FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Isolation weight gain

Isolation weight gain

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rSuave88 OP   Man  over a year ago

Mirfield

Now that we are roughly 3 weeks into isolation, is anyones clothes starting to 'shrink'?

With less opportunity to be active and more time to graze im suspecting alot of people will come out of this with extra baggage.

Im trying to stay active with a personal workout routine, however i dont gain weight easily so the extra fodder is having little impact at the moment.

Has anyone grown an extra chin?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Ive put on maybe half a stone, all my summer clothes are tight, roll on after lockdown and back to the gym x

By *llaboutthewifeCouple  over a year ago

Cardiff

Yes, seriously need to move my large arse next week!

Jo x

"Now that we are roughly 3 weeks into isolation, is anyones clothes starting to 'shrink'?

With less opportunity to be active and more time to graze im suspecting alot of people will come out of this with extra baggage.

Im trying to stay active with a personal workout routine, however i dont gain weight easily so the extra fodder is having little impact at the moment.

Has anyone grown an extra chin?"

I have been fasting for lent and I’m planning on doing it every other week but if I wasn’t, I reckon I’d have put on a ton

By *aveman11Man  over a year ago

all over the uk with work

No haha I have 300kg bands, squat rack, cables, bench and a bike at home also been on the road bike every day you should do insanity work out just like 30.mins a day you won't regret it

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

Its a nightmare, so difficult to try and be good

By *restonguy38Man  over a year ago

Preston

I think I’ve gone the other way, I’m making a point now of exercising by going on a daily walk, And. rather than nip to the shops for food in the car like I normally would (local co op) I’ve been walking. As a key worker I’m also starting to walk to work, so all in all I’ve lost weight I’d say - which is a good thing ha. Needed to loose a little timber!

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

I've not put any weight on yet, I'm still at work most days though so my routine isn't that much different. I've got a week off now and I expect that'll change things!

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

If anything I might actually have lost a bit.

I am making a conscious effort to get exercise.

I've definitely got a bit more of a midriff going on and looking less toned.

It is what it is though

Yes, since I started coughing, I cant go out! So no walks for almost a week now

Mirfield

"Yes, since I started coughing, I cant go out! So no walks for almost a week now "

Stop spreading your germs in here

By *pider-WomanWoman  over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

I've forever got my head in the fridge it's not good but I've got my rd bike out most days for a quick 15/20 miles so I think that's helping.

"Now that we are roughly 3 weeks into isolation, is anyones clothes starting to 'shrink'?

Has anyone grown an extra chin?"

yes my clothes are shrinking i knew there was a reason for it

My weight is the same.

Maybe 4lbs more but It doesn't bother me.

By *oupleforxtrafunCouple  over a year ago

Nottingham

I have put on massive amount of weight so can’t wait for everything to get back to normal to lose it and rip up again

I’m losing gains

Nottingham

"I’m losing gains "

We all are

Mirfield

"I’m losing gains "

Trying my best to maintain. Doing alot more bodyweight exercises at home than i ever did before.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

No. Still working in a stressful job so food is the last thing on my mind. My days off i just sleep and reflect.

I'm doing good weight wise not seeing or feeling an increase and I'm making a conscious effort not to buy any shite food so my fridge is boringly healthy.

Squat challenge, press ups and road biking is keeping me going and as I'm an nhs/local authority key worker I'm still crazy busy mon to friday.

Nottingham

I hate cardio I only ever used to do weight and do cardio two times a week running is just not for me

"I hate cardio I only ever used to do weight and do cardio two times a week running is just not for me "
yep agreed i like competitive sport

By *aveman11Man  over a year ago

all over the uk with work

"I’m losing gains

We all are "

I'm not I have a good home gym with over 300kg of weights haha I'm training better now and power sprinting on the racer is doing me wonders Haha

"I’m losing gains

Trying my best to maintain. Doing alot more bodyweight exercises at home than i ever did before. "

I'm trying to turn this situation into an opportunity by doing a cut - going well so far but aching to get back in the gym.

Nottingham

"I’m losing gains

We all are

I'm not I have a good home gym with over 300kg of weights haha I'm training better now and power sprinting on the racer is doing me wonders Haha "

At the start of all this I was really stressed out and I think subconsciously anxious about people panic buying and my household running out of food as we refused to stockpile. I started rationing things for myself and ended up eating maybe one small meal a day and going to bed hungry every night.

