FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > spare a thought..

spare a thought..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uckscouple2007 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

for those spurs fans who thought their team had done enough to qualify for the champions league next season - only to see their place given to chelsea tonight

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"for those spurs fans who thought their team had done enough to qualify for the champions league next season - only to see their place given to chelsea tonight "

Um... Chelsea earned their place next year by winning it tonight. What more does a team have to do to play in the CL?

"for those spurs fans who thought their team had done enough to qualify for the champions league next season - only to see their place given to chelsea tonight

Um... Chelsea earned their place next year by winning it tonight. What more does a team have to do to play in the CL? "

I'll give em the same thought they'd have given us if we'd lost

fuck em..all of em

still,they are in the 'channel 5 thursday night plucky losers trophy' next season.

which they can't win either. so,again,fuck em

"I'll give em the same thought they'd have given us if we'd lost

fuck em..all of em

still,they are in the 'channel 5 thursday night plucky losers trophy' next season.

which they can't win either. so,again,fuck em"

Thats our cup TOON ARMY

"for those spurs fans who thought their team had done enough to qualify for the champions league next season - only to see their place given to chelsea tonight "

I was talking about this earlier.

It's a shame Spurs did what they had to do for it to be taken away like this.

I remember Liverpool being in the same position as Chelsea are tonight, Liverpool were allowed to go through even though as the rules stood they shouldn't, rules changed after that.

Champs league should accommodate for 4 places as they do plus a winning team if not in the top 4, IMO.

"Champs league should accommodate for 4 places as they do plus a winning team if not in the top 4, IMO. "

The rules are clear on the point that no one country can field more than four teams. Chelsea have earned the right to defend their trophy in the same way that Liverpool were given that right. I guess back then it was inconceivable that a team capable of winning the European Cup would be so poor the following season that they wouldn't even qualify for it. We're going to have this same discussion next year when whoever finishes fourth (if Chelsea don't finish in the top three) will also be denied CL football.

"Champs league should accommodate for 4 places as they do plus a winning team if not in the top 4, IMO.

The rules are clear on the point that no one country can field more than four teams. Chelsea have earned the right to defend their trophy in the same way that Liverpool were given that right. I guess back then it was inconceivable that a team capable of winning the European Cup would be so poor the following season that they wouldn't even qualify for it. We're going to have this same discussion next year when whoever finishes fourth (if Chelsea don't finish in the top three) will also be denied CL football."

I'm fully aware the rules are stated that way.

I still think it right that as stated the top four have champs league chance that it should stay that that way.

Spurs also earned the right to challenge for the champs league as they finished fourth.

Taking away nothing Chelsea have achieved, they deserve it, but so do Spurs.

In fairness to Arsenal, Spurs were streets ahead on points and were comfortably in third spot but they were architects of their own misfortune. The Redknapp/England situation was unsettling for them and it seems to have been from that moment that their season hit the skids.

"for those spurs fans who thought their team had done enough to qualify for the champions league next season - only to see their place given to chelsea tonight

I remember Liverpool being in the same position as Chelsea are tonight, Liverpool were allowed to go through even though as the rules stood they shouldn't, rules changed after that.

Champs league should accommodate for 4 places as they do plus a winning team if not in the top 4, IMO. "

Given that English clubs have four teams in the CL and we've got a quite good record in it then..at the start of the season clubs should be aiming to finish in the first three if they want to guarantee CL qualification. Maybe 4th if they're lucky. Spurs fucked up over a couple of months. Spurs fans should be pointing the finger at the usual dragging of the heels of the FA and at Harry Redknapp. Harry said 'i'm not thinking about the England job'. Two days later he's saying 'I'd love to get Scholes back in the team'

It's a bit sad for Spurs fans to want an English team to lose so they can play in a competition they've got fuck all chance of winning themselves. For what it's worth my old man is a Spurs fan and it's always the second result I look for.

'Flying high up in the sky.we'll keep the blue flag flying high'

By *pankable69Woman  over a year ago

Norwich

spare a thought for a football team!!!!

try sparing a thought for our sons and daughters that are fighting a war in the name of this country

"spare a thought for a football team!!!!

try sparing a thought for our sons and daughters that are fighting a war in the name of this country"

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

Spare a thought for the hibees. 5-1 and nae sunshine on Leith.

try sparing a thought for our sons and daughters that are fighting a war in the name of this country"

and spare a thought for those children abused regularly by their own parents.

and spare a thought for Custer who said, "Where did all these fucking indians come from?"

Champs league should accommodate for 4 places as they do plus a winning team if not in the top 4, IMO.

Given that English clubs have four teams in the CL and we've got a quite good record in it then..at the start of the season clubs should be aiming to finish in the first three if they want to guarantee CL qualification. Maybe 4th if they're lucky. Spurs fucked up over a couple of months. Spurs fans should be pointing the finger at the usual dragging of the heels of the FA and at Harry Redknapp. Harry said 'i'm not thinking about the England job'. Two days later he's saying 'I'd love to get Scholes back in the team'

It's a bit sad for Spurs fans to want an English team to lose so they can play in a competition they've got fuck all chance of winning themselves. For what it's worth my old man is a Spurs fan and it's always the second result I look for.

'Flying high up in the sky.we'll keep the blue flag flying high' "

I agree.

I have pity for Spurs at this moment.

"and spare a thought for Custer who said, "Where did all these fucking indians come from?" "

Spare a thought for me..We've just become European champions and Tra's on blob

"and spare a thought for Custer who said, "Where did all these fucking indians come from?"

Spare a thought for me..We've just become European champions and Tra's on blob"

As it was taken through the Germans back door, may I make a suggestion.lol

"and spare a thought for Custer who said, "Where did all these fucking indians come from?"

Spare a thought for me..We've just become European champions and Tra's on blob

As it was taken through the Germans back door, may I make a suggestion.lol"

If Tottenham supporters switch to ITV1 +1, they are still in the Champions League.

"

If Tottenham supporters switch to ITV1 +1, they are still in the Champions League."

PMSL.

Forum Mod

Spare a thought for me.......Rob is a Spurs fan and is at the pub

There will be loud snoring coming from his direction all bloody night!

I'll spare Spurs a thought...

Hahahaha!!

Arsenal fan.

Forum Mod

"I'll spare Spurs a thought...

Hahahaha!!

Arsenal fan. "

Well im not expecting any sympathy from you then!

"Spare a thought for the hibees. 5-1 and nae sunshine on Leith. "

excellent song choice lol oh ooops wrong thread lol

try sparing a thought for our sons and daughters that are fighting a war in the name of this country

and spare a thought for those children abused regularly by their own parents. "

and the people that pick up the pieces

"

If Tottenham supporters switch to ITV1 +1, they are still in the Champions League.

PMSL. "

me too

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

at this thread

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

i was going to take "the higher ground" in the thread... but having heard from spurs fans telling us to "mind the gap!" all season.... i have one thing to say....

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

» Add a new message to this topic