FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Child parking slots

Child parking slots

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is it just me or are some immune from civility?? Pet jag drivers who park in spots marked for people with children on board, only to watch 4 adults get out of the car??

Just arrogance or stupidity???

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think I have a right to park in there if I am with my kids as it is parent and child parking shame my kids are 27 24 and 19

Park somewhere else, it's no skin off your nose what other people do is it.

To be fair child partking spaces are only a suggestion they are not a law like disabled spots, you cant get clamped for parking in a child space if you dont have a kid, its not really a big deal if a abled bodied person and a kid has to walk a extra 3 parking bays so cant see the big deal.....sorry

"I think I have a right to park in there if I am with my kids as it is parent and child parking shame my kids are 27 24 and 19 "

I park in the parent spots even if the kids aren't with me. There aren't any signs up saying, "kids must be present".

"I think I have a right to park in there if I am with my kids as it is parent and child parking shame my kids are 27 24 and 19

I park in the parent spots even if the kids aren't with me. There aren't any signs up saying, "kids must be present". "

Never thought of that cheers

Only the signs that say with child under 12years of age and may get a £60 fine lmao

The spots are for parents with very young children, so it's ok to see a mother with a young family and a pram have to struggle so someone can park there cause they are just down right lazy???

I think sometimes it's a little of both!

my children are 14, 11 and 9 and I wouldnt dream of using a child parking space. I remember all to well having to struggle with 3 small children and a trolley full of shopping.

the spaces are clearly marked for a reason, to ignore those marking is laziness and ignorance

"Only the signs that say with child under 12years of age and may get a £60 fine lmao "

ive never seen a sign anywhere that staes you can get a fine for not having a kid in a child parking space, if you have it must be someone trying to cash in on a private car park because a trafic warden couldnt ticket you for it cause theres no law to enforce it

as a mum, I got pissed off if someone parked in parent n child spaces with their two seated sports cars, do they keep the kids in the boot?

it's not easy carrying a baby car seat and shopping etc to the furthest corner of the car park

"I think sometimes it's a little of both!

my children are 14, 11 and 9 and I wouldnt dream of using a child parking space. I remember all to well having to struggle with 3 small children and a trolley full of shopping.

the spaces are clearly marked for a reason, to ignore those marking is laziness and ignorance "

well said

"To be fair child partking spaces are only a suggestion they are not a law like disabled spots, you cant get clamped for parking in a child space if you dont have a kid, its not really a big deal if a abled bodied person and a kid has to walk a extra 3 parking bays so cant see the big deal.....sorry "

dont think its a distance issue, think its because they are wider spaces so a child wouldn't throw open a car door and create damage to another

i dont drive so when my kids was little i used to have to lug my kids and shopping home on buses, taxis etc, i coped so im sure people with cars can cope without child parking spaces

You lot have it to easy lol

"Only the signs that say with child under 12years of age and may get a £60 fine lmao

ive never seen a sign anywhere that staes you can get a fine for not having a kid in a child parking space, if you have it must be someone trying to cash in on a private car park because a trafic warden couldnt ticket you for it cause theres no law to enforce it"

The supermarkets use a private company, they go to each car park twice a day at random times, feel free to check it out or next time I'm there I will take a pic of said sign and send it to you

By *ouplefunukCouple  over a year ago

North Bristol

"I think I have a right to park in there if I am with my kids as it is parent and child parking shame my kids are 27 24 and 19

I park in the parent spots even if the kids aren't with me. There aren't any signs up saying, "kids must be present". "

I'm sure it'd be a different story if Siren was forced to struggle with 2 kids in a normal sized parking space because some lazy, arrogant sod with no consideration for anyone but themselves had parked in the last parent & child place?

Must admit I've used them without kids present but it's been later at night when I've nipped to the supermarket. Anyone with their kids out at that time of night needs to re think their parenting routine

"Only the signs that say with child under 12years of age and may get a £60 fine lmao

ive never seen a sign anywhere that staes you can get a fine for not having a kid in a child parking space, if you have it must be someone trying to cash in on a private car park because a trafic warden couldnt ticket you for it cause theres no law to enforce it

The supermarkets use a private company, they go to each car park twice a day at random times, feel free to check it out or next time I'm there I will take a pic of said sign and send it to you "

lol im really not that bothered, as ive already said if it does happen its private car parks with people trying to cash in, ive never said your not telling the truth maybe different areas work different cause we dont get that round here

Must remember to be serious in forums must remember to be serious in forums must remember to be serious in forums

The supermarkets use a private company, they go to each car park twice a day at random times, feel free to check it out or next time I'm there I will take a pic of said sign and send it to you

lol im really not that bothered, as ive already said if it does happen its private car parks with people trying to cash in, ive never said your not telling the truth maybe different areas work different cause we dont get that round here"

Lol it's a company policy not an area policy

"Must remember to be serious in forums must remember to be serious in forums must remember to be serious in forums "

hang your head in shame

lol im really not that bothered, as ive already said if it does happen its private car parks with people trying to cash in, ive never said your not telling the truth maybe different areas work different cause we dont get that round here

Lol it's a company policy not an area policy "

really, well i was a manager for asda for 15 years and i've now moved over to tesco and thats not policy for either of those companies, and i can tell you that for a fact, so i guess you either dont shop there or its not a company policy

"Must remember to be serious in forums must remember to be serious in forums must remember to be serious in forums

hang your head in shame "

awwww can I not stick me bum in air and get spanked instead

By *r ManxMan  over a year ago

NeverWhere

I park in them when I am taking a friend shopping who is on crutches and not entitled to a disabled badge !

Bigger parking bay near to shop and it's not inforceble in law and good luck clamping me

I carry bolt cutters and an angle grinder in my tool box

Lol it's a company policy not an area policy

really, well i was a manager for asda for 15 years and i've now moved over to tesco and thats not policy for either of those companies, and i can tell you that for a fact, so i guess you either dont shop there or its not a company policy "

Lol I work for one of those companies and it is company policy also new company policy name the company online in any context and face dismissal which is why I didn't name said company in the first place, as I said feel free to check up, I'm really not fussed

By *eighleedsMan  over a year ago

leeds

i Just park where ever i feel like when it comes to a supermarket carpark,

the markings mean nothing, it i snot illegal to ignore them, the carparks are usually left to the likes of Europarks or similar, a private company with no power to fine anyone for anything.

Dont let em scare ya,

So as adults you purposely go against what is asked just because you can. think its child like behaviour personally. And people then question where respect has gone from society.. lol

can no longer bitch at teenagers for not doing as they are told if as adults you stick 2 fingers up at a simple request (legal or not)

leeds

"So as adults you purposely go against what is asked just because you can. think its child like behaviour personally. And people then question where respect has gone from society.. lol

can no longer bitch at teenagers for not doing as they are told if as adults you stick 2 fingers up at a simple request (legal or not)"

nope, in my case its a work thing, the store managers wont let us use the loading bay in the goods in area, so i am parking as close as i can get to the main door

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

If you can open a car door, then you can get a child in and out. We did it for our kids when they were little 20 odd years ago without child bays.

Walking across a car park with toddlers isn't a problem if you have hold of their hands, and even with a wonky trolley it is doable....so I don't know why there is a need for MAB bays.

