FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Keeping up appearances

Keeping up appearances

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *nabelle21 OP   Woman  over a year ago

B38

Ladies, we all have our beauty regime...nails, eyebrows, you know the one.

My nails were due just as lockdown took hold. Bloody hell them off was a hard work!

I'm only ever had them done twice, I'd don't think I will again.

What have you been doing to keep up appearances?

Or have you just thought sod it and gone all natural?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Iv only been doing the bare minimum.

I will get it all sorted out once lockdown is over.

I had to file and soak my nails off too, my own nails are horrible though! luckily I had my extensions replaced beginning of March so I’m good until Sept_mber

Sb

By *mberWoman  over a year ago

Preston

I had clear polish put on before lockdown so I'm just going to leave them to grow and I'll file as appropriate.

I've cut my own hair

I laser my legs stuff so they get shaved every couple of weeks just to tidy any stragglers.

I keep toying with shaving my head but I'm not sure I have the courage.

"I had to file and soak my nails off too, my own nails are horrible though! luckily I had my extensions replaced beginning of March so I’m good until Sept_mber

Sb "

I had to take my shalac off, that was not easy!

My daughter is a qualified hairdresser and I can do nails.

And plucking eyebrows to try and keep the shape.

B38

"I had clear polish put on before lockdown so I'm just going to leave them to grow and I'll file as appropriate.

I've cut my own hair

I laser my legs stuff so they get shaved every couple of weeks just to tidy any stragglers.

"

Really...your head! I really don't think I could do that. That's brave. I see Queenie has done it.

I hear you on the nail extensions, first set in years and had to prise them prise them off myself. Never again.

My hairdresser kindly sold me the products I need to do my roots. My lashes have lasted 3 weeks so far and look pretty good.

I don't feel massively high maintenance, so not fairing too badly!

B38

"I had to file and soak my nails off too, my own nails are horrible though! luckily I had my extensions replaced beginning of March so I’m good until Sept_mber

Sb "

My nails aren't great either..I was lucky, I'd just got a hair cut before lockdown and I've got a hair dye so I'm good for a few weeks

B38

"My daughter is a qualified hairdresser and I can do nails.

And plucking eyebrows to try and keep the shape.

"

You're sorted then...nice

B38

"Iv only been doing the bare minimum.

I will get it all sorted out once lockdown is over."

Minimum for me too

Preston

"I had clear polish put on before lockdown so I'm just going to leave them to grow and I'll file as appropriate.

I've cut my own hair

Really...your head! I really don't think I could do that. That's brave. I see Queenie has done it."

And she looks epic. I'm more worried about when it's growing out. I'll look like a gonk!

B38

"I hear you on the nail extensions, first set in years and had to prise them prise them off myself. Never again.

My hairdresser kindly sold me the products I need to do my roots. My lashes have lasted 3 weeks so far and look pretty good.

I don't feel massively high maintenance, so not fairing too badly! "

Your lashes are they extensions? Dyeing lashes never works for me

"I hear you on the nail extensions, first set in years and had to prise them prise them off myself. Never again.

I don't feel massively high maintenance, so not fairing too badly! "

My lashes lasted a couple of days, as I’m way too addicted to my hot tub! Haha xx

By *ifeandhubby400Couple  over a year ago

Arse hole of nowhere ,Scotland

I will camping outside my haidresser/nail bar shop soon as this is over ,shaving hubby does when needed so letting things go a bit ,but god help our first meet as hair (all over ) will be done hold ups,basque etc on ,hold belly in tits out and i will be chopping at the bit so to speak

B38

I've cut my own hair

Really...your head! I really don't think I could do that. That's brave. I see Queenie has done it.

