FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Mental health check in

Mental health check in

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *naswingdress OP   Woman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

How's everyone managing? Isolation, depression, anxiety, other?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Desperately want to cuddle my kids and anxious about going back to work next week but I’m coping with it . How are you doing today OP? X

I'm missing my mum and just the freedom to go out for whatever reason and for as long as I like. Otherwise, I'm pretty upbeat

How about you Swing?

I’ve had a real down over the last couple of days, almost feelings of despair. Coming out of it now thanks to some truly lovely people on here.

Up day. Despite of a little sleep. One worry less. For now.

How are you?

Had some pretty crappy days, today is definitely more positive thank to some good friends.

How are you today Swing?

By *eddyBearBazMan  over a year ago

St Helens

"How's everyone managing? Isolation, depression, anxiety, other?"

Im doing good ty swing hope your doing ok ? Xx

I haven't been outside for 11 days, I thought I would be climbing the walls.. But weirdly feeling fresh and raring to go Anyone having a hard time, not feeling themselves, I hope you find your happy place again which you will

Manchester (she/her)

"I’ve had a real down over the last couple of days, almost feelings of despair. Coming out of it now thanks to some truly lovely people on here."

Really sorry to hear that. We'll get through together xx

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

In a good place this week. A sense of perspective on where I am in life and what resources I have available has helped. A little self audit if you will.

Manchester (she/her)

I'm doing well thanks everyone. I've climbed out of my pit much quicker than I thought given how paralysed I've been. I'm stronger than I give myself credit for. Had and given lots of support which has helped a lot. Realistic about what's ahead to the extent that I know.

Exercise is helping, focusing on achievements.

I'm getting my libido back which means the worst of the mental health shite is done for me.

By *eddyBearBazMan  over a year ago

St Helens

"I'm doing well thanks everyone. I've climbed out of my pit much quicker than I thought given how paralysed I've been. I'm stronger than I give myself credit for. Had and given lots of support which has helped a lot. Realistic about what's ahead to the extent that I know.

I'm getting my libido back which means the worst of the mental health shite is done for me."

Aw happy to hear it swing and you know im always here for you xx

By *dam1971Man  over a year ago

Bedford

Good to hear for those who are climbing out of it

Not feeling too good, but keeping going because of my kids. Missing hugs from mr, this living apart is tough and I’m worried about him as he’s had to keep working x

"I'm doing well thanks everyone. I've climbed out of my pit much quicker than I thought given how paralysed I've been. I'm stronger than I give myself credit for. Had and given lots of support which has helped a lot. Realistic about what's ahead to the extent that I know.

I'm getting my libido back which means the worst of the mental health shite is done for me."

Good to hear

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

That's great to hear Op. It's tough right now.

I'm okay. Like I'm positive most of the time and I try to be. A lot of my loved ones are frontline NHS and that makes me worry and a bit stressed. I feel guilty for not being constantly happy (we're financially and job secure) but at the same time I am anxious and sometimes things hit me hard right now.

By *eavy-Metal-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Liverpool

Trying to keep our minds active with doing puzzles and keeping in touch with friends though online gamimg sessions and that. As with everyone we hoping this blows over quickly then we can get to a sense of normality.

By *nto My ArmsMan  over a year ago

Herts/London

In the middle of a bad time with anxiety.

Was diagnosed just before all this and was managing triggers quite well, but all bets have been off since lockdown.

By *JohnMan  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

I'm normally a bit of a hermit, so the isolation part has not been a problem. I'm very good at being on my own. And I'm fortunate in being able to work from home, so I don't have endless days with nothing to fill them. I feel for those who do.

What surprised me was my reaction to shopping. Last week the anxiety hit, because I no longer knew how shopping works. I needed to go out, but the rules have been changing and I didn't know what to expect when I got there. I think this is an autism spectrum thing.

This morning I returned to the big supermarket, and it was much better. This is becoming the new normal, and even minimal familiarity helps.

It's going to take longer to adjust to running out of chocolate on Sunday night and not being able to casually go out and get some. I'm going to need to do a lot more forward planning than I'm used to. Chocolate is a mental health essential.

By *evil-AngelWoman  over a year ago

"Had some pretty crappy days, today is definitely more positive thank to some good friends.

How are you today Swing? "

Really glad to hear it's getting better for you

By *evil-AngelWoman  over a year ago

This is really positive, I'm so happy to hear this xx

By *elshkinkyMan  over a year ago

south wales

Happy to take messages off anyone going through a tough time. Remember the need to talk. Stay safe x

By *ribsaMan  over a year ago

A box at end of your bed

I am doing ok I think lots of movies and online gaming. But I am still working so I do get out everyday and see people from the safe distance.

Hardest part is not being able to go anywhere or see/visit other family members.

