a lot of the replies are so selfish and if that is how they are in real life i would not want to play with them "

They must be gutted to hear that....

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"parent & child spaces are a relatively new thing in car parks, i never had the use of them when shopping with my kids when they were younger and never had any problems at all AND they grew up normal... so why is it suddenly an issue now??

"

Because many (note the word 'many') modern young mums think the world owes them something....

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"So because a supermarket has decided to create spaces for a specific purpose all parent who choose to use this are in the wrong? I think maybe a little jealousy that it wasnt available back in the day perhaps and its why some are bitter about the changes so much so they are against it.

. "

Reading both threads I would say it was more the mollycoddling of Adults who should be capable of keeping hold of their child on a road sort of thing.

I think I have heard it all now that people who say the above are jealous of other people being able to walk a bit less than others in a car park lol

Anyway, all the people who do use the spaces near the door even if it isn't in a child bay would die if you lived with my OH...he purposley parks the furthest away in every car park.

Rushden

"So, would you park in a disabled space? (I'm presuming you are able bodied)"

No, you choose to have kids, people do not choose to be disabled! I don't see why you should get special treatment!

"If you haf kids aged under 5 would you feel the same or dont you give a rats ass about denting others cars?"

That makes no sense at all!! But if you are asking two questions... If I had kids under 5, I would do exactly what I did when we did have kids under 5! Park the car and take em shopping and I wouldn't whinge because I couldn't get nearer the store!

As for denting cars.. I don't dent cars, no matter where I park! If you do, that is your carelessness, not mine!

"If there arent any parent and child spaces left, I park as far away as possible, im not arsed if its closer to the store Im more bothered about knocking someone elses car, but after reading some of the responses on here, more fool me!"

So, a question for all of you whinging about “your” spaces… You arrive in a car park that has a dozen parent and child spaces, but all of them are taken up by genuine people with kids.. Where do you park? In the spaces meant for those of us without children??? How inconsiderate of you!

Y

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

I keep coming back to this .. makes me giggle..

Thanks ...

"

So, a question for all of you whinging about “your” spaces… You arrive in a car park that has a dozen parent and child spaces, but all of them are taken up by genuine people with kids.. Where do you park? In the spaces meant for those of us without children??? How inconsiderate of you!

Y"

I keep coming back to this .. makes me giggle..

Thanks ... "

You're welcome. Glad I brighten up your day.

By *empnbunkCouple  over a year ago

south coast

Ffs get a taxi to and from the shops ...you get dropped at the door and picked up safely from the pick up point no more parking hassles .....simples

"So because a supermarket has decided to create spaces for a specific purpose all parent who choose to use this are in the wrong? I think maybe a little jealousy that it wasnt available back in the day perhaps and its why some are bitter about the changes so much so they are against it. "

Well, I do know in my case jealousy has fuck all to do with it. I'm happy to park my car where hardly anyone else does .....at the far end of the car park.

These two threads have been hilarious for two reasons:

1. Wishy's brilliant typo

2. Parking space envy ....I didn't know such trivial things get people so wound up

What is so difficult to understand..

Its a parent and child parking space.. normally with a limit on what age your children should be...

So if you don't have children of that age WITH you.. dont park there.

Its not about if there should be the spaces, or safety, or if someone should have to walk further, size of spaces.. its about grown adults not being able to follow simple instructions because they think that it doesnt apply to them.

I rarely use the spaces purely and simply because its easier for me to park elsewhere.. and because to be honest now my children are older, I would rather go shopping without them.

But it still annoys me when you see a single person, with no kids parking there because its convenient. I know that if parent and child spaces were not near the entrance, that less people would abuse them.

Its not to me about a parents right to park, its about responsibilities as an adult to follow the rules and set an example.

Cali

Looking at the situation realistically, when I go to the supermarket (without the kids) and there are quite a few empty mother & child spaces free, I'll park in the one furthest available. My reasoning being that if other people (with children) arrive after me they'll take up the nearest ones and won't complain as they're closer to the store than me - and that's the real crux of why people get pissed off about it. It's not that they think people without children shouldn't use those spaces but more to do with "the bastard got closer to the store than I did!" It IS envy, nothing more.

By *illow PimpMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

I park the furthest away possible from anyone to prevent my car being trashed with woman who can't control a trolley

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"What is so difficult to understand..

Its a parent and child parking space.. normally with a limit on what age your children should be...

Its not about if there should be the spaces, or safety, or if someone should have to walk further, size of spaces.. its about grown adults not being able to follow simple instructions because they think that it doesnt apply to them.

Cali "

From what has been said on here by a few people , maybe it is more the fact they just don't agree with them being there in the first place, and if it isn't enforceable by fines / law etc then they would use them anyway.

I think the debate changed slightly to "why are they there in the first place" and why it isn't really all about the OP now.

"What is so difficult to understand..

I rarely use the spaces purely and simply because its easier for me to park elsewhere.. and because to be honest now my children are older, I would rather go shopping without them.

But it still annoys me when you see a single person, with no kids parking there because its convenient. I know that if parent and child spaces were not near the entrance, that less people would abuse them.

Its not to me about a parents right to park, its about responsibilities as an adult to follow the rules and set an example.

Cali "

When I said "parking space envy" I was referring to cute n sassy saying that some people must be jealous over something that wasn't available years ago. It was more than likely pointed at myself, seeing as though I had mentioned that I used to walk to the shops and back (4 mile round trip).