Having said that, I don't use them, but I don't think I would leave one empty if it was the last car parking space just incase someone came along with a baby.

im over 9mths pregnant and use these bays from about 6-7ish mths pregnant as trying to get out my car in a normal slot just cant be done i need the door open fully or i have to park far from the door of store which after doing the shopping and waiting to pay in line and pushing trolly all the way back to car can be very tiring for me.. so yes if i see men in sports cars or people on their own parking there it does irritate me as they can park else where without problems

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

the only time iv parked in a child spot was at 9.30 one night, nearly empty car park ,and a silly woman pulled me up on it,i very politely pointed out the time and the empty car park,she said you obviously cant read,

wont tell you my answer its not for the fainthearted

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

That's the trouble with living in a 'wipe your arse for you' country....we are almost treating parenthood like it's a sodding disability.

Having children is not a disability....nor is it a god given right....it's something women have been doing ever since the invention of the motor car....

I recently witnessed a young mother screaming her head off at a disabled driver who had to park in a mother and child space because he couldn't find a disabled space....regardless of the fact the poor sod was in a wheelchair.

By *ovedupstillCouple  over a year ago

mullinwire

ho leee fook!!!!

how the hell did we manage before child parking spaces?

i remember my mother taking 3 kids, under5, on a bus, into town, and having to do a weekly shop, in half a dozen different shops, and then bus it back, with all the bags.

and parents now cant walk a litle further with their already overly spoiled offspring?

do me a favour.

whats the matter?

scard of getting the bottoms of ya pygamas dirty?

"That's the trouble with living in a 'wipe your arse for you' country....we are almost treating parenthood like it's a sodding disability.

Having children is not a disability....nor is it a god given right....it's something women have been doing ever since the invention of the motor car....

I recently witnessed a young mother screaming her head off at a disabled driver who had to park in a mother and child space because he couldn't find a disabled space....regardless of the fact the poor sod was in a wheelchair.

"

as a disabled driver myself i know how that feels

"That's the trouble with living in a 'wipe your arse for you' country....we are almost treating parenthood like it's a sodding disability.

"

If I'd seen that I'd have gone over and told the silly bitch where to go! GRRR

I draw the line at parking in disabled spots.. unless there's no mother & child spots vacant.

"To be fair child partking spaces are only a suggestion they are not a law like disabled spots, you cant get clamped for parking in a child space if you dont have a kid, its not really a big deal if a abled bodied person and a kid has to walk a extra 3 parking bays so cant see the big deal.....sorry "

Thats actually not correct NN, at our local asda if you park in the adult and child spaces and do not have kids you get a ticket with the usual fines.

Kat x x

mullinwire

"To be fair child partking spaces are only a suggestion they are not a law like disabled spots, you cant get clamped for parking in a child space if you dont have a kid, its not really a big deal if a abled bodied person and a kid has to walk a extra 3 parking bays so cant see the big deal.....sorry

Thats actually not correct NN, at our local asda if you park in the adult and child spaces and do not have kids you get a ticket with the usual fines.

Kat x x"

fines are one thing, being enforcable are quite another

"

Thats pretty much how i see it

I've had 3 kids and never had a car, when i used to go shopping i used to take the double push chair and push the kids down in it and take the slig to put the youngest one in on the way back, put another child in one seat and load my shopping on the other seat and handle bars and push it to the bus stop and get the bus home, and some moan they struggle if they cant get the parking spot that wanted

hang on wheres my violin

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Three posts in this thread are just jealous ........

the one that said 'jag'

the two that said 'sports cars'

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

I've had 3 kids and never had a car, when i used to go shopping i used to take the double push chair and push the kids down in it and take the slig to put the youngest one in on the way back, put another child in one seat and load my shopping on the other seat and handle bars and push it to the bus stop and get the bus home, and some moan they struggle if they cant get the parking spot that wanted

hang on wheres my violin "

me too,life was hard in the old days lol

of course if your disabled you should beable to park where is convent..

also as a previous poster said once you can move youself and child i see no reason to park else where even if it is abit further away to return to your car..and at night you should park where you want mothers with young children shouldnt be shopping at stupid hours

"To be fair child partking spaces are only a suggestion they are not a law like disabled spots, you cant get clamped for parking in a child space if you dont have a kid, its not really a big deal if a abled bodied person and a kid has to walk a extra 3 parking bays so cant see the big deal.....sorry

Kat x x

fines are one thing, being enforcable are quite another"

yeah ive already admitted defeat on that one lol as it seems some companies will clamp or fine you on private land, they must just be lax round here because i've never seen it, i will be looking out for it from now on tho lol

hang on wheres my violin "

For some reason the story of my Mum pushing my new born baby brother into town in his huge pram and then coming home without him springs to mind, she had a baby brain moment and left him parked ( remember them days) outside a shop lol

mullinwire

maybe we should go the other way and ban mothers and children from shopping centres.

that way i dont need to worry about where i push my trolley, get dirty looks when little tommy runs infront of me, have to listen to the words 'mummy' or 'no!' in every aisle, a thousand times or have to watch parents beating their children because they wont put the mars bar back on the shelf.

saw one woman that was so used to her kid walking off, she told her not to go anywhere, as the kid was sat inthe bloody trolley. WHAT CHANCE HAD SHE GOT!!!????

leeds

lkot of people responding to this thread talking about fines for parking where ever

If its a supermarket carpark it is private property, park where you like, the marking sont the bays have no basis for enforcement in law

h some company such as Eurocarparks may write to you with what seems like a parking ticket, it isnt, ignore it, no matter what they treaten you with, its not a parking ticket, its an invoice you do not have to pay it.

"i dont drive so when my kids was little i used to have to lug my kids and shopping home on buses, taxis etc, i coped so im sure people with cars can cope without child parking spaces

You lot have it to easy lol"

By *azmissy67Woman  over a year ago

welshpool area

"i dont drive so when my kids was little i used to have to lug my kids and shopping home on buses, taxis etc, i coped so im sure people with cars can cope without child parking spaces

You lot have it to easy lol"

here here !

I only learnt to drive when my youngest of my four children was 5 and i had to struggle with buses double pushchairs shopping etc etc before that !

Must admit i do sometimes park in the parent and child bays altho my youngest is now 11 but my reason is very valid - the doors on my galaxy are massive and normal parking bays are sometimes too narrow lol

"Three posts in this thread are just jealous ........

the one that said 'jag'

"

. lol my car is a sport... but it has recaro car seats in the back for the kids!! lol

"Three posts in this thread are just jealous ........

the one that said 'jag'

. lol my car is a sport... but it has recaro car seats in the back for the kids!! lol"

lol have a sports car too, will have to get rid when i've had baby

"Must remember to be serious in forums must remember to be serious in forums must remember to be serious in forums

hang your head in shame

awwww can I not stick me bum in air and get spanked instead "

Offers to dole out the punishment

I have kids who r older and I no longer park in these spaces as I don't need to, yes they are a convenience and not a necessity but they are a welcome benifit. Would never dream of parking in a disabled spot, that's just wrong.

In my local store the parent child spaces are all in a place where the parents and their children do not have to cross the road, great I think.

Always tried to use the bigger spaces with children as it is easier to stap them in when ur not worried about scratching the car next to u or when ur fat mam arse can't fit in a standard space. Think cars r bigger and spaces smaller too these days

By *waymanMan  over a year ago

newcastle

"So as adults you purposely go against what is asked just because you can. think its child like behaviour personally. And people then question where respect has gone from society.. lol

can no longer bitch at teenagers for not doing as they are told if as adults you stick 2 fingers up at a simple request (legal or not)"

What if I think it's a cynical attempt by a company (like Tesco, or Asda) to make it look like they care about parents with kids, when in reality they just think parents with kids will spend more than me?

