FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > If the NHS can do it....

If the NHS can do it....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

....so can I. I'm helping to keep the UK running with gas for all the extra home cooking they're doing....unless they have an electric cooker of course!

Profile picture changed to highlight a different essential worker!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You have my fab and my respect my good man

By *ntrigued32Couple  over a year ago

Nottingham

D.

By *oss and SuzieCouple  over a year ago

Porthmadog

Well done x

"....so can I. I'm helping to keep the UK running with gas for all the extra home cooking they're doing....unless they have an electric cooker of course!

Profile picture changed to highlight a different essential worker! "

Full respect for you.

I get to have my roast beef tomorrow

Stay safe.. x

Im glad we are friends lovely man

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

Just fabbed it. Well done.

By *artinbobMan  over a year ago

Leicester

"....so can I. I'm helping to keep the UK running with gas for all the extra home cooking they're doing....unless they have an electric cooker of course!

Good work my friend nhs worker

"Just fabbed it. Well done."

Well done, keyworker here too

By *elle xWoman  over a year ago

Doire Theas

What a man well done you

Good effort bants some of us people still go out and do our bit.

I dont count myself as a key worker but I'm a landscaper and I'm going out day I and day out making peoples gardens look nice during lockdown the garden can be and escape from the house to many who cant get out and can be good for mental health so I honestly believe what I do is important.

Some may disagree

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Good effort bants some of us people still go out and do our bit.

I dont count myself as a key worker but I'm a landscaper and I'm going out day I and day out making peoples gardens look nice during lockdown the garden can be and escape from the house to many who cant get out and can be good for mental health so I honestly believe what I do is important.

Some may disagree "

I dont class myself as essential either. I done this as a bit of tongue and cheek. The NHS and emergency services are the real heroes in all of this.

Some may disagree

I dont class myself as essential either. I done this as a bit of tongue and cheek. The NHS and emergency services are the real heroes in all of this. "

But don’t forget they wouldn’t be able to do their work without the help of so many others who shouldn’t be forgotten. Hospital admin staff, the police, postal workers, delivery drivers to name but a few.

Some may disagree

I dont class myself as essential either. I done this as a bit of tongue and cheek. The NHS and emergency services are the real heroes in all of this.

But don’t forget they wouldn’t be able to do their work without the help of so many others who shouldn’t be forgotten. Hospital admin staff, the police, postal workers, delivery drivers to name but a few. "

Everyone has a role to play the country still needs to run

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

Fabbed from another key worker

J x

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

well done

A clap to all those who are still working & doing their bit in what ever that may be

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

I know it's tongue and cheek and perhaps your work doesn't even reach my area in South Wales but so what?

Thanks bud and I hope you keep hydrated in your overalls and PPE

Some may disagree "

Seriously?

Glad your are happy with your decision to totally disregard the social-distancing rules put in place to save lives. Apparently it’s “business as normal” for you then, whilst the rest of us abide by the rules.

But you’re making people’s gardens looks nice, so I suppose it’s a balanced risk you’re placing all in the face of.

Thank you Gasious man

Some may disagree

Seriously?

Glad your are happy with your decision to totally disregard the social-distancing rules put in place to save lives. Apparently it’s “business as normal” for you then, whilst the rest of us abide by the rules.

But you’re making people’s gardens looks nice, so I suppose it’s a balanced risk you’re placing all in the face of. "

I think you dont understand the rules and government guidelines they are actually encouraging gardeners to work for 1.

Also I work alone and dont give into peoples houses and stick to the social distancing guidelines at all times. The government stat you can go to.work if you cannot work from home. The problem with people like yourself I'd imagine you either will be off work on full pay or you already sponge off the state I have children to feed and need to earn a wage also what I do is important for some people. It's very easy to sit in your ivory tower and judge others without being in there shoes

Some may disagree

Seriously?

But you’re making people’s gardens looks nice, so I suppose it’s a balanced risk you’re placing all in the face of.

I think you dont understand the rules and government guidelines they are actually encouraging gardeners to work for 1.

Also I work alone and dont give into peoples houses and stick to the social distancing guidelines at all times. The government stat you can go to.work if you cannot work from home. The problem with people like yourself I'd imagine you either will be off work on full pay or you already sponge off the state I have children to feed and need to earn a wage also what I do is important for some people. It's very easy to sit in your ivory tower and judge others without being in there shoes "

“People like yourself ”? You have no idea. I don’t sit in an ivory tower - I sit in my Home, with my two children, just as I’ve been instructed to do, avoiding any incessant contact. I am currently forced to work from home, trying to keep things running as best I can, which is near impossible for a job that requires daily face to face contact. If you want to convince yourself that making people’s gardens look nice Is “essential” work, at a time like this, then power to you. The truth is, you’re making the decision for the financial reasons you’ve stated, but are dressing it up as being something benevolent and beneficial.

I simply don’t agree it is essential, and it is my right have that opinion, which I’ve expressed while avoiding the need to be rude, even if I have been sarcastic.

Happy pruning.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

There are 1000s still working in many different roles to make these difficult times run smoother. Each and everyone deserves a clap and recognition.

Nice boiler suit Mr Bants

Some may disagree

Seriously?

Also I work alone and dont give into peoples houses and stick to the social distancing guidelines at all times. The government stat you can go to.work if you cannot work from home. The problem with people like yourself I'd imagine you either will be off work on full pay or you already sponge off the state I have children to feed and need to earn a wage also what I do is important for some people. It's very easy to sit in your ivory tower and judge others without being in there shoes

“People like yourself ”? You have no idea. I don’t sit in an ivory tower - I sit in my Home, with my two children, just as I’ve been instructed to do, avoiding any incessant contact. I am currently forced to work from home, trying to keep things running as best I can, which is near impossible for a job that requires daily face to face contact. If you want to convince yourself that making people’s gardens look nice Is “essential” work, at a time like this, then power to you. The truth is, you’re making the decision for the financial reasons you’ve stated, but are dressing it up as being something benevolent and beneficial.

I simply don’t agree it is essential, and it is my right have that opinion, which I’ve expressed while avoiding the need to be rude, even if I have been sarcastic.

Happy pruning. "

Your sarcastic remarks and your inability to understand the rules are what got my back up the government have been encouraging people like myself to still work.

Unlike you I cannot work from home it's not possible and like you I have children who I need to feed.

I am breaking no rules and I'm doing everything in the right way. Yes you can have your opinion if you think people should be working or not but unless you have the full facts and information accusing people or breaking rules and disregarding social distancing then you perhaps should keep them to yourself. Now I've said my peace and u have said yours. And I'm sure my mate bants did this thread to be a positive things so unless you got something nice to say off you pop

Well done everyone doing essential work to keep things going for all.

I guess that 'eesential' means just that. Would the world end if we didn't do something for a while? If we try to justify doing other things outside of the lockdown rules then we just help prolong how long this goes on for and put lives at risk.

It's not great I know and is creating hardship for many. Hopefully those who continue to work and earn won't also claim the government financial support intended to help those following the rules.

Equally, there's no point turning in eachother when we need to be pulling together to beat this.

And already pretty much quarantined as well, winner...I'll think of you whilst in the shower later

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

Orange overalls! I am quite partial

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Ohhhhh you shameless self promoter, you

Never trust a roustie, that's what my husband says, but you're a thoroughly decent chap, Bants

That pic does bring back memories of when S worked offshore though, heck those were different times

Keep yourself safe (from the tools more than anything else) and don't forget the social distancing with the stewardesses

» Add a new message to this topic