FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Who is brave enough to admit that

Who is brave enough to admit that

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ichaelangela OP   Couple  over a year ago

notts

they joined in with all the panic buying and stockpiled loads of beans, toilet rolls, pasta etc??

Second part of the question.... do you wish you hadn't done this and now have so much stuff stockpiled you don't know what to do with it or why you thought it was a good idea at the time??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *he Mac LassWoman  over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

In hindsight I wish I had bought a couple of bottles of hand sanitizer at £1 before they got expensive and rare.

Also stocked up on eyebrow tint, that stuff is gold dust.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I bought extra but definitely not obscene extra. It's hard to get out with kids to do shopping and I feel guilty asking friends for favours all the time although we were spoilt with offers. Also safer to keep them home rather than drag around supermarkets. I shared some of what I had too.

I don't have enough spare cash to panic buy anything, so no.

It's s happening though coz when I did the shopping on the 3rd there was no bleach in the supermarket and no loo roll

P

By *ulfilthmentMan  over a year ago

Just around the corner

No, but I wish I’d booked my last haircut a couple of days earlier so I could have got it sorted before lockdown. It’s going to be DIY now, and I’m not feeling confident.

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

Who's got all the self raising flour?

"Who's got all the self raising flour? "
me i baked the biggest loaf of bread you've ever seen it raised itself

By *atex and KinkCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Who's got all the self raising flour? me i baked the biggest loaf of bread you've ever seen it raised itself "

Ya don't use self raising flour for bread. You use strong white flour...

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Not when everyone else was but recently I've been buying more than normal to avoid going to the supermarket as much as possible but I used to go at least 3 times a week and sometimes run the local co-op too. I'm now trying to only go about once a week.

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Nope because I'm rational I never panic anything

I was however absolutely fuming when I heard from the asda lady about people trying to get refunds from the panic buying they did do and didn't need

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

"Who's got all the self raising flour? me i baked the biggest loaf of bread you've ever seen it raised itself

Ya don't use self raising flour for bread. You use strong white flour... "

They do down south

"Who's got all the self raising flour? me i baked the biggest loaf of bread you've ever seen it raised itself

Ya don't use self raising flour for bread. You use strong white flour... "

naaaaa never thats what went wrong

By *atex and KinkCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

We bulk buy from a cash and carry each month. Have done for years.

Decent freezer and cupboard space and all households items and meat products are a third of the price of the big supermarket of you can do it.

Found it barking mad how people went back to what is in essence looting shops. ok items paid for, but you get the idea.

Supermarkets are our only food source now the high street is dead. The government would not allow them to be without.

Can't feed a nation on nothing...

There was absolutely no need to panic buy anything...

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Nope didn't panic buy couldn't even if I had wanted to as I had to wait for pay day to just do my regular shop. Still don't understand why toilet roll was top of people's list tho.

I admit it, i proper panic bought.

I bought a canoe, picture frames, brass cleaner, dog food (i dont have a dog). I just panicked

Didn’t buy any more than normal.

However, if I could go back I’d certainly buy some baby medicine and some baking supplies.

They’re the only things I have struggled to get instantly.

Had one really bad nights with my daughter and her teething, not being able to get some paracetamol for her got me quite angry. One bottle is enough to last months!

Regarding the flour.......I’m sure a lot of people will be in for a shock when they open their unused flour and it’s crawling with flour beetles

Put it in the freezer to prevent this

By *ichaelangela OP   Couple  over a year ago

notts

the reason i am asking is, there is a young lady on my local social media, she is posting every day, "how do i cook this?? i bought it a few weeks ago and don't know what to do with it" today it was a large bag of frozen chicken breast, just strikes me she must have gone out and stripped the shelves of stuff just for the sake of it and not have a clue how to cook anything more than a pot noodle

You could donate some to struggling families, isolating elderly or the food bank.

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

What annoyed me more than anything were the pictures of all the wasted bread etc by the bins there was so much food wasted there was just no need for it...

I’m trying to avoid the supermarket to minimise the risk of infection and have managed to get to bi-weekly now, so I stock up. The only additional stock we had was loo roll because my son managed to get thirty rolls from his local shop before he realised he had to come home from Uni. So we ended up with twice as much as I’d managed to get 24 rolls in Tesco the day before but we’ll shit our way through them and the trolley can be used to enable me to get things I’ll need for the next two weeks. We also got a lot of pasta for the same reason, as my son bought a huge bag in Tesco. He lived on pasta at Uni

Nope and now missing things I wished I’d bought a bit extra of as can’t get out to the shops and can’t get delivered.

By *ip2Man  over a year ago

Near Maidenhead

My wife Sally started buying extra at the beginning of January.

I actually shop for 3 households including my own but always have stuff in reserve just in case case. Thankfully the local supermarket know me, I'm there most days for someone or something so it wasn't a too bad getting my usual 3 loves, 2 dozen eggs etc.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I tried to get a little extra in when I started to see shortages. None of it is readily perishable so I'll just use it as needed.

There are things I'd like more of.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I brought a 25 kilo sack of potatoes for no real reason other than they were there. Couldn’t use them fast enough shamefully.

They then started to shoot so me and two elderly neighbours have our own potato patches in the ground so it’s not gone to waste.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Nope.

We've been bulk buying loo rolls three times a year via Goupon for about 5 years. The last lot arrived January and we're only half way through them. We only do it as it's cheaper and easier - delivered to the door rather than carrying home from the supermarket.