Is it OK to think 'fuck 'em' in that case?

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

can no longer bitch at teenagers for not doing as they are told if as adults you stick 2 fingers up at a simple request (legal or not)What if I think it's a cynical attempt by a company (like Tesco, or Asda) to make it look like they care about parents with kids, when in reality they just think parents with kids will spend more than me?

Is it OK to think 'fuck 'em' in that case?"

You cynic!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"lkot of people responding to this thread talking about fines for parking where ever

If its a supermarket carpark it is private property, park where you like, the marking sont the bays have no basis for enforcement in law

h some company such as Eurocarparks may write to you with what seems like a parking ticket, it isnt, ignore it, no matter what they treaten you with, its not a parking ticket, its an invoice you do not have to pay it.

"

Never respond to their letters, demands etc, don't waste your energy. I believe there isn't one case known in British courts of any of these private notices being enforced, and someone forced to settle payment.

That said, I do wonder whether cars with obese children in, where there's no medical reason for it, shouldn't have enforced parking spaces about 3 miles from the store doors.

Most people park in these bays because all other bays are to small for you car and the idiot that opens there door next to you allways puts a small dent it your car

xx

well thats what i think xx jill

North Bristol

It's just laziness pure and simple. People park where they want because they're too damn lazy to walk an extra few feet.

No wonder obesity is such a growing problem

*Her*

My local tesco and Asda have notices up.. one states for under 12s, one for under 5s... I think its bad manners for someone without young kids to use them... Now I have a blue badge so can park in disabled... But the parent and child spaces mean no roads to cross.

When I was pregnant those spaces were a god send...

If I go shopping by myself which I much prefer to do... I will park out the way but close to a trolley bay...

You can report cars at our Asda and they will read out the registration number and as that they move...

Cali

By *mm_n_ZedCouple  over a year ago

Fareham

This is bugger all to do with obesity and it pisses me off that, yet again, people are making it so.

Parent parking spaces are wider so that mums and dads can open the door of their car sufficiently wide enough to get junior out of the car seat. Years ago, kids just rattled around in the back with no restraints, like human cannon balls, so getting them out wasn't a problem. Now it's different.

A lot of people on here seem to have sour grapes just because they had to drag their kids into town on a bus - as I had to a couple of decades ago (three kids, pushchair = harrowing bus journey) but why does that mean that today's generation of mums and dads should have a hard time of it? THINGS MOVE ON!

I think anyone without a small child is just being pig ignorant parking in parent and child slots - and far from the parent being the lazy one, it is THEY who are being a bunch of lazy, inconsiderate twunts. Rant over.

our council ,Fife council,tend to over do child parking and disabeld places ,,i have seen me driving round and round ,trying to get parked ,none to be had ,but yet there are litery dozens of disabled and child parking places lying empty .furthermore i cand see how many of these places are of any bennifet to mother or the infirm because they are a long way from our town center ,Sorry mums needs must so i just park, mind you i do keep my grandsons baby seat in the back ,just incace some little jobs worth try to give me a ticking off

thing is, 25 years ago, there were no parking spaces for parents with kids. Everyone just had to walk. My mum used to walk with us 3 to the market. 3km back and forth. OMG how we pointed at people without children overtaking us!! Oh and imagine we kids had to help her carrying the groceries!! The shock, I know.

I think some people take their 'right' for a parking space a bit too seriously.

King's Crustacean

My name is Granny and I am a naughty parker if there are no other spaces near to the entrance.

I don't see why I have to walk miles with my shopping cos YOU have children.

Seriously!

Besides......... none of it matters. Shopping is a dying passtime. The high streets are wasted. Your kids will shop online so ......chill .....

You can all fight over the biggest swivel chair with the most space around it.

"My name is Granny and I am a naughty parker if there are no other spaces near to the entrance.

I don't see why I have to walk miles with my shopping cos YOU have children.

Seriously!

Besides......... none of it matters. ShoppingC is a dying passtime. The high streets are wasted. Your kids will shop online so ......chill .....

You can all fight over the biggest swivel chair with the most space around it.

"

And It's the attitudes of some on this thread that show why as a community we are falling.

Yes when I had my youngest I not only didn't drive but there were no spaces... But now there are as a safety thing. It's nothing to do with being lazy...

Car seats mean you need to open doors wide... Would you rather take these spaces away and then get your car doors banged...

I have a car that even in a parent and child space if myself and the person next to me both open our doors we would be touching....

It's just inconsiderate and thoughtless to be fair...

Cali

King's Crustacean

"And It's the attitudes of some on this thread that show why as a community we are falling.

Yes when I had my youngest I not only didn't drive but there were no spaces... But now there are as a safety thing. It's nothing to do with being lazy...

Car seats mean you need to open doors wide... Would you rather take these spaces away and then get your car doors banged...

I have a car that even in a parent and child space if myself and the person next to me both open our doors we would be touching....

Cali"

I agree Cali. Inconsiderate and thoughtless it is.

Will you all stop breeding and taking up the tarmac!

Spaces should be wide enough for us all not just those with children.

Anyone got a toddler for short loan ? I need a pint of milk.....

King's Crustacean

P.S.

I laughed out loud at the idea of naughty parking being the cause of the decline of society.

By *ilandlarryCouple  over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

"And It's the attitudes of some on this thread that show why as a community we are falling.

Cali"

"P.S.

I laughed out loud at the idea of naughty parking being the cause of the decline of society.

"

I mean the whole I don't care attitude...

Cali

King's Crustacean

"P.S.

I mean the whole I don't care attitude...

Cali "

I know but I don't think that the tendency to use a parking space allocated on a might , might not be used basis is a good indicator of social attitude in general though.

Breeding in an overpopulated world might be.

we all should have bigger parking spaces, not just parent & child or disabled, so our cars dont get scratched as muppets who reverse into the spaces push their trolley down the side of our car to reach their car boot.

. (tongue in cheek comment following on from another thread about reversing or drive into parking places)

I second that sassy thinks some ppl wont get very far on fab when they wont take simple requests onboard hahahaha

North Bristol

"

I think anyone without a small child is just being pig ignorant parking in parent and child slots - and far from the parent being the lazy one, it is THEY who are being a bunch of lazy, inconsiderate twunts. Rant over."

And me. Which is why if your post was in response to mine, I think you should read it again. If it wasn't in response to mine, I apologise.

*Her*

King's Crustacean

"we all should have bigger parking spaces, not just parent & child or disabled, so our cars dont get scratched as muppets who reverse into the spaces push their trolley down the side of our car to reach their car boot.

. (tongue in cheek comment following on from another thread about reversing or drive into parking places) "

I said that..... Bigger spaces for all parkers..... That's my manifesto now

"we all should have bigger parking spaces, not just parent & child or disabled, so our cars dont get scratched as muppets who reverse into the spaces push their trolley down the side of our car to reach their car boot.

. (tongue in cheek comment following on from another thread about reversing or drive into parking places)

I said that..... Bigger spaces for all parkers..... That's my manifesto now"

i'll sign it granny .... after all ... when all the disabled spaces and p&c spaces are full... they park in OUR spaces... but do you hear us complain ???? no you don't

King's Crustacean

i'll sign it granny .... after all ... when all the disabled spaces and p&c spaces are full... they park in OUR spaces... but do you hear us complain ???? no you don't "

What ! People with kids park in OUR spaces ?

Well it's selfish and inconsiderate I say !!

"

I know but I don't think that the tendency to use a parking space allocated on a might , might not be used basis is a good indicator of social attitude in general though.

