FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Casey Stoner ( possible spoiler)

Casey Stoner ( possible spoiler)

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is anyone else watching the interview with Casey saying that he is retiring thinking that he is making digs at those that are currently still racing but not doing as well as they were before..

I have always found his attitude a little like a mardy child... but this interview has shown me that really is him throwing a wobbly...

Now yes he is a very very good rider... but it seems a little bit of a slight at things that he sees as wrong with moto gp.

I do know its his own choice but it seemed to me it was more a dig at ducati for giving his bike to Rossi who he sees as a hasbeen..

However, I have seen a lot of riders seem to lose heart since Simoncelli was killed..

But its his life and maybe he is still not over the illness that plagued him who knows and as much as I dislike him as a person, I respect him as a rider.

Not sure moto GP can afford to keep losing riders like this though.

Cali

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 20/05/12 12:51:37]

I was a big frankie chili fan, I loved watching him and foggy duel it out on ducatis in the late 90s......one retired and one carried on....which one did it right I wonder ? as for casey I saw the interview.....he is entitled in his position to make comment from a much more informed position than us (from the top-ish) I dont think the message was wrong but more the delivery. Im sure the doctor wud loke your has been comment tho lol. chris x

whilst on the general Moto GP subject:

"as much grip as a og on lino"

Nice quote

"dog"

Not knowing the guy personally would make it hard for me to comment accurately. I suspect a number of reasons may be going on, the ongoing health issue, boredom, he's a new dad, we're used to seeing mrs stoner ever present but now obviously she isn't, loss of passion since seeing Marcos untimely demise. Who knows apart from

Casey himself, another insanely talented rider who I'll miss watching. Enjoy while we can, we're on the cusp of losing quite a few in the coming year or two

I thought I wouldnt start another thread.. but GET IN THERE... That was a good race..

Cali

Wait a second these guys are risking their lives on a weekly basis, He's made enough money for him and his family to live comfortably so maybe he wants to quit while he's ahead and at the top. Fair play to him

"Wait a second these guys are risking their lives on a weekly basis, He's made enough money for him and his family to live comfortably so maybe he wants to quit while he's ahead and at the top. Fair play to him "

I dont find fault with him for retiring now.. rumours are he is going to race the v8 cars in Australia. For me it was the little comments about how more people should realise when they are no longer good for the sport etc.. and should quit at the top of their game.. but some do it because they love it.. even if they are no longer winning.

cali

By *-and-KCouple  over a year ago

Back of Beyond

He may be a fine racer.

Trouble is he's always been the worlds biggest racing whining, whinging, little faggot!

» Add a new message to this topic