FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Joey Barton

Joey Barton

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So, he has over 1.5m followers on Twitter. What a sad indictment of 2.5% of the population. They need to get a life.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Who the f**k is Joey Barton?

By *am sampsonMan  over a year ago

cwmbran

Well you have enough interest in him to warrent starting a thread on him - are his twitter followers not showing the same interest

he's a complete an utter twat who's thuggish behaviour get's him more attention than the shite he calls football that he tries to play

"he's a complete an utter twat who's thuggish behaviour get's him more attention than the shite he calls football that he tries to play "

Dont set me off....grrrr ....totally agree Alimark

By *ucky_LadsCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Kidderminster+ surrounding areas.

joey barton?,would'nt last long in sunday pub football would he?,just a thug!.

By *edbagioMan  over a year ago

ripon

on sunday tevez kicked the sh;;;

out of him and nowt was said.

but barton is a nob

By *ovedupstillCouple  over a year ago

mullinwire

have you ever read any of his tweets?

some are VERY funny rants, some are phylosophical, others random.

Barton is like the Howard Stern of twitter.

no one knows what he will say next.

love him or hate him, people will follow him jsut for the rubber neck instinct.

its not that 2.5mil people like him, they like his tweets.

you can guarantee the vast majority of those followers come from threads like these on forums, that prick peoples interest, or when he is in the paper for what he tweets.

so its all your fault lol

"he's a complete an utter twat who's thuggish behaviour get's him more attention than the shite he calls football that he tries to play

Dont set me off....grrrr ....totally agree Alimark "

i agree shocking the way he acted and kids look upto him and he does that should be banned from playing

Well I follow him on twitter but I still think he's knob.

he lashed out with a pussyfooted kick to the back of the calve. was born out of frustration

hes not a thug hes just a pleb

im sure if joey barton wasnt playing football he would have gone on to serve time behind bars at her majestys pleasure!,,,,,mind u,,,theres still time!

"he's a complete an utter twat who's thuggish behaviour get's him more attention than the shite he calls football that he tries to play "

Did people not say the same about Vinnie Jones a few years ago? I don't follow football but seem to remember him having a reputation or violence. Now he is everyones fave thug...in the movies.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"he's a complete an utter twat who's thuggish behaviour get's him more attention than the shite he calls football that he tries to play

Did people not say the same about Vinnie Jones a few years ago? I don't follow football but seem to remember him having a reputation or violence. Now he is everyones fave thug...in the movies. "

Barton isn't fit to lick the boots of VJ. Would love to see him square up to VJ - he'd wet himself at the thought. A complete and utter prick. If people didn't "follow" him on Twatter, he would have no outlet for his prickish and uneducated rants.

By *heekygeordieguyMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

Wish I was a penny behind him. !!

mullinwire

Did people not say the same about Vinnie Jones a few years ago? I don't follow football but seem to remember him having a reputation or violence. Now he is everyones fave thug...in the movies.

Barton isn't fit to lick the boots of VJ. Would love to see him square up to VJ - he'd wet himself at the thought. A complete and utter prick. If people didn't "follow" him on Twatter, he would have no outlet for his prickish and uneducated rants. "

not at all.

tweet them, and they will come.

he didnt start with 2 1/2mil followers, so he must have tweeted when he had very few.....

Duncan Ferguson and Roy Keane were much worse than Joey Barton yet they are club ledgends...fotball is a funny and fickle game. I personally dont like the guy very much, sad to see so much footballing talent fall to the feet of such an idiot

Barton isn't fit to lick the boots of VJ. Would love to see him square up to VJ - he'd wet himself at the thought. A complete and utter prick. If people didn't "follow" him on Twatter, he would have no outlet for his prickish and uneducated rants. "

That would be far from the case in reality a nice fantasy though.

Barton love him or loath him get attention. He is opinionated, hot headed but far from stupid and possesses passion which is a site better than some players.

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Barton isn't fit to lick the boots of VJ. Would love to see him square up to VJ - he'd wet himself at the thought. A complete and utter prick. If people didn't "follow" him on Twatter, he would have no outlet for his prickish and uneducated rants.

That would be far from the case in reality a nice fantasy though.

Barton love him or loath him get attention. He is opinionated, hot headed but far from stupid and possesses passion which is a site better than some players."

I have to agree about him being passionate

Ah well, I've not read the Twitterings of either so I shall refrain from forming any oppinions

If the media didn't highlight his tweets he wouldn't have so many followers. Who created the monster?

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"If the media didn't highlight his tweets he wouldn't have so many followers. Who created the monster?"

His mother?.....

"If the media didn't highlight his tweets he wouldn't have so many followers. Who created the monster?

His mother?..... "

There's always one. I'd have put money on you replying with that.

By *UNCHBOXMan  over a year ago

folkestone

Billy Whitehurst would make Vinny Jones wet himself!. Actually rumour has it Whitehurst beat Jones up while they were teamates at Sheffield united!

mullinwire

"If the media didn't highlight his tweets he wouldn't have so many followers. Who created the monster?

His mother?..... "

unless you are saying Barton is the 2nd coming im certain his dad had something to do with it also lol

By *UNCHBOXMan  over a year ago

folkestone

Joey Barton has come up with some of the best putdowns ever in football. Some of his best ones;

"England did nothing in the World Cup, why are they bringing books out? 'We got beat in the quarter-finals, I played like shit, here's my book'. Who wants to read that? I don't"

It's alright, I'm not going to steal your breakfast you fat prick. (The reported reaction to Frank Lampard changing tables to avoid him at an england training camp).