Breeding in an overpopulated world might be. "

It's not just the parking its just the whole I can do what I like and bugger the people it may affect.. its like holding doors open for people. Or letting someone else have your seat on the bus.... I have heard the argument given on this thread for the pushchair spaces on buses too...

I remember struggling to get a pushchair down then often being made to stand with a baby in arms on a bus... Now you could say that I had no more right to a seat... But I was taught manners.... So I apply that same thought to the parking.. so that is why I say the attitudes show the demise in areas of community..

Simply manners and being a good person seem to be failing.. but I'll keep teaching my kids to give up seats for others and to be considerate to others.

Cali

i'll sign it granny .... after all ... when all the disabled spaces and p&c spaces are full... they park in OUR spaces... but do you hear us complain ???? no you don't

What ! People with kids park in OUR spaces ?

Well it's selfish and inconsiderate I say !!"

it does happen.. seen it with me own eyes even had to go to customer service & report it

King's Crustacean

See I'd agree with you Cali .... in fact I do for most of it .... BUT .....

the 'bugger other people' bit -

I can relate that to those with the 'right' to use the parking spaces not giving a fuck about those who not allowed to ..... six of one etc..... No parent is going to fight for better parking for anyone else except themselves....

Cali : Why did you take the biggest cake Granny ?

Granny: Cos I had first pick.

Cali: Well I have manners. If I had first pick i'd have taken the smaller one

Granny: Then you got what you wanted!

The meek really don't inherit the ear

But granny I'd have got you to move. I've done it on lots of occasions... So I'm not meek... Most people when you confront them about it will move... And at our store they will take a report seriously.

To be fair its rare since my kids could walk I've bothered with them... And to be fair I rarely use the disabled space either simply because I find that a space next to a trolley bay makes my shopping easier..

But as it is marked I do find it ignorant... And I wouldn't use the spaces unless I had another child.

Cali

King's Crustacean

Mmmm nope. You really couldn't have got me to move till I finished my shop and by then I'd be really happy to move.

I meant the meek don't inherit the earth and in being too thoughtful you will be walked over and used... and don't say ooo lovely I like a bit of that.

King's Crustacean

that's WALKED with an L

Fareham

"

I think anyone without a small child is just being pig ignorant parking in parent and child slots - and far from the parent being the lazy one, it is THEY who are being a bunch of lazy, inconsiderate twunts. Rant over.

And me. Which is why if your post was in response to mine, I think you should read it again. If it wasn't in response to mine, I apologise.

*Her*"

No - it wasn't in response to yours

newcastle

"

Breeding in an overpopulated world might be.

It's not just the parking its just the whole I can do what I like and bugger the people it may affect.. its like holding doors open for people. Or letting someone else have your seat on the bus.... I have heard the argument given on this thread for the pushchair spaces on buses too...

I remember struggling to get a pushchair down then often being made to stand with a baby in arms on a bus... Now you could say that I had no more right to a seat... But I was taught manners.... So I apply that same thought to the parking.. so that is why I say the attitudes show the demise in areas of community..

Simply manners and being a good person seem to be failing.. but I'll keep teaching my kids to give up seats for others and to be considerate to others.

Cali "

Here's the problem. Good manners depend on reciprocation. In my experience the chippy tossers who drive half a mile to Tesco's in their 4x4 with brats in tow believe they are entitled to a parking slot closer to the shop than the rest of us, and whinge incessantly if they don;t get their own way.

Given that I spent the first two years of my daughters life folding up her buggy to get on a bus to go anywhere, is it really such a hardship for Mrs Chav to have to walk from the back of the carpark? Ity's the triumph of the whingeocracy, the people who think they're special and that life should be made easier for them at the expense of the rest...

I really couldn't give a crap who parks in "parent/child" parking spaces... i do care about those who park in Disabled only spaces.

Parents who have had children made a choice... the majority of people who are disabled have not made a choice! why should people get priority spacing just because of the choice they made to pop one out.. that's like saying there should be special spaces for people who get married or people who have tattoos or people who drive a BMW etc etc.. you made a lifestyle choice, you shouldn't get priority for it!

I seriously cant believe that so many people actually care about who parks where when they go shopping, makes me almost glad i dont drive

Id seriously be happy to have the option to drive and would be more than happy to walk from the other side of the car park

If you want to know what struggling really is next time you go shopping take 3 young kids and leave your car at home

By *he one you wantMan  over a year ago

kidsgrove

"Is it just me or are some immune from civility?? Pet jag drivers who park in spots marked for people with children on board, only to watch 4 adults get out of the car??

Just arrogance or stupidity???"

I got 3 kids under 5 and it really p#sses me off when this happens. I've just blocked them in before now

What does it matter how far they have driven or what car they drive. I live 0.3 miles from my Tesco... If I am grabbing maybe two shopping bags full.. then I walk... However if It's a full weeks shop, then I take the car..

Around here having a 4x4 once the weather turns becomes a god send... As you get stuck with other cars.. so 4x4 or 4wd cars are very common around here.

I just see parking in marked bays as rude and inconsiderate... Always will..

Cali

"

If you want to know what struggling really is next time you go shopping take 3 young kids and leave your car at home "

Been there done that... And I normally park out the way...but to me It's the principle of it... If you have an issue with these spaces take it up with the companies... Not the parents.

Cali

newcastle

"

If you want to know what struggling really is next time you go shopping take 3 young kids and leave your car at home

Been there done that... And I normally park out the way...but to me It's the principle of it... If you have an issue with these spaces take it up with the companies... Not the parents.

Cali "

But if I ever parked in those spaces (and I don't - so it's a moot point really) I wouldn't be harming parents in any way, or being rude to them. Only the fully paid up whingeograts who believe there is some special kind of suffering involving being a breeder and dragging your kids to the shops could take it personally - to the rest of us it's just part of the daily friction, like putting up with not being able to get down the road to work because of all the lazy arses who double park outside the local school because their obese offspring can't walk half a mile each morning and afternoon.

I have no kids and I'm not disabled, so I don't park in those spaces...in fact I rarely park near the doors because everyone else seems to want to be by the entrance so I park a bit further away to avoid the door dingers and reckless trolley pushers. Then I use these wonderful things called legs and walk a few extra feet to the door...and that's despite being overweight!

I know the child parking isn't enforceable, but it's just simple good manners. Plus as these spaces avoid having kids crossing roads surely that's better too as I'm less likely to have a near miss with some kid running ahead of Mummy to get to the car? Maybe it does pamper new parents a bit, but supermarket car parks must be busier today with more people driving so it makes sense to keep the brats out of harms way x

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

I would have quite liked to have been able to park in wider parking spaces near the front of the store when I had to get very frail elderly parents in and out of the car.

However, we just had to park at the back of the car park and take our time walking to the store whilst sprightly fit parents parked directly outside and skipped into the store with their 4/6/8 year old kids....

"I would have quite liked to have been able to park in wider parking spaces near the front of the store when I had to get very frail elderly parents in and out of the car.

However, we just had to park at the back of the car park and take our time walking to the store whilst sprightly fit parents parked directly outside and skipped into the store with their 4/6/8 year old kids.... "

Must admit, I have had similar issues with 2 friends of mine who have difficulty walking but don't qualify for disabled parking for various reasons. It's not ideal, but I'll usually drop them by the entrance and then go park x

Master posting

When I go to the supermarket I park my car on the road away fron the car park, I dont want my car damaged by women drivers and old people who should not be driving but should use the bus.

