FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Could someone advise me please

Could someone advise me please

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *anillaboy OP   Man  over a year ago

london

2 friends of mine got a issue. They use to live 4 of them in one flat and pay 1350 all four but now 2 of them left so one room is empty. They have contract untul the 1 june 2020 and they always payed the rent on time . Now the landlord ask them to live to empty the flat because he is losing money on that empty room and he wants to rent all flat to someone. Can the landlord do that? He changed even the main door lock without giving them a spare key.

What do u think my friends can do or What they are alowed to do?

Thank you

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *elshkinkyMan  over a year ago

south wales

If they have a tenancy agreement and are on a short term lease then no not without sufficient notice. He also needs to be a registered landlord... not sure what area they are in but wales has different governing bodies to england etc... and if in doubt give Shelter a ring. I’d hope they had a lease and I also hope their bond was kept with a third party company

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not sure but do they not have to cover the rent of the empty room? That's what my son had to do when he was flatsharing and one moved out their rent increased.

They need to take advice

london

"If they have a tenancy agreement and are on a short term lease then no not without sufficient notice. He also needs to be a registered landlord... not sure what area they are in but wales has different governing bodies to england etc... and if in doubt give Shelter a ring. I’d hope they had a lease and I also hope their bond was kept with a third party company "

Tks for your reply mate.

The landlord it is registrated is not a private one and like i said they sign the contract last year in 1 june2019 for 12 months but in the mean while 2 guys left and he have one room empty . Because he can’t find someone to Stay there or because he wants to increase the rent( i supose) he puts this guys under preasure.

london

"Not sure but do they not have to cover the rent of the empty room? That's what my son had to do when he was flatsharing and one moved out their rent increased.

They need to take advice "

That What landlord says too but in the contract are 4 diferent names that they had to pay the amount 1350£. Now If 2 left Im wondering Why the others needs to pay If they are using only one room plus the contract doean’t Says If 2 give up the other 2 must pay the total?

Is it legal?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not currently he can't. Government have put a block on all evictions - i.e. landlord would need to apply to court to evict and no court will currently grant an eviction

london

"Not currently he can't. Government have put a block on all evictions - i.e. landlord would need to apply to court to evict and no court will currently grant an eviction"

Thank you. That is what i was thinking too. Plus Im saying again that 2 friends of mine they always paid on time they part of rent . They never late and they stil have the contract until 1 june 2020. Landlord try to intimidate them (

» Add a new message to this topic