FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Did Ancient civilizations see spacecraft?

Did Ancient civilizations see spacecraft?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Like the ancient Egyptians pointing pyramid tunnels to Orians belt,Spaceman drawings by Mayans.or did they just witness a supernova?

Have we been visited ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It's impossible to tell. Both because we don't know what they saw, and also because we'd have to interpret what they told us, to the extent that they recorded it.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Someones going to dig up a copy of the gruffalo in a thousand years time. What will they make of that when they assume its a record of events is more to the point?

I just want to know how they built the pyramids.

Manchester (she/her)

" Someones going to dig up a copy of the gruffalo in a thousand years time. What will they make of that when they assume its a record of events is more to the point? "

Manchester (she/her)

"I just want to know how they built the pyramids. "

Slavery.

"I just want to know how they built the pyramids.

Slavery."

True but how did they build them?

The blocks weighed 2.5 tons. How did they get them into position.

Manchester (she/her)

Slavery.

The blocks weighed 2.5 tons. How did they get them into position. "

Lots of slaves and they didn't give a flying fuck about human rights or safety.

Watch SG1 stargate. Very factual and explains the pyramids on there

By *etite_delightWoman  over a year ago

BunnyLand

That’s what I believe with all my heart, body and soul! As above, so below

Also believe mosquitoes are their blood sample tools for isolated Earthlings

What we have to remember about the classical world is that after it fell it took over a millennium and a half until we began catching up again.

The 20th century didn't invent the supermall, you can see an ancient one at the Sanctuary of Fortuna that included fast-food stalls, theatres and shops. The modern getaway holiday destination for a fortnight's break you might think of as another 20th century concept but again the classical world had them, the Bay of Naples being a prime example. Holiday villas with heated pools, clean water systems for cities, urban planning, mathematics, science, philosophy, trades, concrete, the arts even the atom (to name a fraction) were all discovered in the classical world and after its fall remained lost to us for centuries, lying in books in old libraries.

I'm quite sure aliens didn't build the pyramids a civilization did.

"Watch SG1 stargate. Very factual and explains the pyramids on there"

By *erriAnneTV/TS  over a year ago

The shire

It was proved in Indiana Jones. On the wall there was a c3po and a r2 carved

It wasnt slaves. The builders were buried in honourable ways. Archeologists now think it was just hundreds of workers

S

"It was proved in Indiana Jones. On the wall there was a c3po and a r2 carved "

In the well of souls

S

Although....it is said that indiana jones was just a dream of han solo's when he was in hibernation

S

"What we have to remember about the classical world is that after it fell it took over a millennium and a half until we began catching up again.

The 20th century didn't invent the supermall, you can see an ancient one at the Sanctuary of Fortuna that included fast-food stalls, theatres and shops. The modern getaway holiday destination for a fortnight's break you might think of as another 20th century concept but again the classical world had them, the Bay of Naples being a prime example. Holiday villas with heated pools, clean water systems for cities, urban planning, mathematics, science, philosophy, trades, concrete, the arts even the atom (to name a fraction) were all discovered in the classical world and after its fall remained lost to us for centuries, lying in books in old libraries.

I'm quite sure aliens didn't build the pyramids a civilization did."

Fascinating stuff

I do believe in Extraterrestrial life. The Universe is too vast with too many planets for life to not be sustained else where. I believe they have been here before. Too many similarities around the world in ancient ruins especially when we hadnt traveled all around the planet thousands of years ago xx

Plenty of cave paintings and ancient inscriptions seem to say so.

By *ensualbicockMan  over a year ago

liverpool wavertree picton clock

[Removed by poster at 15/04/20 21:46:59]

[Removed by poster at 15/04/20 21:48:35]

"Plenty of cave paintings and ancient inscriptions seem to say so."

By *ushandkittyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

"Although....it is said that indiana jones was just a dream of han solo's when he was in hibernation

S"

Didnt a young Indiana Jones find a buried millennium falcon in one time line?

Slavery.

Lots of slaves and they didn't give a flying fuck about human rights or safety."

Slaves? Really?

"Like the ancient Egyptians pointing pyramid tunnels to Orians belt,Spaceman drawings by Mayans.or did they just witness a supernova?

Have we been visited ?"

Read Graham Handcock's books, ancient history goes further back then we have been taught.