As for those who park in spaces for disabled or people with children when you are neither disabled or have children, I hope you get clamped, boxed in or some of those unruly children ram the trolley into your ignorantly parked car, that would really make me laugh out loud.

Fareham

"I would have quite liked to have been able to park in wider parking spaces near the front of the store when I had to get very frail elderly parents in and out of the car.

However, we just had to park at the back of the car park and take our time walking to the store whilst sprightly fit parents parked directly outside and skipped into the store with their 4/6/8 year old kids....

Must admit, I have had similar issues with 2 friends of mine who have difficulty walking but don't qualify for disabled parking for various reasons. It's not ideal, but I'll usually drop them by the entrance and then go park x"

Let's hear it for common sense and balanced civility

Can't imagine why anyone would want to take kids shopping in the first place

"Can't imagine why anyone would want to take kids shopping in the first place "

Because sometimes you have no choice....

Cali

"Master posting

When I go to the supermarket I park my car on the road away fron the car park, I dont want my car damaged by women drivers and old people who should not be driving but should use the bus.

As for those who park in spaces for disabled or people with children when you are neither disabled or have children, I hope you get clamped, boxed in or some of those unruly children ram the trolley into your ignorantly parked car, that would really make me laugh out loud.

"

A my dads bigger than your dad comment

"Master posting

A my dads bigger than your dad comment "

Master posting

I dont think I mentioned my dad to be honest, let me look again.............no I never mentioned my dad, I mentioned, women drivers, old people, ferral children banging shopping trolleys into people parked in the parent and child spaces and I also mentioned laughing out loud, no mention of my dad and even If I had I would not have said he was bigger than yours as my dad is 3 ft 4 with his shoes on and wont be fighting anyone as he is currently on tour with Moscow state circus.

"Master posting

A my dads bigger than your dad comment

Master posting

I dont think I mentioned my dad to be honest, let me look again.............no I never mentioned my dad, I mentioned, women drivers, old people, ferral children banging shopping trolleys into people parked in the parent and child spaces and I also mentioned laughing out loud, no mention of my dad and even If I had I would not have said he was bigger than yours as my dad is 3 ft 4 with his shoes on and wont be fighting anyone as he is currently on tour with Moscow state circus. "

In that case your post discriminates against Dads

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I know the solution to this..............shop online and get it delivered

"I know the solution to this..............shop online and get it delivered "

I was actually just thinking the same

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"Is it just me or are some immune from civility?? Pet jag drivers who park in spots marked for people with children on board, only to watch 4 adults get out of the car??

Haven't read the while of the thread so apologies if I am repeating other posts

But......

How on earth did people cope before parent and child parking lol I regularly park in those spaces. Why do people with kids deserve to park closer to the shops than me?

If its because the kids might run into the isle where cars are driving.....look after and control your kids better.

My parents had me, a child in a buggy and a child in a wheelchair and we still used.normal parking spaces (until.we got a magic blue badge)

So I think the arrogance is on the part of the parents who think their choice to have children entitles them to special treatment

evesham

"Master posting

"

For someone with a petrol head wife that is quite a sexist post

King's Crustacean

"Master posting

For someone with a petrol head wife that is quite a sexist post"

Are you on the mildist juice?

It's totally without credit.

King's Crustacean

"I know the solution to this..............shop online and get it delivered "

I said that ten posts ago ....what time did you get up ?

King's Crustacean

"I know the solution to this..............shop online and get it delivered

I was actually just thinking the same "

Hmmph !

I said that ten posts ago ....what time did you get up ?"

I never have problems parking, I always send Kate

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I said that ten posts ago ....what time did you get up ?"

Just now

I don't recall ever asking for spaces to be provided for me As a parent... The shops provide them... So is it the parents expecting or the shops offering them because it makes sense...

YEs control your children but it only takes a moment for a small child to get away... Everything these days is there to make life easier.. but seems if it makes a parents life easier then they are lazy...

I try to be honest to not take my kids shopping...nothing to do with parking but just that its easier...

Cali

King's Crustacean

I said that ten posts ago ....what time did you get up ?

I never have problems parking, I always send Kate "

I don't mind you sending Kate. It's the fact that you wear a cap and waddle on your knees n she has a weeks washing stuck up her jumper......shameless

I was actually just thinking the same

Hmmph !"

realised after I thought it and posted I was having a blonde moment and that that was what you had already said

Its deffo not illegal, but I view most deff as selfish and ignorant. I wonder how many off you have had small car park dings in your cars.....as a result of a parent being forced into a smaller regular bay..... so much for the big society xxx

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I know another solution....don't park so close to the next car and you won't get dints

( unless you are in Asda as their car spaces are smaller than everyone else's and you will get dints no matter what....another good reason not to shop there )

"I know another solution....don't park so close to the next car and you won't get dints

( unless you are in Asda as their car spaces are smaller than everyone else's and you will get dints no matter what....another good reason not to shop there )"

I am the worlds worst at parking so I find the biggest space I can which is always the furthest away from door

King's Crustacean

"I know another solution....don't park so close to the next car and you won't get dints

( unless you are in Asda as their car spaces are smaller than everyone else's and you will get dints no matter what....another good reason not to shop there )"

I take exception to this post .... it is plain Asdaism at it's worst. Asda's car parking spaces are no less than average!

Long Live WallMart..... Ka Chink Chink!

Haven't read the while of the thread so apologies if I am repeating other posts

But......

How on earth did people cope before parent and child parking lol I regularly park in those spaces. Why do people with kids deserve to park closer to the shops than me?

If its because the kids might run into the isle where cars are driving.....look after and control your kids better.

My parents had me, a child in a buggy and a child in a wheelchair and we still used.normal parking spaces (until.we got a magic blue badge)

So I think the arrogance is on the part of the parents who think their choice to have children entitles them to special treatment "

I work shifts in a pub and lose count on the number of parents, mostly mums that give no thought or consideration to other people and park their pushchairs in front of fire exits and block gangways yet we are expected to be considerate to them But of course if we fell over them and burnt their child, they would soon be moaning but show off if we ask them to move the pushchairs

Makes my blood boil, there is absolutely no reason for people to park in these places unless they are disabled or have young children. Clamp them all I say!!

There are 2 spaces reserved for disabled at my local shop and I regularly see a police car parked there while the get their dohnuts and the elderly have to go elsewhere

Forum Mod

O o O oo

[Removed by poster at 20/05/12 12:31:37]

dont think theres much diff between the big supermarkets regular parking spots....NONE of them provide enough room to fully open a car door...therefore dings will happen when kids open doors..... maybe this is why some sports car users really use kid spots to protect thier cars ?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

( unless you are in Asda as their car spaces are smaller than everyone else's and you will get dints no matter what....another good reason not to shop there )

I take exception to this post .... it is plain Asdaism at it's worst. Asda's car parking spaces are no less than average!

"

They are in Aintree....try it !

Seriously though has anyone else found Asda's spaces are smaller?

"Makes my blood boil, there is absolutely no reason for people to park in these places unless they are disabled or have young children. Clamp them all I say!!

There are 2 spaces reserved for disabled at my local shop and I regularly see a police car parked there while the get their dohnuts and the elderly have to go elsewhere "

take a photo on ya fone...email it to police asking for an explanation..... then be ready to be pulled up regularly x

King's Crustacean

Seriously though has anyone else found Asda's spaces are smaller? "

ooooooo I'm often there. Next time you are there give me a shout and I'll stand you one of their very cheap breakfasts and then offer to show you how to get large things into small spaces..