I do believe my son is getting bored with the xbox too, I never thought that day would ever happen lol.

Hang on in they everyone wishing you all well and keep your chin up

"Had some pretty crappy days, today is definitely more positive thank to some good friends.

How are you today Swing?

Really glad to hear it's getting better for you "

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Dandy No issues. I'm wired differently and can be nonchalant with regards to most things.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Still both mental thanks for asking

Manchester (she/her)

"In the middle of a bad time with anxiety.

Was diagnosed just before all this and was managing triggers quite well, but all bets have been off since lockdown. "

This is a giant trigger. It's so normal. It's not easy, but we're all in this together.

By *elloIntrigueMan  over a year ago

North West UK

Sending good thoughts to everyone that needs them. I'm loving the relatively warm weather and brightness.

Terribly. Been slipping for days and no amount of exercise or reading or writing has worked. I miss social interaction.

But, I am sending what strength I have to you all xx

Meow.

Yeah fine all good this end thanks!

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Really good and positive thanks swing, glad to hear you are ok

Hugs to any that need them x

"Terribly. Been slipping for days and no amount of exercise or reading or writing has worked. I miss social interaction.

But, I am sending what strength I have to you all xx "

Hang in there your doing just fine! It will be ok just be patient!

Manchester (she/her)

"Terribly. Been slipping for days and no amount of exercise or reading or writing has worked. I miss social interaction.

But, I am sending what strength I have to you all xx "

Reach out to friends online. It's hard, but we'll get through

Glad to hear you are doing okay lovely. I'm fine, good and bad days but my sleep pattern is a bit buggered up. I wake in early hrs of the morning and can't get off again. Maybe a little anxiety creeping in and worry?

Manchester (she/her)

"Glad to hear you are doing okay lovely. I'm fine, good and bad days but my sleep pattern is a bit buggered up. I wake in early hrs of the morning and can't get off again. Maybe a little anxiety creeping in and worry?

"

Yeah, my sleep is still stuffed too. I think that's normal

So happy for you. Keep up the great work

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

Still working so getting out

Just worry every day about all this ...

Its very scary odd times for all

Sending love xx

I was doing surprisingly well although I started a little iffy with my anxiety, past few weeks have been dandy.

Today on the other hand not so, I hadn't really realised the date

It's a tough time for me, but upwards and onwards.

Hope everyone else is doing okay x

Manchester (she/her)

"I was doing surprisingly well although I started a little iffy with my anxiety, past few weeks have been dandy.

Today on the other hand not so, I hadn't really realised the date

It's a tough time for me, but upwards and onwards.

Hope everyone else is doing okay x"

Big hugs x

By *ark ph0enixWoman  over a year ago

Teesside

Anxiety is biting hard lately. I normally deal by going to gym or having a long walk with Spotify.

I'm trying to substitute with leisurely baths with a book but not nearly as effective

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

The weekend was challenging as I had some bad news (and also it was a full moon.)

Feeling mentally more robust today.

And thank you for asking OP.

I’ve generally been ok. I’m not enamoured with the lockdown and I’m longing to head off somewhere open but it’s something that has to be done and there is no point fighting it.

Still has it’s down days though. I’m still managing to speak to my counsellor once a week via WhatsApp and that isn’t great but better than nothing

I'll concede the novelty has very much worn off after a month

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Struggling today tbh. Not sure why, I'm having another phase of not being able to get my head around it all. And feeling desperately sad for my kids not just because their freedom has been taken away but also how bleak the future looks for them

By *irth.Minge.FireMan  over a year ago

Seen in far off places

I'm incredibly busy working very long hours - any anxieties I have are associated with my professional position of much responsibility.

Pictures of sexy bottom lip biting, and hair twiddling, I find eases such stresses.

Feel free to send via DM...

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

Been struggling last couple of days but feel a little better today ...Giving myself a pamper session going to attempt to cut my hair so hopefully it will not be a disaster ...

I get super mega lonely. I miss my friends a lot and I’d like a hug.

That being said I’m adjusting quite quickly. I’ve been volunteering with the nhs and calling elderly people who are alone and that has helped loads as I can talk for England.

By *otterabzMan  over a year ago

Ellon

Really missing hugs, but managing to get the occasional convo with the neighbours, from a safe distance, so at least I’m getting some social interaction.

Am one of the fortunate ones who can work from home, but am on leave this week. Have drawn up a list of jobs, but am rationing them so I don’t do them all in one day lol. Garden shed and garage door painted today

I'm quite melancholy about it all now... how are you?

Hang in there your doing just fine! It will be ok just be patient! "

Fingers crossed!

Reach out to friends online. It's hard, but we'll get through"

Best mate is going to give me a call tomorrow so let’s hope I’m still up for it then. Thank you. X

Feeling fine, but massively lazy. Can’t be fussed to do anything.