Then when I saw the shelves started looking normal again all bets were out the window lol. I've got flour, sugar eggs, and a ton of recipes I've been meaning to try for ages. Roll on the homemade donuts!

Yep both of us are also experiencing the strange lockdown phenomenon of shrinking clothes. Must be something the government is putting in the water affecting the shrinkage I think

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

[Removed by poster at 12/04/20 10:16:37]

Nottingham

"Yep both of us are also experiencing the strange lockdown phenomenon of shrinking clothes. Must be something the government is putting in the water affecting the shrinkage I think "

I have the Same problem Not one pair of my jeans fit me

Mirfield

"At the start of all this I was really stressed out and I think subconsciously anxious about people panic buying and my household running out of food as we refused to stockpile. I started rationing things for myself and ended up eating maybe one small meal a day and going to bed hungry every night.

Then when I saw the shelves started looking normal again all bets were out the window lol. I've got flour, sugar eggs, and a ton of recipes I've been meaning to try for ages. Roll on the homemade donuts! "

Fresh donuts sound sooo good. They wouldnt last long with me!

By *oxic1998Woman  over a year ago

Belfast

Think I've ate my body weight in food since lockdown.....stress and boredom are not good

Mirfield

"Yep both of us are also experiencing the strange lockdown phenomenon of shrinking clothes. Must be something the government is putting in the water affecting the shrinkage I think

I have the Same problem Not one pair of my jeans fit me "

Suppose you'll just have to have your legs out 24/7. What a shame

Also being at home all day I'm finding there is nothing to think about but food, even though I try and keep busy with hobbies I just keep thinking about my next meal/snack

And don't forget a lot of people use food to cheer themselves up, even subconsciously. Things are really shit at the moment so of course it is normal we are going to find comfort in food

By *andomfodCouple  over a year ago

walsall

I'm still working, so I've found the opposite. I was dropping weight anyway and shed 10kg in total.

I was moving into the bulking stage of my program when they closed the gyms, so I'm kind of stuck in limbo due to not having the equipment I'd grown used to in the gym, but I've got a pull up bar I use and some resistance bands on the way.

B

I was heading that way but the last week I’ve been more extreme with cardio than I’ve ever been in my life. With no access to a gym I can’t weight train like I normally would so all I’ve been doing is walking and running coupled with sets of squats, lunges, ab exercises and tricep dips whenever I pass a bench.

I feel solid at the moment and I look bigger now because my muscles are getting bigger before the fat is stripped off but I know a couple more weeks of clean eating and 3 hours cardio a day things will come together.

By *ou only live onceMan  over a year ago

London

I've not put on weight, yet.

But am definitely struggling to get motivated to work out at home as I definitely can't have the same workout at home as I normally would. So, then get annoyed at myself for lack of motivation...cue viscous cycle!

Must. Get. Back. On. It.

"Yep both of us are also experiencing the strange lockdown phenomenon of shrinking clothes. Must be something the government is putting in the water affecting the shrinkage I think

I have the Same problem Not one pair of my jeans fit me "

That makes sense as we are only a few miles apart, it’s definitely the water then

Not at all. I am doing good progress with my training and anyone can train at home, there are alot of things you can do with a broom stick and bags with it.

I load them up with sand in bottles. I have a dip bar also, you can do heavy dips as you put the water bottles in the bag and then I cycle about 15km daily and I also do ashtanga yoga. I also track the calories as well

I just have to look at food and I gain weight!

Seriously though... Despite still working full time, and getting out for a run, I'm definitely eating more rubbish than normal, and drinking more alcohol (on my days off I hasten to add).

I can already invisage the Daily Mail (other newspapers are available) doing some article:

Post Covid19 Diet /exercise ideas with some half baked Celebrity

Or Beat the Covid19 Calories

Feel free to add further titles

By *edGrayCouple  over a year ago

Swindon

We have lost a little bit of weight by eating more healthier at regular times and exercising a little more.

"Not at all. I am doing good progress with my training and anyone can train at home, there are alot of things you can do with a broom stick and bags with it.

I load them up with sand in bottles. I have a dip bar also, you can do heavy dips as you put the water bottles in the bag and then I cycle about 15km daily and I also do ashtanga yoga. I also track the calories as well "

Maybe you can do a cam session Shag, get us all motivated

"Not at all. I am doing good progress with my training and anyone can train at home, there are alot of things you can do with a broom stick and bags with it.

I load them up with sand in bottles. I have a dip bar also, you can do heavy dips as you put the water bottles in the bag and then I cycle about 15km daily and I also do ashtanga yoga. I also track the calories as well "

I am training 3 times a week and I also do the 150 push up challange daily for a month too.