By *horltzMan  over a year ago

heysham

Shit loads of slaves , millions of tonnes of sand , donkeys , rope and wood

"I do believe in Extraterrestrial life. The Universe is too vast with too many planets for life to not be sustained else where. I believe they have been here before. Too many similarities around the world in ancient ruins especially when we hadnt traveled all around the planet thousands of years ago xx"

In ancient Sumerian they only had a word for Angel, non for Demons as the word Angel meant person from the sky.

Shit loads of slaves , millions of tonnes of sand , donkeys , rope and wood "

A workforce built the pyramids they where not slaves

By *eoeclipseWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

Slavery.

Lots of slaves and they didn't give a flying fuck about human rights or safety."

This isn't true, although it was hazardous work the priests were also doctors, there is hieroglyphs showing workers being treated, the mummification process shows they knew the human body and how to use natural medicine.

The medicines were inline with most of today's medicines (natural plants & measured using the eye of Horus fraction system), their surgical tools are very similar to today's in shape & usage, obsidian was used as a scalpel and some surgeons as now reverting to this as its sharper & smoother than steel, the medical document that's in new York gave birth to the "symptoms, description/possibility & treatments" that we still use today, midwife's were a big thing & they had contraception that worked like a diaphragm too.

They clearly knew psychics, maths and astrology....their god Thoth was that of literate & writing aka knowledge.

So much got lost.

Amazing civilization.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'm assuming that it's unlikely and we're probably considering it because a few people equivalent to the Icke fella, have turned daftness into money making ideas.

I don't view it as likely that UFO alien ships have visited here ever. Open to good evidence.

Slavery.

This isn't true, although it was hazardous work the priests were also doctors, there is hieroglyphs showing workers being treated, the mummification process shows they knew the human body and how to use natural medicine.

The medicines were inline with most of today's medicines (natural plants & measured using the eye of Horus fraction system), their surgical tools are very similar to today's in shape & usage, obsidian was used as a scalpel and some surgeons as now reverting to this as its sharper & smoother than steel, the medical document that's in new York gave birth to the "symptoms, description/possibility & treatments" that we still use today, midwife's were a big thing & they had contraception that worked like a diaphragm too.

They clearly knew psychics, maths and astrology....their god Thoth was that of literate & writing aka knowledge.

So much got lost.

Amazing civilization. "

Agreed.

By *ovestrapMan  over a year ago

London

"Like the ancient Egyptians pointing pyramid tunnels to Orians belt,Spaceman drawings by Mayans.or did they just witness a supernova?

Have we been visited ?"

There are theory's that say mankind as a whole has become dummer over the centuries..

Some believe that past civilizations were more advanced than us. And over time we have become dummer.

Some argu we are more advanced than thwm. Cos we have electric, lights, and so on..

Yet these past civilizations have acheaved so much without mordan technology .

It would not surprise me if we were visited in the past.

It would be wrong and stupid to believe we are the only living beings in the universe.

There are some strange documents showing what looks like spaceships around the world.

I sometimes wonder if we originated from another planet, because we are so much more advanced than any other living creature on earth.

Maybe aliens shot their enriched loads into space and some of their spunk landed on a meteor which eventually crashed into earth and seeded us.

By *lint-EverhardMan  over a year ago

Perpignan and cap

No, ancient civilization didn't see spacecrafts simply because spaceships and aliens don't exist anywhere else other than human fiction.

Sorry to piss on your chips folks.

We have not been visited nor will we ever be.

Slavery.

The blocks weighed 2.5 tons. How did they get them into position. "

Yup slavery but in amongst it some real cleverness. They now believe the pyramids were ramped so each time they went up a layer they built a ramp alongside and around it in order to drag the blocks up. I use a similar method to build or shift heavy weights up vertical places as I work in places you can't get machines or use jacks etc .In recent years an engineering team studied a papyrus of a man standing on something akin to a boat. He was at the bow pouring what was first believed to be a libation or offering blessing the so called boat. What was interesting was the boat was on sand and hauling, with use of said slaves large blocks. This team found that if the sand was flooded with water creating almost a fluid sand that they could haul large blocks easier as it " floated" as opposed to the block pushing down into the sand. As for meeting aliens there is an ancestral African cave drawing going back millenia that defines the star system which includes several stars that we, the rest of the world, only discovered in 1950s. So who knows. Being a former archaeologist I find the problem we have is our interpretation of what could have been as we think with a modern mind so backward in many ways to the older great civilisations, I find we have lost to some extent that ingenuity and understanding that existed when no machines and computers were there to make life easier.

