FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Forum running club week 17

Forum running club week 17

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ikeC81 OP   Man  over a year ago

harrow

This morning I managed to get and do a longer run and my first ever 6.5km.

For some of you that maybe easy. Put this in to perspective - 6 months ago I struggled to run 3.5km on a relatively flat course where I lived.

My 6.5km was double the time running but not as quick with a 125 meter hill chucked in for good measure.

I have lost nearly 6kg over the last 6 months and feel generally a lot fitter and healthier than I have ever been

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ornygolferMan  over a year ago

Hexham

I did a steady 3km this morning, have backed of from 5k plus as got a few niggles, from pushing to hard.

The joys off running again after 6 months out with an Achilles injury.

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

"This morning I managed to get and do a longer run and my first ever 6.5km.

For some of you that maybe easy. Put this in to perspective - 6 months ago I struggled to run 3.5km on a relatively flat course where I lived.

My 6.5km was double the time running but not as quick with a 125 meter hill chucked in for good measure.

I have lost nearly 6kg over the last 6 months and feel generally a lot fitter and healthier than I have ever been "

OP this is a great achievement, and one I (her) understand totally the wonderful sense of achievement when you reach milestone distances. In fact, all of us runners will understand it.

I started running only 2 years ago and am currently training for the Snowdon marathon,later this year. Today is our long run session, 14 miles. Which we will do later this afternoon.

Have a great week of running all x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have lost nearly 6kg over the last 6 months and feel generally a lot fitter and healthier than I have ever been "

Well done on the weight loss, apart from the obvious associated health benefits, running doesn't half get easier when you're carrying around less excess baggage!

harrow

I have lost nearly 6kg over the last 6 months and feel generally a lot fitter and healthier than I have ever been

Well done on the weight loss, apart from the obvious associated health benefits, running doesn't half get easier when you're carrying around less excess baggage!"

For sure it does. When I started running in September I was nearly dead after 3km!!!!! Then in December I done my first 5km park run. Then last week 4*5km and smashed 6.5km today (after a rest day) - I could have gone on for 0.5km to get to 7km which would have been fantastic.

Doing running myself about 2-3 times a week but I’m focusing more on sprints than long distance

harrow

I am going to try some interval training in the morning!!!!

Never really done it so going to give myself 40 mins workout

My initial goal is to get to get to 27.30 (quickest is 28.30)

So going to do 5.30 a km with a 2 min rest in between this week so that will be 34 mins exercise. Then repeat 1.30 rest next week and so on for the next few weeks till I can improve my times!!!!

Let’s try and see what happens

I run in a weighted vest.

harrow

Ran a 5km in 30.52 so so

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

"I am going to try some interval training in the morning!!!!

Never really done it so going to give myself 40 mins workout

My initial goal is to get to get to 27.30 (quickest is 28.30)

So going to do 5.30 a km with a 2 min rest in between this week so that will be 34 mins exercise. Then repeat 1.30 rest next week and so on for the next few weeks till I can improve my times!!!!

Let’s try and see what happens "

If you're hoping to increase your speed then you'll probably see the most benifit from doing sprint sessions. 1 min sprint then jog back.

For the sprint, start quick but not flat out - you want to maintain this pace for the whole minute. I usually aim to get to 20 seconds before starting to feel it then around 40 - 50 seconds be at the point of feeling like you have nothing left and holding on for grim death to reach the minute.

Start with 6 reps and work up to 14. Give yourself a few rest days after.

Good luck.

Mr

By *ip2Man  over a year ago

Near Maidenhead

Mm, well done MikeC81. What got you into running to begin with? Did you get the idea from a friend, for instance?

21 miles this morning, followed by a couple of hours recovery laying in the sun drinking beer. That's as productive as my days get at the moment!!

» Add a new message to this topic