FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > How do you forum?

How do you forum?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What makes you reply to a thread? Do you look at the title or the poster before you decide to have a look?

Do you read the OP and reply or see what others have said first?

Do you go back to see if anyone has replied or just move on? If there is a reply are you conscious of taking over a thread with chat that excludes others?

Tell me all!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I only reply to people in the clique

"I only reply to people in the clique"

God damn it, don't out me!

I will read the title take a look then join in after I read the first bit and I always check it to see replies etc the forums are what keeps me going listening and talking to all you lovely lot

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

The name of the thread - is it catches my euro will respond

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

It varies - sometimes a thread title will catch my eye, sometimes I'll see that the OP or the last poster is someone I find interesting, sometimes I'll just dip in and out of threads looking for something of interest.

Likewise when it comes to re-visiting - if it's a subject I feel passionate about or can add to I'll return often and keep the debate going

I do use my "Recent Threads" thing often too

I tend to only reply if I can see an opportunity to take the piss!

"I only reply to people in the clique"

How do you know if your in the clique

By *orny IrishMan  over a year ago

Rural Wiltshire

It depends I have no hard and fast rule. Read the title, have a nosey and if Ithink it will be fin or I am interested in the topic join in.

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

I’ll only post if I like the cut of your jib

By *uke OzadeMan  over a year ago

Ho Chi Minge City

"The name of the thread - is it catches my euro will respond "

Euros not legal tender on this thread

By *ustme34Man  over a year ago

Bradford

"What makes you reply to a thread? Do you look at the title or the poster before you decide to have a look?

Do you go back to see if anyone has replied or just move on? If there is a reply are you conscious of taking over a thread with chat that excludes others?

Tell me all!

"

I read the title see if it's something of interest or a game i like. Sometimes the op or the last posters name to see if it's someone I talk to or like their previous posts. i might look to see what they have said . Maybe scroll through see who else has posted . Sometime I just lurk and look through then leave for another thread. Sometimes comments are ignored so I don't go back sometime there replied to so I'll stay and chat more .... all depends on the post and the day I supose

"I only reply to people in the clique

How do you know if your in the clique "

If you attend the monthly clique meetings or not

How do you know if your in the clique "

If PoF replies to you.

By *rMrsBrightsideCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle

I never look to see who has posted it but do look at the title.

I'll reply if I think I have anything relevant to say. I am more likely to respond on a quieter thread though as sometimes it seems pointless if it is very busy with lots of little conversations going on between individuals.

I sometimes look back to see if I have a reply, if I remember to. Doesn't happen often though

Mrs x

How do you know if your in the clique

If you attend the monthly clique meetings or not"

I've never been invited I guess I'm not but u often reply to my posts to I'm now confused am I in or out

If the title catches my eye, I’ll have a look; if I think the thread is interesting, I’ll comment.

I usually look through others comments and almost always check back at a later point.

I tend to join in with the evening light hearted or funny ones that don't require much from me whilst I'm eating my tea and unwinding from the day

I love jim + Ash's evening check-in threads, Noras secret service thread and also the 'pm a Q' thread

All depends on whether I fancy the OP or not

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Anything that'll pique my interest so long as it doesn't attract to much controversy. I'm not here for that.

I look at the title and have a nose! If it tickles my fancy then I join in. Don’t really look at who is involved until they start responding to my comments. Or if I fancy the pants off of them I may get more involved xx

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"What makes you reply to a thread? Do you look at the title or the poster before you decide to have a look?

"

The title has to catch my eye before I open. The OP rarely bothers me, but there are some instances where I will ignore threads from certain individuals as I just don’t have the energy for the nonsense

" Do you read the OP and reply or see what others have said first? "

Always read the OP before replying, whether I do that before or after reading the thread depends on my gut reaction to what is written in the OP

" Do you go back to see if anyone has replied or just move on? If there is a reply are you conscious of taking over a thread with chat that excludes others? "

That all depends on the type of thread

Tend not to bother.

The ones that are serious often descend into a bun fight, that has nothing to do whether an argument has merit but who can shout loudest and longest.

The less serious, we tend to get ignored.

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Tell me all!

"

I open the thread regardless of the title to read what the OP has to say, I will reply if it interests me or I wish to contribute but generally I Just put my opinions, if I have a question or a personal answer I will reply privately to them.

I am a nightmare (unless it's a thread I started) for going back and checking for replies

If I do catch one and it gets playful I'll take it to DM to continue

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I can't decide if I should reply to this one or Adam's on a very similar topic. Hmmm......

"I can't decide if I should reply to this one or Adam's on a very similar topic. Hmmm...... "

It’s easy. The one with the biggest boobs. So you better post on Adam’s then

I reply if I have something to say. If I have nothing to say, I don't waste anyone's time by saying it.

"I reply if I have something to say. If I have nothing to say, I don't waste anyone's time by saying it."

I wish I could be that disciplined. I also wish I had something to say that was worthwhile too

I join in to make friends

Results have not been fruitful to date

Notice me senpai

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

I Post where I want when I want my Post's are fun and lighthearted xx and love the humorous posts of many people.

By *dam1971Man  over a year ago

Bedford

"I can't decide if I should reply to this one or Adam's on a very similar topic. Hmmm...... "

I think I’ve subconsciously planted an idea in Roubi’s head. The next idea I plant will doubtless involve norks pictures

I like to reply to the short ones. I get a bit bored reading through huge ones.

I'll read most threads and decide wether I have any input or not once I have read the original post. If it's a funny thread or the OP has left themselves open to jest, then I'll read the responses before I fire off a one liner of some variety in an attempt to seem witty and humorous. I don't forum in a particular way because of anyone else, but there are one or 2 over time that have put me off a thread. I likely have that same effect on them or others too lol I mean well though

Tell me all!

