FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Drone privacy invasion

Drone privacy invasion

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Looking for advice. My folks in their 70s have a nice little place with a hot tub in a small “ shed” at the bottom of their garden. They are being “ pestered” by a drone, several times a day literally hovering over their garden. My pop thinks it belongs to a guy 4 doors down. Whilst not wanting to seek sympathy, his cancer treatment has been postponed due to Covid-19, my mum suffers from depression and I don’t want them to get any more stress over this situation. What can I do legally to stop them worrying?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

They should report it to the Police.

There are laws governing the use of drones, one of which is that they must NOT be flown within a certain distance of people.

By *adMerWoman  over a year ago

Sandwich

Get an air rifle

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Check out the Dronesafe register online for help.

If it’s 60 metres above the house then nothing can be done unless I believe it’s filming your parents. However that would be hard to prove.

They could always pop a letter through the door and say it’s making them feel uncomfortable.

This may sound like I’m being daft as usual but my little bro got himself a pellet gun and shot the fucker down that kept flying over to perv his mrs.

Worked a treat

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

This happened to me yesterday when I was in the garden. It was just hovering there. It’s such an invasion of privacy.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Check out the Dronesafe register online for help.

If it’s 60 metres above the house then nothing can be done unless I believe it’s filming your parents. However that would be hard to prove.

They could always pop a letter through the door and say it’s making them feel uncomfortable.

"

It's 50m

Anyone concerned - the guidance on what to do can be found if you visit the drone safe register site online.

A

Get them a drone and hover over him. Drone wars!

But above advice sounds good.

By *U1966Man  over a year ago

Devon

Drinking game related to Where Eagles Dare

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

It's 50m

Anyone concerned - the guidance on what to do can be found if you visit the drone safe register site online.

A"

Yeah I got the guidance from that website they give an example of 60 metres but say 50 metres as well.

My bad.

Hard judgement to make at those distances though.

By *oby le roneMan  over a year ago

Treorchy

Get a shot gun. Be like some extreme clay pigeon shooting

By *emma HoldenTV/TS  over a year ago

Ramsey

Won't solve it, but if it's a sunny day, get a table mirror & zap it with reflected sunlight. I bet whoever is watching won't stick at it long with blinding light being fired back at it. Shooting the f@cker down with something is the only real other solution & one I would pursue. I don't have a gun but I have mates who legally do for sport & wouldn't hesitate to call.

If you fly your drone low over someone’s land without their permission, you could be liable in trespass, even if you do not personally go onto the land (although this is generally a civil rather than a criminal matter).

I found this for you , its illegal what they are doing so police can deal with it im certain x

By *ud and BryanCouple  over a year ago

Boston, Lincolnshire

If this happened to us, we'd shoot it down with our air rifle.

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

Mark out messages for the drone operator to read using cones or pebbles on the grass

Y O U T W A T

By *moothgentlemanMan  over a year ago

Wales

The rules come under the civil air aviation laws, I may be a SPOC on the subject...

Mail me for more direct information and the laws that apply.

Invite his mum over for some naked hot tub action, pervy peckerwood would have a shock then!........"fap fap fap....wait....is that?"....*vomits over his own wang as he sees his mama getting herself some

S

By *naquest321Man  over a year ago

Carlisle

"Get an air rifle "

Ramsey

"Mark out messages for the drone operator to read using cones or pebbles on the grass

Y O U T W A T "

Good answer LOL, wish I'd thought of that. So many options to choose from!

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

"Mark out messages for the drone operator to read using cones or pebbles on the grass

Y O U T W A T

Good answer LOL, wish I'd thought of that. So many options to choose from! "

Absolutely let me know what message you choose

Ramsey

I'd keep the "YOU" so it's clearly aimed then go pictorial & make the outline of an ejaculating giant cock & balls. White stones on grass or coloured chalk on a patio.

shoot it down with bb gun.

a nice battery powered automatic one will do the job.

and when its on the ground smash it to bits.

seriously though if it is causing a disturbance, a drone that can record or/and broadcast video, that does not have permission to fly in a private area without writing expressed permissions from the landowner is breaking the law.

the police will not arrest you for criminal damage if you deal with it within your boundary, border, frontier, borderline, partition or division.

if you can prove the harassment is on going then the owner will have difficulty proving to a court it was accidental in a case of criminal damage bought against the landowner.

and to add.

if the drone owner is silly enough to report any criminal damage to the police and it has been recording outside areas of permission then the police will ask to see all video footage recorded or stored on hard drive to provide evidence of any wrong doing.

and who know then what the police may also find.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

High powered light pointed directly at it.

Pretty sure that there must be some sort of device to interfere with the radio signals to prevent it from being controlled.