I’ve only gained 1/4lb in the 3 weeks but due to work in nhs and busy ward am doing about 10-12 k steps on shift and then evening walk when home so think that’s saving me as when not in wok just eat junk at min

We’re actually doing ok, as we’re working from hime we still eat at mealtimes as opposed to constantly snacking

By *irestorm 500Couple  over a year ago

coventry

No been lucky and have lost half a stone x storm x

"I was heading that way but the last week I’ve been more extreme with cardio than I’ve ever been in my life. With no access to a gym I can’t weight train like I normally would so all I’ve been doing is walking and running coupled with sets of squats, lunges, ab exercises and tricep dips whenever I pass a bench.

I feel solid at the moment and I look bigger now because my muscles are getting bigger before the fat is stripped off but I know a couple more weeks of clean eating and 3 hours cardio a day things will come together. "

Well done Annie!

I think I need to to kick my arse into shape (it needs that anyway)

And get more disciplined with myself!!

I know what to do, I'm just abit "Meh" about it all....

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"I have put on massive amount of weight so can’t wait for everything to get back to normal to lose it and rip up again "

Normall will be months

What's stopping you at home ?

For me there's more time to exercise and more time to meal prep super tasty super nutritious meals x

ashby de la zouch

"I’m losing gains

We all are "

Really ?

Muscle does not atrophy so fast if you're eating right

and not at all even if one just does isometric

ashby de la zouch

I load them up with sand in bottles. I have a dip bar also, you can do heavy dips as you put the water bottles in the bag and then I cycle about 15km daily and I also do ashtanga yoga. I also track the calories as well I am training 3 times a week and I also do the 150 push up challange daily for a month too."

I'm 120 down today

Bike ride and tree climbing later followed by sand bag farmers walks

"I’m losing gains

We all are

Really ?

and not at all even if one just does isometric "

Really ?

That’s band new information too me, I might try this gym thing out

I load them up with sand in bottles. I have a dip bar also, you can do heavy dips as you put the water bottles in the bag and then I cycle about 15km daily and I also do ashtanga yoga. I also track the calories as well

Maybe you can do a cam session Shag, get us all motivated "

Yes I might do that too

I load them up with sand in bottles. I have a dip bar also, you can do heavy dips as you put the water bottles in the bag and then I cycle about 15km daily and I also do ashtanga yoga. I also track the calories as well I am training 3 times a week and I also do the 150 push up challange daily for a month too.

I'm 120 down today

Bike ride and tree climbing later followed by sand bag farmers walks "

That is a good workout too

I load them up with sand in bottles. I have a dip bar also, you can do heavy dips as you put the water bottles in the bag and then I cycle about 15km daily and I also do ashtanga yoga. I also track the calories as well I am training 3 times a week and I also do the 150 push up challange daily for a month too.

I'm 120 down today

Bike ride and tree climbing later followed by sand bag farmers walks "

Sand bag farmers walk??

Guessing sand bags over the shoulder??

By * Lexi xWoman  over a year ago

stockport

I feel huge, sluggish and minging.

Seriously need to sort it as the worse I feel the more I eat shit.

"I feel huge, sluggish and minging.

Seriously need to sort it as the worse I feel the more I eat shit. "

This for me too

ashby de la zouch

"I’m losing gains

We all are

Really ?

Really ?

That’s band new information too me, I might try this gym thing out "

You look like a seasoned gym goer I would assume you know all that . Most seasoned gym goers dont actually need a gym to maintain or even make gains

Thus your comments surprise me

stockport

This for me too "

It’s horrible isn’t it.

I had so much confidence a few months ago.

Need to get my lexi back on. X

"I’m losing gains

We all are

Really ?

Really ?

You look like a seasoned gym goer I would assume you know all that . Most seasoned gym goers dont actually need a gym to maintain or even make gains

Thus your comments surprise me "

It was light sarcasm about my ‘gains’ in future I’ll put a label beside it haha

ashby de la zouch

Seriously need to sort it as the worse I feel the more I eat shit. "

It can be a vicious circle

Exercise is my only way out

And that does include very long walks

I can walk 8 hrs without food as long as I have hydration

First 2 weeks I maintained the same weight, this week dropped 1/2lb. Bloody hard stopping myself snacking though.

ashby de la zouch

"I’m losing gains

We all are

Really ?

Really ?

