FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Social meet ups

Social meet ups

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *mithster4u OP   Man  over a year ago

Norwich

Hey all, I feel like the best way for me to actually get to meet up and have fun would be through meeting people at social meets.

What are they like?

Are people easily approachable?

Do they approach you?

Going as a single guy I’ll be on my own, unless anyone would like to join me once this is all over.

Just worried I will look like a spare one at a wedding.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

Good social event organisers would make sure everyone is included and make an effort to introduce newbies to the group.

Norwich

"Good social event organisers would make sure everyone is included and make an effort to introduce newbies to the group."

Ah nice that’s good then, I did worry for a moment that it would literally be you turn up and hope someone speaks to you or you get the courage to speak to them, only issue is I don’t like to be a pest so I tend not to bother people.

Nice to know that social meets get everyone involved, well if it’s organised by a good host anyway.

Thanks for replying.

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

"Good social event organisers would make sure everyone is included and make an effort to introduce newbies to the group.

Ah nice that’s good then, I did worry for a moment that it would literally be you turn up and hope someone speaks to you or you get the courage to speak to them, only issue is I don’t like to be a pest so I tend not to bother people.

Nice to know that social meets get everyone involved, well if it’s organised by a good host anyway.

Thanks for replying."

Well like I said if it is ran by good hosts, some aren't .

I have heard though that there are some amazing socials held in london , so I'm sure you will be fine. Once lockdown is over keep an eye on the forum events section and I'm sure you will find a good one to attend.

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Socials are like a night in a bar anywhere. It's good craic and you just can't away. It is a good way to get to meet people without any pressure.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Socials are like a night in a bar anywhere. It's good craic and you just can't away. It is a good way to get to meet people without any pressure. "

This.

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

They are a real mixture of different people and pockets of friends will want to reconnect with each other, don't rely too much on the host to Introduce you, maybe go with another fabber to give you confidence, definitely get your big boy pants on and say hello

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Met some great people at socials. Cant wait for lockdown to end as iam sure there will be loads of socials happening.

By *rMrsBrightsideCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle

There are always a few guys on there own so you wouldn't look out of place. Just be friendly and approachable. The first one is always the hardest but once you start recognising faces it gets easier x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

And OP it is a little daunting as a single guy going and seeing groups that clearly know each other. But introduce yourself, be polite and respectful and most will be welcoming. Be prepared for a few shuns but thats the same as any situation. Its a social. You are not there to pull. You might. But dont think its a given

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Socials are a brilliant way of putting names to faces and to do some networking / prospecting as well

If you're a bit shy or intimidated, the hosts normally go out of their way in helping you feel more at ease. You'll usually find other people who are friendly and welcoming as well

Norwich

"Good social event organisers would make sure everyone is included and make an effort to introduce newbies to the group.

Thanks for replying.

Well like I said if it is ran by good hosts, some aren't .

I have heard though that there are some amazing socials held in london , so I'm sure you will be fine. Once lockdown is over keep an eye on the forum events section and I'm sure you will find a good one to attend."

Fingers crossed, thank you

Norwich

"Socials are like a night in a bar anywhere. It's good craic and you just can't away. It is a good way to get to meet people without any pressure. "

Ah I see, I struggle sometimes to get past that first step of meeting people as I don’t want to bother them, once I’m sat down and the ice is broken you can’t shut me up haha

Norwich

"They are a real mixture of different people and pockets of friends will want to reconnect with each other, don't rely too much on the host to Introduce you, maybe go with another fabber to give you confidence, definitely get your big boy pants on and say hello "

Yeah that’s what I would prefer to go with someone I know so at least I don’t feel any pressure but trying to find people to go with is already proving difficult, I can’t even get pass the message stage without it just being deleted lol

Norwich

"Met some great people at socials. Cant wait for lockdown to end as iam sure there will be loads of socials happening."

Did you go with someone or on your own?

Norwich

"There are always a few guys on there own so you wouldn't look out of place. Just be friendly and approachable. The first one is always the hardest but once you start recognising faces it gets easier x"

Yeah once I start recognising people I will be fine, just suppose I have to put my big boy pants on and take a leap.

I just never want to overstay my welcome or bother people, I think too much.

Norwich

"And OP it is a little daunting as a single guy going and seeing groups that clearly know each other. But introduce yourself, be polite and respectful and most will be welcoming. Be prepared for a few shuns but thats the same as any situation. Its a social. You are not there to pull. You might. But dont think its a given"

Nah I agree that’s what I would do I’d always be polite and respectful, I just start off shy then I relax once I am accepted lol

I think I do worry too much about either getting knocked back or told to fuck off haha I hate to be a pest or bother anyone

Norwich

"Socials are a brilliant way of putting names to faces and to do some networking / prospecting as well

If you're a bit shy or intimidated, the hosts normally go out of their way in helping you feel more at ease. You'll usually find other people who are friendly and welcoming as well "

Ah great, that I wouldn’t mind so much then, thanks for the reply.

» Add a new message to this topic