"

yes all of the above

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"I'll read most threads and decide wether I have any input or not once I have read the original post. If it's a funny thread or the OP has left themselves open to jest, then I'll read the responses before I fire off a one liner of some variety in an attempt to seem witty and humorous. I don't forum in a particular way because of anyone else, but there are one or 2 over time that have put me off a thread. I likely have that same effect on them or others too lol I mean well though "

Thanks.

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

If something annoys me, interests me or I think I have something witty or informative to add. So very rarely contribute

Seriously if it's a new and interesting subject or I'm passionate about I'll often post.

I try to join the fun and light hearted ones. But not silly about fake bars and stuff

oooooo did you see that lol

I dont always go back unless it's my own thread or something what stroke my interest or had a nice exchange with someone. Probably wont go back to this one because its just lots of people sharing something, not a thread to "connect". There are just too many to look at and inbox to attend and updates to view.

I use it as per daily mood. Engaging more or less, trying to make people welcome and acknowledged if they seem in need,rather than making it just about 'me, myself and mine' self absorbed posts. I like your posts Rubi, they give many people a chance to contribute. So thanks

By *ruebameMan  over a year ago

from the womb and tryout to get back

I just see your pigtails and feel I have to comment rubeardox

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

My forum use is totally random...

Depending on the mood I am in.

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

It really does depend on my boredom level

"I just see your pigtails and feel I have to comment rubeardox "

It's ringlets today!

"I can't decide if I should reply to this one or Adam's on a very similar topic. Hmmm......

I think I’ve subconsciously planted an idea in Roubi’s head. The next idea I plant will doubtless involve norks pictures "

Sorry. I didn't notice yours!

By *eeBee67Man  over a year ago

Masked and Distant

I read the thread and if it is a topic I have an opinion, or someone posts a stupid comment gets my goat, or if I have a thought on the topic or post I will add a comment.

Nothing to do with who starts it or posts before me , unless it's a would you do XYZ to the poster above.

Thanks for all the replies.

It's interesting that not many have said it depends who the op is, most who have mentioned it is because they'd avoid certain people.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

"Thanks for all the replies.

It's interesting that not many have said it depends who the op is, most who have mentioned it is because they'd avoid certain people.

"

What about you Oh Eternally Curious Rhubarb?

"Thanks for all the replies.

What about you Oh Eternally Curious Rhubarb? "

Sorry Meli, I didn't notice you asking!

I guess it depends, I tend to float around opening most threads, I join in if I have something to say and it's relevant or amusing to myself.

I wouldn't say I avoid certain posters but the types of thread where they end up a load of people talking and quoting and things I find hard to join in, I find it hard to assert myself and be noticed.

By *affeine DuskMan  over a year ago

Caerphilly

Tell me all!

"

I usually reply in passing as I go about my day and therefore any posts with more than one question, I have to skip without exception because of time constraints.

I also reply with silly-bollocks.

It depends on my mood. Sometimes I join in with the funny threads, other days I just lurk and say hello. I do spend time rolling my eyes at some threads and replies. X

You're boobs

"You're boobs"

I'm not boobs I'm Rubi!

I don’t, I’m too anti social to talk to anyone x

Viv x

i like to be proactive

By *nvisible_beardMan  over a year ago

near newbridge, wales

For me its subject matter and games

By *hav02Man  over a year ago

Glasgow/London

If there's something to say... But no one listens to me anyway

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

I look at the title and see if it interests me, if not I will pass it by. There are certain forumites threads I enjoy reading, mainly because they are funny. Mainly on for the games and enjoy interacting with my forum friends

"I look at the title and see if it interests me, if not I will pass it by. There are certain forumites threads I enjoy reading, mainly because they are funny. Mainly on for the games and enjoy interacting with my forum friends "
youre one of my favs oh tanned one

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Randomly

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"I look at the title and see if it interests me, if not I will pass it by. There are certain forumites threads I enjoy reading, mainly because they are funny. Mainly on for the games and enjoy interacting with my forum friends youre one of my favs oh tanned one "

Thank you

I like to participate. Games , comments. Anyone and everyone. Read the title , the op . Try and be funny but also there are serious questions or comments that require etiquette. I Hope iam not seen as taking over a thread. The forum is there for everyone.

Sometimes there are people that talk over you or ignore you. The game’s too, games that require you comment on the person above , people will jump over and comment on two above . Can be rude and comments ignorant .

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

I tend to look at threads if the title piques my interest. Who has posted or responded isn't of particular interest to me; I won't be drawn to a thread nor will I avoid one based on who has started it.

If I've got a point to make I'll make it, otherwise I'll read and move on.

By *eneral HysteriaMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

"What makes you reply to a thread? Do you look at the title or the poster before you decide to have a look?..."

I don't reply to forum threads.

I'm not going to post in this one either.

Sometimes it's because I think I have something relevant to say.

Other times it's because I'm bored.

There's no real logic to it

I'm not overly keen on serious threads especially the ones where the mob takes it upon themselves to group barrack

By *eneral HysteriaMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

"I'm not overly keen on serious threads especially the ones where the mob takes it upon themselves to group barrack "

I see what you're saying here whistle but it's not the thread I don't like, it's the mob.

If the title either grabs me or simply amuses me, I’ll look in. Even if the post hasn’t made me want to write something, but one of the replies has, I’ll join in.

Mostly to pretty much zero attention, but it’s happening. By the end of lockdown, I reckon people will even read my input.

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

I generally only reply on the forum if I feel like I have something to contribute.

"I'm not overly keen on serious threads especially the ones where the mob takes it upon themselves to group barrack

I see what you're saying here whistle but it's not the thread I don't like, it's the mob."

exactly they're like hyenas

» Add a new message to this topic