If we've not been able to get anything due to empty shelves we've just bought something else.

The way some people have panicked you'd think we live in the third world........

A

The worst was when it all started and you couldn’t get any meat in the supermarkets. I ended up paying £7.41 in the butchers for a skimpy little grain fed chicken that wasn’t even that nice. I was expecting it to make me fly after nearly paying 8 quid for the cunt.

By *arciocialWoman  over a year ago

Leicester

I hope, if anything happens like this again, future generations look back on this and realise there is no need to panic buy as people are still working providing what people need.

I go to the supermarket now and all they seem to be missing is flour, everything else is back on the shelves. I knew a couple of people who stock piled toilet roll and didn't understand the need for it, like they believed factories would shut down! Even if they did toilet roll would be at the bottom of my list on things to stock pile!

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

"The worst was when it all started and you couldn’t get any meat in the supermarkets. I ended up paying £7.41 in the butchers for a skimpy little grain fed chicken that wasn’t even that nice. I was expecting it to make me fly after nearly paying 8 quid for the cunt. "

I didnt panic buy. Because I started when this became a issue in China. Very calm and went round the shop with a list of long life food and drinks. Already had a pile of toilet roles.

Dont regret it. IF you fail to plan then you plan to fail.

By *alking HeadMan  over a year ago

Bolton

Out of the whole of the papermaking industry, tissue mills will always keep running.

There are 3 jobs worth having in this country, tissue maker, taxman and undertaker. They cover life's three constants.

By *ord Willy McFuck-BucketMan  over a year ago

newcastle

As someone who lives on their own and fucking detests shopping, I only ever shopped once every two or three weeks and just filled my freezer, also close to a farm where I get plenty of vegetables and I haven't grew an extra arse so I don't need anymore toilet roll than I ever did.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"Didn’t buy any more than normal.

However, if I could go back I’d certainly buy some baby medicine and some baking supplies.

They’re the only things I have struggled to get instantly.

Had one really bad nights with my daughter and her teething, not being able to get some paracetamol for her got me quite angry. One bottle is enough to last months!

Regarding the flour.......I’m sure a lot of people will be in for a shock when they open their unused flour and it’s crawling with flour beetles

Put it in the freezer to prevent this "

What a thoroughly sensible post - well said that man!

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

The worse of the panic buying happened one week to payday for me, so I panicked a bit, but didnt buy anything.

When I did get paid, I did a months shop in one go, which I don't normally do. I've nipped out once a week since for fresh veg and fruit.

As a household we bulk buy toilet roll from Macro, so we were Ok on that score.

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

C always maintains a small 'shop' in our spare room/office that she stocks each month with toiletries. She had already done her shop before the panic set in so we were fine. Have recently been given a load of toilet rolls by her father which may mean he panic bought or as they've become available he thought it's something we need - who knows?

We have raided our camping box and various rucksacks and have 3 partially used bottles of sanitizer. Now when we run or walk onto the open access land nearby we carry and use these before/after opening any gates.

We struggled for a while to buy pasta, rice and flour but not to the point we couldn't eat - the flour is only for cakes so probably a good thing else we'd all be huge with time to spare and home baking going on.

Ran our regular route on bin day a few weeks back and saw two full bags of bread rolls outside one house. Firstly that makes you a selfish c@$t, secondly it makes you thick as two short planks buying stuff you can't possibly use or store.

Times like this bring out the best in some people but for every lovely person there are 10 others who range from indifferent to utter twats.

Mr

"I admit it, i proper panic bought.

I bought a canoe, picture frames, brass cleaner, dog food (i dont have a dog). I just panicked"

No. People are fucking mental.

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

I bought 2 9 roll packs of loo paper, only because they didn't have any of the larger sizes left. I do buy more than I would usually get, but that is just because I normally pop down the shops 2-3 times a week, now just once every 7-10 days.

Works out a hell of a lot cheaper as I'm not just picking up bits I don't need but look good so it goes in the basket.

Not me x

"they joined in with all the panic buying and stockpiled loads of beans, toilet rolls, pasta etc??

Second part of the question.... do you wish you hadn't done this and now have so much stuff stockpiled you don't know what to do with it or why you thought it was a good idea at the time??"

I now know whose shops I will never use again, as they bumped their prices up !!

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

I didn’t panic buy, but if I saw a bag of pasta especially wholewheat I got it in (I now have two bags) like some on here, my normal shopping is one big shop and nip out to buy a few bits and bobs especially when my kids stay. But due to staying in, I’m trying to only go once a week now. So I will stock up

By *eat meetMan  over a year ago

waterlooville

"In hindsight I wish I had bought a couple of bottles of hand sanitizer at £1 before they got expensive and rare.

Also stocked up on eyebrow tint, that stuff is gold dust. "

Couldn’t get any hand sanitiser anywhere and don’t look like we’ll get any either, why hasnt any of these huge companies in our 1st world country got the capability of making the stuff, would have saved a lot of lives if people had the stuff to sanitise hands while out shopping. I’ve resorted to making it myself for old people, friends and family around me but now having trouble getting the alcohol so I’ve bought a still to make the alcohol myself, I don’t care if it’s illegal, it’s gotta be done.

"Who's got all the self raising flour? "

I bought one last week, but couldn't find plain or corn..

I bought everything I could plus another freezer and am I ashamed??

Nope not one bit

Cat litter.

So when I run out of toilet paper can shit on the floor and cover it up

» Add a new message to this topic