FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Bank holiday positivity

Bank holiday positivity

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Good morning dear Friends Fabbers and Forumites.

Happy bank holiday Monday.

I know these are strange ans anxious times for many of my lovley friends .

As we slip into another week of being kept at home . The pressure of my job has eased and I'm able to have a few days off , hurrah.

I'm still lucky enough to get my one daily country walks . The wild flowers have come in to bloom , they carpet the woodlands. The gorse bushes bright yellow with the beautiful scent of coconuts.

Every day I look to any positives that can come from this situation . It keeps me bright and cheery .

I've noticed , families are out walking more , spendidng more time together , which is lovley . Not spendidng weekends shopping .

Neighbours are talking to each other .

People are looking out for one another , well most are .

So what positives have you noticed .

Please share chums the good things that are happening in your world now

Taff

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Beautiful post as usual Taff. I’ve noticed people are checking in on each other more and taking time to listen to each other. Always a good thing

By *ncemoreroundthesunCouple  over a year ago

A town and place not in the UK

"Beautiful post as usual Taff. I’ve noticed people are checking in on each other more and taking time to listen to each other. Always a good thing "
it is ,people who live in cities are getting to know their neighbours which is fantastic

We have been chatting - at a distance - to many neighbours we’ve never spoken to before , it’s been really lovely!

I envy your countryside ..... I think id enjoy my walks more if I was there.

By *nvisible_beardMan  over a year ago

near newbridge, wales

Air high five to you all from 2m away

Has any one noticed the birdsong.

Once drowned out by the noise of traffic .

The birds can be heard and it's most beautiful

"I envy your countryside ..... I think id enjoy my walks more if I was there.

"

It's just gorgeous. I have so many pictures I wish I could share them with you all

By *ltrMan  over a year ago

sheffield

My dog and myself have lost weight walking in the woods saved money on fuel talked to friends more .

"My dog and myself have lost weight walking in the woods saved money on fuel talked to friends more ."

By *ottielayWoman  over a year ago

by the bay

I love the smell of the yellow gorse on my walks

I wish I could perfume it x

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Aww Taff! Such a lovely thread.

I've noticed that there's a return in appreciating the smaller things life, a more mindful approach to day to day living.

Cooking from scratch and for pleasure is becoming more popular and people are enjoying freshly baked cakes and bread.

Classical music is becoming increasingly more popular what with various orchestras and performers uploading videos ranging from the sublime to the amusingly playful.

The community spirit around here is lovely; from the neighbour who left out Easter cakes for people going for a walk/exercising to the one who leaves out flowers and books for people to help themselves to. People are far more likely to say hello and wave now and ask after you.

"I love the smell of the yellow gorse on my walks

I wish I could perfume it x"

It's the scent of summer

"Aww Taff! Such a lovely thread.

I've noticed that there's a return in appreciating the smaller things life, a more mindful approach to day to day living.

Cooking from scratch and for pleasure is becoming more popular and people are enjoying freshly baked cakes and bread.

Classical music is becoming increasingly more popular what with various orchestras and performers uploading videos ranging from the sublime to the amusingly playful.

The community spirit around here is lovely; from the neighbour who left out Easter cakes for people going for a walk/exercising to the one who leaves out flowers and books for people to help themselves to. People are far more likely to say hello and wave now and ask after you.

"

That's truly wonderful. My village is so very much like that.

I go to work armed with shopping lists for every one , dropping off essentials to my neighbours .

It's lovely when a community gets together , we all swapped Easter gifts yesterday

Hey OP great post..my gf is slowly learning the beauty and the bound of nature as my mind is fixed in the natural world..I know how to enjoy and live with and from her. Our walks always have me talking of the plants we can use in medicine or on the table, or the folklore of native plants and trees or foreign exotics. I like to think and have come across people that are reconnecting with their surroundings and the little things that really make for a wonderful life..the simple things..as much as there are many a downside to this situation there are also positives. .maybe nature is saying to us relax and breathe..soak up the true importance of what you have..as opposed to what you can buy...and maybe humankind may learn how vulnerable we truly are in the Greater landscape of this beautiful planet we call earth.

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

Nice post ...Speaking to my family more than I ever have....Appreciating the things I never did before..

