FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > bt infinity

bt infinity

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ortheastcoupleuk OP   Couple  over a year ago

easington were the sun dont shine

we have bt infinity getting installed on thursday up to 40 meg ,anyway me mate next street just got infinity 2 last week we nigh on the same distance from the exchange yet bt say my line cant get it .anyway has any one got this and whats yours thoughts on it, we now have bt biz account up to 20 meg yet only get around 12 meg alls ok till we try to download from upstairs pc then it goes down to 3/4 meg any one else had these probs.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Well you know Bamboozalled, I'm further away than that

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I think you always get a lower speed if you have multiple PC's on the same connection.

But, no matter what these companies offer as speed, unless you live in the exchange you don't normally get what they say.

back home i only had 1.2mb/s and that was on bt's upto 20mb/s. The only positive from having that package was unlimited internet downloads.

cant even get infinity yet :P may get over 3mb/s if im lucky!

I would imagine your not able to be connected to the fibre cabinet to give you access to infinity, as already said if you live in the exchange you can get the advertised speed, but you always get a lower bandwidth the further away you are and the condition of the cable your connected too.

By *he tactile technicianMan  over a year ago

the good lands, the bad lands, the any where you may want me lands

on BT infinity here, and receiving on average 26.9 MB download speed, though with 4 users on the one router the drain can be quite annoying. Still a lot better than our previous BT broad band connection

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Although you are near, does not mean you are on the same exchange.

» Add a new message to this topic