In a word... wank. And not the relieving de-stressing kind.

My head is all over the place and I can't really see the light at the end of the tunnel regarding a huge part of my life.

I know I'm being a crap mate at the minute as I'm struggling to open messages that are being sent, it's almost like I can write here about it just leave it there. If I actually talk about stuff to other people one to one it makes it all the more real if that makes sense. I need to delve then and that comes with realisations and a slice of salt into the wounds.

Yesterday I could have wandered off into oblivion. Today I'm just happy to be having a roast dinner.

I had so many plans of self improvement to crack on with during lockdown, yet I can barely muster getting out of bed. I dunno, it's like I've had a slap round the head telling me I've been living in cloud cuckoo land for the last god knows how long and I need to face reality. Problem is, everyone has different versions of reality, different scopes and different morals and agendas.

P

By *nvisible_beardMan  over a year ago

near newbridge, wales

Same old same old

I'll pull myself through

By *he Little Fuck MachineMan  over a year ago

Co.Antrim

"How's everyone managing? Isolation, depression, anxiety, other?"

All of the above.

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

I'm doing ok, apart from the odd emotional wobble. I keep worrying and stressing about our business, and I'm missing our son, and I can burst into tears over nothing. My sex drive has dropped too.

I keep telling myself that worrying won't help, and what will be will be.

Mr is his usual cheerful self and being my rock, and keeping me laughing and smiling. I'd be lost without him, so I really feel for you guys who are alone right now.

Massive hugs guys x

Manchester (she/her)

"In a word... wank. And not the relieving de-stressing kind.

My head is all over the place and I can't really see the light at the end of the tunnel regarding a huge part of my life.

I know I'm being a crap mate at the minute as I'm struggling to open messages that are being sent, it's almost like I can write here about it just leave it there. If I actually talk about stuff to other people one to one it makes it all the more real if that makes sense. I need to delve then and that comes with realisations and a slice of salt into the wounds.

Yesterday I could have wandered off into oblivion. Today I'm just happy to be having a roast dinner.

I had so many plans of self improvement to crack on with during lockdown, yet I can barely muster getting out of bed. I dunno, it's like I've had a slap round the head telling me I've been living in cloud cuckoo land for the last god knows how long and I need to face reality. Problem is, everyone has different versions of reality, different scopes and different morals and agendas.

P"

Big, big hugs x

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

I know a couple of people who’s got issues in their lives at the moment. These are being made much worse by the present crisis.

The voices say we are all fine. Thanks for asking.

Manchester (she/her)

"I know a couple of people who’s got issues in their lives at the moment. These are being made much worse by the present crisis. "

I bet.

Just been told I am a key work and got to go back to work after 4 weeks of with Anxiety Been struggling with my tables Venlafaxine 225 they just up it to with a different one for bed

By *honiex43Man  over a year ago

Bodmin

Working front line NHS it’s tough. Seen a lot of upsetting things the last few weeks. I’m normally resilient but I’m a bit off I have to say. But we will keep fighting

Glad to hear that.

Struggling again , working the night shift , so not getting much sleep during the days , feel trapped I hate that feeling , just need to do something exciting, got to work all over Easter so no rest at all , I miss going to the graves of my folks , but there 30 miles away , so can’t go , that’s making me feel bad , as stupid as it sounds I get comfort from talking to them whist I’m there , every day is the same , work sleep eat , I don’t know how to snap out of this ,

Manchester (she/her)

"Working front line NHS it’s tough. Seen a lot of upsetting things the last few weeks. I’m normally resilient but I’m a bit off I have to say. But we will keep fighting "

Big hugs. And thank you.

By *honiex43Man  over a year ago

Bodmin

Thank you hugs much appreciated

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I’m just taking each day as it comes and getting on with my life as best I can. I’ve already spent a day in A&E in the last week.... I hoping not to see it again

Even though I hardly had a social life before this, I'm still feeling the isolation. Being furloughed and worrying if I'll have a job in a coue of months isn't helping.

Evening OP / all... I feel so much brighter after my low over the weekend and better able to help those around me who have family members with confirmed cases of the virus or relatives with non-corona related illnesses that are worsening rapidly by the day.

So hard for everyone.. A friend had to say goodbye to a family member through a window.. Unreal and so distressing

Someone very special to me is also ill.. they tell me they think it is only a cold (so i don't worrry?) so i have everything crossed. But I'm so freaking worried.. However, one day at a time

A huge thank you to everyone who reaches out privately on these threads, so lovely to feel the support + care from so many people and a huge thanks OP for these threads x

I did something really positive today - signed up to volunteer as a phone 'friend' - can't wait to do something meaningful and purposeful.. And it's nice to have a bit of control in my life again.

Manchester (she/her)

The phone support is massively rewarding xx

» Add a new message to this topic