Slavery.

So much got lost.

Amazing civilization.

Agreed. "

Look at the art of trepanning where a section of the cranium could be removed to ease pressure on the brain..still used today but it's history goes way back to ancient civilisations. .all our medicines fall back on the same plants used back then...personally I think man has progressed but equally gone backward in the sense that if we lost our machines and computers we would be lost..hell how many know how to use a proper compass now or how to find north...I am biased as I work a lot with the old ways..gets my goat a little seeing people heading off into the wild places using a compass app..great until battery dies or no signal..seen it so many times.

"I do believe in Extraterrestrial life. The Universe is too vast with too many planets for life to not be sustained else where. I believe they have been here before. Too many similarities around the world in ancient ruins especially when we hadnt traveled all around the planet thousands of years ago xx"

Ah very good point

"I do believe in Extraterrestrial life. The Universe is too vast with too many planets for life to not be sustained else where. I believe they have been here before. Too many similarities around the world in ancient ruins especially when we hadnt traveled all around the planet thousands of years ago xx

Ah very good point "

Thankyou, I will always believe we are not alone in the universe. If theres life here then it exists elsewhere. Life finds away

"It wasnt slaves. The builders were buried in honourable ways. Archeologists now think it was just hundreds of workers

S"

This is true of the Egyptians and Mayans but other civilisations such as the Aztecs did use slavery though, like the Romans many of these slaves were classed as spoils of war. We tend to think of slaves as Hollywood portrays them but in some ways slavery could be viewed as work and tradesman doing their job but with little respect or what we now consider as human rights. Let's face it, some of the worst acts of slavery have existed in a far more recent human past and still exists today.

By *elloIntrigueMan  over a year ago

North West UK

I'd like to think that life wasn't just a happy accident and with the stars, glaxies and millions of planets out there - that we aren't alone in the universe.

Interesting thread OP. There have been suggestions that we have indeed been visited before. Ancient civilizations did some pretty remarkable things.

"I do believe in Extraterrestrial life. The Universe is too vast with too many planets for life to not be sustained else where. I believe they have been here before. Too many similarities around the world in ancient ruins especially when we hadnt traveled all around the planet thousands of years ago xx

Ah very good point

Thankyou, I will always believe we are not alone in the universe. If theres life here then it exists elsewhere. Life finds away "

I believe this. Although I also think that the expanse of time is so vast that other life may have existed or will exist in the future. But possibly not in the same time frame as us.

Ah very good point

Thankyou, I will always believe we are not alone in the universe. If theres life here then it exists elsewhere. Life finds away "

I agree..when you think we are still discovering weird and wonderful species on this planet for instance the megamouth shark. We know it's a bottom feeder, we know it can grow upto or over 35ft but after that..we know nothing! Bob Ballard, an oceanologist famous for finding Titanic..he also was the first to find life existing in the oceanic thermal hot beds..thermals of very high temperatures. What I'm saying is, since we know more about space than our own oceans how are we in a position to say there is no other life form in the universe..that is quite an arrogant human viewpoint for life on another planet doesn't t mean a green, boogy eyed hobgoblin that eats and decimates in the building of an inter galactic highway..life could be a simple cell..an amoeba..a germ..it's still life. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Google the Dogon tribe that will get you thinking They charted the stars including I think Sirius 5..a star we discovered in the 19 50s!

The universe is way too big for us to be the only "intelligent life" in it. Wether that life is humanoidish and if they're advanced enough to have vastly superior space travel to ours is another things entirely

Last year a new planet was discovered 115 light years away which has evidence of water and a similar make up, though much much colder, to earth. The experts say it has the potential to support life forms..thankfully man won't be getting there anytime soon so it can pass away a life undisturbed..phew

Have we been visited ?

There are theory's that say mankind as a whole has become dummer over the centuries..

Some believe that past civilizations were more advanced than us. And over time we have become dummer.

Some argu we are more advanced than thwm. Cos we have electric, lights, and so on..

Yet these past civilizations have acheaved so much without mordan technology .

It would not surprise me if we were visited in the past.

It would be wrong and stupid to believe we are the only living beings in the universe.

There are some strange documents showing what looks like spaceships around the world. "

My next door neighbor is living proof that we are becoming dumber.

By *ove2Lick!Man  over a year ago

Banbury

This is all very deep ! But a great read

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

This subject always produces more questions than answers.

For example: How big actually is the universe?