I couldn't give a flying hoot if it was aimed at me tbh.

I am the sort of person that would not park in disabled or child friendly bays. The only time I get myself in a tither over car parks is when there are no spaces at all ...and a mahooosive queue waiting to find a spot

Time for some humour

What do you do when you see a spaceman?

Park in it man

evesham

"So, would you park in a disabled space? (I'm presuming you are able bodied)

No, you choose to have kids, people do not choose to be disabled! I don't see why you should get special treatment!

If you haf kids aged under 5 would you feel the same or dont you give a rats ass about denting others cars?

That makes no sense at all!! But if you are asking two questions... If I had kids under 5, I would do exactly what I did when we did have kids under 5! Park the car and take em shopping and I wouldn't whinge because I couldn't get nearer the store!

As for denting cars.. I don't dent cars, no matter where I park! If you do, that is your carelessness, not mine!

If there arent any parent and child spaces left, I park as far away as possible, im not arsed if its closer to the store Im more bothered about knocking someone elses car, but after reading some of the responses on here, more fool me!

Y"

Love it. Well done _umour

Do parents not keep their children on leashes any more? This would negate the rampaging across the car-parks willy-nilly and curb the stampede to the crisps sweeties and pop aisles.

All three of my children wore a harness, I was able to keep them under my control when exiting/entering our car, even if it meant me standing on or hooking their leash around my foot.

I didn't see the point of a special parent child space unless for the parents of babies who needed carrying,( they get heavy before their legs reach the ground too )

As soon as mine could walk they were encouraged to, on the end of a harness ........ usually this kept them strapped into the trolley too .... shopping is stressful enough without having to chase a toddler around.

If I worried about my car or others cars being dented then I found a space with slots free either side, no matter where in the car park it was.

The kids needed the gallop to the shop entrance anyway, it would dissipate some energy before getting them in there!

Leashes????

By *uckscouple2007Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

"Leashes???? "

think he meant Grabling Irons

evesham

"Leashes????

think he meant Grabling Irons "

he

Quirkyville

Laine DD keeps me on a leash if that.counts? X

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Well in my day, you had to get on one of the old fashioned buses, put the pushchair down and cart your bags on and off, parents dont know how lucky they are today let alone moaning about how far from a shop door they got to walk

Read all of it. Don't just cherry pick. it was a genuine mistake. Im more thinking why should they get preference?! Why not a general-minority spaces!

Jeez it was a spelling mistake, like granny said, read the while thread instead of trying to stir shut "

jeeze i think the reply of mine that you're refering to went completely over your head... Best for you not to reply to this "lol"

"Leashes???? "

..... yes, a short leash.

I did qualify the 'leash' comment a few lines down. All my children were taken out on a harness with walking reins, they do still make them and sell them I believe?

King's Crustacean

"Leashes????

I did qualify the 'leash' comment a few lines down. All my children were taken out on a harness with walking reins, they do still make them and sell them I believe? "

you shound pished with all the short leashes

"Leashes????

I did qualify the 'leash' comment a few lines down. All my children were taken out on a harness with walking reins, they do still make them and sell them I believe?

you shound pished with all the short leashes"

itsh my new teef ..... breaking them in for a rottie!

By *uckscouple2007Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

"Leashes????

think he meant Grabling Irons

he "

makes own way to the Guillotine

evesham

Read all of it. Don't just cherry pick. it was a genuine mistake. Im more thinking why should they get preference?! Why not a general-minority spaces!

Jeez it was a spelling mistake, like granny said, read the while thread instead of trying to stir shut jeeze i think the reply of mine that you're refering to went completely over your head... Best for you not to reply to this "lol""

awww ok......shucks guess i just dont get fings in 'ere...dont tell me what to do sunshine just because youre stupid joke didnt work

Rushden

jeeze i think the reply of mine that you're refering to went completely over your head... Best for you not to reply to this "lol"

"

Surely, that is the "Angry" smiley! If it is, I can't see any sort of joke.. Perhaps you just wanted to make a point?

But, bloody hell, Wishy, it was a typo to end all typo's lol

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

I think the child parking spaces shouls be at the end of the car park furthest away from the store! Those who are very young are in some form of wheeled device so the distance will not effect them and the young ones who can walk will be tired and not be running around the store shouting and making a general nuisance of themselves!

Having spent 15 years of my life working at a retail counter, I've come across all sorts from landed gentry to the local tramp. In my experience the nastiest people by far have been mothers in their thirties. Not all of course but how some of them have Hung on to their husbands ill never know

[Removed by poster at 22/05/12 00:38:38]

"Leashes????

I did qualify the 'leash' comment a few lines down. All my children were taken out on a harness with walking reins, they do still make them and sell them I believe? "

I knew what you meant, I think they are more correclty called 'reigns'.

I do know that when I used to take my little lad to the park we walked for about 1/4 of a mile (and he was 2). I remember 1 specific occasion when we got to the traffic lights and he was not close enough to me to grab his hand I called to him 'Stop' in my best 'Daddy wants you to listen now!' voice and, low and behold, he stopped and waited for me. A woman walking next to me was astonished and said she could never get hers to do that.

My Ex used to say I was 'mean' and 'cruel' when I expected to be obeyed when I told my boy to do something and shouted at him when I was not, but then she had terrible trouble getting him to do anything at all and was always complaining about how ragged he used to run her. Perhaps there IS something to the old phrase 'spare the rod and spoil the child' after all.

» Add a new message to this topic