By *ove2-shareCouple  over a year ago

South Gloucestershire

"he lashed out with a pussyfooted kick to the back of the calve. was born out of frustration

hes not a thug hes just a pleb "

he also tried to headbur Kompany, and was uncontrollable for a while,I agree hes a knob -not a pleb that just means working class whixh is hardly worthy of an insult.

"he lashed out with a pussyfooted kick to the back of the calve. was born out of frustration"

His kick to Aguero was a calculated attempt to get a City player to react and get sent off also. He then headbutted Kompany for the same reason.

Barton is a cheat and an animal and the game I love so much doesn't need him as much as he thinks it does.

By *abloBackMan  over a year ago

London

Barton has done time for attacking someone, stubbed a cigar out in another players eye and his brother is inside for murder.

Some of his tweets are interesting but I still don't like him

you will always have players who add violent or explosive behaviour to their game because they lack the skills to be the best.

also as a manager it can sometimes be handy to use a player like barton to target an oposing player and take them out of the game.

but after watching the assault on the man city player after the original foul, off the pitch the police would charge you so i feel barton should face the weight of the law as any player who goes beyond it.

doesnt matter if its a sport or not, a crime has been committed and the cps should look until bringing charges other wise it looks like this type of behaviour is exceptable in out society.

which it is not!.

"he lashed out with a pussyfooted kick to the back of the calve. was born out of frustration

His kick to Aguero was a calculated attempt to get a City player to react and get sent off also. He then headbutted Kompany for the same reason.

Barton is a cheat and an animal and the game I love so much doesn't need him as much as he thinks it does."

Bit like Tevez and Baliotelli this season at times stamping on players, throwing punches etc etc. but City were "desperate" enough to use them both after they would "never play for the club again", and how many city fans said Tevez should never play for the club again and now will forget all that as he has helped them to the title??

As for John Terry getting in the England side how has that happened, people are so fickle towards their own goals, morals have left football as far as I'm concerned.

People have to see that football is played by a lot of uneducated and spoilt guys who are thought of as gods by many so think they can get away with almost anything!!

By *els_BellsWoman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

He disgusts me completely! (I'm sure he thinks highly of me as well!)

I grew up not far from him, as did David Nugent and Steven Gerrard.

Have a look on google for the letter from Jimmy Corkhill to Joey Barton, it says it all about him and his erm delightful family.

Pure Scum and thats me being nice

"Have a look on google for the letter from Jimmy Corkhill to Joey Barton, it says it all about him and his erm delightful family.

"

The problem with TWITter is that it gives idiots a mouthpiece and let's other idiots join in. If any of the diatribe I've just read on there was said in a school there would be accusations of bullying being screamed from the rafters. Yes Barton is a well know, well documented dick, but he's 30 this year and on his way out. He'll be lucky to get a job with a League Two side in a year or two and then he'll probably get dropped by them for another stupid incident, and then he'll slide quickly into obscurity never to be heard of again.

But to be slagged off by a TV soap character - and have hundreds of 'followers' applaud said character - that's got to be the pinnacle of stupidity in itself.

"

But to be slagged off by a TV soap character - and have hundreds of 'followers' applaud said character - that's got to be the pinnacle of stupidity in itself. "

Dont think its really Jimmy Corkhill, and I haven't read any of the comments, just what his/her initial letter to him.

More than likely classed as bullying, and maybe stupidity by his followers, but the writer brings Bartons previous allegations up.

Personally, I feel he should never have been allowed on the pitch after the cigar incident on a fellow team mate! Same way I felt about Boywer et al, I dont want the future footballers seeing the likes of Barton doing what he does on or off the pitch and get away with it!

And as for him being captain at QPR, well I dont know what Sparky had been on when he made that decision

Nasty bit of work Barton is and a thug! Wonder when Ferguson will sign him.

"Nasty bit of work Barton is and a thug! Wonder when Ferguson will sign him. "

I didnt think my detest for hime could grow anymore, but now youve said that

"So, he has over 1.5m followers on Twitter. What a sad indictment of 2.5% of the population. They need to get a life. "

2.5% of which population?

Neither Twitter nor the Premier League football audience is restricted to the UK; also there are many more Twitter accounts than there are actual Twitter users.

By *abloBackMan  over a year ago

London

"

But to be slagged off by a TV soap character - and have hundreds of 'followers' applaud said character - that's got to be the pinnacle of stupidity in itself.

Dont think its really Jimmy Corkhill, and I haven't read any of the comments, just what his/her initial letter to him.

More than likely classed as bullying, and maybe stupidity by his followers, but the writer brings Bartons previous allegations up.

Personally, I feel he should never have been allowed on the pitch after the cigar incident on a fellow team mate! Same way I felt about Boywer et al, I dont want the future footballers seeing the likes of Barton doing what he does on or off the pitch and get away with it!

And as for him being captain at QPR, well I dont know what Sparky had been on when he made that decision "

It was Neil warnock made him captain, more as an act of faith in him, even Barton realises there are better captains than him in the team. New captain for next season

» Add a new message to this topic