At the moment the edge of space and/or time is believed to be around 14 billion light years away. However our star (the sun) is believed to have a life span of around 8 billion years.

To give some idea of the distances our sun is around 9 light minutes away.

So if you reckon that the galaxies at the edge of the universe have a similar life span, then they no longer exist. We are only seeing what was there 14 billion years ago.

As for have we been visited? I think probably not. While there are certainly some mysteries from ancient civilisations there is absolutely zero evidence.

While scientists have supposedly seen some kind of charged particle exceed the speed of light (it was never proved BTW) there is nothing known that can go faster (certainly not a space ship) So unless these visitors came from one of our very near neighbours then it just isn't possible.

The only loop hole (pardon the pun) in that is the possible existence of "worm holes" basically the bending of space and time.

No-one really knows if such a thing exists or is possible but Einstein did leave room in his theory's for that possibility.

To see how it could theoretically work take a piece of paper and put a small cross at the top centre and another at the bottom centre. The distance between the two is the length of the paper. Then fold the paper in half so that the two crosses touch. That is (albeit very simplistic) how by bending space and time a worm hole could possibly work.

However it is nothing more than a mathematical possibility.

An interesting subject to read is the "wow" signal!

By *ichaelangelaCouple  over a year ago

notts

this book is heavy going with lots of referring back to previous pages etc. But makes a very interesting read and really makes you think.

Chariots of the Gods: Erich Von Daniken

By *avidtraceyCouple  over a year ago

Ruthin

Google Baltic sea anomaly...……..

"Google Baltic sea anomaly...…….."

Just looked ,various images,no way is that natural..it's man made..ice age rock my foot...

I'm now going to hide behind the couch

glasgow

Slavery.

So much got lost.

Amazing civilization.

Agreed.

Look at the art of trepanning where a section of the cranium could be removed to ease pressure on the brain..still used today but it's history goes way back to ancient civilisations. .all our medicines fall back on the same plants used back then...personally I think man has progressed but equally gone backward in the sense that if we lost our machines and computers we would be lost..hell how many know how to use a proper compass now or how to find north...I am biased as I work a lot with the old ways..gets my goat a little seeing people heading off into the wild places using a compass app..great until battery dies or no signal..seen it so many times. "

I agree, people are loading touch with natural skills and rely far too much on technology. I am one of the few who doesn't wear a watch yet can tell the time (approx) and have a natural compass so rarely get lost.

Medically we seem to have went back in time in the past 2000 or so years.......largely when Greece disappeared, roman's ruled and took on Christianity, which took hold & disputed science over god's will/beliefs, I would say the Muslim's but they have excellent ancient records of medicine, maths and astrology. Jewish I'm not too sure, this I think was more in like with Christianity. The hunting of "witches" didn't help either, making medicines from natural substances (yes, some can seduce, kill and even make them extremely subjectable to suggestions but mainly to heal)

As for ancient civilizations seeing stars that we recently "rediscovered" you've got to remember that for hundreds of years we've had light and air pollution dulling our sky's. The ancients view would have been so much clearer even by eye.

Bloody hard work then pyramids but just think of the nectar points

Slavery.

So much got lost.

Amazing civilization.

Agreed.

Look at the art of trepanning where a section of the cranium could be removed to ease pressure on the brain..still used today but it's history goes way back to ancient civilisations. .all our medicines fall back on the same plants used back then...personally I think man has progressed but equally gone backward in the sense that if we lost our machines and computers we would be lost..hell how many know how to use a proper compass now or how to find north...I am biased as I work a lot with the old ways..gets my goat a little seeing people heading off into the wild places using a compass app..great until battery dies or no signal..seen it so many times.

I agree, people are loading touch with natural skills and rely far too much on technology. I am one of the few who doesn't wear a watch yet can tell the time (approx) and have a natural compass so rarely get lost.

Medically we seem to have went back in time in the past 2000 or so years.......largely when Greece disappeared, roman's ruled and took on Christianity, which took hold & disputed science over god's will/beliefs, I would say the Muslim's but they have excellent ancient records of medicine, maths and astrology. Jewish I'm not too sure, this I think was more in like with Christianity. The hunting of "witches" didn't help either, making medicines from natural substances (yes, some can seduce, kill and even make them extremely subjectable to suggestions but mainly to heal)

As for ancient civilizations seeing stars that we recently "rediscovered" you've got to remember that for hundreds of years we've had light and air pollution dulling our sky's. The ancients view would have been so much clearer even by eye."

