FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Norman hunter

Norman hunter

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Sadly has passed away from coronavirus.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Sadly has passed away from coronavirus.

"

By *artender_onthelooseMan  over a year ago

Dublin

RIP legend

Sad to hear.

Very underated as a footballer and part of a great side.

Legendary status in English football.

"

Damned shame. A hard man from a whole different era. Norman, and the likes of chopper Harris, wouldn't finish a single game these days. When did football transition into a fully non-contact sport?

R. I. P.

A sad loss.

By *ensualpleasures69Man  over a year ago

leeds

They better be wearing shin pads in heaven!! once met him on a flight, so much time for everyone, spent hours talking about the rest of the team and not himself. Absolute legend of a man RIP.

By *tephanjMan  over a year ago

Kettering

RIP Norman (bites your ankles) Hunter

Sad. I remember him biting plenty of ankles during his illustrious career. RIP Norman.

Awww yea bless him x

Leeds Leeds Leeds

"They better be wearing shin pads in heaven!! once met him on a flight, so much time for everyone, spent hours talking about the rest of the team and not himself. Absolute legend of a man RIP."

I find with a lot of the old footballers they are all happy to have a chat and share their stories when you meet them.

We lost The Cat this week too.

leeds

"They better be wearing shin pads in heaven!! once met him on a flight, so much time for everyone, spent hours talking about the rest of the team and not himself. Absolute legend of a man RIP.

I find with a lot of the old footballers they are all happy to have a chat and share their stories when you meet them.

We lost The Cat this week too. "

He was a legend too, had it not been for the great G Banks he’d have been in the England team a lot more.

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

RIP Norman Hunter.When Norman sustain a injury in training one of the coaches told Don Revie who was the manager Hunter has broken a leg the Leeds manager Don Revie is alleged to have said whose.

By *ucksguy2000Man  over a year ago

aylesbury

He’ll be Marching on together with all the greats up there. RIP

Sad news indeed. He was one of my childhood hereos.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I was at the Baseball Ground when him and Francis Lee had their infamous fisticuffs incident

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

"I was at the Baseball Ground when him and Francis Lee had their infamous fisticuffs incident "
. It showed the clip on the BBC new earlier on today.Looks a bit comical Francis Lee looks like some guy that a bit d*unk and trying to fight.

Very sad.

By *iker boy 69Man  over a year ago

midlands

Damned shame. A hard man from a whole different era. Norman, and the likes of chopper Harris, wouldn't finish a single game these days. When did football transition into a fully non-contact sport?"

No disrespect meant, as he was a tough cookie, but franny lee at 5ft fuck all put him on his arse in a baseball ground battle. Its all i remember him for as too young to have seen him play

By *dventurerousgeoffMan  over a year ago

York

True legend, RIP norman, alaw

leeds

Damned shame. A hard man from a whole different era. Norman, and the likes of chopper Harris, wouldn't finish a single game these days. When did football transition into a fully non-contact sport?

No disrespect meant, as he was a tough cookie, but franny lee at 5ft fuck all put him on his arse in a baseball ground battle. Its all i remember him for as too young to have seen him play"

He’d have tripped, no one puts a mighty white on his arse.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"bite ya legs" was a different breed of defender... if you see old film of him and jackie charlton you can see what a superb player he was!

No disrespect meant, as he was a tough cookie, but franny lee at 5ft fuck all put him on his arse in a baseball ground battle. Its all i remember him for as too young to have seen him play"

After Norman put him down first! Then Franny sought revenge in the second tussle and steamed in fists flying he was pissed at Norman who fought defensively on the retreat. It was obvious they could both fight.

Franny more like a street fighter and Norman the boxer. That's how I read the clip I saw some years back.

midlands

No disrespect meant, as he was a tough cookie, but franny lee at 5ft fuck all put him on his arse in a baseball ground battle. Its all i remember him for as too young to have seen him playAfter Norman put him down first! Then Franny sought revenge in the second tussle and steamed in fists flying he was pissed at Norman who fought defensively on the retreat. It was obvious they could both fight.

Franny more like a street fighter and Norman the boxer. That's how I read the clip I saw some years back."

I love the bit of clip where the leeds player taps the ref on the shoulder to say,, here mate, theyre still at it

No disrespect meant, as he was a tough cookie, but franny lee at 5ft fuck all put him on his arse in a baseball ground battle. Its all i remember him for as too young to have seen him playAfter Norman put him down first! Then Franny sought revenge in the second tussle and steamed in fists flying he was pissed at Norman who fought defensively on the retreat. It was obvious they could both fight.

Franny more like a street fighter and Norman the boxer. That's how I read the clip I saw some years back.

I love the bit of clip where the leeds player taps the ref on the shoulder to say,, here mate, theyre still at it"

Bloody grass! That was a good fight!!

midlands

I love the bit of clip where the leeds player taps the ref on the shoulder to say,, here mate, theyre still at it Bloody grass! That was a good fight!!"

And derby won league that year so made even sweeter

Lee was a talent for sure.

I think most people would've preferred Hunter on their side than against them all the same.

Footballers were a different breed then than now.

» Add a new message to this topic