"Hey OP great post..my gf is slowly learning the beauty and the bound of nature as my mind is fixed in the natural world..I know how to enjoy and live with and from her. Our walks always have me talking of the plants we can use in medicine or on the table, or the folklore of native plants and trees or foreign exotics. I like to think and have come across people that are reconnecting with their surroundings and the little things that really make for a wonderful life..the simple things..as much as there are many a downside to this situation there are also positives. .maybe nature is saying to us relax and breathe..soak up the true importance of what you have..as opposed to what you can buy...and maybe humankind may learn how vulnerable we truly are in the Greater landscape of this beautiful planet we call earth. "

I hope so too. We are giving nature a chance to breathe and renew , she is rewarding us with her bounty

The air is so much cleaner now without the traffic... I would love, if going forwards, Sunday mornings remained traffic free! Be amazing for cyclists

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

I like how peaceful it is, no sirens, no angry car horns. Just birds, sheep and horses making their gentle sounds.

And i’m loving being with my kids. We’ve played football, outdoor badminton and rounders (in the garden) and it’s been great fun. Even the home schooling hasn’t been as bad as i thought it would be.

"The air is so much cleaner now without the traffic... I would love, if going forwards, Sunday mornings remained traffic free! Be amazing for cyclists"
oh long empty roads is a dream to be out on my bike

"I like how peaceful it is, no sirens, no angry car horns. Just birds, sheep and horses making their gentle sounds.

And i’m loving being with my kids. We’ve played football, outdoor badminton and rounders (in the garden) and it’s been great fun. Even the home schooling hasn’t been as bad as i thought it would be. "

The peace is just wonderful and so good for the soul x

By *llaboutthewifeCouple  over a year ago

Cardiff

Lovely post as ever Taff.

I feel the pace of life has slowed, this is welcome.

Blessed to be with my little family and the dog has never been happier.

Trying not to look at negativity but keeping business going is getting harder.

Also will need a new bulb for the fridge soon.

Loving seeing nature spring to life, the blossom on our cherry trees seemed to have lasted ages this year

Enjoy your few days off

Jo x

"Lovely post as ever Taff.

I feel the pace of life has slowed, this is welcome.

Blessed to be with my little family and the dog has never been happier.

Trying not to look at negativity but keeping business going is getting harder.

Also will need a new bulb for the fridge soon.

Loving seeing nature spring to life, the blossom on our cherry trees seemed to have lasted ages this year

Enjoy your few days off

Jo x "

I have a few spare fridge bulbs . Aww pooches are loving us being home x x

Your presence here was missed! X

I closed my eyes midst reading. What a serene picture. Will walk to woods today too!

My little sources of joy..

Spotting rainbows in the windows... and chalk ones on the pavement.

Enjoying silence, less traffic, peacefulness, stillness. No pressure to be busy. Just need.

Those who were close became even closer. Dividing worries and multiplying smiles.

"My little sources of joy..

Spotting rainbows in the windows... and chalk ones on the pavement.

Enjoying silence, less traffic, peacefulness, stillness. No pressure to be busy. Just need.

Those who were close became even closer. Dividing worries and multiplying smiles.

"

"Your presence here was missed! X

I closed my eyes midst reading. What a serene picture. Will walk to woods today too! "

It's sunny of a tad windy here but yes join me in a virtual wander

Pretty windy here..the trees certainly venting their presence lol but the sun is shining too and it's a tad cooler..I love Britain's climate..though have to say Brecon Beacons has a climate all of its own..maybe it has some kind of split in temporal time and space and it has gained an intelligence whichthyosis includes mood swings

[Removed by poster at 13/04/20 11:07:07]

Happy bank holiday everyone, have a fab day. I will be doing yoga today

Positives I've noticed are -

More sense of community has come out of this.

Spending a lot more quality time with Mrs McD.

Seeing countless acts of kindness and more general courteousness from people.

My sanity is still intact... For now

A general feeling of friendship, togetherness, community.

Oh and a very clean house.

"Good morning dear Friends Fabbers and Forumites.

Happy bank holiday Monday.

I know these are strange ans anxious times for many of my lovley friends .

As we slip into another week of being kept at home . The pressure of my job has eased and I'm able to have a few days off , hurrah.

I'm still lucky enough to get my one daily country walks . The wild flowers have come in to bloom , they carpet the woodlands. The gorse bushes bright yellow with the beautiful scent of coconuts.

Every day I look to any positives that can come from this situation . It keeps me bright and cheery .

I've noticed , families are out walking more , spendidng more time together , which is lovley . Not spendidng weekends shopping .

Neighbours are talking to each other .

People are looking out for one another , well most are .

So what positives have you noticed .

Please share chums the good things that are happening in your world now

Taff

"

Cracking post taff.

"Has any one noticed the birdsong.

Once drowned out by the noise of traffic .

The birds can be heard and it's most beautiful "

I've always paid attention to that but it's much more prominent and much more beautiful

» Add a new message to this topic