I'm the same,not worn a watch for decade or so and spend almost all my time in the wilds so am able to feel and sense the time..I don t look at calendars etc,I just see night or days as they pass..there are have been so many calendars over the centuries..time being manipulated. Witches weren't t Witches until Christianity came alongoing they were people who understood the world they lived in and had a feel for things beyond but above all they were herbalists and people that could foresee changes..being great healers they were a threat to the western world's Christianity so they tried to absorb their festivals and hijack them. Most of the Christian festivals people know and celebrate today have a spiritual past which goes beyond Christianity. As for the light pollution etc,it's a fair point but the Dogon had drawn whole systems which could not,even way back when the night sky would have been different,have been seen by the naked eye..they still celebrate today the 50 day orbit of a moon around the Sirius system. It was a NASA scientist that deciphered their drawing and it is his paper that suggests the accuracy,not just a depiction,of numerous star systems is hard to comprehend.

"It wasnt slaves. The builders were buried in honourable ways. Archeologists now think it was just hundreds of workers

S"

There was a programme about this the conclusion was they were well organised well paid and fed and lived in a community with housing etc

S

There was a programme about this the conclusion was they were well organised well paid and fed and lived in a community with housing etc "

So very true. There have now been so many papyrus texts translated concerning individuals and their skills and their lives that shows many had good lives..alas this was not the case of other civilisations.

glasgow

Slavery.

So much got lost.

Amazing civilization.

Agreed.

As for ancient civilizations seeing stars that we recently "rediscovered" you've got to remember that for hundreds of years we've had light and air pollution dulling our sky's. The ancients view would have been so much clearer even by eye.

I'm the same,not worn a watch for decade or so and spend almost all my time in the wilds so am able to feel and sense the time..I don t look at calendars etc,I just see night or days as they pass..there are have been so many calendars over the centuries..time being manipulated. Witches weren't t Witches until Christianity came alongoing they were people who understood the world they lived in and had a feel for things beyond but above all they were herbalists and people that could foresee changes..being great healers they were a threat to the western world's Christianity so they tried to absorb their festivals and hijack them. Most of the Christian festivals people know and celebrate today have a spiritual past which goes beyond Christianity. As for the light pollution etc,it's a fair point but the Dogon had drawn whole systems which could not,even way back when the night sky would have been different,have been seen by the naked eye..they still celebrate today the 50 day orbit of a moon around the Sirius system. It was a NASA scientist that deciphered their drawing and it is his paper that suggests the accuracy,not just a depiction,of numerous star systems is hard to comprehend.

"

I was giving the short witch version lol

Oh yes, calenders they tick me off, I use them for appointment reminders but not much else simply because I'd forget. What I can't get is how they think they can make almost 6 hours a year disappear & the reappear as a full day every 4 years....time itself doesn't work like that. Lunar calendar is worse cos it's cycles are different yet folk accept them.

You say the dogon shouldn't see it with the naked eye, does that not just mean it's another piece of history where we're yet to find & technology to rediscover. The ancient Egyptians made glass so it's totally conceivable that other civilization would develop something similar. We're amazed at all the ancient stuff and the accuracy of it without our computers to help.....we're lots vital skills over the recent centuries due to industry & modern technology.

(I don't know the dogon, I'll need to look it up.)

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

S

There was a programme about this the conclusion was they were well organised well paid and fed and lived in a community with housing etc "

There have been excavations and archaeological investigations of some of the settlements that seemed to have been occupied by the people involved with the construction. With so many people involved, they were complex societies with everything needed for life.

Powerful cultures get to have their people's lives organised and driven by those in charge. It could be natural for many of them all to have believed fully in their gods etc and so bought in to them perceiving that what they were doing was an essential part of this life, before the next one. If living conditions were good, you enjoyed your profession etc, then thousands of you would just get on with the hard work, including the really tough ones involving strength, aided by clever organisation and planning.

I don't view complex structures or past civilisations as providing evidence of anything more than we'd evolved, amassed expertise, knowledge and viewpoints that reflect human intelligence and abilities.

The big authors have been discredited and many behind the sensationalism of the weird and astounding are fortune and fame seekers

Slavery.

So much got lost.

Amazing civilization.

Agreed.

Oh yes, calenders they tick me off, I use them for appointment reminders but not much else simply because I'd forget. What I can't get is how they think they can make almost 6 hours a year disappear & the reappear as a full day every 4 years....time itself doesn't work like that. Lunar calendar is worse cos it's cycles are different yet folk accept them.

