FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Music lovers

Music lovers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hey all,

As I, and most of you have a bit more free time on their hands I was wondering whether you could indulge me with some of you favourite songs?

I make beats in my spare time and having so much of it of late I'm on the hunt for new songs to sample.

The more underground the song the better. Songs with good intros or outros usually work well. Or if you have a part of a song where one voice or instrument is on it's own for a small amount of time make great samples. Recently I have sampled everything from Latin jazz to Elton John.

So if you're a music addict like myself and have a bit of spare time I would welcome any recommendations.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The heavy - how you like me now.

The brass in it sounds epic.

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"The heavy - how you like me now.

The brass in it sounds epic."

Maybe Tomorrow - Terry Bush

Bleachers

Maybe Tomorrow - Terry Bush"

you've just been singing it havent you?

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

you've just been singing it havent you? "

Yep

you've just been singing it havent you?

Yep "

I knew it love it

The brass in it sounds epic."

Great song!

Maybe Tomorrow - Terry Bush"

Some proper old school casio style piano sound in that one!

Thanks

"Bleachers "

Never heard of these before and quite like them. Haven't heard anything I can sample yet though as a bit modern and well produced.

Thanks though!

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Hey all,

As I, and most of you have a bit more free time on their hands I was wondering whether you could indulge me with some of you favourite songs?

I make beats in my spare time and having so much of it of late I'm on the hunt for new songs to sample.

The more underground the song the better. Songs with good intros or outros usually work well. Or if you have a part of a song where one voice or instrument is on it's own for a small amount of time make great samples. Recently I have sampled everything from Latin jazz to Elton John.

So if you're a music addict like myself and have a bit of spare time I would welcome any recommendations."

If you're a man of beats, you'll love "love raised it's ugly head" by Living Colour... it's so tight and funky.

Cal

"Hey all,

So if you're a music addict like myself and have a bit of spare time I would welcome any recommendations.

If you're a man of beats, you'll love "love raised it's ugly head" by Living Colour... it's so tight and funky.

Cal"

Yes my friend! Now that's what I'm talking about!!! Really good recommendation! Both the strings at the start and the opening riff are gold! Had my big toe jumping up in my boot straight away! Reminds me of the spin doctors for some reason.

Thanks again!

By *andyMinx_tvTV/TS  over a year ago

Leeds

The Black Seeds - Fire

The Ohio Players - Skin Tight

Isaac Hayes - Title Theme

Are you on Spotify ? There are some gorgeous remixes of Mr Sandman..... I. Often play them on loop, would love some more

"The Black Seeds - Fire

The Ohio Players - Skin Tight

Isaac Hayes - Title Theme

"

Great artists!

Really big fan of the black seeds since I first heard so true back when I was travelling.

Isaac is also one of my heroes for many many reasons!

However never heard the ohio players before so will be giving them a good listen to.... Saying that I'm listening to them as I write this and have just realised they did the original of love rollercoaster which as I love the chilli peppers is definitely a good sign!

Thanks!

Please check out lake street dive

White denim

"Are you on Spotify ? There are some gorgeous remixes of Mr Sandman..... I. Often play them on loop, would love some more "

No but I am on soundcloud. Only really do it in my spare time as I'm a photographer and it can consume your life if you let it. However, I do really like sampling old doo wop and have done remixes of dion and the belmounts teenager in love, I wonder why and drip drop.

If you like remixes of old songs there's great pretty underground group called ours samplus. Their music is beautiful and most of the samples they use pay homage to the original

"Please check out lake street dive

White denim "

I couldn't find the song you mentioned however I could find some of their stuff like shake shake shake. These are a very cool and unique band! If the riff in this song is anything to go by there will be a lot of stuff I can sample.

Thanks!

By *hilliandspiceMan  over a year ago

Wimborne

"Hey all,

Cal

Yes my friend! Now that's what I'm talking about!!! Really good recommendation! Both the strings at the start and the opening riff are gold! Had my big toe jumping up in my boot straight away! Reminds me of the spin doctors for some reason.

Thanks again!"

Living colour are awesome, was listening to some of their stuff earlier today remembering going to see them in about 1990ish, my favourite of theirs is solace of you.

"Hey all,

Cal

Thanks again!

Living colour are awesome, was listening to some of their stuff earlier today remembering going to see them in about 1990ish, my favourite of theirs is solace of you.

"

Yeah I can imagine these guys would be ace live! You're lucky! You can just tell they have talent written all over their music. Will be checking out a lot of their stuff from now on so will give that track a listen

By *orksRockerMan  over a year ago

Bradford

[Removed by poster at 13/04/20 22:26:06]

Bradford

[Removed by poster at 13/04/20 22:26:39]

Bradford

Phhhooneeee!!!!

My profile has nothing but my fave tracks on there.

"Phhhooneeee!!!!

My profile has nothing but my fave tracks on there. "

Jeez there's loads of them. Have heard the majority as always been into rock. Just got to work through the ones I haven't heard.

Thanks!

Any more for any more. I'd be eternally grateful!

Farmers almanac - brother dege

» Add a new message to this topic