It was light sarcasm about my ‘gains’ in future I’ll put a label beside it haha "

Dont worry I was fully aware of that

"I’m losing gains

We all are

Really ?

Really ?

It was light sarcasm about my ‘gains’ in future I’ll put a label beside it haha

Dont worry I was fully aware of that "

My hero

My weight has dropped a little as I've cut my carb intake in half due to not training anywhere near as hard.

Pretty much all weight loss will be fluid so I'm not bothered.

Strength however is a different matter.

ashby de la zouch

"My weight has dropped a little as I've cut my carb intake in half due to not training anywhere near as hard.

Strength however is a different matter. "

What are you doing to maintain your mass ?

This for me too

It’s horrible isn’t it.

Need to get my lexi back on. X"

Yep. It affects confidence for sure. Always has done with me. Plenty people are bigger and are happy with that which is great. I’m not happy when I’m bigger. Only myself to blame though. Not like I can’t do something about it I just really can’t summon up the motivation right now. I’m really not myself at all at the moment! x

"My weight has dropped a little as I've cut my carb intake in half due to not training anywhere near as hard.

What are you doing to maintain your mass ? "

Lots of reps at lowish weight as I dont have access to decent kit. All I can do

ashby de la zouch

This for me too

It’s horrible isn’t it.

Yep. It affects confidence for sure. Always has done with me. Plenty people are bigger and are happy with that which is great. I’m not happy when I’m bigger. Only myself to blame though. Not like I can’t do something about it I just really can’t summon up the motivation right now. I’m really not myself at all at the moment! x "

It is suggested that adipose tissue is part of the endocrine system and increased or decreased in short time spans will disrupt hormones and mood x

Your activity level will dictate wheater you should eat more or less and you have to be strict with it too.

I’m expecting to come out of this 20 dress sizes bigger with a few extra chins

I think stress eating then feeling shit about it so comfort eating is a vicious loop. I know that a lot of people are going to be in the same situation. People don’t have the control in their lives anymore to make changes so they get stuck in a rut.

Hopefully remembers to be kinder to themselves and not say anything to themselves that they wouldn’t say to their best friend.

ashby de la zouch

Lots of reps at lowish weight as I dont have access to decent kit. All I can do"

Mmm not the most rewarding is it but should maintain mass

Strength wise I'm able to use bodyweight and poor leverages for upperbody low rep strength moves

Dead lift is a struggle again a poorly leveraged lawn roller lift but risk of injury quite high same with 3 x 2 slab lifts

Iv got about 150 kg of sand bag I can squat and of course weighted lunges for hypertrophy

For you requiring heavy weight without injury risk its damn difficult

As I say poor leverages can help the muscle stay strong but without serious care injury risk is very very high

I'm doing a lot of isometric against non moving objects

This for me too

It’s horrible isn’t it.

Yep. It affects confidence for sure. Always has done with me. Plenty people are bigger and are happy with that which is great. I’m not happy when I’m bigger. Only myself to blame though. Not like I can’t do something about it I just really can’t summon up the motivation right now. I’m really not myself at all at the moment! x

It is suggested that adipose tissue is part of the endocrine system and increased or decreased in short time spans will disrupt hormones and mood x"

Could you repeat that in English please?

By *DreamOfGenieWoman  over a year ago

London

Doing my best to keep active but the old binge eating demons are certainly rearing their heads at the moment.

stockport

This for me too

It’s horrible isn’t it.

Yep. It affects confidence for sure. Always has done with me. Plenty people are bigger and are happy with that which is great. I’m not happy when I’m bigger. Only myself to blame though. Not like I can’t do something about it I just really can’t summon up the motivation right now. I’m really not myself at all at the moment! x "

We are so the same.

My best friend is an insanity instructor and she is pushing me to do a few of her classes online.

I did one on Friday.....OMG it killed me. Plus my bulldog wondered what on earth I was going and kept pouncing at me!!

I’m gonna make myself join in though maybe not the 5 classes a week though

We can do something together online if you like xx

ashby de la zouch

This for me too

It’s horrible isn’t it.

It is suggested that adipose tissue is part of the endocrine system and increased or decreased in short time spans will disrupt hormones and mood x

Could you repeat that in English please? "

Yeah

Your body fat is linked to your hormones

Rapid increase or decrease in your body fat can effect your hormone levels and balances thus hitting your mood negatively

Thus potentially over eating

stockport

Strength however is a different matter. "

Mmmmm big strong arm

This for me too

It’s horrible isn’t it.