I had this problem a quick solution I found out was get a drone yourself attach a small child's fishing net to it and and take the drone down yourself.

By *rednwilma1Couple  over a year ago

york

As said a few times above,can you get your dad an air rifle surely some one would lend him one, let him have some fun shooting at it from a hiding place !!

"High powered light pointed directly at it.

Pretty sure that there must be some sort of device to interfere with the radio signals to prevent it from being controlled.

"

yes. we use a product called a drone defender google it

Thanks folks. My pop says it appears to be “ watching” him and next door.so my plan is to get in the woods behind my folks and shoot it down from behind using a pals air rifle. Once it lands it will disappear and hopefully the problem will too.

"Thanks folks. My pop says it appears to be “ watching” him and next door.so my plan is to get in the woods behind my folks and shoot it down from behind using a pals air rifle. Once it lands it will disappear and hopefully the problem will too. "

it is a firearms offence to use an air rifle at any object above a reasonable height.

which is why it is against the law to shoot at birds in trees. pellets ricochet and you could have someones windows out or worse

be very careful. a bb gun you may get away with as its more of a toy and uses plastic balls.

By *ab50Couple  over a year ago

bexhill

Get a kite and either knock it out the sky or tangle the strings on its rotors... No laws on kites.

By *alking HeadMan  over a year ago

Bolton

It's entirely possible to make an EMP device. Lots of methods available online. I would still use an air rifle though. Once you know you are confident you are actually going to hit it though.

"Thanks folks. My pop says it appears to be “ watching” him and next door.so my plan is to get in the woods behind my folks and shoot it down from behind using a pals air rifle. Once it lands it will disappear and hopefully the problem will too.

it is a firearms offence to use an air rifle at any object above a reasonable height.

which is why it is against the law to shoot at birds in trees. pellets ricochet and you could have someones windows out or worse

be very careful. a bb gun you may get away with as its more of a toy and uses plastic balls.

"

Oh ok. Didn’t know that. Will have a rethink as it’s 20 odd years since I’ve used a “ firearm” and my aim isn’t what it used to be.

Sadly there are a lot of dreamers who think they can shoot a moving drone less than a meter wide with a pellet gun. 10/10 for imagination but then I guess it goes with the "I've a 12 in cock syndrome" on here.

By *heLaserGuyMan  over a year ago

Coventry

I'm not a bad shot with an air rifle, but I wouldn't be confident of hitting something 50m up in the air. Plus I'm sure there's a law 're firing an air rifle within a certain distance of residential properties etc.

If I knew where the guy lived, a polite letter would be my first approach, failing that I'd knock the door and confront him about it.

"Sadly there are a lot of dreamers who think they can shoot a moving drone less than a meter wide with a pellet gun. 10/10 for imagination but then I guess it goes with the "I've a 12 in cock syndrome" on here. "

Glad somebody else realized this, pretty much 0 chance of taking out a drone with an air rifle, unless youve ridiculously overclocked it and are some sort of trained shot.

Also this could end very badly, as in an accident or legal trouble, its a terrible idea.

I had done problems guy hovering over my garden with cam on it my neighbour shot it down target practice during lockdown

By *ecky and justCouple  over a year ago

Godalming

Always makes me laugh when people suggest shooting down drones with air rifles..

You’ll get in more trouble than the drone operator.

Calling the police is the first action.

If the drone is observing safe separation distances as per article 95 of CAP393, the air navigation order, then not much can be done.

Privacy concerns are part of the DPA and can be taken up with the Information Commissioner’s Office.

Best chance of action is to tell the police that they feel endangered under Article 241 of CAP393, reckless endangerment supersedes the separation requirements.

If the drone is ‘brought down’ or crashes, as of 05/11/19 it now must have an operator I.D. marked on it to allow the operator to be found.

A big part of this is my job..

J

couple, us we him her.

"Always makes me laugh when people suggest shooting down drones with air rifles..

You’ll get in more trouble than the drone operator.

Calling the police is the first action.

If the drone is observing safe separation distances as per article 95 of CAP393, the air navigation order, then not much can be done.

Privacy concerns are part of the DPA and can be taken up with the Information Commissioner’s Office.

Best chance of action is to tell the police that they feel endangered under Article 241 of CAP393, reckless endangerment supersedes the separation requirements.

If the drone is ‘brought down’ or crashes, as of 05/11/19 it now must have an operator I.D. marked on it to allow the operator to be found.

A big part of this is my job..

J"

Buy a bigger drone and hover directly below it.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

As a side note, i thought drones “recorded” stuff? If he is recording activity surely you wouldn’t want to be recorded waving a firearm (or what looks like a firearm) about, otherwise you’ll have armed police surrounding the house before you can say “shit!”