You say the dogon shouldn't see it with the naked eye, does that not just mean it's another piece of history where we're yet to find & technology to rediscover. The ancient Egyptians made glass so it's totally conceivable that other civilization would develop something similar. We're amazed at all the ancient stuff and the accuracy of it without our computers to help.....we're lots vital skills over the recent centuries due to industry & modern technology.

(I don't know the dogon, I'll need to look it up.)"

Yeah calendars..mans manipulation of time, give or take days or hours..we ll squeeze them in somewhere, I prefer it to just roll on by..I have no idea of when anything big is due to be celebrated etc and I love that because everything is a suprise..makes life interesting..my age is a stumbling block when asked..either my gf tells who needs to know as in date of birth. Lolol. And am reading a desp book on all aspects of the moon being a genuine lunartic so yes just reading lunar calendars, cycles etc. Far too many old ways, technologies and knowledge have gone by the wayside..something I find sad..none of these needed a grid power source..what will mankind do if we ever were to lose the grid..the government report on such an event is very grim reading..I knew a guy that was part of that committee. I'm lucky I have customers that love the old ways and have filmed me using the old ways to move heavy loads across long distances or up to high points. The dogon are worth a read or a watch on youtube..anytime you fancycle chatting about this stuff message me..I can chat endlessly about it as it's very much my life

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Slavery.

So much got lost.

Amazing civilization.

Agreed.

Yeah calendars..mans manipulation of time, give or take days or hours..we ll squeeze them in somewhere, I prefer it to just roll on by..I have no idea of when anything big is due to be celebrated etc and I love that because everything is a suprise..makes life interesting..my age is a stumbling block when asked..either my gf tells who needs to know as in date of birth. Lolol. And am reading a desp book on all aspects of the moon being a genuine lunartic so yes just reading lunar calendars, cycles etc. Far too many old ways, technologies and knowledge have gone by the wayside..something I find sad..none of these needed a grid power source..what will mankind do if we ever were to lose the grid..the government report on such an event is very grim reading..I knew a guy that was part of that committee. I'm lucky I have customers that love the old ways and have filmed me using the old ways to move heavy loads across long distances or up to high points. The dogon are worth a read or a watch on youtube..anytime you fancycle chatting about this stuff message me..I can chat endlessly about it as it's very much my life "

I absolutely love that a 70 ton obelisk ( long heavy rod of rock )

Can be moved and erected quite simply actually using 2 methods

A the rock is used as an axel , wooden wheels constructed each end, absolute genius

pits fulcrums sand ramps levers for erection

Slavery.

So much got lost.

Amazing civilization.

Agreed.

Yeah calendars..mans manipulation of time, give or take days or hours..we ll squeeze them in somewhere, I prefer it to just roll on by..I have no idea of when anything big is due to be celebrated etc and I love that because everything is a suprise..makes life interesting..my age is a stumbling block when asked..either my gf tells who needs to know as in date of birth. Lolol. And am reading a desp book on all aspects of the moon being a genuine lunartic so yes just reading lunar calendars, cycles etc. Far too many old ways, technologies and knowledge have gone by the wayside..something I find sad..none of these needed a grid power source..what will mankind do if we ever were to lose the grid..the government report on such an event is very grim reading..I knew a guy that was part of that committee. I'm lucky I have customers that love the old ways and have filmed me using the old ways to move heavy loads across long distances or up to high points. The dogon are worth a read or a watch on youtube..anytime you fancycle chatting about this stuff message me..I can chat endlessly about it as it's very much my life

I absolutely love that a 70 ton obelisk ( long heavy rod of rock )

Can be moved and erected quite simply actually using 2 methods

A the rock is used as an axel , wooden wheels constructed each end, absolute genius

pits fulcrums sand ramps levers for erection

"

Yup basic but long lost technology..I once moved a summerhouse using two long levers and some rounded timers as rails to roll over..even turned it 360 degrees..love it

glasgow

I get the same with taking off old solid bolts.. ...bigger pole more leverage, simple.

Perpignan and cap

The sooner humans stop believing in ridiculous notions such as aliens and gods the sooner we as a species can evolve.

Stop looking up, start looking in.

By *educedWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

Yes

There were definitely highly advanced civilisations thousands of years ago far beyond what we have achieved

Helped by others be they aliens or inter dimensional beings

So many gaps in our collective history

Perpignan and cap

"There were definitely highly advanced civilisations thousands of years ago far beyond what we have achieved

So many gaps in our collective history "

No there wasn't/isn't.