And she looks epic. I'm more worried about when it's growing out. I'll look like a gonk! "

She is a legend..far braver than I

I've cut my own hair

And she looks epic. I'm more worried about when it's growing out. I'll look like a gonk! "

It soon grows back, I’ve had mine shaved a few times now. So nice in the hot weather, have to wear hats in the cold though, haha xx

"I will camping outside my haidresser/nail bar shop soon as this is over ,shaving hubby does when needed so letting things go a bit ,but god help our first meet as hair (all over ) will be done hold ups,basque etc on ,hold belly in tits out and i will be chopping at the bit so to speak "

Haha, mine live right by me, takes me a minute as they’re on my street. I’ll be the first one booked in! Viv xx

B38

I've cut my own hair

And she looks epic. I'm more worried about when it's growing out. I'll look like a gonk!

It soon grows back, I’ve had mine shaved a few times now. So nice in the hot weather, have to wear hats in the cold though, haha xx"

It be a new trend

I've cut my own hair

It soon grows back, I’ve had mine shaved a few times now. So nice in the hot weather, have to wear hats in the cold though, haha xx

It be a new trend "

Haha, and lots of gorgeous shaped heads on show. I love men and women with shaved heads, with a lot of them it’s hot! xx

B38

I've cut my own hair

It be a new trend

Haha, and lots of gorgeous shaped heads on show. I love men and women with shaved heads, with a lot of them it’s hot! xx"

I think so too x

I was lucky, I'd bought some hair colour just before this, I'll pluck it my eyebrows and my hair will just grow longer until I can get it cut

B38

"I was lucky, I'd bought some hair colour just before this, I'll pluck it my eyebrows and my hair will just grow longer until I can get it cut "

I have a hair dye, I should be good for a little while x

Getting my nails off was hard work! It’s absolutely destroyed my already poor natural nails. I guess I will be giving them some tlc over the coming weeks!

B38

"Getting my nails off was hard work! It’s absolutely destroyed my already poor natural nails. I guess I will be giving them some tlc over the coming weeks!"

Me too...I'm a bit embarrassed by them to be honest

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I've actually found time to step up my skincare and my freckles are covering my face right now.

Hair wise I am so tempted to trim it. It's just hitting my boobs atm but it's an annoying length and I get hot quickly. I've bought hair dye that should arrive soon. Nails wise, I'm just using a hard as nails treatment thing.

I miss being smooth and freshly waxed though.

"Getting my nails off was hard work! It’s absolutely destroyed my already poor natural nails. I guess I will be giving them some tlc over the coming weeks!

Me too...I'm a bit embarrassed by them to be honest"

Yes me too, mine look like they have been bitten/picked at I would prefer to keep my own nails after this if I can, so at least that will spur me on to look after them.

B38

"Getting my nails off was hard work! It’s absolutely destroyed my already poor natural nails. I guess I will be giving them some tlc over the coming weeks!

Me too...I'm a bit embarrassed by them to be honest

Yes me too, mine look like they have been bitten/picked at I would prefer to keep my own nails after this if I can, so at least that will spur me on to look after them."

we can compare notes after a few weeks x

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I've started tweezing my brows. I tweeze my chin hair because it fucks me off.

Skincare as usual, needing more moisture everywhere lately. Hair removal otherwise has gone down to when I want to (or when underarm bushes make deodorant less effective).

Breaking out more than I had been, stress, diet, being inside a lot.

Playing with makeup as usual.

Manchester (she/her)

Oh. And I'm deep conditioning my hair a lot so I don't ruin it before I can get to a hairdresser. Trying to grow it out properly.

My hair hasn't been cut in 2 years

So apart from not dying it fuck all has changed.

P

Preston

If you've thought about lasering at home now is the time to do it.

You have to shave your legs and zap them, they'll be almost done by the time we're allowed out again.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I do everything at home except my hair. I can let that grow because I can pin my fringe back if I need to. I have bought a permanent tint to do the roots which will be interesting

Yes I still insist the postman address's me properly....

#Bouquet

B38

"Yes I still insist the postman address's me properly....

#Bouquet "

Manchester (she/her)

"Yes I still insist the postman address's me properly....

#Bouquet "

» Add a new message to this topic