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Seriously though has anyone else found Asda's spaces are smaller?

ooooooo I'm often there. Next time you are there give me a shout and I'll stand you one of their very cheap breakfasts and then offer to show you how to get large things into small spaces.. "

lol will do

London

"Can't imagine why anyone would want to take kids shopping in the first place "
...or frail, elderly parents.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Can't imagine why anyone would want to take kids shopping in the first place ...or frail, elderly parents.

"

If they are anything like the MIL....it is because she wants to get out and see what she is buying....although I just drop her at the door and go park the car, then she just about lasts to do her shopping....then pick her back up at the door on the way out

Online grocery shopping is a wondrous thing, no petrol wasted, no trolley rage, parking space rage, no queuing to get to car park rage, car stays dent/scratch free and all from the comfort of my lounge enjoying a beer I wouldn't have been able to have if I'd chose to drive to the poxy supermarket

By *ornyHorwichCpl aka HHCCouple  over a year ago

horwich

No kids, don't drive and shop on-line. For that reason I'm out!!

"Can't imagine why anyone would want to take kids shopping in the first place ...or frail, elderly parents.

"

the ones that do this may well not have a choice

King's Crustacean

"Online grocery shopping is a wondrous thing, no petrol wasted, no trolley rage, parking space rage, no queuing to get to car park rage, car stays dent/scratch free and all from the comfort of my lounge enjoying a beer I wouldn't have been able to have if I'd chose to drive to the poxy supermarket "

I ordered six gigantic soap powders n they had none so i got none.

I ordered three x 18 bog rolls they sent me just one.

I had a dog years ago and ordered dog meat to save me shopping....... he had to have chicken.....

last week .......the fugging coffee... I was gagging....

Hate it and im against substitution.

They also sell you stuff that's going out of date.

newcastle

"I don't recall ever asking for spaces to be provided for me As a parent... The shops provide them... So is it the parents expecting or the shops offering them because it makes sense...

YEs control your children but it only takes a moment for a small child to get away... Everything these days is there to make life easier.. but seems if it makes a parents life easier then they are lazy...

I try to be honest to not take my kids shopping...nothing to do with parking but just that its easier...

Cali "

Sorry but that's bollocks. You keep veering from claiming it's good manners to it's all about what the shops want. I don't give a toss what Tesco's want. If Tesco's want to make your life easier, but mine harder, you can hardly complain iof I give Tesco's the two fingered salute and do what I feel like doing, especially as, despite all the special pleading and whingeing, it doesn't actually cause you any harm......

As for the kids running out and getting run over meme, which is the most spurious piece of shroud waving I've ever seen, all I can say is that if you have that little control over your kids a parents only parking space is only delaying the inevitable - which is nice for Tesco's since at least it won;t be on their property, but hardly a solution to the root problem.

"I don't recall ever asking for spaces to be provided for me As a parent... The shops provide them... So is it the parents expecting or the shops offering them because it makes sense...

Cali Sorry but that's bollocks. You keep veering from claiming it's good manners to it's all about what the shops want. I don't give a toss what Tesco's want. If Tesco's want to make your life easier, but mine harder, you can hardly complain iof I give Tesco's the two fingered salute and do what I feel like doing, especially as, despite all the special pleading and whingeing, it doesn't actually cause you any harm......

As for the kids running out and getting run over meme, which is the most spurious piece of shroud waving I've ever seen, all I can say is that if you have that little control over your kids a parents only parking space is only delaying the inevitable - which is nice for Tesco's since at least it won;t be on their property, but hardly a solution to the root problem."

Master Posting

So having to walk an extra few feet is making your life harder ? I love this thread it shows the petty minded simplistic views that have taken over society, imagine the audacity of a shop asking you to walk a few extra feet to do your shopping, whatever will they do next, your rant against Tesco, Parents with kids etc is all about how hard it is making your life ? I despair at the human race.

"

As for the kids running out and getting run over meme, which is the most spurious piece of shroud waving I've ever seen, all I can say is that if you have that little control over your kids a parents only parking space is only delaying the inevitable - which is nice for Tesco's since at least it won;t be on their property, but hardly a solution to the root problem."

Actually my children dont run out, and when they were very little I would have reins or put them straight into a pushchair or trolley. So that bit doesnt apply to me.

What amases me is disabled spaces are only inforced the same way as parent and child spaces, yet most ( not all) realise that its unacceptable to park in those spaces.

To me its no different... maybe I was just brought up with better respect for my fellow human beings.

Bare in mind I have kids, one of whom is disabled but rarely park in parent and child as I prefer to park away from the areas that trolleys just get abandoned.

Cali

By *exki11enWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

"

Master Posting

So having to walk an extra few feet is making your life harder ? I love this thread it shows the petty minded simplistic views that have taken over society, imagine the audacity of a shop asking you to walk a few extra feet to do your shopping, whatever will they do next, your rant against Tesco, Parents with kids etc is all about how hard it is making your life ? I despair at the human race. "

And I don't have children! (just a shred of common decency)

I'm amazed about the sense of entitlement some people have. I think some should take their head out of their bums and instead get it moving instead of driving. It may help lol

newcastle

Cali Sorry but that's bollocks. You keep veering from claiming it's good manners to it's all about what the shops want. I don't give a toss what Tesco's want. If Tesco's want to make your life easier, but mine harder, you can hardly complain iof I give Tesco's the two fingered salute and do what I feel like doing, especially as, despite all the special pleading and whingeing, it doesn't actually cause you any harm......

As for the kids running out and getting run over meme, which is the most spurious piece of shroud waving I've ever seen, all I can say is that if you have that little control over your kids a parents only parking space is only delaying the inevitable - which is nice for Tesco's since at least it won;t be on their property, but hardly a solution to the root problem.

Master Posting

So having to walk an extra few feet is making your life harder ? I love this thread it shows the petty minded simplistic views that have taken over society, imagine the audacity of a shop asking you to walk a few extra feet to do your shopping, whatever will they do next, your rant against Tesco, Parents with kids etc is all about how hard it is making your life ? I despair at the human race. "

Really?

I didn't start this thread. The whingeocracy did. They're the one's complaining that it makes their lives harder if they don't have special parking spaces just for them which no-one else can use.

You really should go back to the start of the thread and try reading it.

newcastle

"

Actually my children dont run out, and when they were very little I would have reins or put them straight into a pushchair or trolley. So that bit doesnt apply to me.

What amases me is disabled spaces are only inforced the same way as parent and child spaces, yet most ( not all) realise that its unacceptable to park in those spaces.

To me its no different... maybe I was just brought up with better respect for my fellow human beings.

Bare in mind I have kids, one of whom is disabled but rarely park in parent and child as I prefer to park away from the areas that trolleys just get abandoned.

Cali "

If that bit doesn't apply to you, because you know better, why cite it in argument?

There is no parking enforcement on private land, so the disabled spaces are enforced exactly as are the parents and kids spaces. If people respect them more, it's because they intuitively recognise the spurious arguments for priority for parents with kids for what they are - marketing dressed up as a safety crusade. It's only on the highway that there are legally enforceable differences in the way the disabled are treated.

As for the spurious claim to a certain moral authority because you were brought up with better respect for human beings, spare us. It's not about respect; all you've done in this thread is dress up naked self interest in shabby second rate arguments that would disgrace a high school debating society. Like the rest of the whingeocracy you won't address the point that manners are reciprocal, and it's that gap in your moral compass that explains the way you've lurched into the disguised ad hominem attacks of 'maybe I was brought up with better self respect' - appeals to bogus moral superiority are pretty much the hallmark of the professional whingeocrat.