No I don't think anyone has seen them.

They were drawings of the imagination like the fake videos and pictures which we have of UFOs these days.

I don't think we have been visited either. I do believe that there are other planets with life on them though.

"There were definitely highly advanced civilisations thousands of years ago far beyond what we have achieved

No there wasn't/isn't."

Sorry mate didn’t know you knew the entire history of the world

Perpignan and cap

No there wasn't/isn't.

Sorry mate didn’t know you knew the entire history of the world"

Most of it is written in books. I like to read.

By *0lden0ldieMan  over a year ago

Stewartby

Whist I am open to Intelligent life on other planets, the conditions need to be exactly right. To close to a sun and everything cooks. To far and everything freezes. Some life can exist in these extremes but those conditions are to extreme for evolution.

As far as similarities around the world, it’s possible and proven that more than one person can have the idea for something. So its possible that different civilisations could have the same idea.

Take pyramids for example. Several civilisations built pyramids but although the basic structure is the same the designs are different.

Another thing to consider, pyramids are the easiest form of structure to build. It’s just putting blocks on top of blocks. Very little thought needed for design and structural integrity.

By *dsindyTV/TS  over a year ago

East Lancashire

Have we been visited?

The conspiracy theorist will say yes.

The alien believers will say yes.

The sceptical will say where is your proof.

I will just say that ET did in fact, go home.

ashby de la zouch

"Have we been visited?

I will just say that ET did in fact, go home."

In fact ???

East Lancashire

"Have we been visited?

In fact ??? "

Yes...did you not see the film????

East Lancashire

And Spielberg said so as well......so there nah nah nah nah

No there wasn't/isn't.

Sorry mate didn’t know you knew the entire history of the world

Most of it is written in books. I like to read. "

Lol

ashby de la zouch

"Have we been visited?

In fact ???

Yes...did you not see the film???? "

Actually not yet

ashby de la zouch

Whist I am open to Intelligent life on other planets, the conditions need to be exactly right. To close to a sun and everything cooks. To far and everything freezes. Some life can exist in these extremes but those conditions are to extreme for evolution.

As far as similarities around the world, it’s possible and proven that more than one person can have the idea for something. So its possible that different civilisations could have the same idea.

Take pyramids for example. Several civilisations built pyramids but although the basic structure is the same the designs are different.

Another thing to consider, pyramids are the easiest form of structure to build. It’s just putting blocks on top of blocks. Very little thought needed for design and structural integrity.

"

This would be my slant

I have little doubt life exists or has existed elsewhere In the cosmos

I do doubt the earth had been visited

Humans to my knowledge have been evolving mentally for a couple of million years

Maths and engineering principles are axioms they are there to be discovered

Even if material science technology does not exist

See smoke signals and digital computers communications for my example

Humans have had intensely insightful maths and philosophy for over 5 thousand years

I feel suggesting

"An alien" did it does historic humans a disservice

It's a bit like suggesting leonardo di Vinci was an alien because of his insight into a helicopter

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

They have found planets which are thousands of light years away, so how come they've not come across Heaven yet? It must be huge enough to find or have we been lied to?

By *moothdickMan  over a year ago

stoke

No but a few were at the 1984 fa cup final

By *tella HeelsTV/TS  over a year ago

west here ford shire

Not just the pyramids

There are buildings all over the globe, that are astounding and we can’t explain how they are made even now..

Not sure about ancient aliens as such..

More likely we have had far more advanced civilisations here in the past, that we have little knowledge about.

It does not take long for any modern architecture to disappear and nature take its course to swallow it up.

I also think there maybe some truth in an advanced civilisation being on Mars, seems to me that one time it sustained life

ashby de la zouch

Not just the pyramids

There are buildings all over the globe, that are astounding and we can’t explain how they are made even now..

Not sure about ancient aliens as such..

More likely we have had far more advanced civilisations here in the past, that we have little knowledge about.

It does not take long for any modern architecture to disappear and nature take its course to swallow it up.

