FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Premiership footballers

Premiership footballers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *arlomale OP   Man  over a year ago

darlington

It seems that the health minister has taken a pop at them but he’s not had a go about rich actors and musicians who haven’t done much to help so are footballers just a target for people to bash because they earn a fortune

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"It seems that the health minister has taken a pop at them but he’s not had a go about rich actors and musicians who haven’t done much to help so are footballers just a target for people to bash because they earn a fortune "

Actors normally only get paid for working.

Musicians are paid royalties or for shows which they can’t do.

Footballers are salaried and not working and being paid while back room staff are being furloughed.

So I can see the issue people have with it.

darlington

"It seems that the health minister has taken a pop at them but he’s not had a go about rich actors and musicians who haven’t done much to help so are footballers just a target for people to bash because they earn a fortune

Footballers are salaried and not working and being paid while back room staff are being furloughed.

So I can see the issue people have with it. "

point is actors and musicians are rich probably more than some average earners in the premier league so why are footballers getting a lot of stick aimed at them but other rich people aren’t is just because they are an easy target

"It seems that the health minister has taken a pop at them but he’s not had a go about rich actors and musicians who haven’t done much to help so are footballers just a target for people to bash because they earn a fortune

So I can see the issue people have with it. point is actors and musicians are rich probably more than some average earners in the premier league so why are footballers getting a lot of stick aimed at them but other rich people aren’t is just because they are an easy target "

It’s not about being rich. It’s about them being continued to be paid when other staff at the club, on wages a fraction of theirs, are being furloughed

darlington

So I can see the issue people have with it. point is actors and musicians are rich probably more than some average earners in the premier league so why are footballers getting a lot of stick aimed at them but other rich people aren’t is just because they are an easy target

It’s not about being rich. It’s about them being continued to be paid when other staff at the club, on wages a fraction of theirs, are being furloughed "

fair point but it seems like a bit of a witch-hunt against them regarding what they earn what they should do to help out seem a bit unfair

They are still training and theres plenty of people who earn more than them. Why isn’t he targeting the billionares who dont pay tax instead? I just think they are easy to call out and it’s a bit of a cop out to be honest.

By *ilvergreyMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

Today's news seems to be focusing on when is the football season going to restart is that a priority in the current climate?

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

They are still training and theres plenty of people who earn more than them. Why isn’t he targeting the billionares who dont pay tax instead? I just think they are easy to call out and it’s a bit of a cop out to be honest."

It’s like some people are only realising football players are pointless

I don't really care what people earn or what they do with their wages. Nothing to do with me, same as my wages is nothing to do with anyone else

What really gets my goat is when a football donates say 10k to a charity, everyone starts with the "is that it? thats nothing to them" shit. A footballers image seems to be more intact when they dont give to charity

By *crumdiddlyumptiousMan  over a year ago

Top football players earn 100k-300k a week and pay tax on their wages like everyone else, Cut their wages and they pay less tax, That's a lot of tax lost

More importantly to me. are MPs.taking a wage cut.. dount it. They wi.probably reward themselves with a 25% pay increase.

Not a footballers are on huge wages, and those who are are likely donating a lot of that money to people who need it.

How many women make it through college etc thanks to footballers erm Donatuons :p

They just dont all advertise the fact that they have donated to the needy..

So I can see the issue people have with it. point is actors and musicians are rich probably more than some average earners in the premier league so why are footballers getting a lot of stick aimed at them but other rich people aren’t is just because they are an easy target

It’s not about being rich. It’s about them being continued to be paid when other staff at the club, on wages a fraction of theirs, are being furloughed "

Might be a nice gesture if the footballers made up the 20% shortfall in wages of those who clean their boots and wash their kit.

But the real responsibility lies with the the clubs, they're not poor. They shouldn't be paying the players 100% whilst not topping up the salaries of the people who do the real work.

By *illy999TV/TS  over a year ago

Taunton

"It’s like some people are only realising football players are pointless "

So is football , thicks kicking a bladder for other thicks to pay for and watch. The newish opium..

"It’s like some people are only realising football players are pointless

So is football , thicks kicking a bladder for other thicks to pay for and watch. The newish opium.. "

I am not the niggest footba fan. However you must admit that it encourages good things like excercise, teamwork, planning, a sense of community.

While generating things like employment, tax for the economy (how much tax do you think is directly attributed to football? It is one of the biggest employers on the planet) medical advancement etc etc

It’s not about being rich. It’s about them being continued to be paid when other staff at the club, on wages a fraction of theirs, are being furloughed

Might be a nice gesture if the footballers made up the 20% shortfall in wages of those who clean their boots and wash their kit.

But the real responsibility lies with the the clubs, they're not poor. They shouldn't be paying the players 100% whilst not topping up the salaries of the people who do the real work.

"

I think this is haplening with some clubs. Where the well paid have taken a larger cut to allow lower paid staff members to keep a full wage.

Of course not every club is the same.

By *hampagne_Supernova_91Man  over a year ago

Manchester

Notice how it's the Footballers that have to put money aside, I've yet to see a Politician donate as much as a quid yet. Charity starts from home and all that

"Notice how it's the Footballers that have to put money aside, I've yet to see a Politician donate as much as a quid yet. Charity starts from home and all that "

To be fair, an MP gets 82k a year. That's not really comparable to most Premier League players' salary.

"Notice how it's the Footballers that have to put money aside, I've yet to see a Politician donate as much as a quid yet. Charity starts from home and all that "

Exactly.

If they had done their job properly the nhs would not be so under staffed and more suitably equipped.

Again those politicians will likely give themselves yet another fat pay rise.

"Notice how it's the Footballers that have to put money aside, I've yet to see a Politician donate as much as a quid yet. Charity starts from home and all that

To be fair, an MP gets 82k a year. That's not really comparable to most Premier League players' salary. "

82k plus expenses.

However you cant simply compate them to the premier league.

Ill bet the average weekly pay for a footballer is lower than many expect.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Well as most top flight footballers earn more in a week than most MPs do in a year is hardly surprising that's not to mention endorsement and sponsorship deals.

That said most MPs make money from knowing the right people, being silent company directors and dare I say it some insider knowledge regarding buying and selling shares.

But that's just a guess

"Notice how it's the Footballers that have to put money aside, I've yet to see a Politician donate as much as a quid yet. Charity starts from home and all that

To be fair, an MP gets 82k a year. That's not really comparable to most Premier League players' salary.

82k plus expenses.

However you cant simply compate them to the premier league.

Ill bet the average weekly pay for a footballer is lower than many expect.

"

The same is true for most actors and musicians, going back to OP's original point. Most need a second or third job to make ends meet.

Yep

By *ill74Man  over a year ago

New forest area

They are still training and theres plenty of people who earn more than them. Why isn’t he targeting the billionares who dont pay tax instead? I just think they are easy to call out and it’s a bit of a cop out to be honest."

Those billionaires, like Richard Branson, don't live in the UK for long enough every year. I believe he spends a bit of time on his island. They need to live in the UK for 183 days each financial year, before they get taxed. He's being clever. It's not the government failing to tax him.

I also just read that apparently the richest 1% in the UK pay 28% of all income tax.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Go and look at what the lower league clubs are doing, the ones with bugger all money (or grass, in our case). TRFC are acting as a community hub, distributing food parcels etc. And our players are on far more "normal" salaries. Football can be a force for good and clubs can and do act as the lynchpin of their communities.

» Add a new message to this topic