We are so the same.

My best friend is an insanity instructor and she is pushing me to do a few of her classes online.

I did one on Friday.....OMG it killed me. Plus my bulldog wondered what on earth I was going and kept pouncing at me!!

We can do something together online if you like xx"

Yeah I need to. I’m not even bothering with the daily walk either. I have the garden so I get outside. The kids go together as they’re old enough and to be honest I like the break it gives me! I did say that’s it now, after Easter I’m on it! It’s just all the Easter eggs keep staring at me

This for me too

It’s horrible isn’t it.

Could you repeat that in English please?

Yeah

Your body fat is linked to your hormones

Rapid increase or decrease in your body fat can effect your hormone levels and balances thus hitting your mood negatively

Thus potentially over eating "

Yes. I believe that to be true. It definitely does x

stockport

This for me too

It’s horrible isn’t it.

We are so the same.

Yeah I need to. I’m not even bothering with the daily walk either. I have the garden so I get outside. The kids go together as they’re old enough and to be honest I like the break it gives me! I did say that’s it now, after Easter I’m on it! It’s just all the Easter eggs keep staring at me "

Eat them today and tomorrow. Then we can FaceTime on Tuesday. Put some music on and have a jump around in our gardens x

This for me too

It’s horrible isn’t it.

We are so the same.

Yeah I need to. I’m not even bothering with the daily walk either. I have the garden so I get outside. The kids go together as they’re old enough and to be honest I like the break it gives me! I did say that’s it now, after Easter I’m on it! It’s just all the Easter eggs keep staring at me

Eat them today and tomorrow. Then we can FaceTime on Tuesday. Put some music on and have a jump around in our gardens x"

Yes! Let’s . Knowing us we’ll just get the Prosecco out and sit and chat

stockport

This for me too

It’s horrible isn’t it.

We are so the same.

Eat them today and tomorrow. Then we can FaceTime on Tuesday. Put some music on and have a jump around in our gardens x

Yes! Let’s . Knowing us we’ll just get the Prosecco out and sit and chat "

It’s a date..... either way we go lol xx

I’m the other end of the spectrum. I’ve been exercising far more than I would have been working, I’ve intentionally not bought snacks, and I’m eating pretty well. I have drank a little more than I should, but I’ll blame the bloody lovely weather for that.

By *bsolutebeginnersCouple  over a year ago

Planet Ork

The hour a day exercise is wearing me out

Strength wise I'm able to use bodyweight and poor leverages for upperbody low rep strength moves

Dead lift is a struggle again a poorly leveraged lawn roller lift but risk of injury quite high same with 3 x 2 slab lifts

Iv got about 150 kg of sand bag I can squat and of course weighted lunges for hypertrophy

As I say poor leverages can help the muscle stay strong but without serious care injury risk is very very high

"

I've got one exercise for bench squat and deads I can do with decent weight. Do these first then higher rep stuff after

Squat - Bulgarian split squat with 60kg back pack and dumbbells in hands

Bench - push ups with 60kg back pack

Deadlift - 60kg back pack + resistance bands

About all I can do for heavy stuff.

Lots of 20+ rep sets after on various exercises

How about this: just go on universal credit and you won't have enough money to buy food. The weight will just fall off you.

ashby de la zouch

I've got one exercise for bench squat and deads I can do with decent weight. Do these first then higher rep stuff after

Squat - Bulgarian split squat with 60kg back pack and dumbbells in hands

Bench - push ups with 60kg back pack

Deadlift - 60kg back pack + resistance bands

About all I can do for heavy stuff.

Lots of 20+ rep sets after on various exercises"

The 60 kg pack is at least a feel for weight and flexible

Hopefully you can maintain "the groove" ?

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Scales say I lost 2kg, but I feel like a baby elephant. A dichotomy......

By *ewrocksWoman  over a year ago

button moon

Nope, I'm working far more hours than I was pre lockdown, 3kg gone in 3 weeks.

I haven’t gained, I’ve lost!

I’ve spent more time using my treadmill & elliptical than ever before. Even dug the old Wii out. Now I have more time on my hands I’m more motivated to eat better aswell, trying out a bunch of new recipes that I’ve had bookmarked for ages.

I’m just hoping it stays that way when I get back into work.

I’ve always done some form of fasting and I’m now finding being at home it’s easier rather than being in work / out and about where there’s more temptation

Nope..eating less unless am working then eating enough to carry me thru

» Add a new message to this topic