Air rifle, catapult? Thats what I'd do

couple, us we him her.

Well going by some of the status updates I've seen recently there's probably a few hundred guys on here who could knock it out of the sky with their cum going by how frustrated they are claiming to be!!

"As a side note, i thought drones “recorded” stuff? If he is recording activity surely you wouldn’t want to be recorded waving a firearm (or what looks like a firearm) about, otherwise you’ll have armed police surrounding the house before you can say “shit!”

"

plus you're committing criminal damage.

The air Navigation Act covers a lot of it, especially drones operating with a video capability.

It's all been said above, but doesnt mean jack unless someone will enforce legislation following a complaint? As sensibly stated above, call the local lodge and outline what's happening.

"Well going by some of the status updates I've seen recently there's probably a few hundred guys on here who could knock it out of the sky with their cum going by how frustrated they are claiming to be!!"
ewwww

"Thanks folks. My pop says it appears to be “ watching” him and next door.so my plan is to get in the woods behind my folks and shoot it down from behind using a pals air rifle. Once it lands it will disappear and hopefully the problem will too.

Oh ok. Didn’t know that. Will have a rethink as it’s 20 odd years since I’ve used a “ firearm” and my aim isn’t what it used to be. "

If you think it’s the guy 4 doors down why not summon up the courage to confront him about it?

Rather than a convoluted plan involving air guns.

I knock it down with my rc helicopter instead

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

"

Drones are not allowed to be flown in a built up area such as a town or village

Y O U T W A T "

Or.

STOP

DRONING

ON

Some very bad advice on here regarding air rifles

A small target at 50m for someone who doesn’t shoot, they’re going to miss, even if your going to pay extra and get a half decent scope, which would then need adjustments to stand any chance of hitting it.

Say he shot and missed, that pellet will most likely leave the property boundaries, then if this drone operator was a bit pissed it’s just been shot at, he’s going to have footage to show.

If the above was the case, whoever shot the gun would be in a lot more trouble regarding firearms offences than the drone operator.

In short, don’t shoot at it.

By *uysx2Couple (MM)  over a year ago

Birmingham

Go to the house who you think owns the drone and ask them to stop flying it over your elderly parents house. That would be my first step.

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

"Looking for advice. My folks in their 70s have a nice little place with a hot tub in a small “ shed” at the bottom of their garden. They are being “ pestered” by a drone, several times a day literally hovering over their garden. My pop thinks it belongs to a guy 4 doors down. Whilst not wanting to seek sympathy, his cancer treatment has been postponed due to Covid-19, my mum suffers from depression and I don’t want them to get any more stress over this situation. What can I do legally to stop them worrying? "

It’s an invasion of your privacy, report it.

There are rules in place as to the use of drones.

By *ink Panther.Woman  over a year ago

Preston

"This happened to me yesterday when I was in the garden. It was just hovering there. It’s such an invasion of privacy. "

It was Dan trying to see your nipples

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

"Sadly there are a lot of dreamers who think they can shoot a moving drone less than a meter wide with a pellet gun. 10/10 for imagination but then I guess it goes with the "I've a 12 in cock syndrome" on here. "

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

"This happened to me yesterday when I was in the garden. It was just hovering there. It’s such an invasion of privacy.

It was Dan trying to see your nipples "

He will go to any lengths that man

Hose pipe it?

By *rMrsMorningstarCouple  over a year ago

near bridgend

Not necessarily, its costly however and in a nutshel, you could get a fpv receiver and hook it up to record, you'll have exactly all the proof you'll need.

record for a week to build up a profile of evidence.

By *alking HeadMan  over a year ago

Bolton

Stare through his letterbox for hours on end?

Tell him you have bugged his house whilst he was out?

Pretend you have just bought one, and go round asking for tips on how to fly it. Then "accidentally" damage it. With a hammer.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

If you are able to pop around to the neighbours, if it's not particularly feasible for them due to health, I'd imagine a short discussion would probably stop it.

Then, if it doesn't stop, enlist the support of the police.

You could also potentially write to all of the neighbours, outlining the issue and illegality of it, which may bring others on to their side, getting extra pressure on the offender.

What do you think of all the suggestions so far op?

Report it to the police and the CAA. DONOT shoot it down else you will likely end up being prosecuted. I fly drones as a living and youll find the police are usually fairly good at responding to complaints. One word of warning, a lot of criminals are using drones to fly over peoples properties as it allows then to case the joint from a distance. Also the drone whether for commercial or private use should now be registered and display a number on the casing. IF it doesnt have this displayed the CAA if encouraged will likely prosecute and their fines can be quite crippling!!

Watch where it lands and have a word. They can only fly for 20-40 mins.

» Add a new message to this topic