FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Wrong impression

Wrong impression

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

No I’m not talking about your comedic impressions lol

But how many Fabbers have built up an impression of someone based on text messaging yet when they actually meet they find they are completely a different person and got them so wrong.

For good or bad?

Any good stories out there?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I think everyone I've met one on one has lived up to my perception of them via messaging etc but then I usually spend quite an amount of time getting to know people before meeting so have a fair idea by the time we do.

There have been people I've met at socials that have been markedly different from their on-line persona, but they've mostly been people I've not chatted to much beforehand.

The biggest surprises have actually been when people have sent a face pic and it's differed from how I imagined.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Everyone assumes about us or gets an impression then meet and tell me particularly that I’m nothing like they though...on here and in real life ...crazy to me as I’m just me

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

No I've not had that, a few confidence variations but that's what socials are for, to see if the chemistry is there

I actually started a similar thread recently because this happened to me.

I had at some point formed an opinion of someone and wasn't a fan until we actually got talking one night and they were totally different.

After that I actually green arrowed them and found a whole load of comments they'd made I hadn't noticed, I think because they didn't confirm the impression I had I just subconsciously dismissed them.

Not so much when I’ve met them, but there are a few I’ve been disappointed in the longer I’ve known a few. I guess eventually you see things you dislike in most people. I try to get the disappointment in me over quickly, hence my profile. I’d rather get blocked quickly than spending time getting to know someone who is disappointed by something I could have made clear or had already made clear on my profile.

Yep I’ve had this, I’ve thought negatively about someone based on messages then when I met them they were actually a totally different person to what I had created.

Just shows sometimes first impressions are wrong xx

Well it’s personal perception I guess, I mean we could look at pics and say this person is super confident sexy in every way possible and perhaps they could be arrogant with it?

But then like you say..........

We shouldn’t read into people should we but it seems a lot do and it’s auch a huge shame x

I try to keep an open mind about people until I actually get to meet them face to face. Then I can justify ( to myself ) beginning to form impressions of them. Even talking over the phone isn't really that reliable in forming justified impressions, as I need to see someone's eyes as we chat to truly get a feel for them.

It's the ones you can hardly get a conversation out of when you're messaging them.

Then they turn out to be real chatterboxes in the real.

» Add a new message to this topic