Master Posting

So having to walk an extra few feet is making your life harder ? I love this thread it shows the petty minded simplistic views that have taken over society, imagine the audacity of a shop asking you to walk a few extra feet to do your shopping, whatever will they do next, your rant against Tesco, Parents with kids etc is all about how hard it is making your life ? I despair at the human race.

Really?

I didn't start this thread. The whingeocracy did. They're the one's complaining that it makes their lives harder if they don't have special parking spaces just for them which no-one else can use.

You really should go back to the start of the thread and try reading it."

Master Posting

You quite clearly stated how it makes your life harder, we can only assume that the fact you cannot park in the shop doorway means you have to walk an extra few feet causing you untold hardship and distress, Its a shame that those shops and parents with children inconvenience you so much, I dont have that problem I have legs and feet and can walk more than the length of myself, therefore leaving the spaces nearest for those that can benefit from them the most, perhaps its you that needs to go and read what you posted.

newcastle

Master Posting

Really?

You really should go back to the start of the thread and try reading it.

Master Posting

You quite clearly stated how it makes your life harder, we can only assume that the fact you cannot park in the shop doorway means you have to walk an extra few feet causing you untold hardship and distress, Its a shame that those shops and parents with children inconvenience you so much, I dont have that problem I have legs and feet and can walk more than the length of myself, therefore leaving the spaces nearest for those that can benefit from them the most, perhaps its you that needs to go and read what you posted.

"

Brilliant ad hominem attacks again, full of nothing of any worth and illustrating perfectly the futility of this debate. As I say, try reading the thread instead of making assumptions. Whatever else you might be a master of, it's not debate or reasoning.

"

If Tesco's want to make your life easier, but mine harder, you can hardly complain iof I give Tesco's the two fingered salute and do what I feel like doing"

Master Posting to _wayman

Its your words not mine, explain how walking an extra few feet makes your life harder, im interested how a grown man unless severely disabled could find life harder because they cant park at the front of the car park and if you were that disabled you would have a space anyway as there are plenty of spaces left aside for blue badge holders.

As for your comment of what I am a Master of ? well that would be no concern of yours and is irrelevant to the thread.

"illustrating perfectly the futility of this debate. "

Futile enough to force you to post a response? Apparently not.

Epic threadery

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

I have the answer to this problem - ban kids from the shops, the little blighters just get under yer feet and never buy anything anyway

King's Crustacean

It's all gone a bit Ner Ner Ner Ner Ner in 'ere.

King's Crustacean

"Epic threadery "

Epic Boxeries

King's Crustacean

"I have the answer to this problem - ban kids from the shops, the little blighters just get under yer feet and never buy anything anyway "

A n K for Prime Minister!

Let them play in the car park ...... it was good enough for me !

King's Crustacean

"

If Tesco's want to make your life easier, but mine harder, you can hardly complain iof I give Tesco's the two fingered salute and do what I feel like doing

Its your words not mine, explain how walking an extra few feet makes your life harder, im interested how a grown man unless severely disabled could find life harder because they cant park at the front of the car park and if you were that disabled you would have a space anyway as there are plenty of spaces left aside for blue badge holders.

As for your comment of what I am a Master of ? well that would be no concern of yours and is irrelevant to the thread. "

Glanny posting.

I just wanted to say that....

Just in case.

By *punkloverCouple  over a year ago

hatfield

what if you have got children but not with you ? does it mean if you have kids you can park here ??? lol

King's Crustacean

"what if you have got children but not with you ? does it mean if you have kids you can park here ??? lol"

Yes. YOu can drop your kids off at playschool or - like me- leave them in the park with Greasy Ronnie - do your shopping and get the kids to meet you in the Car Park to pack it all in the rear.

It's fine. Honest.

"

If Tesco's want to make your life easier, but mine harder, you can hardly complain iof I give Tesco's the two fingered salute and do what I feel like doing

As for your comment of what I am a Master of ? well that would be no concern of yours and is irrelevant to the thread.

Glanny posting.

Just in case. "

Master Posting ( so you cant blame Cali )

Why would you post that ? what relevance has that to anything on this thread ?

King's Crustacean

It haz relevanth to meeeee Glathhopperrr.

"It haz relevanth to meeeee Glathhopperrr.

"

nearly pissed meself then granny

London

"It's all gone a bit Ner Ner Ner Ner Ner in 'ere.

"

Doesn't it always?

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"

Glanny posting.

Just in case. "

Thank you for that Granny.....funniest post of the day.

Doesn't it always? "

i seriously can not believe how people can get so het up over something as trivial as a parking space for people with kids

Its a good job our Grans was'nt as pansy as us lot, i mean how would they have coped

Imagine women of today actually walking to the shops with their big silver cross prams and pushing the lot home after, dear god what would todays generation do

Its called lazyfabastarditis and most at home with the BMW or Chelsea taxi driver.

Funny as fuck some say it puts them out though. If you cant walk 100meters to the supermarket doors you are going to be shit in the shagging department.

Its called lazyfabastarditis and most at home with the BMW or Chelsea taxi driver.

Funny as fuck some say it puts them out though. If you cant walk 100meters to the supermarket doors you are going to be shit in the shagging department. "

can i just point out i dont drive so i used to walk everywhere with my kids including when i was shopping so i must be a marathon shag

King's Crustacean

Why does that make me think of peanut chuff ?

so long as my chuff dont smell of nuts

Doesn't it always?

i seriously can not believe how people can get so het up over something as trivial as a parking space for people with kids

Its a good job our Grans was'nt as pansy as us lot, i mean how would they have coped

Imagine women of today actually walking to the shops with their big silver cross prams and pushing the lot home after, dear god what would todays generation do "

You know actually since not having a pushchair I have used my car more.. as when I had a pram or a big pushchair I could put all my shopping underneath it

However now I just cant possibly carry it all...

Cali

Doesn't it always?

Imagine women of today actually walking to the shops with their big silver cross prams and pushing the lot home after, dear god what would todays generation do

You know actually since not having a pushchair I have used my car more.. as when I had a pram or a big pushchair I could put all my shopping underneath it

However now I just cant possibly carry it all...

Cali "

i agree actually i think if you have a pram its easier to walk, where i moved from they didnt have these buses where you can just push your prams on like they do round here so when my eldest two was babies if i got the bus it ment taking them out and folding the pram down while holding two babies, which lets be honest with two hands in near on impossible and even worse if you was on your way home and had two babies, a double pram and shopping to get on the bus so 9 times out of 10 id just load up the pram and walk home, and you know what its really no big deal we coped cause we had to so im sorry if its just cause ive never had the luxury of driving but i really cant see any big deal in not getting a parking spot made for having kids and i dont mean that to offend anyone but i really cant see the hassle in using a normal parking spot, surely holding your kids hand and walking a bit further isnt that big a deal? and unless your driving a tank you can still get in and out of the door in any spot

Quality thread ...such emotive responses to where you get to park your cars ...true fabby-styleeeeee-forums

See actually I should clarify my position on this.. I think that all spaces should be that bit bigger... and that apart from disabled spaces, no special spaces should be provided..

HOWEVER, the supermarkets do provide these spaces..and mark them for people with children under 5 or 12 depending on which supermarket it is... So therefore I dont think that people should abuse these spaces.. and that unless you require them that you shouldnt use them. Same as people wouldnt use the disabled spaces.. which are only enforced in the same way..