I also think there maybe some truth in an advanced civilisation being on Mars, seems to me that one time it sustained life"

Erm see above

Pyramids are simple

We have actually a vast number of plausible hypotheses how ancient societies did what they did

Astounding they are!!!! a suspension bridge they ain't

These are the achievements of a highly evolved human only 4000 years ago geologically, evolutionary that's just a blink

How many years ago do we think humans understood the shadows from the sun ? North south the concept of direction navigating? These are plausiblely over 20 000 40 000 year old technology

Heres another technology humans have had for millennia but forget the power of from time to time

Tenacity do not underestimate its power however it's easily forgotten with laziness xxx

By *icplshropsCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

Have we been visited ?

Read Graham Handcock's books, ancient history goes further back then we have been taught."

I used to read the Eric Von Daniken books in the 70s/80s, when I was very much into all that pseudoscience. Then I began my archaeological degree and was told we won’t find any aliens in ancient history.

J

Have we been visited ?

Read Graham Handcock's books, ancient history goes further back then we have been taught.

I used to read the Eric Von Daniken books in the 70s/80s, when I was very much into all that pseudoscience. Then I began my archaeological degree and was told we won’t find any aliens in ancient history.

J"

Me too They were entertaining, but extremely far-fetched. The main argument always seemed to have been "mainstream scientists/archaeologists etc can't explain it so it must have been aliens".

glasgow

You do realise the word "alien" simply means unknown or not from that particular place....it's used to explain an unnameable subject/item or in America an immigrant.

UFO is an unidentified flying object.....anything not identified.

Neither mean it comes from space exclusively.

They did and didn't see them.

They had the same kind of experiences as UFO encounters - but they interpreted/framed it as meeting gods, fairies, angels etc. I think it's all one thing.

What that experience is, I'm not sure. I don't think it's encountering a little man from space, or a divine entity (though I'm less sure about the latter). I suspect it's something like sudden access to a different frame of consciousness - non-rational.

It seems a persistent part of humans. Must be a little useful at least - gives us another way to see the world.

And there's lots of weird stuff about this particular form of experience - I think it can be shared (so it's not a private hallucination).

It fascinates me. I think it's got something to do with the DMT entities, but what exactly, I don't know.

"They have found planets which are thousands of light years away, so how come they've not come across Heaven yet? It must be huge enough to find or have we been lied to? "

Don't fancy heaven,can't move for bloody virgins apparently.

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman  over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

S"

I heard they built them as a way of paying taxes. Although politicians/leaders always try to make shitty things sound better than they really are.

"And there's lots of weird stuff about this particular form of experience - I think it can be shared (so it's not a private hallucination).

It fascinates me. I think it's got something to do with the DMT entities, but what exactly, I don't know."

I live the old ways having lived alone in a woodland for two years..I don't really fit in with modern society and it's ways but I do know and understand nature and all it gives to man..where many see progress I see demands on nature, where everyone works to a time, whether hours or days or months, I live by day and night. My understanding after 2 years living isolated is far different to what it was before. It is a different consciousness and believe me when I say some experiences I had during this time cannot be explained by modern thinking...there is so much concerning consciousness that we don't know and personally I hope we never gain that knowledge as society has a habit of running before it can walk..using technologies it can create but not control when it goes wrong, such as Chernobyl, 3 mile island and many more.

I believe there is other life out there but, as I ve said before, it maybe single celled or it could be so far ahead of us..we know so little about our own planet, a planet still showing to have new species and yet society scoffs at other life forms. .it makes no sense.

"And there's lots of weird stuff about this particular form of experience - I think it can be shared (so it's not a private hallucination).

It fascinates me. I think it's got something to do with the DMT entities, but what exactly, I don't know.

I live the old ways having lived alone in a woodland for two years..I don't really fit in with modern society and it's ways but I do know and understand nature and all it gives to man..where many see progress I see demands on nature, where everyone works to a time, whether hours or days or months, I live by day and night. My understanding after 2 years living isolated is far different to what it was before. It is a different consciousness and believe me when I say some experiences I had during this time cannot be explained by modern thinking...there is so much concerning consciousness that we don't know and personally I hope we never gain that knowledge as society has a habit of running before it can walk..using technologies it can create but not control when it goes wrong, such as Chernobyl, 3 mile island and many more.

I believe there is other life out there but, as I ve said before, it maybe single celled or it could be so far ahead of us..we know so little about our own planet, a planet still showing to have new species and yet society scoffs at other life forms. .it makes no sense. "

You make sense though

Yes I believe they could see anything they wanted too and

well before the Wright brothers or that French guy.

By flying high within those clouds of Mushroom smoke.

Some never returned.

That's were the Bermuda Triangle legend started.

» Add a new message to this topic