FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Sky tv rant

Sky tv rant

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I phoned sky tv to give notice to cancel my account on 4th July. At 52p per minute and 5 mins later they tell me I am too early to phone to cancel, I have to cancel between 31-40 days which at the earliest means 5 days time. Is that not just silly? I asked to speak to a manager and he refused.

Arghhhhh

Anybody else received crap customer service recently?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *am sampsonMan  over a year ago

cwmbran

"I phoned sky tv to give notice to cancel my account on 4th July. At 52p per minute and 5 mins later they tell me I am too early to phone to cancel, I have to cancel between 31-40 days which at the earliest means 5 days time. Is that not just silly? I asked to speak to a manager and he refused.

Arghhhhh

Anybody else received crap customer service recently?"

Yes I wrote to them over 2 months ago and they still havent dealt with the problem - sent follow email - still no result - dispite them saying they will respond withing 1 day - and you can't phone their complaints department

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

They can't refuse you the right to speak to a manager,,, just tell them that you will go to watchdog if they do not allow you to speak to a manager.. they will put you straight through...

By *hite SnakeMan  over a year ago

leeds

Try calling them on 02071267020 normal rate call. Threaten to cancel they may offer you a deal to stay with them(usually about £10 discount)dont accept get a cancellation date and wait they phoned me the day before it was due to be turned off and I got the full package for £26 for a year. If they dont ring(but they will) and you want to stay with them you can always call them the day of disconnection and tell them you want to stop with them.

By *edbagioMan  over a year ago

ripon

realy not looking forward to

phoneing them myself;they useally cut your telly earlyer and take more money

i am stoping my direct debit and sod them worst firm for custy relaisons

Thanks for your help and feedback, especially the tel no Leeds couple x

I am moving house and not allowed a sky dish with the new property, so I need to cancel.

I was going to get BT vision in the new place, but they can't give me the tv package as my broadband won't have enough mbs and virgin doesn't service the area. Looks like no tv package for me but at least there is a nice pub across the road so I can catch the footie

for ongoing desputes you could try writing directly to the company's chief exec onlining you situation and the probs you been having getting it resolved

if you google 'say no to 0870' should lead you to a website that where you can find alternate landline/freephone numbers for alot of major companies

"for ongoing desputes you could try writing directly to the company's chief exec onlining you situation and the probs you been having getting it resolved

if you google 'say no to 0870' should lead you to a website that where you can find alternate landline/freephone numbers for alot of major companies"

Brilliant tip, thank you x

"I phoned sky tv to give notice to cancel my account on 4th July. At 52p per minute and 5 mins later they tell me I am too early to phone to cancel, I have to cancel between 31-40 days which at the earliest means 5 days time. Is that not just silly? I asked to speak to a manager and he refused.

Arghhhhh

Yes they are arrogant . Last year they charged for multiroom and the box stopped working. They wouldn't cancel the multiroom then when they finally agreed to send the engineer he was a no show . In the I canceled the whole thing. We did without for ages then the sods nobbled the f1 from the BBC . can't get cable here. Bloody Murdoch monopolies . Ah that's better

I phoned sky today to cut my package back. Got it down to £15 a month with no annual contract. I kept my sky+ and entertainments package but dropped the movie package. I'll have 25% off any further contract should I choose to renew, but retain the option to drop sky at any time now with no 30 days notice. One happy bunny here.

Im with a virgin!

Arghhhhh

Cancel the direct debit and they'll ring you. Then tell them you're switching to Virgin and you'll be put through to Retentions and they'll offer you all sorts of deals to stay with Sky.

If you must ring to cancel then do it on a Wed or Thursday as the phone operatives have a certain amount of deals to offer. They don't offer the best ones on Mon or Tue because they want to keep some for later in the week but they don't want to be left with a load of unsold deals by Fri, so Wed or Thur is when they give them all away. Trust me on this, I was a Virgin engineer for many years.

By *oddyWoman  over a year ago

between havant and chichester

Arghhhhh

Anybody else received crap customer service recently?

Cancel the direct debit and they'll ring you. Then tell them you're switching to Virgin and you'll be put through to Retentions and they'll offer you all sorts of deals to stay with Sky.

If you must ring to cancel then do it on a Wed or Thursday as the phone operatives have a certain amount of deals to offer. They don't offer the best ones on Mon or Tue because they want to keep some for later in the week but they don't want to be left with a load of unsold deals by Fri, so Wed or Thur is when they give them all away. Trust me on this, I was a Virgin engineer for many years."

bet there wernt many around by time you left wishy

Sky sent me an email to do a customer survey about my call, so I had a bit of a rant on it.

They called me back today and apologised. They said that they can't change the 31-40 day notice period due to their systems, however they have taken a diary note to call me on Tuesday and go through the cancellation with me.

Now I think that's great customer service and I am really impressed.

"Sky sent me an email to do a customer survey about my call, so I had a bit of a rant on it.

They called me back today and apologised. They said that they can't change the 31-40 day notice period due to their systems, however they have taken a diary note to call me on Tuesday and go through the cancellation with me.

Now I think that's great customer service and I am really impressed."

just out of curiosity, did you have a rant about the wording of the contract that you werent happy about, or the person that you spoke to? i'm curious as if you did rant about the person, there is every chance they can lose their job on stuff like this, even though they have absolutely no power to change the terms and conditions that contracts have

No I didn't complain about him, in fact I said he was polite and just doing his job. I said my issue was with the company policy.

Call would have to be listened to and full disciplinary procedures followed. If the call isn't available then benefit of the doubt would be used for the advisors benefit. I've worked in a call centre for ten years, this is how its always been done there

» Add a new message to this topic