Cali

Funny as fuck some say it puts them out though. If you cant walk 100meters to the supermarket doors you are going to be shit in the shagging department.

can i just point out i dont drive so i used to walk everywhere with my kids including when i was shopping so i must be a marathon shag "

Lol there are a lot who pull in in the BMW or whatever, tight suit on with belly over hang waddle into the store. Men are the worst from what i have seen.

King's Crustacean

"See actually I should clarify my position on this.. I think that all spaces should be that bit bigger... and that apart from disabled spaces, no special spaces should be provided..

HOWEVER, the supermarkets do provide these spaces..and mark them for people with children under 5 or 12 depending on which supermarket it is... So therefore I dont think that people should abuse these spaces.. and that unless you require them that you shouldnt use them. Same as people wouldnt use the disabled spaces.. which are only enforced in the same way..

Cali "

I think the spaces should have little rails around them and a Fisher Price play centre and nannies to patrol, feed and change nappies while parents shop.

"I think the spaces should have little rails around them and a Fisher Price play centre and nannies to patrol, feed and change nappies while parents shop. "

A nanny state. Literally.

such entrenched positions here... seems us mums expect some common civility and manners....the big society. But some dont wish to be held to higher standards of common good manners. we all live by differing standards of behaviour in all areas of life. debate is good especially if its made a few ponder thier behaviour for a few moments. given that damaging someones car is prob accepted as bad....and the same for being involved in hurting a child somehow with a car is bad how many off the I will park anywhere brigade wud feel no guilt if they bash a car or worse a child....reversing out of a parents spot ?

London

Doesn't it always?

Imagine women of today actually walking to the shops with their big silver cross prams and pushing the lot home after, dear god what would todays generation do "

Personally, I'm jealous. I truly wish the only thing on my mind was a pissing contest between myself and anonymous nonentities about nothing.

Slightly amusing watching the posterings though.

King's Crustacean

what about people without cars! Where do they park ?

King's Crustacean

"such entrenched positions here... seems us mums expect some common civility and manners....the big society. But some dont wish to be held to higher standards of common good manners. we all live by differing standards of behaviour in all areas of life. debate is good especially if its made a few ponder thier behaviour for a few moments. given that damaging someones car is prob accepted as bad....and the same for being involved in hurting a child somehow with a car is bad how many off the I will park anywhere brigade wud feel no guilt if they bash a car or worse a child....reversing out of a parents spot ?"

No worse than I'd feel if I ran them over backing out of my 'fab forum' approved parking space.

I can't imagine a parent saying..... Oh if only you'd had kids in your car - I could overlook that you ran mine over but as you are in the wrong parking place we are a bit miffed at this!

I have good prioritising skills...

evesham

Funny as fuck some say it puts them out though. If you cant walk 100meters to the supermarket doors you are going to be shit in the shagging department. "

my stance on this sint that it is putting me out having to walk frther etc (i went to tescos today and parked far far away from the parent and child spaces - what a good girl i am )

My question is this.....why do people who have chosen to have children get preferetial treatment and (as some on here show) expect and demand it??

what other lifestyle choices get treated in such a way?

"such entrenched positions here... seems us mums expect some common civility and manners....the big society. But some dont wish to be held to higher standards of common good manners. we all live by differing standards of behaviour in all areas of life. debate is good especially if its made a few ponder thier behaviour for a few moments. given that damaging someones car is prob accepted as bad....and the same for being involved in hurting a child somehow with a car is bad how many off the I will park anywhere brigade wud feel no guilt if they bash a car or worse a child....reversing out of a parents spot ?

No worse than I'd feel if I ran them over backing out of my 'fab forum' approved parking space.

I can't imagine a parent saying..... Oh if only you'd had kids in your car - I could overlook that you ran mine over but as you are in the wrong parking place we are a bit miffed at this!

I have good prioritising skills... "

I however can imagine a mother looking at you...and screaming you ran my child over....why are u even parked there ? and your telling us you prioritising correctly and would feel no additional guilt ???

King's Crustacean

Dear Evesham, may I profer a thought in response to your questions ?

King's Crustacean

"such entrenched positions here... seems us mums expect some common civility and manners....the big society. But some dont wish to be held to higher standards of common good manners. we all live by differing standards of behaviour in all areas of life. debate is good especially if its made a few ponder thier behaviour for a few moments. given that damaging someones car is prob accepted as bad....and the same for being involved in hurting a child somehow with a car is bad how many off the I will park anywhere brigade wud feel no guilt if they bash a car or worse a child....reversing out of a parents spot ?

I have good prioritising skills...

I however can imagine a mother looking at you...and screaming you ran my child over....why are u even parked there ? and your telling us you prioritising correctly and would feel no additional guilt ???"

If I ran the child over it's due to poor driving or poor parenting or a combination of both.

Where im parked is irrelevant.

If we want to take this 'straw man' or 'irrelevant sidetracking scenario' further , why don't we just say that as im a fantastic driver - each time I park in a parenty type parking space I am in fact saving lives.

my stance on this sint that it is putting me out having to walk frther etc (i went to tescos today and parked far far away from the parent and child spaces - what a good girl i am )

My question is this.....why do people who have chosen to have children get preferetial treatment and (as some on here show) expect and demand it??

what other lifestyle choices get treated in such a way?"

The REAL reason?

Its to keep all them with a sack full of kids together and out of your way. Last thing Tescos want is a kid being run down in the carpark itd bad for business. 2nd thing they want to avoid is people avoiding shopping there cos last time mum with kids not under control dinted your car with her trolley.

evesham

"Dear Evesham, may I profer a thought in response to your questions ?"

Dear Granny

Yes yo may, i wait in anticipation for your reply.

what other lifestyle choices get treated in such a way?"

the vast majority of women have kids...its not a lifestyle choice its literally life continuing..... sorry increasing a childs safty is much more important than adults who are more equiped to deal with cars and carparks walking a few extra meters......what if this is a child or grandchild off yours....wud u take this position then ?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I think you are missing something Chris....it is up to the parent to look after their child, not anyone else...and if a parent can't keep hold of a child while walking on any road then I question whhat else they have no common sense in.

King's Crustacean

"Dear Evesham, may I profer a thought in response to your questions ?

Dear Granny

Yes yo may, i wait in anticipation for your reply."

Pure economics. Nothing other than business. Families call the shots. They eat, wear clothes, buy baby goods, school uniforms, in house entertainment the lot.......

Families are money.

Get the kids on board whilst young. Keep their loyalty and they return with the next batch of sprogs.

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

Car Park Full

what other lifestyle choices get treated in such a way?

the vast majority of women have kids..."

Not at an age they need to be supervised they don't most have kids who have long since grown up so women with young children are in a minority if you look into it.

Rather a carpark with parents in than OAP's they are far more of a prob at Tesco's

"If I ran the child over it's due to poor driving or poor parenting or a combination of both.

Where im parked is irrelevant.

If we want to take this 'straw man' or 'irrelevant sidetracking scenario' further , why don't we just say that as im a fantastic driver - each time I park in a parenty type parking space I am in fact saving lives.

"

irrelevant side tracking ?? your user name inc the word granny...so I will make the leap that u are a grand parent ?? what if its your grand child....you wud say its an irrelevant issue child parking ?? encouraging you to reconsider is me being a good parent....encouraging mums to park in a specified area of a car park is good driving practise as drivers using the car park are then aware of an increased chance children may be in the vacinity !